1st and Main Thread

Three Simpsons writers spent so much time at Starbucks, Starbucks ended up giving them a web series.

youtu.be/i8O1XqVop2o

It's got Tress MacNeille and starts this Friday.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9CB8zyiZttg
youtu.be/-KOohzZfoss
youtu.be/pYl88Mw7GWE
youtu.be/RWeBYd6Ex-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks dull

The corporate shilling is less cancerous than the thought of giving the people who write the Simpsons these days money for it.

so the animation isn't good
the character designs are flat and boring
the backgrounds are flat and boring
… and if there was a joke somewhere in the trailer I couldn't find it.

It makes me wonder, what was their goal? What were they hoping to deliver? Where do they think the entertainment is at in this?

Jesus tap dancing Christ, this is terrible.

How it feels working in a Starbuck.

bravo. I'm sure it's from the Simpson's writers who specifically work on Lisa episodes.

I don't expect much, but it is interesting to see how they will work with a 60 to 90 second time frame. Plus, it's 2d bad 2d but still 2d.

This somehow makes the cartoon seem more soulless than the Starbucks branding does.

I seriously don't know which is more pathetic, including a shameless qualifier in the title or thinking that being a modern Simpsons writer counts as impressive.

Is this supposed to make it better somehow?

Voice acting doesn't come across as that bad, but then again there's only so much you can do with a script.

Why do we allow Anime pics when /a/ bans you for posting cartoon pics?

It's just a reaction image. Come down. /a/ is run by crazy nazis. We don't wanna be like /a/. We're the cool nazis.

So, all of them?

Oh have a standard will ya? Just because it's 2D if it going to drag down 2D animation to the grave faster then it's not fucking cool. Also pointy glasses used to be cool after I watch Chalkzone but it's ruined by feminazi again.

Oh stop being tight arsed cunt. We're discussing about this faggotry abomination but all you care about is ONE FUCKING REACTION IMAGE STOP DERAILING THIS FUCKING THREAD AND GO FUCK A GRANDMA OR SOMETHING YOU TWAT LICKING SORRY EXCUSE OF YER FATHER SPERM.

Fucking tosser

youtu.be/9CB8zyiZttg

It's Meh.

Does Holla Forums go to Starbucks?

I've never been inside a starbucks in my entire life. One time they gave my class frappuchinos in 5th grade, but that's the only time I've ever had starbucks. I don't drink coffee.

Why Starbuck when I can go to a nice cafe near my house and sit on a handmade wooden chair with a view of a well groomed garden.

Starbucks pretty much turned cafe into a fucking hospital. No soul at all.

I don't know why I watched this because it was as soulless and unfunny as I thought it would be.

Is there anything done by former simpsons writers that has actually been good besides futurama and the critic? The only thing i remember writers for this show doing besides those is that horrible "Queer Duck" flash cartoon.

There's this from just last week.

youtu.be/-KOohzZfoss

youtu.be/pYl88Mw7GWE

This is actually kind of funny. Not laugh out loud, but i was chuckling throughout. Many gags reminded me of classic simpsons.

Mission Hill?

I might as well just start make cartoons myself at this point. If tumblr napkin doodles at 4fps can make it in 2016, then whatever horrid shit I put out can't do worse.

I fucking hate coffee shops so much. I swear, they attract only the worst, most contemptible kind of human being. And I've never even been to one, I'm basing this solely off the fact that Internet hipsters seem to be completely obsessed with their shitty coffee shops that they make fanfictions about their favorite bullshit that's literally nothing but hanging out at coffee shops.

I'd rather hang out in a bar, and I don't even drink.

Because /a/ is run by a bunch of oversensitive tap-dancing faggots that delete opinions they dislike.

Not living in US of A or Hipster Central like Portland help improve cafe experience a lot.

No webm? Fuck you OP.

Anyways, looks like shit. Trying to capture the Bojack Horseman + Rick and Morty crowd at the same time while avoiding that their employees are underpaid.

Bland trailer. There's no attempt to show at least one or two scene of their interactions. Also the voice actor sounds so lifeless.

It's an advertisement with a minor, inoffensive plot in the background. It gets people familiar with the names of the drinks or gets them craving them.

Shit nigger, most employees are underpaid.
half of american workers make less than $30,000 a year

Reminds me of tipping culture in American service industry.

I had to rewatch the trailer and I can't find a fucking tip jar. Oh so no tip? Fuck you Starbucks.

It's sad how that old mantra about working hard will make you successful is complete bullshit.

It sounds like Tom Kenny phoning it in

There is a difference between "expecting to get rich" and "expecting to survive" Mister Memelord.

You wouldn't expect to get rich, but you would expect at least being able to live on your own in a mediocre apartment. When you're having to manage two new people, deal with customers, run to the bank and stores with your gas, take stock of everything in the back every morning, make sure the store is presentable at close, hit your preorder goals, get your customer service goals, deal with price changes, and mess with promotional garbage, you would expect a little more than 8 dollars. Of course, if you didn't deal with all of these things you could expect a coaching.

I can't believe I'm taking this bait.
Fuck off, retard.

Are we counting written by or just created by former Simpsons people? Because Dilbert was written by a few Simpsons people and it was pretty good.

Wrong. There's three tiers of Simpsons writer.
The good ones
The horrible ones
The ones who wrote the Lisa episodes

Except of WHAT? Destiny? God?

I think therefore I deserve. Im not saying that Gamestop isn't a nasty job, but so is cleaning shit off the floor and using proper cleaners and making sure thats its not inconvenient to other people.

But nobody talks about how janitors should make.

You sure showed him, /a/
Has anyone else noticed the board quality dropping like a rock and a completely impossible no-way related correlation with an increase in /a/, loli, and waifu anons? I mean let's not point fingers here, but you all need to be shot and killed.

LOL someone actually mad just because of one reaction image and already condemned Holla Forums as unredeemable.

user, do you not understand the concept of a reaction image?

From what I've seen janitors make a decent amount of money (unless they're some paid-under-the-table illegal spic).
Obviously it's nothing mind blowing, but it still beats gaystop manager wages.

Please read what I say instead of falling over yourself to be the first to defend your festering, board-destroying tendencies.

you stupid fuck

The board is working well. If you really hate Holla Forums then why stuck around and raging in every thread? You got triggered over one reaction pic shows how assburger you are.

No. Coffee tastes like dirt, unless you add so much sugar into it to turn it into a disgusting slurry candy.

Where the fuck do you live user?

dubsman, did you even read his post?

Thank you for making my point for me, user. This board is going to falling into an abyss of shit and your ilk needs to be severed, else you drag us down with you.

Not exactly new in cartoons

Funny thing is, we had to clean the store as well, including the bathroom, and my manager was an unkempt woman… I've seen disgusting bloody things.

Plus, I imagine I did quite a lot more than a janitor, not downplaying their job by any means though. I'm sure it's pretty miserable.

Indiana. Fucked up thing is that my story isn't uncommon. My cousin is in a managerial position at his job and has to have our grandparents financial help to live alone in a small apartment.

What happened?

Probably Obama. Lord knows Pence did all he could to salvage our state for 8 years.

About as toothless as you'd expect for something plastered with Starbucks logos

It's the rich businessmen who are pulling this shit because they keep inflating the price of goods so they can increase their own wages. They pay barely any taxes (if at all) and when the idea of paying their employees more comes up (whether or not it's directly by increasing the minimum wage), they kick their feet and cry and threaten to increase prices even more even though they're all goddamn billionaires and their wages have been increasing exponentially for decades while the minimum wage has stayed the same and the middle class is disappearing.

Our economy is fucked and the average person is saddled with debt and cannot survive on $8.25 an hour because rich businessmen are pieces of shit, user.

The only thing politicians have to do with this is that they get bought out by these fucks. And this happens regardless of party.

then that. To be honest I don't actually know much about money or business. I just assumed if you worked hard and saved your money you'd make it… and for what it's worth, I did get promoted twice, but financially I have always been struggling though I barely bought anything and just saved my money.

Now I own 50 dollars to my name and spend my days helping out family members, keeping in shape. and pursuing art. I'm a lot happier, but it leaves my future pretty uncertain.

Corruption is made possible by authority. Don't be confused into thinking that big business is the root. It's merely the weed's biggest watering can. It can grow in a dry field. Not as well, but it will.

But either way the key is to shrink the scope of government authority so that there's less power to be bought.

The authority at this point IS businessmen. Limiting government only lets them run wild. Do you want to end up like China, user? I know they call themselves Communists, but they're a regulation-free paradise where employers put nets around their factories to catch the workers who attempt to jump to their deaths.
Businessmen rule the world and the corrupt politicians allow it. The only thing that can stop them is good politics or all-out revolution. Revolution won't happen and the populace has already forgotten Occupy, and the businessmen are now too strong for politicians to fight against if they tried.
Unless we get another Teddy Roosevelt to fight big business, things are only going to get worse.

Well the script is bland itself, so don't expect miracles from the actors.

Who ever thought that something so lifeless was a good idea needs to take a page from the guys that wrote that KFC comic. Either writing the Simpsons squeezed the life out of these guys, or Starbucks has them by the balls.

They're certainly not allowed to make jokes like this

It's a series sponsored by Starbuck. Kinda obvious right?

youtu.be/RWeBYd6Ex-0

All
Up
In
Your
Mouth

Here's a game: Try to find a single joke!

Fuckers of Starbucks already knew that the dislike ratio of their shitty flash toons would be abysmal. Pathetic.

The Starbuckos don't have the balls to activate the likedislike buttons. On the other thread the Emoji movie folks actually ballsy enough to keep the likedislike button active.

What's their like/dislike ratio?

Starbucks doesnt serve coffee. It serves shit drinks with more sugar than coffee, and with the weirdest and shittiest mixes possible.

How the fuck did Starbuck become a giant? How people are able to like it?

5000 Likes, 27,000 dislikes. Also the counter still active. Either they don't give a fuck or they planned to make this movie as a tax write off.

A lot of people are actually can't deal with coffee well. Starbuck offered the watered down version so they can pretend to enjoy it. Give them an actual Robusta and see how well they can handle it.

Actually the main trailer on Sony's channel has the like/dislike bar along with comments completely disabled.

Well Sony, it's confirmed yer a big cowardly faggot

They probably got so many dislikes that they couldn't handle it. Whoever's working on this movie has their head on the chopping block.

He must have been talking about the video on the SonyAnimation channel

They are still in delusional stage. The first one to go is the guy who make this trailer. When the movie flopped the entire staffers going to let go.

OP wants off this ride. I'm through.

Corporate's gonna be pissed they wasted all that without getting any money from it.

They going to put this as tax write off and getting a huge cut from IRS. Win win for them, lose lose to us.

Fucking cat has a man bun
Fuck this already
If I wanted to see pretentious youth I'd take a walk

Its not like this show was any good

Well the Simpsons is nothing more than a soulless husk.

Americans like sweet milky coffee for all the bluster about taking it black.

Does this series have any good characters?

There's no good anything in this shit.

It boggles me mind they keep making these. They are universally despised, what compels them to continue doing it, and what compels them to write her as the single worst character in the show's history? In her episodes she's worse than "Real" Skinner.

I'm Cathy. I'm just chillin.

JUST

There's maybe one pro amongst all the cons in this shitshow.
That dog is a qt.

I've gone to Starbucks twice. Both times were alright, but cost way more than they should

I thought that too. They definitely reach for the Bojack crowd while trying to maintain a peachy clean E for Everyone rating, and deal with the 75 second window

Dog is tired