Hi there. I'm new to Arduino, and I just managed to make the blinking LED sketch work

Hi there. I'm new to Arduino, and I just managed to make the blinking LED sketch work...

(oh snap, the Mega65/Vic20 thread disappeared..)

Other urls found in this thread:

jaycar.com.au/sd-card-breakout-board-for-arduino/p/XC4598)..
hackaday.io/project/5789-6502-homebrew-computer/log/26703-sd-card-interface),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More pics from the project...

Did you do the knight rider LED blink yet?
When I tinkered around with my microcontroller board I did it once.

Don't forget to dim the lights first and put on the theme from knight rider.

It's called a Larson Scanner..

You're caught in a one-way time-travel back to 1983; how fucked are you?

Olimex 8x8 LED display...

Am I the only one who fantasized about going back in time with Linux and FreeBSD? Imagine an additional 34 years of research put into that.

Plan 9 / Inferno are first steps in that direction. I guess you could make a case for MINIX 3 too.

nope, don't do this.
do this

Imagine the world without x86/PC bullshit.
Picture related.

my dick is diamonds

There's fuck-all discoveries in Operating Systems since the 1980s; what has been found are hard algorithms that you won't find in a kernel.

Happened recently with my scooter...

Plan9/Inferno were dead-ends of no scientific worth. Minix3's "self healing" concept is 1980s-old.

And yet they're all more advanced than Linux, where most of the focus is on trying to copy Windows desktop crapola.

lol, that's the famous "too ignorant to last in 4chan/g/ so I came to Holla Forums/tech/"

Minix's modular microkernel... is an idea from the 1970s. Its SMP support only happened in 2010, and it's a bolted-on bag as much as Mach's SMP support was.

Plan9/Inferno/V10/blah... "Linux is 1977 Technology... Plan9 is 1980 technology."

Mr 1983 CompSci Professor won't get excited over it.

Mr 1989 CompSci Professor will be too busy writing a new OS in Modula3.

HNNNNG

Now show us on the board where Plan 9 and MINIX 3 touched you in a bad way.

# mount /dev/fd0p0 /usr/src# cd /usr/src# make world

The 6522IDE interface that I made (photo #3) ...was a bit of a project, and I always had in mind to do a "Masses not the Classes" version that is a lot easier for other people to make themselves... using an SD Card breakout board with 3.3v/5v level converters (like jaycar.com.au/sd-card-breakout-board-for-arduino/p/XC4598)..

Yeah, there's projects online waiting for your paypal like the SD2IEC variants, but this gives you more Hackā„¢.

My VIC20 is set up with an RS232 bootloader that uses the User Port, however an SD Card interface only needs 4 GPIO pins, and the 'serial port' has enough spare.

Googling around, I found that someone already had posted /usable/ 6502 code for bit-banging the SPI protocol for SD Cards (hackaday.io/project/5789-6502-homebrew-computer/log/26703-sd-card-interface), so I cut and pasted and raped his code to make it work on the VIC.

Dumping more of the build photos for the Arduino Shield Adapter.

It's two 65C21 (6821 clone) parallel I/O ICs, a 74LS04 inverter for chip selection logic, and a 555 as a delayed-trigger timer-- I found an issue on the VIC20 where the power-up RAM test code was seeing the I/O registers and trying to configure the system with those as the bootm of RAM... My hack was to use the 555 to only enable the 65C21s ~5 seconds after power-up.

The '21 has three CS signals: CS0, CS1, and /CS2. I have A2 of the address bus choose which of the 65C21 is being addressed (A0 and A1 select registers), and /CS2 is wired to /RAM3 of the expansion port. So the memory addressing for the ICs is:
$0C00-0C03 -- 65C21 #1"$0C04-0C07 -- 65C21 #2" (..and repeated over and over through to $0FFF)

CS1 was just wired to Vcc, but with the 555, it's held at 0v-- and the 65C21 are disabled-- until the 555 timer changes it to 5v after 5 seconds of the system being on.

Now got the SD card code working on a C64...