Why don't you use an ergonomic keyboard?

Why don't you use an ergonomic keyboard?

It's 2017. Shouldn't we just be using touch screens now? Ergonomic keyboards have had a good run, but they're from a different era.

shit thread

I'm sure they make sense, but they just look like a something a special-needs person would use for a severe impairment.

i have one, but use a Unicomp instead. nothing wrong with the kinesis and it only takes a few minutes to get used to but i prefer buckling springs.

That does not look ergonomic.

I've been looking at a few, the kinesis advantage, the ergodox and one or two others. i would love to try but it's rough not being able to demo the design before dropping 200-350$.

Because I have an IBM model M and I like buckling spring better than anything else.

The placement of enter, space and backspace are fucking terrible. How are you even supposed to hit those without lifting your hands?

with your thumbs.

Because I used one for a couple of years, in the 90s, and it did not make the slightest difference.

Just take regular breaks. And maybe lift some weights, once in a while.

Because they're expensive as fuck. I would love something like this for vidya though. Shame the D-pad is awkwardly rotated 45 degrees.

Steam controller is about as close as we have atm.

Tactile feedback will always be conductive to an overall more accurate and efficient typing experience. People just don't type as well on something that they can't feel. The same reason holographic keyboards would look cool but suck for productivity.

Yeah no. That's a cancerous piece of shit.

Because the oriental jew has caused massive delays in the production of the one I want

My niggas.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yg3s77nAMQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Flk-_8cYxw

Checked. DIY Solutions gives extra epeen points

That's not ergonomic.
I'm guessing OP is suffering from buyer's remorse and decided to shitpost.

No.

I've been using a Kinesis Classic since around 1999. It's actually the only hardware I have left from that period. I ended up taping a touchpad in the center spot, and threw away my mouse.

haha benis