/CPG/ - Competitive Programming General

I hope Holla Forums will be interested in these kinds of threads, I can think of many improvements.

CONTEST SITES:

codeforces.com
topcoder.com

hackerrank.com
hackerearth.com
codechef.com

spoj.com
uva.onlinejudge.org + uHunt: uhunt.felix-halim.net/

RESOURCES

Competitive Programming 3
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfHhJ4UwqPKaUd4TU85VmpqNFE/view

Competitive Programmers Handbook
cses.fi/book.pdf

github.com/lnishan/awesome-competitive-programming
topcoder.com/community/data-science/data-science-tutorials/

Solve problems starting from the most solved ones:
www.spoj.com/problems/classical/sort=6
or
codeforces.com/problemset?order=BY_SOLVED_DESC

It is fun, challenging and can greatly improve your algorithmic, optimization and general language skills.
There are numerous contests organized, with many having prizes.
Knowing Competitive Programming can greatly help you in job interviews.

Share resources, must-solve and interesting problems, language-specific tip and tricks, or whatever comes to your mind!

Tommorow is Google Code Jam round 1B, don't forget to participate if qualified.

FUCK OFF ADVERTISE ON 4CHAN YOU FUCKING SHITS

India wins by default when the USA fails to show up. Think about it.

Programming just to program is boring and for autists.

Feel free to fuck off this board anytime.

lol

it's almost like coding interviews reveal little to nothing about the true skill of a programmer

it's not made from scratch, it's just a fork of IntelliJ™ Idea™

If any of you participated in todays Code Jam, how were you supposed to solve C?

I've tried a backtracking sulution with a priority_queue, but TLE unfortunately on cases with close to 100 cities

lmao

Even so. That Google would pick something that horrendous speaks volumes.

I JUST WANT TO CODE FOR MONEY FFS

Go back to gamer gate. You are not welcome among people with above 100 IQ

Can you get some kind of financial benefit out of these sites if you're not a top-tier code wizard?

I've heard that the only people who get job offers based on their comp prog results are those in the top 10 or something, and I feel like if you're there you probably already have a job and/or income.

Doing toy projects won't make you better, you have to actually want to create something useful. If you're programming just to re-invent the wheel then don't bother.

Yeah it does, any programming is good exercise. Anyway, "useful" is subjective. I don't find most software they make these days useful at all. Especially not anything for desktop or modern web. That shit's all fucking unusable and hostile afaic.

All the sites are literally just cover for H1-B visa hiring. The solutions are widely posted on the internet so you can fudge your scores easily to loophole the "skilled worker" clause.