The future of Holla Forums

>I could've just bought a blender or a bottle of juice for

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=74k_WuxnnZA
youtube.com/watch?v=tBqfUu89Fx8
bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-19/silicon-valley-s-400-juicer-may-be-feeling-the-squeeze
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP/IP_stack_fingerprinting
lcamtuf.coredump.cx/p0f3/
youtube.com/watch?v=1rEkowig7-M
archive.fo/UP5Rw
youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA
youtube.com/watch?v=sEh3ysqzH8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

iot devices are going to be the end of hunmanity.

This is what happens when you let women out of the kitchen.

Excuse me, but when you say librejuicer, you are actually referring to gnu/librejuicer. You are free to make any food you want with gnu/librejuicer, but you have to reveal the recipe for all constitute products making them libre. Free as in freedom, not necessarily free as in beer.

its not actually a juicer
you stick big juicero brand capri sun pouches into it and it squeezes them into the cup.
one hundred twenty million dollars investment, user
nuke silicon valley.

This is satire, right? The onion or someone made this, right? I can't tell anymore. I'm scared. Hold me, Holla Forums.

... this is actually a good idea. Imagine if every time you ate food you got a qr code or something that you could scan for that exact recipe? I probably wouldn't even go out to eat if I knew hot to replicate their foods.

The price isnt the downside its the consumables like shitty printers. The pomegrante juice packs cost $8 each and produce only 3oz of juice. You have to pay $32 + shipping for a soda can amount of juice.

Gotta love the appleshit aesthetic.
The universal design symbol of "the product is pointless trash but we'll try and make it look like alien technology to trick retards into buying it"
internet of things is great. lets make appliances with zero reason whatsoever of any kind an internet connection an internet connection, because if we dont sell an illusion of progress people will start to realize their country is sliding into third world status

coming soon to a control4 dealer near you

I've seen some people working on automated chefs. Imagine feeding that QR code to your kitchen robot and having it perfectly replicated.

That would be a strange world indeed.

Oy vey you bigot, diversity is our biggest strength!!!!

Hi leftypol.
>>>Holla Forums1594093

Alternative 'juicer' and you can use your own produce
youtube.com/watch?v=74k_WuxnnZA

I like John Kohler, even if he is a vegan douche. His gardening channel is pretty great.

oh, the horror.

The whole concept of juicer is for hipsters.
Just fucking throw literally anything in a blender, it'll be juice in less than a minute.

wtf Im buying a juicero now
fuck commies!!!

a juicer filters the pulp out, but you can achieve the same thing with coffee filters and a strainer. or some kinda cloth.

It's a Chinese knock-off. Kek.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBqfUu89Fx8

What the fuck is this juice bag actually made of?

mind control chemicals and carrot

bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-19/silicon-valley-s-400-juicer-may-be-feeling-the-squeeze

It's sort of like poetry

The juisir one is made of low density polyethylene, so I imagine th juicero is made of the same thing. The juicero packs seem a bit stiffer and opaque, so they may be high density polyethylene instead. Also polyester is a possibility. I could go to the juicero website and check, but if their website is anything like their juicer, it's a bloated wad of fuck.

there's a reason why it's called a "JEW I Cero"

If you really want to make money, make an easy to use, masticating juicer with bare minimal cleanup that takes up no more than 1 ft of counter space in any direction that costs less than $150.

Because that's what a Keurig is for coffee.

I'm not gonna shill the Juicero because it's a badly implemented product. The idea is sound however. The secret behind this specific juicer is that you really are getting 100% juice out of that bag in the form of those shredded fruits and vegetables you see in the video when the bag is cut in half. That's the issue with current juicers out right now. Breville sells a centrifugal juicer that juices fast but inadvertently heats up the fibers and juices due to friction, so it essentially cooks it and you lose nutrients. Omega sells a slow masticating juicer that doesn't do this, and lets you juice very fine things like wheatgrass but the cleanup is horrendous, is incredibly slow, and the machine is $300-$400. Despite the DRM, the best part of the Juicero is that the mess and the veggie processing parts have been completed already by an outside source, so the only thing to do is to extract the juice. This opens up several markets similar to Keurig:

1. Several brands of fruit juice makers, farmers, etc. can take advantage of a standardized delivery method (i.e. The bag) and make their own recipes on juice blends.
2. Customizable bags specific for this type of juicing. Many third party manufacturers sell custom coffee pods for Keurig machines so you can add your own coffee if you don't like or trust the brands in #1. The only problem is that you have to find a way to shred the veggies and fruits yourself without damaging its nutrients, and for that might as well go for the Omega juicers.
3. The juicer itself. Why do you need an IoT juicer that outputs 4 tons of force? SodaStream sells the Fizz which is a non-electrical version of the Source. All you need to do is press down on a lever two to three times in a row to carbonize your water, then add the syrup in later for flavor. The same can be done for this juicer, where you can press the bag in such a machine where it's easier to extract the juice from the bag than by hand. This reduces costs significantly and makes the bag of produce the most important part of all this rather than the machine.

With those three points you've already created a single-serve juicing industry that can compete with Keurig and the like.

So a blender.

No one (who isnt rich) is going to pay $10 - $36 for a glass of juice just because it was freshy squeezed.

INTERNET
OF
SHIT

>nuke silicon valley
>kaczynski.jpg
wanna mail bombs to some tech hegemon's headquarters with me?

No, FBI. You're drunk. Go home to Quantico.

Let's be honest, we all want to, we just can't help but think that everybody else is a shill. That in itself is the effect of shilling. Sad!

Not actually a juicer, a juice press. In isolation, a well designed, robust press mechanism.
'QR' codes are the DRM; they force you to use current ingredients, not put fruit in a bag you cut open.

You can actually make good pressed juice just by crushing the bag, embarrassingly enough.

All things considered it's peak silicon valley delusionism.

Why would you want to filter pulp out? Unless, of course, you want to drink fruit-flavored water. If you want juice, you leave the pulp.

are you retarded or have you just never drank fruit juice in your life somehow
it tastes like the fruit its made of, the flavor isnt stored in the goddamn cellulose.
unless your definition of 'juice' is the pulp, in which case thats called a smoothie.

It's for people who have a proper job, not worthless faggots on chans

weak b8 m8

And how on earth would you squeeze juice out of something like a carrot.

And predictably, a jew is defending another jew.

We truly live in terrific times and I hope I will die an unnatural death before all this happens

A blender shreds the produce way too fast, which heats it up, hence why I didn't mention it.

And people are already buying boxes of single serve pods in the form of K-Cups. You can take a small, cheap bag like those juices from school and just fill it with shredded produce. They already do something similar with those squeeze tube food products and as far as pricing goes Publix sells one brand of apple sauce tubes for $5 for a set of 4. People eat that shit up for the convenience despite its cost.

soylent green coming soon lads, can't wait to know what it taste like.

Holy shit, a juicero shill. You didn't even try to fit those bullet points into conversation. Did you just copy and paste that from Microsoft Word?

Google Glass for the kitchen: only assholes will buy it.

No, I typed it all up through Overchan. And I'm not shilling for Juicero, I'm just pointing out how it can function better at far lower prices. I've been working at Bed Bath and Beyond for so long that I see shit products like this come and go all the time. My point is that there is a market for something (((like))) the Juicero, but the Juicero isn't it. I see people buy dumber shit worth far more than $400, just look up a Jura. Two people bought it at my store just last month.

Don't you see the problem ?

Take an orange and press it manually you have 100% juice.
Take a plastic bag full of dehydrated thing made who knows where and put it in a DRM/datamining/cloud pseudo jooce maker and you have something that looks like juice.

KYS

nigger I don't know what to say

-But they can't control the process of making their product into the bag.
-twelve other competing standards will emerge

aka change the colors and images etc...

step one: take a fruit
step two: press it

for who ?
the people who buy plastic bag all the time instead of taking their fruit ?

It's cancer from top to bottom.
It's botnet DRM and soylent green cancer fused into one idea.

Imagine all the lost jobs. Well, it's probably inevitable. Technology just consumes everything it touches. But people will suffer.

sure
no you don't
you only get 100% if you do it yourself
what are those bags supposed to be?
if the fruits are shredded and dried then you have to use WATER to make a fluid out of it
it's like TEA. FUCKING WATER WITH SOME LEAVES.
do they shred the skin too?
if they do they saved money
also: toxic pesticides on skin
lost if you shred and dry the fruits
100% if you make that juice youself
doesn't know that's what people do with milk, to make it durable, with flesh, to remove bacteria and nearly any other type of food
sure a rotating orange produces kitchen fires
=> don't cook always go to mac donalds
what I'm sayin is that the warmth is pretty low compared to the sun energy an orange needs to grow
normally: clean glas and device
now: clean glas, device and bag
so much less work and more freetime
you mean introducing another standart
normal delivery standart for fruits: whole fruits
people also drank radioactive water because of the green glow (Half pic related; that one probably didn't glow green)

But it's not dehydrated, and I've clearly mentioned before how it doesn't need to be an IoT device for it to work. Likewise you trust all of your food to an outside source the moment you buy it from a farmer or from a supermarket so unless you grow produce or raise farm animals from your backyard and exclusively eat that don't be pedantic.

Why the hell are you drying your fruits for juicing? That's the opposite of what you want. And pasteurization of fruit juice still has you losing nutrients in the juice even if you're getting rid of bacteria in this manner. Furthermore you don't wash the machine and the bag, the machine doesn't need washing and the bag is disposable.

P R O P R I E T A R Y C A R R O T S
R
O
P
R
I
E
T
A
R
Y

C
A
R
R
O
T
S

Not necessarily. Lack of jobs only equals suffering if our political/economic system doesn't keep up with changing technologies. Automation will just move the world into a post-work era.

Then how can it be conserved more than a year in a plastic bad you twat.
Otherwise it needs more conservative than the actual ingested product.

Still need a non free app/software and firmware and I use replicant.
There is no compromise in electronics/software.
It's either you have control and you can verify it or not.

No the trust isn't the same
Between a farmer and a multi-million dollar company there's a difference.
A big one.
If the farmer intentionally put shit in the food of my community I can break his legs and shit will stop.
With a corporation you can't do shit.

But it goes further than just that.
With a farmer or more than one.
I can inspect/analyses myself the installations, the soils the equipment, with a corporation you can't.

It's not even a question of verifying everything myself it's a question of having the possibility of doing so.

To verify the composition of the said product you need special equipment that not everybody does.
And don't let me begin on the software part.

Besides a blender I don't use all these things because I know that it cannot be verified and that I am not a lazy to the point of not spending 10 mins to make my own juice.

My point remains this thing is useless and created more problems that it solves.

Oh, it's the juice version of audiophiles. Do you ever notice how much more juicy you can make it if you use Monster golden-plated blades instead of those common blades the plebs use?

Gold is far too soft and corrosive. True juiciophiles use only Platinum-Tungsten blades with a variable speed juicer at the slowest speed.

That's why in 2052, I'll still be using pic related, a Asko 16004 top loader from the mid 90s.

"Designed to last longer" was their slogan for years, and it's true, the ASEA based/44 liter Asko machines are pretty much indestructible.

While your Miele™ W1 with PowerWash™ and CapDosing™ shits the bed with a cracked drum spider within five years, my 16004 is chugging along since the 21th week of 1994, only having perventive maintenance like replacing the V-ring seals.

Wait shit, that's a 20003/7304 pair which have their own issues. Pic related is a 16004.

Why so butthurt? It's a juicer but without any of the mess, or the work of buying your own shit to juice. If I had $400 to waste, I would get one.

You could even shit into the bags and reseal them for a no-mess second pressing.

nigger a startup on amazon is already selling it. Go look up soylent and youll find bottles and normies reviewing it.

Thats one of the reviews with some normie having a fridge full of the shit. They cant into making food because they dont know how. You cant say "oh they dont have time probably" cause if youre that busy in life working for shekels then you probably deserve to drink soylent. Also from the same review:

normies can burn in hell along with the rest of this gay earth

But they do, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP/IP_stack_fingerprinting and lcamtuf.coredump.cx/p0f3/
Not to mention that if even if ads were static images, your browser would download them via HTTP and therefore send HTTP headers.

Advertisers can go die in a fire.

But they do, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP/IP_stack_fingerprinting and lcamtuf.coredump.cx/p0f3/
Not to mention that if even if ads were static images, your browser would download them via HTTP and therefore send HTTP headers.

Advertisers can go die in a fire.

Fuck me. Wrong thread.

Any juicer that doesn't fully integrate with your smarthome, is not a juicer worth using.

Jesus christ why not just subscribe to someone delivering fresh juice to your house?

What is the fucking point of ordering a half-done product to be processed by a botnet enabled iLookalike?

If I want to order fucking juice I order fucking juice, if I want to make my own juice I throw fruit and/or vegetables in a juicer. This product has all the possible disadvantages of both choices.

Here's Doug (((Evans))) at a trade conference defending his abomination.
youtube.com/watch?v=1rEkowig7-M

Highlights:
At this point I'm screaming at the screen because of his ineptitude in mechanical engineering.
I guess you're supposed to drink it in a disposable cup or park your mouth directly below the nozzle.

That video was very unsatisfying. That's what all these fucking hipster companies are trying to do, right? Make shit futuristic and "Satisfying", yet they can't even accomplish that.

Also, the juice packs are made so easy to press that even a Silicon Valley soyboi can juice them by hand, and do it faster than the machine.
archive.fo/UP5Rw

For the grand total of $700, or $1200 if you're a business for some reason, you can buy a machine with:
What a deal!

To combat this, they could just cut their losses on the useless juicer and sell the $5-$8 packets as "hand-squeezable fresh juice." However, obviously that won't happen. Instead they will probably force you to have a unique, valid serial number to subscribe to the delivery service and refuse to juice if the bag's product ID doesn't match the machine's subscription ID.

I'm worried about what happens to the human race in a post-scarcity economy. There would be very little pressure forcing humanity into making good decisions, breeding better and smarter people. I honestly think the system would just be overrun with worthless niggers and other 3rd world refuse and degenerate whites. Leaving no one to repair the system.

I too read reddit, OP.

have you seen this abomination? It's the mac pro.
Steve jobs killed himself through his lifestyle, but at the fucking least he kept the hipster groupthink from doing stupid shit like this.

Why the fuck would anybody even use the excuse that the juicer squeezes juice in such a way that it doesn't "damage nutrients" and is healthier? As if a regular juicer could do any significant damage to a cup of fruit. Here's an idea, how about you live a healthy lifestyle first instead of propping your nutrition on shitty excuses like how your "nutrients" are "damaged"

I honestly cannot tell if this is parody or not. Someone help me.

Indeed.

It's like if Bulletball was fully funded by multiple venture capital groups.

It's not for rejected poorfags on chans, it's for normal people.

t. goy mush peddler

This exact scenario happened with Keurig and K cups. Heroic pirate coffee makers made their own coffee pods compatible with the machine.
Then Keurig tried to pull this shit with literally barcode DRMed coffee pods and got their shit pushed in.

Why not just buy bottles of juice?

Really, this is the sad part. Of course there's the excuses. Oh man, I don't have time to make breakfast! How am I supposed to stay out past midnight on a Wednesday if I don't get up a half hour before work starts? And of course that doesn't leave time for yard work, mowing the lawn or shoveling snow so I pay Paco and Juan $50 to do it instead. I mean, yardwork? Who has time for that when I had to take my car to the mechanic last week because one of the tires was low.
So much lost knowledge.

It's probably been said a bunch in the thread, but a juicer that uses a grinder or gears to juice the fruit creates heat, which will have a similar effect on the nutrients in the juice as pasteurization.

It's 2017, why can't we vape our food?

Just eat the fucking fruit jesus christ. You remember how to chew don't you?

And what the fuck do you think their proprietary "wash and chop" process is?

I've recently taken a pledge to only consume commodities as much as possible.
Saves me a fortune and, paradoxically, I get much higher quality of everything since I'm not playing 200% markup for corn syrup + "The Spanky Seal of Quality" + tip.

Sweaty mexicans in a warehouse with some knives and fluoride-saturated water sprayers

Not when it's illegal to use that inefficient outdated technology! Inefficient motors wasting electricity ration and water ration. No feedback sensors or methods to send washing habit data back for analytics. And by then the power company will be able to detect you're using an unauthorized device with their fancy SMART meters. Enjoy your heavy fines, property confiscation or jail time!

FUCKING CIA NIGGERS

Where the fuck did all these communist losers come from? It's one of the most visited boards.
Did they come from reddit or something?
If so, why did they abandon reddit to come here?

Also you have to build your proteins from source.

They won't keep up, that's the point. I mean, how many people working in factories or McDonalds already lost their jobs? And who helped them?

If something was supposed to happen, it would already have. But that's not "their" plan.

Bots and shills. They consider reaching a high board ranking a worthwhile psyops. Just like making trap threads on Holla Forums and posting interracial porn to Holla Forums. Don't bother trying to understand it, it's a symptom/expression of their mental illness.

you are really delusional.

Reality hurts, doesn't it.

This is the biggest fucking joke I've ever fucking heard, holy jesus shitting christ.

but it does (for some ingredients) you fucking retard

Most of them came over from /r/socialism, they routinely do recruitment drives on cuckchan, and they've been getting a lot of twatter recognition lately from SJWs referring to them as "brocialist shitlords", so they're getting that crowd too.

Frankly, it's a mess.

sjws hate Holla Forums for being about class and economics instead of gender and muh feels.

the better portion of any reddit exodus seems to fuck off when they dont get their liberal circlejerk.

the implication that they're redditors must feel nice, but it has about as much basis as accusing Holla Forums of being all r_thedonald.

which they accuse them of being, because '[otherboard] is all reddit lol' is banter, not actual fact.

Most vitamins and all minerals are reasonably heat resistant. Vitamin C and a few others aren't.
Aside from that, cooking often destroys harmful toxins that are intended to stop you, the monkey, from eating them and greatly improves digestibility. A lot of foods are inedible or dangerous without cooking.

All this is, is a fruit press with computers Digital Restrictions Management and analytics

I juiced a CIA nigger's skull in 1982.

I still have an old Braun hairdryer from my grandparents. That thing is powerful yet compact, and you can use it as a bludgeoning weapon without breaking it.
I miss the time where electronics were designed to last long...

Even the old stuff that breaks can be easily fixed with all sorts of parts since there is no bullshit DRM checking the 'authenticity' of said parts. Not the same can be said of the new John Deere tractors with its bullshit DRM locking you out of basic servicing processes - we're at an age where you pay full price for a product that you can't mess with. If it was a lease (like a rental car) it would make sense that they don't want you to open up things, but nooooope, the John Deere higher ups are that retarded.

I'd defend that machine to death if needed! even though I haven't used that machine in a while.

I love my N900. Old as fuck by now, but I wouldn't want another phone.

There was once a time brands like Miele made quality stuff (pic related is a 60's W421 with two engines), but that time has long been passed.

Garthe Knight is that you?

Except they insist we must all bow down to multiculturalism despite it having shit nothing to do with economics.

That looks like a skookum choocher.

Watch Idiocracy

Nutrient degradation is really only an issue with high speed juicers like centrifugal juicers and blenders. Auger juicers are just as good as presses.

No, they don't.
Them calling you an idiot for buying the idea of an ethnostate doesnt mean thats their main concern. They only brought it up because you did.
Your focus on social bullshit against multiculturalism and for muh wyatt raes is exactly as bad as sjws focus on social bullshit in favor of multiculturalism and FKK WHT PPL!!!, in their eyes.
go shitpost on Holla Forums if you want to complain about this though, this isnt the board for it

Gas or diesel?

Score one for the good guys, I guess.

welcome enjoy your stay

To be fair it is kind of impressive they managed to stick so much stuff in to such a small package. Dual 275 watt GPUs and a 130 watt CPU in something which would be comparable to a mini-itx sized chassis.

I've never put anything in my blender which ended up coming out hot, let alone 160°F.

???

what's their end goal?

is this too primitive for burgers?

youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA

LOL

fuck you for not having embed youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=sEh3ysqzH8w

lol

wew lad

Literally just as bad for you as soda. Not only does it have as much as or even more sugar than soda, but it's almost all straight fructose. Not "high-fructose", ALL fructose. If you're not eating the fruit whole to get the benefit of fiber, you're wasting your fucking time.

Youtube embeds are disabled because they are used for tracking.

Electric induction as far I know, on spin start the 2nd engine easily uses 16 amps just to get going.

Yes, there was once a time appliances were this power-hungry. My Askos are power hungy machines too, but they make up for that in raw washing performance and speed. (a 203F/95C boilwash in less than 2 hours? why the hell not)

That's absolute nonsense. Sugar contains ZERO nutrition, fruits and especially vegetables - a shitload. You would never be able to eat the therapeutic amount though, so a juicer allows you to bypass that. You can throw a pound of spinach and have like 200 ml of juice, easily drinkable in a few gulps.

Juice fasting even cures terminal diseases. Read about it, it could save your life sometime. This only applies to the juice you make yourself, of course (with a real juicer) - because it loses nutrients if it's out too long.

for now, yeah. i expect in ten years somebody who puts up a video showing how to squeeze an orange into juice is gonna get a copyright strike from Juicero

Worked for Steve Jobs.

I don't know a lot about that particular case. A cursory search reveals he ate an all fruit diet. That is NOT GOOD. Fruit itself isn't bad, but it does not contain all the nutrition required for a person to thrive. Add vegetables for minerals and algae for B12 and protein - now that's something you can live on.

Also, apparently he had a liver transplant two months before he died. When you have a transplant, you have to take medicine that suppresses your immune system. That's death for a cancer patient.

Well, he doesn't have cancer anymore. Checkmate.

I think you mean "survive on". I don't call slurping down spinach-algae sludge for dinner "living".

You're working under the assumption that sugar isn't literally actually poison. Fructose is a toxin that has to be processed out of your body in the liver like alcohol. It doesn't matter how many other nutrients that juice contains because it's being overshadowed by the sugar.

Jobs never had cancer, he had aids

He died of a cancer that is a common late stage symptom of AIDS.

In the future, neckbeards will feel accomplished when they configure their Juicero Press, instead of Linux or X11.

RMS considers food products without disclosed ingredients and process okay.

Carrots are already proprietary due to GMOs.

You joke but almost everything we have now had the same justification.

Bait - not even normies would buy this.

Man what a strange and moronic idea, that could never work.
You can only play your "both sides are dumb xD" game if you hold a third independent position instead of simply silencing all discussion and trying to maintain the status quo of one side winning.

Holla Forumsnology is the least of our problems in the future.

I scored a cheap and near-new WT745 W&D combo earlier this week and it gets up to temp very quick!

Needs a engine control board overhaul though, when cold the motor can't get going. (C2 and C5 capacitors dried out, a common Miele flaw when they turn, pun unintended, ~20-30 years old)

Other than that, there is nearly no dust inside the machine and everything else works perfectly. Not bad for a 23 year old machine, if you ask me.

What the shit. Bags of veggies? I'm speechless. I'll stick to my own juicer where I can pop in whatever I want. There is NO benefit to this over any other juicer.

Put on your tinfoil hats and hear me out.

What if Jobs really died of AIDS... and he intentionally did the dumbest thing to do if it was actually pancreatic cancer... just to teach people that alternative medicine is bullshit?

You're quite the optimistic. Houses will be in the millions by then thanks to (((banking))).

This is what we asked for when people started eating up that keurig shit. Normalfags love walled gardens for some unexplainable reason.

My father gave me a voltmeter from when he started working in the late 70s. Says he tried to replace it with a modern one but they all broke within a few months while his 70s one survived 40 years of everyday use without a single issue or wear outside of scratches.
They really don't make them like they used to anymore.

this isn't about a fucking juicer. It's about eventually deprecating whole, fresh produce in urban areas. You'll just buy a fucking packet of whatever and plug it into a whatever dispenser. The consumer-facing part is just a food DRM unlocker / validater and whatever else it does isn't really relevant. Their value proposition resides with the rest of the 'vertical integration' - the supply chain, processing, packaging, DRM, and analytics

>>I could've just bought a blender or a bottle of juice for

All I want is a blender that won't overheat and smell like burnt electronics after 5 minutes of blending because i like my shit blended.

keurigs are for morons who willingly paid $300 for a machine that heats water to just below boiling

These are some high levels of stupid.
Just fucking heat the water up and stop once you see the first bubble. How can hipsters be so retarded while they all spend copious amounts of time trying to look smart?
Fuck, I have put water on a fire enough that I have the experience to guess the time it'll take for it to boil and rarely be wrong.

Analytics

NO