Facebook vs Google

Which company is more botnet?

Which company is more SJW?

Thinking about dumping Facebook for Google+, because my friends are "on" it anyway since everyone is basically forced to have a presence there and all I want is messaging. I don't want to see your stupid fucking memes or pictures of your dinner. Google+ is also better on Android than Cuckbook. Better for my battery and better UI.

Was thinking about trying out GNU-social on my own website, but it looks like the Mastodon coup is going to succeed in SJWizing the ecosystem, so fuck it.

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook.com/help/messenger-app/1084673321594605/
facebookcorewwwi.onion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Google+ is still a thing? WTF?

Here's a better idea user: just dump both. Use email to contact your friends, and make your own blog if you really want one. You'll be better off and feel better off.

No, there's no thinking involved here. You're not dumping or escaping anything.

There is no Facebook vs Google.
Choosing one over the other doesn't give you any benefit privacy-wise.
Also

They probably aren't sharing data directly because of muh competition. But they absolutely certainly are sharing it indirectly through data brokers.

All social media is shit, and the bigger they are, the shittier they are.

Seconding this. The day I deleted Facebook was a great day for my mental health.

Stop using social media and stop posting that shit here.

Am I on /g/?

What's up with all those cancer threads?

Google is lesser evil.

Yes it is.

it's not for friends, it's for shitposting, obviously
friends don't let friends use social media.

But not Gmail.

If a lot of your friends use gmail then it doesn't actually make much of a difference. It's still good though to shill for other email services, the gmail popularity is insane.

Thanks for Correcting the Record

Fun fact: Google's Eric Schmidt was leading the data analytics and voter targeting part of Clinton's campaign.

A more extreme alternative is to refuse to send anything non gpg encrypted to a gmail address. People just don't seem to care about being datamined. Some actually welcome the prospect of "personalized ads". Because then they're about ME ME ME.

Jewgle is half-jewish. Faceberg is fully jewish. So Faceberg is more SJW. But both of them are horrible, evil, companies. Use it if you want, but understand they'll mine the shit of your data, and if the day comes something you said can hang you, you'll hang if it makes them a buck.

That's a weak analysis. Both of them are interested in total connectivity and total integration: a digital hegemony where refusing to be part of the system is not even possible anymore. You don't have to believe in a conspiracy, just listen to what they say.
SJWs and jews are just a distraction, although that's still far better than being brainwashed by liberals and technocrats like most people are. Get on my level.

There's no either/or, they compliment each other.
On one hand, google is more omnipresent, but the cattle thinks of Facebook as more essential to their lives, and it reaches more directly for personal, intimate info.

The future that is being dreamed of right now, by millions, is that Google become the real power behind political and business-like stuff, like the CIA, NSA and the like are today, and Facebook is the cultural conglomerate, handling the citizen info and shaping show they see the world, sort pf like a fusion of Hollywood and mainstream media.

They are walking in a straight path towards this goal, convinced it will happen. And if nothing bars their way, it will.

Obviously take Facebook:
- Facebook has a messenger with end-to-end encryption even in their official app, so your friends don't need to install anything new: facebook.com/help/messenger-app/1084673321594605/
- Facebook has an onion address: facebookcorewwwi.onion

so what? to get an account, you must give them a phone number and after some time they will also inevitably ask you for government-issued ID (blocking any activity till you obey). and lots of things there are inaccessible without an account.

This is irrelevant because it's proprietary and therefore can't be trusted.