Potato chip general /pcg/

Which one should I get, Holla Forums? I usually get kettle chips jalapeno but im super hungover and feel like getting some shit-tier pringles tbh

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24556450
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pringles are shit tier

salt and vinegar are the best and nothing will change my mind

that is exactly what im goin for. too hungover to appreciate a good chip like pic related

Are you out of your fucking mind? You're disgusting. They literally make me want to puke, not to mention the awful breath you have after eating it.

casual detected

no tube. op's ass ain't gonna dildo itself with a bag

Why don't you just go back to eating regular lays you fucking pleb

pringles is not a potato chip. you show anywhere on that can that says potato chip. go ahead i fucking double dare you to show me that. so stfu about how you're so cool because you're hung over and want pringles "potato chip"!

It says right on every can in OP's pic: "potato crisps"
bottom right

can you fucking read? i said god damn show me where on the fucking can does the manufacturer call it a potato chip. do it do it right now mother fucker. you can't! because even the people that make them admit they are NOT POTATO CHIPS! now you go ahead cock mongler and tell me how it's a potato chip. tell me why if it were a chip they'd call it a fucking crisp. you're pathetically stupid and should kys.

ruffles and lays are pretty good

regardless, they are made by processing a bunch of ingredients together to make the shape of a potato chip. They aren't slices of potatoes, like normal chips. That's probably why they call them "crisps" instead of chips.

these pringles potato chips are fuggin great, user. got sour cream n onion

sour cream n onion is fucking disgusting salt and vinegar is the way to go

pringles are less than 50% potato! they're made from a slurry of rice, wheat, corn, and potato flakes. a potato chip is nearly 100% sliced potato, usually cooked in oil with whatever other shit you want on it like salt, barbeque flavoring, jalapeno oil, etc.

have you ever tried these? They are for royalty only.

nice digits but you are 100% out of your mind tbh
sour cream n onion is good
pic related is your typical salt n vinegar consumer

checked

it's not a chip plebe. get educated.

shutup nigger pringles are the patrician potato chip

marketing thread

I haven't since there aren't many places to get chips for a cheap price other than a gas station and a walmart around here but they look good

I do eat fruits and vegetables but I just eat chips along with them you retard not everyone is a fat fuck like you

relax, you are responding to the worst type of user. one who LARPS as a healthy person. nothing worse tbh

wtf is this thread

do you want to build a strawman?

potato chip appreciation thread

Sour cream and onion

i remember when i like 10 i had the same argument with my dad, i said it was a chip and he said i was wrong. i argued like a little bitch yelling about how it was a chip because i was stupid kid and just wanted to be right, just like you right now. he was having none of it and eventually beat the fuck out of me for yelling at him when it was obvious i was wrong and just arguing to argue. years later i admitted to myself he was right and that it's not a chip and i deserved a beat down for arguing like that a child. that's how you are acting now, like a little petulant child. grow the fuck up. you know it's not a chip yet you have the emotional capacity of a 10 year old crying and whining trying to win an argument you know you are wrong about. grow up faggot.

honey mustard sounds awesome

didnt read lol
pringles are best potato chip on a day like today

This tbh fam

alright fair enough

I got you some "cheese" user.

pic related is what i eat

Do you put that on your "chips"?

he shoves it up his ass and fills his rectum with his precious "cheese" then gets his dog to lick it out.

if I'm eating nachos yea

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY, SPICK

because he knows i'm right. poor guy. the best he can do is keep saying "it a c-c-chippp" when he knows he's wrong.

What do you call the mental deficiency this user seems to have? Seems more specific than autism

Bernie supporter.

He has a cock stuck up his ass also this is synonymous with>>7404917

why would you eat chips at all?

Because they taste good

go and stay go pls

Sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, or lightly salted.

wrong dumbfuck asshole. thick cut with sea salt

Lightly salted Pringles are great.

t. Fatty

Nothing in this world would matter if people didn't have shit to get frustrated over. You've just given me a reason to get mad. How dumb can you be, nigga? This is the internet. Potato chips are the Gods of snacks to our kind. It began with potato chips. You can argue candy, maybe, but not even Hot Pockets or microwavable dinners and snacks, or jerky and nuts or whatever, has anything on the almighty potato-based snacks. Do you understand now that you've read this? It's a crucial difference that needs to be identified. user is not mad because user mistakes it for a chip, but because user is an user, and does not know the difference between something so simple that should be known to us all and has continued to disregard the elder user's wisdom.
And don't mistake this argument with the chip and french fry debate. That's a whole other story. If we just went around calling things whatever we wanted, tossing culture and linguistics to the side, we would be playing just as much a role in destroying the human language as these phone posting plebs are with their unnecessarily abbreviated words and shortened phrases and words with their emojis and blatant disregard for spelling and sentence structure. We might stray from the lines here and there, but we communicate on all levels because all levels of people are what makes us who we are and where we come from.

Wise up, son.

maniga

yes i agree he makes good sense

We don't like your kind 'round here.

Best pchip tbh

Seriously? This thread is about potato chip?

fuck you salt and vinegar is the supreme flavor of chips around the world

it's about butthurt salt and vinegar haters

except there are people here that don't even know what a potato chip is! wrap your mind around that!

what, would you rather have another pedonigger thread? gtfo tbh

Are you for real tbh?

what a bunch of gays

*butthurt salt and vinegar lovers

What a retard I bet you only eat cheeto's you nigger

behold, the potato chip overlord

that could be true for people that dunt have taste buds. sure

Wew lad

Shut up motherfucker salt and vinegar is the best and no amount of complaining will change that fact

Only retards hate salt and vinegar

the thing is you have to eat them bit by bit really? are we gonna need to print instructions on how to eat the fucking chips?

At least I eat real chips unlike the chips you eat

where's the taste of the potato?? the vinegar is always too fucking sour! right? just drink vinegar on the side if you like that taste so much it's literally just about the same thing. you don't taste potato in your potato chips when they're soured by vinegar. you could cover rice cakes in vinegar and salt and it would taste exactly the same!

fuck you, you just don't know the appeal because you are too retarded to eat chips correctly pic related is you

The Flavor Mill - guilty pleasure
Cape Cod - snacking general
Ruffles - partying
Doritos - gaming

What makes a good potato chip is not only design, but stability. Sometimes a lightweight crispy chip is better at soaking up a bunch of oils and giving you more chips per bag basis, but the thicker ones can sometimes be eaten as one instead of a hand full - and does the chip crack all over the place leaving crumbs everywhere? Can it dip with the best of the sauces from runny/liquidy dips to salsa and then hummus or hardening cheese dips that were melted? Is the flavor overpowering, allowing you to only eat so many or is the flavor just enough for you to control your intake? And that's not, personally, nearly as important as the chip's coating of flavor, and that flavor's habit to stick to your fingers. And how loud are the chips when you crunch? Of course, a lot of the balance that makes a good chip is what it is complemented with, such as the sauce, but lest we forget the chips can also go wonderfully matched with a burger or sammich. I find Lays go well with sammiches, and only regular flavors, nothing too out of this world yet, I'm just not ready.
By the way I love salt and vinegar. Grew up choosing it as my favorite with the money mommy gave me for the gas station snack every now and again. Sour Cream and Onion is more of a dipping chip, goes great with parties or as a chip you bring to a get together when you can't afford a decreasing in size bag of overpriced Doritos that everyone is going to nab in a matter of seconds. They're both great at snacking on though, form each perspective. There's a balance somewhere, that's for sure.

You fucking queer
Doritos is a corn chip

Doritos suck

just what you would expect from a salt and vinegar hating nigger

I'm sure they do. He qas discussing potato chips and tried to slip that mexiqueef cornchip brand in there. This thread is riddled with border jockeys.

i mean fuckers in here make me think of the way nothing simple is good anymore like it's some pathetic effort to be edgy or hip. take iced tea. there used to be a day you could go to a confirmed convenience store and buy plain black iced tea. maybe with sugar if that's your thing. ok that's great. it's water, tea, sugar. simple and beautiful. but then some insecure faggot decides one day they can't be like everyone else. they must be different. so green tea shows up. ok, i can still get my unsweetened black tea so i'm fine. then peach tea comes along, and 50000 other stupid variants. now when i go to a convenience store to get unsweetened black iced tea, it doesn't exist because all the shelf space is taken up by ridiculous crap!!! this trend has taken over everything in western capitalist consumer slave countries. pop tarts? well there was cherry, strawberry, blueberry. pic related what you see now. it's fucking insanity and it has to be stopped!!!

and don't get me started on pizza. fucking cheeseburger pizza shit tier garbage! i bet many of you sperglords have once in your life eaten a cheeseburger pizza from papa aids. fuck you!!!

i only eat thin crust pizza at italian restaurants, fuck you

You literally eat food flavored by vingar.

I eat sausage pizza from pizza hut or dominoes

then i salute you. we need more like us in the world. i want to purge it of people like those that order cheeseburger pizzas. i guarantee the world wide quality of life world increase tenfold if i could do it

I'm sorry.

Nowww hooooold up. I agree on some level. It is out-of-control consumerism and mass production, unregulated business yadda yadda.
But there is ample room for reasonable variety next to your originals such as black iced tea and green tea. I can't stand all the competitive companies trying to give you the next best thing and original companies knocking off some of the greatest things they never knew they made just to compete with a bunch of nobody companies.
Like the 99cent menu becoming the 1$ menu, one cent just to give you more and more crazy shit all the hwile reducing or eliminating the best just for the sake of greed and competition.

not so much that's why i get aggravated when i want to get simple black tea but instead i'm staring at a wall of everything but that. if i could get my black tea then i would have nothing to complain about. but it's not cool or something so nobody wants to make it or buy it apparently.

I made a cheeseburger out of microwavable pizzas and bacon once, but it was a flop. And I once had a breakfast pizza from Huck's. How do you feel about the flavored crusts and different sauces being substituted for marinara and tomato?

Vinegar is actually a great dipping ingredient for certain bread-dipping dips you might find at a bistro or Italian joint.

Sausage is pretty good as a pizza topping depending on where you get the pizza so most places that aren't the tasteless abominations that is papa johns would be pretty good

i would never ever in my life touch that garbage, but their existence has never impeded me from getting my plain cheese pizza. that's all i ever order or make. food is best when it is made from few simple ingredients and isn't overly fancy in how it is prepared. good italian is like this. few basic rustic ingredients in nearly all their most famous dishes that people all over the world love. i pick on cheeseburger pizza as an example because that's just over the top disgusting, glutinous, and overly complicated. it's a novelty dish that is shit tier.

Just cheese pizza?

almost always. if i make it at home and can buy quality pepperoni then sometimes i'll put on some pepperoni. pepperoni at any large national takeout chain is made with chicken and it smells and tastes like crap. if you have a local place around you that makes quality pizza they may buy the good stuff.

These are surprisingly good.

are you unlikable and pretentious in all areas of life or just about food?

what about sausage pizza

i've had it. it's good. i just like cheese pizza the best. plain cheese pizza beats all.

what can i say that won't elicit a response from you in which you call me a faggot or a liar?

Brush your fucking teeth scumlord. Any potato chips are gonna get stuck in your teeth, molars, and put a gross film over your teeth. The bad breath comes from the potato starch not vinegar. If you just drink water afterwards, swish it around, and dont invade peoples personal spaces and breath directly into their nasal passages you will be alrighg and well able to enjoy some delicious salt and vinegar lays brand chips.

Idk why so much hate towards one of the most popular and enjoyable flavors.

Sour Cream and Onion is the true bad breath chip and pickle obviously which really shouldn't even exist, only in our beautiful, over saturated great United States.

My man, seafood (not anchovies) goes great with pizza. And mushroom, pepperoni, and jalapenos are the triad of perfect pizza ingredients. But the question I have to know is who makes the best cheese pizza?

russians make the best cheese pizza in my opinion

Yeeeeeeaaah buddy. America rules nigga. Just ignore the fucking feminists, minorities/illegals, beta faggots.

The fuck? Are you in New York or something like a world traveler?

Maybe there is a locally owned store that is owned by russians that sells pizza ya big dummy

sk ignore all of america then?

he was clearly referencing pedoshit you fuckin morans
ignore him

Hey user we are discussing food right now even if he was refrencing pedoshit we will still talk about the credibility of Russian pizza and if it is better than italian which it probably isn't tbh

Behold, the best flavor

canadians love the shit out of pic related i honestly dont know why

THE ESSENTIAL POTATO CHIP OF BALTIMORE

FORGOT PIC TBH

Get on my level, plebs.

sunchips are great i completely fucking forgot they existed tbh

those are okay but don't have much flavor variety but I do enjoy them

How'd you forget about those tasty little bastards?

I think they have tons of flavor. It's why I like them.

But my curiosity is honestly peaked. I bet Russians make great cheese pizza. I already know they make great cheesy pizza.
The Tsar Pizza - fondue stuffed crust with brie or smoked gouda lightly roasted on top. then we start delving into Russian deep crust. Imagine the possibilities.

imma be honest, i didn't catch that and i feel very silly, but then again, i am getting pretty old

they're corn though. they get put in another category entirely. and if we're talkin about corn chips you can't beat the walking taco sparring Fritos. Doritos are a handicap.

I just want some more good sausage pizza because I got some from pizza hut for dinner and it was good

I just got me some Hot Pockets son, and I haven't had a Hot Pocket in like 6 fucking years, same for mac n' cheese.

I sliced a real potato up thin and put olive oil, seasoning, and salt on it on a plate and microwaved it to make my own potato chips once. It was pretty good but the potato chips stuck to the plate and I had to break them off. How do you make them not stick?

Try an oven, a pan or aluminum foil, and some fucking non stick spray or oil brushed on. You can learn quite a fucking lot from halfchan's /ck/. It's a pretty good board with some decent traffic and content.

you're doing it wrong. Fill up a saucepan with vegetable oil and bring it to a boil, then put it thin potato slices and let them boil for about 15 minutes or longer if you like them crispier.

Or instead of a potato slice you can try a hen

degenerates out

>(((crispier)))

search for microwave potato chips obviously. god damn. they're a thing now. everyone makes them.

you arent the boss of me

Make a fruit/veg thread then

Eeeeexcuuuuuse meeeee

no those are crap.

says one guy

mother fucker i've in control of this thread since it's inception.

are you a salt n' vinegar guy, or a sour cream n' onion guy?

i eat raw potato

i'm the guy red pilling people to the fact that pringles are not potato chips

that may be the case, but if you had to pick a flavor?

potato flavor

you mean salt?

only potato

what makes a chip?

potato

patato

pringles or potato chip?

well anyway this was my response . lays makes a thick cut with sea salt that is good. though one thing i don't think was mentioned in this thread is why not potato chips with actual sour cream and onion dip? not the fake ass flavoring. that's pretty good too.

I don't want none unless it blocks my path

since that's pretty well impossible that's a completely stupid thing to say

Is your brain fried potato?

big potato

I know that feel. I'm having a hard time finding Snapple LEMON tea of all things lately. Of course they have 4-6 slots for the other stupid varieties.

Stay away from the sea salts.

it's been my complaint for years. and what's worse snapple lemon is good stuff. it's like perfect iced tea. i don't drink sugar much anymore but that is one thing i would still drink that has sugar.

I feel the same way. I usually drink unsweetened tea with lemon but Snapple lemon is the only sweetened tea I can tolerate. Just the right balance of sugar.

I concur with all of these statements and opinions

Oregon raspberries go great with these! They come in a can and the taste when paired with these chips is divine!

Anything with added monosodium glutamate for (((flavor))) is a garbage chip. Potato, corn, or otherwise. I hate that shitty imitation umami flavor. You have to be a braindead manchild or ignorant illiterate to actually shovel that garbage down your throat. Here's a study showing evidence that monosodium glutamate is bad for your mental health, which is a fun little side effect.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24556450

Have you tried kettle pickle flavour or buffalo blue?

Two of my favourite

i only eat sour cream and onion

Runa guayusa tea is great too, especially peach and raspberry.

87mg of natural caffeine and completely organic too.

because this thread made me hungry

yea unsweetened black and lemon pure leaf is hit or miss near me but thankfully there are enough places that do have it. because people are turning on sugar it'll probably get more popular.

I've never seen the unsweetened with lemon sold in a bottle near me, and it's strange because you can order it in any restaurant.

Agreed

this is the brand i'm talking about. they make a sweetened lemon and unsweetened lemon. i make my own all the time at home but i work overnight shifts and buy about 6 bottles for each night i do that.

pic

I know Pure Leaf, and I've seen the unsweetened black but never the unsweetened with lemon. I had to look it up to make sure it was a real thing. I've been in many stores and never seen that variety. Consider yourself lucky!

Patrician taste

go to aldis and grab some stackerz. fucking $1 for the same size as a can of pringles and theyre better

i only buy pure leaf when i'm traveling for work. usually i get some bottles at a convenience store, since that is more convenient and along my normal route. the grocery store by my house has the large bottles of pure leaf and when i remember to do it i buy a big bottle for my overnight shift from the grocery store. ok?

Nigga that ain't even the best pure leaf product
Try their fancy shit, its brutal on the wallet but its the best goddamn tea ever
their tea house collection is the fucking bomb
Pic related, its their best one from it imho

that has sugar or some other sweetener. i don't that shit.

a lot of █ blocking potato based snacks have based sugars user, what's wrong with a little suga

nothing is wrong with a little. but if you eat it everyday it's very bad for you.

i seriously hope you are trolling
pure leaf isn't tea, its just pepsico taking the sweepings and filth from their factory floor, adding in >1% powdered tea leaves, adding 9001 artifical flavors and coloring agents, calling it "premium tea" and selling it to idiots like you for $5 a bottle

Idk how anyone is scammed into buying bottled tea when you can make iced tea at home for pennies on the gallon.

Umaru why did you start a shitty thread??.

i make iced tea for home consumption every day. i drink a ton of it.

But a lot of foods have natural sugars, complex carbs; what do?

Buy whatever is cheapest and learn to love it.