AMD drivers put ads on your desktop

archive.is/svlnS

Windows users getting cucked again. :(

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/04/20/apple-iphones-recycled-mining/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Will this really make much difference on Windows 10?

It's kinda sad that people think it's okay to still you use windows

it's literally just another shortcut on the desktop pointing to some web address
not great that amd included that in their drivers but it's fucking nothing

You fucking paid for that GPU.

i didn't

get rekt faggots

Butthurt nvidia buyer's remorse shill detected.

Joking aside. This kind of attitude is really unhelpful. Literally there is no corporation that you can trust that will put users first.

I'm not even sure what can we do to improve the situation. Can't make a difference, too many mindless consumer good goyim that will buy every single polished turn they put out.

polished turd

you need facebook account for nvidia drivers on windows

we are all fucked

The FOSS drivers on Linux don't Winfag.

Even proprietary drivers don't. People would get hanged for this kind of degeneracy in Linux communities.

[citation needed]

Most of the anons were saying use the open drivers, faggot. It just so happens that AMD supports theirs, but Nvidia all but killed any chance Noveau had of ever being decent on post-7XXX series cards.

You need an account to use Geforce Experience, either a new or a social one, not necessarily Facebook. At least since last time I used it.

So you can still use the driver without an account, stop fearmongering.

This post sounds like a goddamn clickbait article.

They don't put ads on your desktop, they put a url shortcut with a custom icon that leads to a bitLy address which in turn redirects you to some quake game, also with a referral link attached. Literally no different than Nvidia or any other driver manufacturer putting shortcuts on your desktop in that you can (and most likely will) delete directly after.

If anything, it shows how desperate for money AMD is getting, which is quite sad.
Desperate enough to actually consider AND implement the idea to distribute bitly links to their customers in the hopes of maybe earning another few dollars per month from what is the equivalent of youtube ad revenue money.

I'm not
I was just trying to clarify

It's still cancerous.

Tomato tomato. Some retarded manager thought it would be a good idea to sell the shortcut to some game. You sound like they're not getting paid by Bethesda. Don't be naive.

Stop being a fanboy and get Nvidia's cock out of your mouth. None of these companies gives a single fuck about anything other than money. At the moment, however, AMD is the least shit when it comes to open source drivers.

But Nvidia treats me nicely. It buys me dinner before it fucks me.

Ads are only for windows users, but the mathematics of 3.5GB and 1.7% is universal.

If it makes me a cocksucking fanboy for preferring the option that gives me the least amount of headaches and problems, then call me a cock vampire cause I will be sucking all of them bad boys dry while counting to three, ah, ah, ah.

Not for the newest GPU line. AMDGPU is getting better every kernel release.

Surprisingly enough, Apple is the least pozed when it comes to that.

Oh wow, we are going to save the planet by making iPhones from recycled materials.
-t Apple
fortune.com/2017/04/20/apple-iphones-recycled-mining/

While they tell their customers that they shouldn't repair their laptops by third-party repair shops, so they just shred broken parts and replace them with brand new ones.

>That will be $300 (for repair that would cost you

The open AMD drivers have come a very long way, user. In fact, most games run fine with the AMD Mesa drivers. True, they have about 70-75% the performance of Nvidia's blob, but you also get better Wayland support and Gallium-fucking-9.

Open source AMD drivers are now beating the closed ones in OpenGL, user.

What game is that?

Victor Vran

At least get this shit right after reposting shit from Holla Forumseddit.

I'm using windows 10 and it's great, sometimes there's the odd ad but you don't even notice it. I mean it's not like I paid for the software anyway so it seems fair that they have ads. Android does it all the time and I still use my phone on the regular. Seems like you're all overreacting to me.

kys

If you have ads on your phone, you're a retard.

AMD: Places an icon on your desktop, removes it immediately after getting feedback

NVIDIA: Telemetry. After feedback they make it mandatory.

I think the answer is clear

I dont have any ads on my phone, the other user is right, you are retarded

WebM devs won't support Safari, and Apple does not believe the codecs being used are patent free, which is why they've held off.

Pot and kettle and such

Wasn't this always the case on Windows? The drivers and pretty much all software always comes with some junk and bloat as far as I remember.

This is your brain on Windows and Android. Your own tool bullying you starts to seem like a perfectly normal thing.

Old blob-free Nvidia?