Can anyone explain the "degeneracy" meme? It just kind of showed up out of nowhere on the Internet a few years ago

Can anyone explain the "degeneracy" meme? It just kind of showed up out of nowhere on the Internet a few years ago.

this is Holla Forums, nobody cares.

Explain this avant garde meme to me

There's got to be some reason we're all suddenly calling things "degenerate".

rural areas got internet access

Yurop/amerifats millenials detected, go to slavia with a che t-shirt, help africa or just visit paris, pro tip, you are the 1%.

redneck detected

looks like nitrodubs aka Mr. Shit King Shit Pussy

is this some kind of troll?

are you trying to debase the significance of describing patterns of degeneracy in society by making it out to be some sort of arbitrary fad?

the usage of "degeneracy" is by no means an internet meme ie it isnt some sort of viral novelty.

degeneracy is a well understood concept describing the degradation of societal values in relation to an increase in the affluence of that society. typically expressed predominantly in densely populated settlements where apathy is increased due to the perceived insignificance of an individuals worth.

if anything this whole "degeneracy is an arbitrary fad" sentiment is an internet meme. I have seen people accusing other people of using the word "degeneracy" as arbitrary insult but contrarily i cant recall anyone using the term inaccurately

which leads me to believe that this whole anti-usage of the word "degeneracy" is kick back from liberal degenerates who have no recourse for being called a degenerate because it isnt vulgar / racist / sexist etc and isnt slanderous when used accurately so they try to obfuscate it usage instead

tldr: OP is a liberal cuck who got mad at being called a degenerate for sucking dick

it's used inaccurately all the time. you moralcucks call everything degenerate that you personally dislike.

False

>having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline.

if you are advocating amorality then you have literally described a scenario where the usage is accurate

hyperbole / strawman,

do people who use the word degenerate literally call everything degenerate?

said no one ever

strawman

degeneracy is undesirable, but it is not degenerate because it is undesirable, it is degenerate because its a corruption of societal values

degenerate is just the latest fad word for "things I don't like"

also

hyperbole, [citation needed]

Name one example, faggot. 1488 to 1 odds that you're just brainwashed.

Also, what a funny coincidence that calling it out for being the newest buzzword has gotten this user so upset that he's making multiple huge posts trying to justify himself and defend it.
Funny coincidence that he also formats his posts like a redditor

vanillas think they are safe, that's the meme

i get it, you woke up in the second matrix

someone told you that

and you believed it

but now everyone is pointing at you calling you a degenerate and you cant admit that you have been tricked by the jews to be a good little degenerate cuck

I'm not amoral, I just have different morals than rednecks and religious fanatics.

Nice strawmen, redditor. You have to go back.

youre an atheist?

shit bro i got news for you that makes you a degenerate

ad-hominem

but you are essentially saying is that you are opposed to the traditional conservative values of society…

if you are deviating from the traditional values of society that literally makes you a degenerate

Go back to reddit, degenerate.

no its not, i feel content to contradict you as you havent taken time to back up your claim with reasoning ie non-argument

incidentally it has recently came to my attention that the "back to reddit" troll is indicative of pedos, perhaps you are a butthurt degenerate?

Degenerate confirmed.
>>>/reddit/

Your underlying assumption is a false cause and effect. All those things you listed do not lead to the degradation of society. Tolerating jews does.

no casue and effect implied

degenerate is an adjective

anyone satisfying that criteria is degenerate by definition regardless of cause

non argument

confirmed for pedo

You're pretty degenerate tbh fam

non argument

i guess this i what i get for posting in a troll thread

See how the degenerate reacts when he is exposed, everyone. Reduced to repeating his degenerate molyjew meme as his only defense.

this thread has got a newspeak quality

Take the hehpill, degenerate

ad-hominem

>>>/somethingawful/

degenerate

so am i now supposed to say that you are name calling?

is this supposed to be the evidence that people use the term inaccurately because you just did?

if you were trying convince someone that murder was a problem you wouldnt kill someone to provide evidence for your claims

Why do you persist in your degeneracy?

maybe because i dont want to trolls to have any sort of command over online discourse

protip: pretending to be retarded makes you sound retarded

pretending to be obnoxious makes you obnoxious

i dont know if mad is quite the right word, but if something is trying to irritate you then irritation is the sensation that is going to be felt.

so if someone tried to burn you, youd magically be able to nullify any sensation of burning, as if you had some fire proof skin, even if you were some buddhist monk and could tell yourself that the burning sensation was only electrical signals being interpreted by your brain, those signals would still be sent

an adept should be able to meditate in the middle of crowded street but that isnt to mean that meditating alone in silence isnt easier. or a more down to earth analogy, looking through lens is much easier if your lens isnt covered in shit.

trolling is degenerate as it disrupts the reasoned, logical discourse of society, you are the shit stain on the lens of human reason.

i am the cloth to wipe that lens.

didn't read lol degenerate

Implied, no, you stated it explicitly. [These mundane non-issues] lead to the collapse of society.

Normal is whatever constitutes the majority, ie. >50%. Desirability, in turn, is subjective.

i didnt say that at all, thats some pretty hefty and wholly inaccurate paraphrasing there bro

i think you need to go educate yourself on normal distribution, bell curve and standard deviations.

at any rate you failed to make a point

and?

this has the flavour of post modernist thinking which preaches that everything is subjective. post modernism is characterised by nihilism which is degenerate. leftist degenerate philosophies are borne of post modernism their reasoning is as follows

this is prone to wierdness.

if a person shot you dead would that not be objectively undesirable for you, your family and friends (implying you have any)? if desirability is subjective and therefore arbitrary, would it not follow that people could kill other people at whim? can you not see then how this begins to unravel the moral fabric of society?

Degenerate is how idiots who believe in fake feels-based morality describe everything that triggers them. They're just right-wing Tumblr. Ignore them.

You're posting on a website with a ton of pedos now. I guess that makes you a pedo. You should probably kill yourself.

see

nonsense

Degenerate

you persistently misuse that word for contrivances i have already outlined, further examples will only serve to weaken your position and strengthen mine

tbh I started it myself 10 years ago and it's because I've been raised as celibate by parents who were anti-sex.

Thing is I got out of that when the contradictions between them having created me in the first place and all the self-hate I was feeling and so on came to light in my mind with some help from others and I realized I had been raised to be a self-loathing, emasculated, depressed, mess.

Still degeneracy is a thing and a lot of stuff is still degenerate by my standards even though I have now become a degenerate.

oh btw both the top and the bottom of your pic are degenerate

You are spot on. I've been calling out degenerates forever since the days of /new/ and the people that get mad about it and try to treat it like fad are trap lady boy fuckers, a bear homosexual fetishists, and a furfag catfucker on the board I browse.

Both are degeneracy tbh.

Nope. Degenerates call non-degenerate or mildly degenerate things degen as a gaslight tactic.

I've seen this exact argument literally 10 years ago on Holla Forums.

It's not a fucking fag.

Typical. You bunch always make it out like any opposition to your degeneracy is always just one user. That is another tactic you've been using for a long while now. In actual fact, you're opposed by multiple people.

Fuck off. Degenerates are those that embrace vice or makes virtues out of vices. Virtue will always be virtue, vice will always be vice, and if you get into it you will understand why. Every vice is some kind of weakness, some kind of failing in the decision making process. Every virtue is strength, an optimization of the decision making process such that the individual's power increases all the time.

He is right and you're wrong. t. second observer in this thread watching this shit-show

Fuck off, degenerates are the ones who disagree with my way of life.

Listen son, I'm a degenerate, and I don't like you denying degeneracy out of existence. If we had to listen to you degeneracy denialists, then nothing is degenerate. How am I supposed to shock people and mess with them if nothing is degenerate anymore?

Fuck off degenerate.

There's nothing degenerate about having a 9 year old waifu, silly.

Aw shit he gave up. The butthurt "reee stop calling me degenerate even though I'm a degenerate" user has given up.

Guess he couldn't handle being a degenerate.

>An actual good argument on Holla Forums
I'm surprised, and you are right, you get to trigger homos, whores, traps and druggies just by calling out their detrimental actions, Like this cuck

But you're a degenerate, user

lol degenhurt

Nope, keep trying.

This kill the degenerate, seriously, trolls still cant beat this.

The Pure > The Degenerate > The Degenerates In Denial

fucking lol

The line you retards have painted is so thin, no one can actually walk it, save for American white trash. And I would hardly hold bible belt christfags with grade 8 educations up as paragons of humanity. I mean you people are as dumb as the niggers without the excuse that you're black: it's fucking embarrassing.

This. Alt-right is just another group in a series of retarded groups who want to force an authoritarian regime on a free country. Never forget: commie or nazi, they have to go.

You are really delusional, go to Russia and tell any math guy that christianity is for retards, Usa is well knowed for retards and yurop is the living proof of why degeneracy is bad.

Btw, if you are hardcore fedora tipper just check this:

stormfags swarming /new/ and not staying on their containmentboard Holla Forums either