Start Celebrating

CAN YOU GUESS WHO IS IN THE CANCELLATION ZONE?

94 All New X-Men 15 $3.99 Marvel 31,668
101 Spider-Gwen 14 $3.99 Marvel 28,906
115 Ms Marvel 13 $3.99 Marvel 23,621
132 Captain Marvel 10 $4.99 Marvel 19,893
170 Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 14 $3.99 Marvel 12,933

>>comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-11.html

2016 BEST YEAR EVER

It was cancelled before and Marvel was stupid enough to bring it back.

Yeah, it really isn't about money with these people. They are basically cultists willing to take the entire ship down for the message than make money. I imagine Disney would have to be the ones who cared about money, saw how poorly their comic division of marvel was doing, and completely wipe them clean before they would ever come back from what they have done.

Wasn't the cancelation point supposed to be 20,000? Since when it became 15,000?

Didn't it used to be where less than 100,000 books sold would mean cancellation?

Standards have fallen.

When Marvel realized that not lowering the number meant only Spider-Man, Avengers and the annual Mega-Event series would be their only remaining comics.

I think you need to reevaluate what "best" even means. Squirrel Gril has been in the cancellation zone for months.

I'm sure the editor thought bringing Squirrel Girl back was going to create a huge internet buzz, thus more sales(these companies are slaves to the short-term sale). That didn't happen, but I assume the cost of producing the book is so low that they can afford to keep around, especially when TPBs are selling.

If that was even remotely true, they all would've jumped ship when Ike Perlmutter donated to Trump. No, they do care about making money, that's why they hire cheap twitter hipsters who get paid in triple-action webshooters.

Why?

Because like most of the leftist shits, they like to talk a big game but not do it when the time comes. Perlmutter is an intimidating guy from what I hear and the lot of them saying 'IM GONNA TALK TO HIM PERSONALLY ABOUT IT' probably tried to walk into his office, one stare from him and they sulked back out.

I think with the HUGE failing across the board of almost everything Marvel Comics based High Lord Mickey will dictate some heads to roll or some lines to be cut, I can only wonder what will happen next.

Still, it's nice to see these numbers are so fucking low, people aren't stupid enough to buy them and if anyone is paying attention useless pandering will get you NOWHERE>

So you're full of shit.

And thus, the unfuckening of media began.

Squirrel Girl sales according to Comic Chron:

As you can see, for some reason Squirrel Girl gets some fairly consistent numbers, so I really doubt Marvel is panicking about this minor drop in sales, especially when books like Hellcat are doing much, much worse (Hellcat only sold 9,181 copies in November).

Honestly, at this point I don't think cancellation threshold is even relevant anymore. It seems mainstream publishers are more willing tolerate low numbers in exchange for digital/TPB sales.

It was never cancelled. It was relaunched and renumbered along with almost every other ongoing after Secret Wars. Why does everybody forget this?

If it hasn't been canned by now, it's clearly being sold at a loss for some unknown reason.

That might never happen. Supposedly, Disney management prefers to keep a hands-off approach with companies under its umbrella. Aside from taking Marvel Studios directly out of Perlmutter's oversight, they haven't really done anything else.

I thought Marvel SJW comics get a pass to 8,000?

You know exactly what's going on, or is their fervor for marxist politics but a mere coincidence.

One butt-ugly title with a shaky hold on its ratings isn't gonna float a sinking Titanic, m8.

If suits from Disney will start getting more involved they will probably force Marvel to emulate films and TV series, since they sell very well.

Good thing Marvel isn't depending on it. It's just cheap trash to soak up dollars.

Despite what we've been hearing, Marvel seems to be doing pretty well actually. They're not not even close to how bad DC was after Convergence. Then again, they've released a ton #1's last month and that always inflates the numbers.

Suits don't give a shit about the comics man. Like the fanboys, their only investment is in the characters. The medium itself can go to the dogs for all they care. It's an incredibly niche market, soon to get even smaller since a lot of comics shops are projected to close in 2017.

According to store owners Marvel shipped A LOT of free books this month and Diamond goes off of copies shipped not necessarily copies purchased.

One store got 150% of their order, there's a thread on it I think, but I'm a lazy shit.

Yeah, Marvel's inflating their numbers by giving away free shit. That's a nice slap in the face to remind me that the Direct Market is built on shenanigans.