Alien Covenant Full Spoilers

For some reason the movie premiered early in my country, I know some YouTubers already made reviews and all but I just wonder why "officially" premiering on the 19th since it was premiered on the 12th for me.

Anyway, here comes the spoilers for anyone interested, anything else just ask while the memories are still fresh (I watched it last night.)

Is it Louis CK approved?

cam version link or stfu

Oh, never occured to me, but it was dubbed anyway.

yup sounds like shit

cant wait for 6 more to be made

The film premiered like a week ago, fuck are you on about? Plot spoilers are just about any site you care to name

The film is excellent, OP just makes it sound like shit. And there is actually five films planned as part of two trilogies, Alien Covenant being the first film in the current trilogy.

I was puzzled because it was announced on the 12th but people kept saying it was on the 19th, so yeah, I still don't get it.

I think is at least 2 more to go, but right now Covenant retcons the shit out of almost everything else, no wonder Alien 5 was cancelled, it didn't leave too many unanswered questions, on the other hand I think it really derails David a lot.

Man, Ridley Scott is such a little shit. I bet he was worried that a more competent director was going to take his precious little idea and do it better than he can.

Also, what is it with Ridley Scott and adding BLACKED scenes to Alien movies now? Shit adds nothing to the story and just turns me off from seeing it. First in Prometheus it's explicitly implied, then it's shown for a couple of seconds in Covenant, what's next a 10 minute BLACKED scene? Is he trying his hand to making cuck smut?

Blacked how? you mean black dude on chick pairing or you mean too dark to see anything? the later is everywhere, I wanted to see David's experiments more clearly, if anything I think the movie would have been way better with David giving more exposition alongside his drawings and all.

I get the joke, but that's not what I meant.

I sincerely didn't.

I wanted a whole movie of David's experiments and his lab. Would've been better than what we got I think.

Exactly, hell, 1/3 of the movie being a flashback would have been way better, or even half of it, less "action", more alien stalking and more of David's descent into madness, because honestly it just happens and we are supposed to think he was like that all along since he met Wayland.

ayy lmao
also, it's another sci-fi slasher flick because every goony film critic shat their pants hard over Prometheus

Old school Scott, he wouldn't be able to even hold a candle, but current year Scott? He fucking blows, and he's progressively becoming the next big BLACKED director.

I was certainly skeptic about Alien 5 but I had my hopes because it was going to take Alien 3 and beyond out of his canon and continue the story of Hicks, Ripley and Newt somehow.

Also, I came up with some handwaves, notice how the neomorph resembles the murals on Prometheus way more than the classic xenomorph? I was trying to convince myself that neomorphs were the original vision of the engineer's plan, somehow backed up by the neomorph's "curiosity" and intelligence displays with David.

Someone on a YT review pointed this out in the comments.

1. There is a ship full off over 2000 sleeping passengers. Yet they have one, just one android to look after it all. Why not have 3, 10 or even 20 androids! They don't age, and surely should one fail, you need a backup! Piloting an entire ship usually takes more than one person!

2. A rogue solar flare hits the ship disabling it. It goes unexplained. Combine that with the random stray video signal, and M-class planet that appears out of nowhere, you scream "It's a trap!" If anything, it would appear some sort of attack.

3. An astronaut outside the ship picks up a stray signal through his helmets two-way radio, that somehow appears in visual form on the glass of his helmet? Yet the giant ship with the radio dish right next to him misses it!

4. That stray signal apparently happens to be a song in English. Yet who transmitted it? How did you determine the artist from the white noise? What they found on the planet later no-way explains why they sent a song into space for no apparent reason!

5. They are able to trace a stray video signal to a planet two weeks away at star-ship speed. Where do I begin to show how stupid this is?

6. They don't want to go back to sleep, so they go off exploring. Fine, but then you don't need to send almost the ENTIRE crew down to an alien planet! A scout team of four would have sufficed. Or maybe just the android on recognizance.

7. They pilot the drop ship through a plasma storm, yet it is sunlight clear within seeing distance. Why not fly around the storm?

8. Its clear intelligent alien life was on this planet. It sent radio signals out, there are buildings everywhere and a city, even a spacecraft. All of which could have been scouted from the ship while it flew around first. Scouting your environment first is rule 1 in any explorers handbook.

9. They land in the water, even though solid ground is just ten metres away. The water of an alien planet with unknown worms, piranhas and other possible alien lifeforms in it. Unstable ground is not wise to land on, and then to get your shoes wet why?

10. And they open the bay door while still trying to land, not after. Surely you open the door after landing, not during.

11. They open the doors without testing to see if the air was breathable. They don't bother wearing space suits, they don't send the android out first to test the area, they don't even bother to take down one of the truck that they clearly have at the end of the film.

12. They leave just one person on the ship, and leave the bay door wide open in unfamiliar terrain.

13. There is human vegetation (wheat) on the planet. Why? Did they just take seeds with them for the fun of it? What was the point of it?

14. The guy goes for a smoke when he is on protection duty of an alien planet. Astronauts are unlikely to be smoking, cigarettes are unlikely to still exist and he is unlikely to have carried them on this mission. But they do say "smoking kills"…

15. You do not let an infected person with an alien disease back on your ship. He should have been left outside.

16. Don't open the door to a quarantine lab with a monster in it, and don't go inside and slip on the blood.

17. When you miss the alien and shoot the wall of your shuttle with metal bullets, they usually ricochet and bounce around since the wall is metal, designed for interplanetary travel. The fuel canisters are not usually left inside the ship, on the wall next to the door.

18. Why was there a Quarantine bay on a shuttle?

19. When following an android on an alien planet with a flare gun, through a dead city full of dead bodies, don't bother asking him about any of it. Or suspect him as the only survivor to have been the cause. And don't show any emotion whatsoever of walking through a mass graveyard.

20. Androids kissing each other. Android David raping a woman. Why?

21. The android David decides to give himself a haircut, using garden sheers for no obvious reason. No-one asks him why and his haircut is a perfect match for the other android which was clearly done with an electric razor. He could not possibly have matched hairstyles with a pair of sheers!

22. Android robots can play the flute. You need lungs for that, to blow air. Would someone look up the definition of android please!

23. Android David created the dust mites, the mutant embryo, a dozen eggs without a queen. Yet he made all this without any scientific equipment, zero tools, while living in a cave filled with his drawings and a flute. Yeah right.

24. To create the perfect alien life form, the smart mini dust mites were perfection. An un-killable micro monster that kills within minutes. Logically, why would it evolve to a size that makes it vulnerable?

25. Don't all split up in an alien vessel, while being hunted by killers. Stay together!

26. When you contact the main ship in orbit, give them a full report. Not just two words. And they should have abandoned you at that point to protect the rest of the passengers.

27. When the Captain finds David, talking to an Alien, and the decapitated head of a fellow crewmember in the water, he doesn't start shooting him. Instead he follows him into the bowels of the ship and into a room full of eggs. And still doesn't start blowing stuff up!

28. Do not look directly into an alien egg that is opening.

29. Apparently the gestation time of face alien impregnating a person to full alien form is just ten seconds now. Yet later on it takes a few hours, and in Alien it took a day.

30. When Walter goes to confront David after being attacked, he should have got himself one of the guns. He was missing a hand, and about to fight another android on his home turf. How stupid do you have to be to pick a fight like that without a weapon to hand?

31. Do not fly a colony ship with over 2000 passengers on-board into a plasma storm, overwriting every safety protocol.

32. When you fly down in the loading platform ship, ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FLY BACK UP. There is no reason the pilot was swinging the ship around like a mad man. The alien was not affecting its movement, and the storm had even subsided. Just because a crane moved slightly?

33. What's the point of having guns? They all shot the aliens several times and bullets just seemingly bounced off its head.

34. With an infected person still in sickbay and problems piling up, you don't turn of "Mother" the main ship computer for rebooting.

35. The aliens head-butt walls and head-butt through glass at every opportunity, without any harm to themselves. The glass on a star ship is as hard as metal, it had survived travel through a plasma storm! Yet a head-butt breaks it and the alien doesn't feel a thing!

36. The humans wear spacesuits to survive in the vacuum. They have to protect themselves from decompression. But apparently aliens can survive without them.

37. Almost all the crew are dead. We have an injured infected man in sickbay. Yet now is the perfect time for the last two crewmembers to take a very loud shower with FOUR nozzels on, with music on loud, and still not hear the siren alarms.

38. When you have two identical looking androids and one of them is evil. Perhaps ask it a few basic security questions before giving it full command of the ship.

This one is shit. Aliens don't breathe and are encased in silicon based chitin. YES they can survive in a vacuum.

Yep, I guess he/she was tilted by that point.

So this movie makes less sense than Prometheus. I guess Lindelof is vindicated.

No, Lindelof still sucks, this was just a different kind of shitty writing.

Practically nothing good teased.

33. What's the point of having guns? They all shot the aliens several times and bullets just seemingly bounced off its head.

Now THIS one is actually inexcusable. The alien chitin is resistant to a whole lot of things. Scratching, cutting, piercing, bludgeoning, extreme temperatures, high pressure, low pressure, even small calibers. Mostly things it would have to deal with in nature but shooting it WILL kill it. Ridley himself made that pretty clear on the FIRST movie. Did he forget it? Is he such an old fart now that he forgot he said he didn't want the alien to be bullet proof like in a typical monster film?

Mind you, the neomorphs seemed more fragile and they resisted bullets in the open.

Maybe in the grim darkness of the far future civilians aren't allowed to have real bullets for their guns.

But as far as we know the grim darkness comes years later during the original Alien film, remember, in Prometheus everything is neat and clean, in Covenant is getting darker but still, since the lighting was not ideal when the neomorphs attacked even then I can't believe they miss their shots at close range.

Honestly I wish they had included fifty minutes of people waiting while the scouting occurs, just so this type of faggot whining would stop when you realize the movie is unwatchable and all this checkbox checking was useless.

Honestly, in Prometheus the crew looked stupid when taking off the helmets, but an interesting fact, the viral sites of Weyland Industries specified how their suits were able to detect even the smallest particles in the air, which would have literally prevented those neomorph infections.

So what happens in Covenant? no space suits whatsoever.

So is the scene when the Xenomorph appears really that goofy?

Ridley is old, give him a break.

It would still be better than any fanservice movie about Hicks and Signorney.

the chest burster Xenomorph stood up and stared at David. It was kind of goofy looking, and was supposed to be symbolic of them recognizing David as their Satanic leader or something.

It was surprising how much less visually impressive this movie was compared to Prometheus, and how much of the original Alien movie's elements were ignored. There wasn't any body-horror or dread of unseen monsters. You see too much of the aliens, and their CGI could've been better.

I still enjoyed it. It's not capeshit, and it's one of the few movie franchises I don't mind seeing sequels to.