Meet the cast for the new Ducktales cartoon Holla Forums

Meet the cast for the new Ducktales cartoon Holla Forums

How the fuck did they get Tennant?

they're definitely going after the tumblr audience

I guess he realized he could make more shekels working for Disney than by doing stageplays

Do Tumblr really care about his voice?

I suppose Tennant would be perfect if they're going for the whole Screen actors instead of professional voice actors thing

Yes. They fucking love Tennant in anything he does. I remeber they were all crazy about him when he appeared in Clone Wars as a droid.

I actually like David Tennant.
Don't know how good he'll be at the role.
The last Scrooge will always be my favourite.

Glad Launchpad is Confirmed.

Alan young is irreplaceable.

Tennant at least we can be sure he will sound scottish, now can he do older gentleman scottish?

It's like Craig Ferguson said though, "There have been many James Bonds, many GOOD James Bonds, but Sean Connery will always be James Bond."

To the people that grew up with him, Alan Young will always be Uncle Scrooge.

I don't think so user

Fuck you, it's like the Ben 10 and powderpuff shit.

Yeah, pretty much.
He won't be anything near Alan Young, but if he can do older gentleman Scot decently, I might watch it.

What a weird voice cast…

Or jush becaush he made us read thiss comment in his akshent.

Obligatory AnAl bum Cover for 100 dollar Trebek ya chad

It's a very Andrea Romano voice cast (after she voice directed the first DT, of course)

weird thought she would've gone with the more traditional voice actors.

I was thinking of her more BTAS-style casts

I guess casting Faye Valentine was beneath them.

But user…do you want Mrs. Beakley with Faye Valentine's husky voice?

Wendee Lee voiced Beakley in Ducktails Remastered.

They didn't get Terry McGovern even though he wanted to do it, because they want to go in a new direction with the characters

LIFE IS LIKE A HURRICANE
HERE IN, CUCKBURG

(check'd)

At least post the tweet, numbskulll.

Is he still pretending to be bisexual?

FTFY

Is that duck girl holding a gun? Is she going to a cap a bitch?

It's a grappling hook gun; look at the line at the end of the barrel.

Well damn and I thought it's going to be much more interesting series. I'm expecting too much from a Disney series am I?

All the original voice actors, save Young, could have reprised their roles. Instead, they chose "names" over talent.
So fucking sick of real voice actors jobs taken due to 'star power'.
God, the comments on that video are awful.

What I hate about "names" doing cartoon voice acting they tend to treat it like it's below them and do shit job.

On the other hand, Tennant is pretty much a nerd so I hope he still give his heart for this job.

I couldn't agree more.

did they make Mrs. Beakley a business woman or something? She sure doesn't look like a maid any more.

I'm guessing she wasn't in the source comics, since most of the changes appear to be to make things closer to Carl Barks

Or they are going more into the "Nanny" route rather than the maid, she was both in the original series, so maybe instead of mostly house duty, she is doing more Nanny (think that old reality show nanny 911?)

Maids are not a very progressive thing to show a woman as. They'd put her in a pantsuit, if they weren't so sexually ambiguous.

True, Though if they have Duckworth still being a butler they would probably get shi- HAHAHA can't even finish that with a straight face.

Though really if were talking things I'd like to see, I'd love to see Both Fenton Quackshell and Drake Mallard working in accounting at McDuck Enterprises.

Oh great

Oh fuck off fag, first things first have you played Ducktales Remastered and listened to how shit the original cast sounded? People get older, their voices change and they get replaced.

Would you rather have the cast be made up of Troy Baker, Tara Strong, Nolan North, Roger Craig Smith, Laura Bailey, Travis Willingham and Fred Tatascriore like every goddamn cartoon that airs these days?

Also if you bothered to do your research you would know some of these people have voice acting experience under their belts, Tenant voiced a droid in The Clone Wars and the Fugitoid in TMNT 2012, Ben Schwartz voiced Randy Cunningham, Kate Micucci is the current voice of Velma and Toks Olagundoye voiced the old Pizza lady in Steven Universe.

I'm so glad the internet wasn't as big as it was back when Gargoyles aired, otherwise you'd be bitching about Keith David, Ed Eisner and Jonathan Frakes taking work for "hard working voice actors".

Man, Gargoyles was great. I wish they'd bring it back, but then again, they'd probably fuck it up somehow.

That is a pretty good choice.

Does this mean this reboot is at least going to have a budget?

Modern Disney TVA shows tend to have a lot of fairly high-profile character actor types, like "Weird Al" Yankovic and Jack McBrayer

This looks fun on a bun

Now why'd you have to go and remind me that they got rid of Mindy Cohn? The wound is still fresh.

They said she'd still do the movies, but Kate did the WWE sequel and is cast for Shaggy's Showdown.
I fucking hate Miccuci. Her only fucking appeal is strange look and stranger voice. It makes me so fucking mad.

Anyways, with that cast list, I'm not terribly enthused to watch it.
I might go over it and grab Scrooge quotes and lay them over Doctor Who scenes, or vice versa, for a laugh.

And singing ironic cute songs with other strange looking chick

Little bit worried about beck bennett, his voice seems more fit for a jock like character, not Launchpads confidence but a ditz attitude.

Still hoping it will surprise me.

Seeing Pudi acting like a real person instead of a complete autist is weird to me,