There is an obvious glaring lack of talent in the entertainment industry now

There is an obvious glaring lack of talent in the entertainment industry now

What does music consist of now? Very poor remakes, drum machines, and no talent songwriters. Even Jennifer Lopez, who has occupied the top spot chews dog turds compared to even middle of the road stuff from the 80's, 70's and 60's, and it is not opinion, it is easily provable fact.
If you look at the total composite of any new song released now, it has far less chord variety, far fewer sub themes, stripped out instrumental parts, and usually relies completely on pre fabricated drum riffs that are machine generated. All it does is drone. It has been stupefied. Often, all an artist does is take a 10 second section of a past great song, and repeat it over and over again while he mutters bullshit. Are we all that stupid now, so stupid that all creativity is gone? Or are we living in a world now where if you are not Jewish, or not gay, or will not murder your baby to Satan, you won't be allowed on the air?

If complete aemorality is a requirement to be allowed to be famous now, it would go a long way towards explaining why we don't have a Pink Floyd, Styx, Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springstein, Niel Diamond, Billy Joel, Queen or anyone else that is worth even half a dog turd nowadays. The modern music industry can't even sputter out a Barry Manilow. And it is not a style change that did it, the new music simply has no substance.

The musical crap-a-thon extends into the movie industry, which can't even produce good theme songs now. Back in the day, lots of the music on the radio was original stuff done for movies. We don't even have that now. Now all the movies often do is grab old music, (much of it crap) and put it in the movie, rather than create anything new.

And what about the movies? Practically all of them are PC B.S. where they just gotta get a racial balance in the caste, rather than a good caste, and they have to have a socially engineered plot, rather than just tell a story, and it all is starting to look like the same thing over and over and over again, same villain new face, same idea, different line, same whatever, repeat repeat repeat.

I think I know why - because the Jews cornered the market, do not have a big enough talent pool, will only accept the bottom feeders from the general population, and all the great ideas and musical themes are languishing in garages and on desktops, never to be heard, never to be played, because the people who created them are not the low life gutter trash that gets approval. Additionally, even the Jews are taxed out right now, as more and more of their talent is diverted into other social war efforts.

It is probably the end of the great era of music, but I doubt it really had to be that way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OtBHfxU2wmc
early1900s.org/radiodismuke/
artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/ArtScam/artscam.php
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music
dictionary.com/browse/art?s=t
youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesamtkunstwerk
youtube.com/watch?v=UnLq2HSyKhk
youtube.com/watch?v=kjMNXpqmjb4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_J
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin
landscaping.about.com/od/fragrantplants/a/fragrant_plants.htm
bhg.com/gardening/houseplants/projects/top-fragrant-houseplants/
apartmenttherapy.com/5-fragrant-plants-for-a-small-86631
hristodonev.eu/157/weird-scenes-inside-the-canyon-laurel-david-mcgowan-nick-bryant-id89514.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=JgVWJkc5gXE
thedreadnoughts.bandcamp.com/album/uncle-touchy-goes-to-college
mega.nz/#fm/sckhzQSa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_5)#The_finale
mega.nz/#F!K8gHUagL
archive.is/wHXEK
imdb.com/name/nm3773088/
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
youtu.be/YnwsMEabmSo
jimstonefreelance.com/
bookzz.org/book/2362526/c4a8f5
nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/boy-band-producer-lou-pearlman-dead-age-62-article-1.2759416
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's still good music out there, but no audience for it.

Unsuccessful musician here.

You can pour your heart and soul into a project, spend years slaving away, and these low attention span fucks act like they're doing you a favour listening to a track or two.

People can't appreciate art, so there's not a market for it.

(inb4 your music sucks)

mainstream music? Yes its trash. Its all jewified trash made to demoralize people. And since when have the jews ever made anything good?
Truth is most if not all mainstream music "artists" were never talented at all, jews just need some trashy negro or some "white" jew thats willing to do all the satanic stuff.

Period. You should however look up non mainstream artists. To which i honestly don't know where to point ya since i dont really listen to music much… But theyre there, just unpopular cus no jew would ever promote healthy music

your music sucks bro.

Lol jk. Again its all because of the jooos. Talent doesnt make stars, shekels do. Shekels pay radio station to put garbage music 24.7 and normies gobble it up.

You Jew worshipers are so sad. They've been doing "Satanic" stuff since the beginning of time as everything pagan or challenging to your slave cult religion is "Satanism"

This is the one time I'll agree with Holla Forums and say it really is the jews owning the music industry. How many musicians have called out the kikes already?

I was listening to some pop music from the 80's and it's actually enjoyable.
I used to avoid Michael Jackson, Prince, Material girl era Madonna but I started listening to some of their songs and they're actually complex and listenable.

Now rap has literal subgenres based off of inserting beats a certain way so all the songs sound the same (trap) even rap was more complex back then.

"We keep hiring NON WHITE CIS HET MALES and somehow our quality continues to drop!"

Nice blog faggot. Hoping the wall of text drives people to your jewtube?
GOTTA GET THOSE CLICKSHEKELS

I miss the '90s. That was right before the industrially manufactured band, when a band could actually play music, sing without autotune, and they didn't need a pre-recorded vocal track to stay on key in concert. You could hand Nirvana some pots and pans and put them on a street corner and they'd produce some amazing music and block traffic due to the crowd they'd form. There doesn't seem to be anyone like that today, or at least they aren't being made more visible.

Show uncle Holla Forums what you've made.

btw your music sucks

I think it's all down to two big things in the music industry we have today - monopoly and maximisation of profit.

Think of it this way: it takes these idiots probably no less than a weekend to churn out this shit - whereas pink floyd spent a year writing dark side of the moon. That is a stark contrast that clearly shows itself in the quality of the music produced (and as you know; the faster it can be moved the sooner they can sell it). Also, because these record labels basically control the flow of music into the public sphere - they don't have to worry about quality as much as they do quantity.

Profit and monopoly.

It's obvious that everything is crashing down and that obviously includes the cancer that's killing civilization.

The only question is what will collapse first.

Culture as a whole has stagnated, im going to get leftypol for a sec here.
But i blame capitalism….
Hear me out, the music business, the movies business, all they care about is money, the cheaper it is to make, the more markets is appeals to the more money it makes.
So we live in this world were money is valued over art, and thats where you get a world were mainstream music is whittled down to top 40 rap and pop and movies are nothing but cape shit remake sequels.
And so, art stagnated.

Not doxxing myself.

Ive heard this "trap" music, and it sounds like robot sex.

As to movie themes, has anyone noticed that every movie has the same music? Its always a choir singing gibberish to sound "epic".
I used to like that kind of genre, but I cant take this shit anymore, it all sounds the same.

Jews cant do anything original, so when a talented white man comes along, they all copy it. Tho since now their grip is so tight on the media (They cant afford to be lazy, since if we rise up again, it wont be an expulsion, but eradication) talented white people aren't allowed to make anything.

The yids are nervous.
ASCAP sent it's recent letters to members (my boss is a member) and they stated that for the first time in recent history-older music is outselling new releases. Oy vey?

Not here, since i'm a record store person, and the only one in the area that's not lefty/pozzed. Plus, we're a record store-45s/LPs/78s. The market is still as good as ever for these formats. Normies would be surprised.

the jews have decided that the only music that is allowed to be famouse nowadays is nigger rhyming or taylor swift……..

So there is no more rock, metal, punk, jazz, country, folk, etc in the mainstream at least.

And i do like electronic music but its been turned into a mainstream monstrosity for frat bros and dumb sluts yelling "weerr da drop"!?

So, i guess people would probably by an old led zepplin record than some nigger yelling about how much money he has.

We can't keep Zep LPs in stock.
How many requests do we ever get for ooga booga bigliphop?
none.
Occasionally we'll get some nullnode hipster type who's looking for records to "sample"….it's a chore to bite my tongue and not throw them out the door.
As if Gene Krupa's drums on "Sing Sing Sing" wasn't the most excellent drumbeat ever.

People miss out on 78s-that's where the exploration begins.

That's because they are more concerned with performers LOOKING good, than they are with performers being talented.

It narrows the potential pool of talent that they can draw from….

Coupled with (((Hollywoods))) increasing insistance to only make entertainment that have some heavy handed propaganda in it, most of the really talented artists and preformers simply are never even considered for such oppertunities, since they create non-pozzed art, which (((hollywood))) will no longer even attempt to market.

The thing about vinyl is that its popular with hipsters and there are neckbeards who collect them, its like a whole hobby, you get this giant record in this cardboard holder with great artwork.
Also anyone looking for stuff to sample is what is called a crate digger, they look for obscure music to steal from for there bleep bloop or rap instrumental songs.

Most young people who are into that shitty top 40 rap use the internet, which means piracy and streaming.

Was thinking of this yesterday while listening to some AM gold and 80s pop. It may have been electronic not acoustic but the guys actually PLAYED the synthesizers as real instruments.

Also of course general whiteness in artists, themes, and undegeneracy of music.

youtube.com/watch?v=OtBHfxU2wmc

Vinyl's not just the hipster/neckbeards either. Every time there is a format change, from cylinder to 78 to LP to CD, lots of material doesn't make it to the newer formats.
We're lucky-we also run an auction-and that's where the hardcore collectors come from.
Plus, there's another genre of collector that gets lumped in unfairly with the crate diggers-the "soulies". Those guys have zero problem with spending mega cash for the rare singles.

I'm just glad the boss stopped bringing in new releases over a decade ago.

Feels shitty man.

That's the problem, nowadays if you want to listen to something OK you gotta search for it very hard

Try this: early1900s.org/radiodismuke/

Maybe it's just a matter of taste but I think most of the music in 1950's ( even in mainstream ) was good. I'm talking about good to shit music ratio, nowadays it's mostly shit.

Atleast we are getting more good movies ( Not talking about blockbusters )

The jews try to pass electronic music off as a nigger thing, but the synthesizer was invented in 1900 and there were lots of experiments in electronic music in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.
Also the pioneers of modern electronic music were kraftwerk and yellow magic orchestra, a german, and japnese groups

>music
Celldweller is good

They were never good, immediately co-opted from being entertainment to being vehicles for political propaganda since their inception. Never had a chance.

Being originally relegated to tech enthusiasts and thus out of reach of the general public and politics, now going the same way of movies/tv because the bar to entry is so low and it's not as difficult as it should be to be part of video games, any retard can do it even when they have barely an ounce of understanding for programming or the desire to integrate.

feels good man

I agree, it's a shame that electronic music has been subverted. In the olden days you had people who actually gave a damn about musical theory and tradition.

most of us dont consume MSM daily
what was your distracting bullshit topic again?
Trump 2016

that house looks very familiar

thats not leftypol at all
you are third position

checked

There were always Jews in the entertainment industry, they had talented composers like Jerry Fielding.

The issue is that it's far more nepotistic now. There's people who hire on the basis of relatives instead of talent.

Trap music sounds really shitty in trailers, but it sounds good when you're active because it builds and releases quickly.

proably because if anyone actually talented got hired they'd realize everyone else was just a bunch of jews stealing money from consumers

Turn on the radio

Turn on Pandora

Turn on TV

Turn on Netflix

See a movie

Normalfag get out, all of those things are shit.

The end.

The did it with art by turning it into modern art and you didn't care because you didn't like art anyway.

Now they're doing it with music, and you suddenly care. Well boo fucking hooo. Enjoy trying to make a living in the music world making "trap" music.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

Well, it's true, I never liked art in the first place. The only value a work has to me is in its utility or entertainment value, not pretentious garbage like evoking emotions or being art. Art is a buzzword.

Fuck off to cuckchan if you suffer from ADD and can't be assed to read a post with content.

Art exists to display objective beauty, gas yourself kike.

And that's why you are fucking stupid.

You are looking at the aftermath of a deliberate subversion, and saying "I don't like that."

Actual art people don't like that (modern art)either. Read my links. Classical art has been sold as OLD and BORING even though it is the pinnacle of art. It's been MADE unpopular and people buy that shit because an AUTHORITY tells them to.

And maybe look up the definition of pretentious while you're at it.

Obligatory video from someone who knew the industry in and out.

Berserk is good because it's a very entertaining story with very aesthetic drawings. Art is a buzzword.

I never liked classical art either, it's all boring shit. Unless it has a utilitarian aspect or entertainment value, it's worthless.

You're saying Seth Rogen isn't talented?

Oh right, you're right.

I wonder how (((He))) got so successful in hollywood.

When people complain about the music industry, they aren't thinking about what they are saying. The music industry is exactly that, an industry. The shit you see today is not the product of human expression, it is more like an ad campaign. All they want to do is get their songs in your head to get you to give them money either directly or indirectly. If you are looking for good music, don't search among the mainstream. There is plenty of good music being made recently, you just need to find it.

He smokes weed dude, how is that not funny?

Well my 13 year old friend, there was a time before photographs. And in those days people had to paint pictures to record history.

There was also a time before television video games and cartoons. Reading books and looking at paintings was pretty much all there was to do.

I hope you kill yourself when the power grid goes down.

I have noticed that there are far fewer musical subcultures than in the past. The only things left are hip hop and edm. No matter your preference good bands do come out but it is as if people don't really care about music anymore. The effect music has on people seems diminished and I really cannot understand that. After thousands of years where music played a vital role to societies it just seems to have become dull.

It can be attributed to many reasons, information overload, social media as a substitute for social interaction, people becoming obsessed with identity and (((them))) taking advantage of that.

I think that in order to have good art you need some kind of vision, a purpose whatever that may be. You can't just use feeling good (edm) as a purpose or nigger tier culture (hip-hop). Both of those genres end up just as you would expect, hedonism and barbarism.

You need something more than that. Even anti-authoritarian leftist music expressed something. There just isn't anything left for people to believe in, and (((they))) make sure that even those that do believe in something are divided enough to not matter.

And I appreciate painted pictures of historical events that had no other way to preserve them in memory, because that was useful, not because of some nebulous all encompassing term like "art".

That's not entertainment, you fucking retard, are you just going to stare at a picture a few hours a day for fun?

The power grid is here to stay, because we aren't savages. I'll help make it greater than ever
t. Engineer

Fuck off christcuck

Yes, it's called a museum.

You certainly don't appreciate reading. You must be retarded.

Click this link or shut the fuck up.

Seriously though, all you're talking about is consumerism and the distillation of art into a formula. What else can you expect when copyrights are used by monopolies to control our culture?

Then get the fuck off the internet and go hang out in a museum, faggot.

When did I say anything about reading? Why are you introducing strawmen now? I quite enjoy reading, because it's entertaining.

Then read the fucking link you dipshit.

Milli Vanilli, NKOTB, Backstreet Boys, NSync, Spice Girls, Boyzone, Take That and Westlife. The 90's were the fucking epitome of the mass-produced garbage with no-talent singers just singing others songs.

And it's out there, the 90's were the millenia Rock died. Why? Because it was ordered from higher-ups to not support it financially anymore, that was not the direction they wanted to go because it wasn't socially corossive enough to subvert society with. They needed a new thing and along came gangster-rap with the niggers and hoes and bling-bling and fake fueds like it's some bad wrestling-show with a lot of pussies just mouthing off eachother. Fuck, 2pac the nigger every nigger holds so dearly was a goddam ballerina, the epitome of a "man"…

The music industry has always been controlled, but in the 90's they seized even more so, probably because they didn't see the results they wanted.

sorry, after clicking on it.

I forget that I have to spell everything out for you fucking millennials.

Nah, I don't care about art and I'm not going to waste the precious time I have on this earth reading about it.

I think that applies to more than just music. Movies, comics, even video games are having similar problems. Western entertainment is fucked.

if you actually looked for your music you wouldn't be complaining

Music is an artform. You are the most retarded person on the planet.

Video games began to decay the moment it was easy enough for politics to worm their way into them. Technology should always stay at least one step ahead of politics, lest it become absorbed by it.

Music is an entertainment form. You sound like the type of person who lives with a pole terminally stuck up his ass, so explaining the concept of fun to you is probably a waste of time.

are you brain damaged or what

Are you brain damaged or what.

I loved metallica so much in my teens, but ever since the black album, quality has dropped immensely.

He's at least the most retarded person in this thread.

On Rope day, I'll save a special one for him.

This, or make your own music.

Even my shittily mixed music is more special to me than any million dollar jewtune.

Meanwhile in reality, you have no power, and all you can do is play tough guy on the internet with over 300 confirmed hangings.

Lurk more.
You're limiting yourself with your kike values.

Beauty doesn't fill an empty stomach.

Most things in the world are not black and white.
But that being said, you are objectively wrong.

Beauty inspires a man to fill his stomach. It inspires a man to protect his kin. It inspires peace and war alike, and the rise and fall of civilization.

Survival is a means, but never an end.

Beauty fills an empty mind

You are objectively wrong.

See I can play this game too!

You won't die from starvation of an empty mind.

No, the biological imperative inspires a man to fill his stomach.

Everything is Jewified. The Jews are stuck Jewifying pre-Jewified garbage that never had a soul for them to suck in the first place. These are all signs of their coming fall.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music

Why do you persist on letting this beating continue? You have no idea what you are talking about yet you persist on talking.

Eat your keyboards keys, and never use the internet ever again. This is embarrassing.

Just because they were good does not mean they weren't degenerate amoralists.

Tip top kek m8

Oh, yes you will. Just look at this board. Physical death is nothing compared to spiritual death.

I believe you. I've met quite a few "garage bands" that were leagues more aesthetic than the garbage playing today.

You're already subverted user.

SAGE

Who are you quoting this time, user?
I don't buy any definition of art, I don't want any definition of art. If something has aesthetic qualities that provide a context to something else or has a useful purpose/entertainment, then describe it as such. Saying "art" is the lazy man's excuse to just say "me like thing lots" without properly explaining why it is good.

As an oldfag that hated them back in my day I have to sorely admit they were at least catchy and nowhere near the noise vast majority of post-00s is.

Also user you reply too is right about Nirvana. They were among the last pearls in the cesspool.

That's exactly what I mean. That's your definition of art. It's flawed and jewish in origin.

I don't have a definition of art because I don't believe in using a term as asinine as art to describe anything.

There's still plenty of talent and creativity out there as many anons have already said, but once again - the kikes have such a stranglehold on what information gets out to normies via media/music/entertainment, that it seems like the only stuff coming out nowadays is nigger hypno-beats and faggy dance pop.

Many of our next Pink Floyds, Beatles, or whatever popular group you can think of are shitposting/lurking on Holla Forums this very moment. The internet is getting shut down for more reasons than political speech. The vaporwave movement and others like it coalesced out of the internet ether organically. No outside kike influence.

It's also a damn shame that people don't see the arts as the tools they are. Musicians and artists play more important roles than many people can ever comprehend. They create culture, they are the vanguards of the human spirit and how it is expressed in a society. Of course the kikes are going to control that any way possible. They would rather have some faggy nu male, a nigger, or a slutty trainwreck (the 3 musical choices you have nowadays) be the representations of our society.

That's mainstream music. Go dig for good bands.

Now you aren't even speaking english.

That's your definition. That's how YOU define it.

So yes, you have one. Do you understand how words work?

Art is a buzzword. It is a nonterm, there is no definition for it.

You do realize that new music isn't like "omg slide" music. People making new music doesn't make old music suddenly go away.

Listen to whatever music you want, man. That's all there is to it. You listen to what you like and I'll listen to what I like. If you like something I don't like, then I won't care. I really, honestly, no foolin' will not care what music you listen to. It won't affect my life one iota.

So, there you go.

Daily reminder that The Beatles aren't very good, and they're only largely known today because the TV watching Boomers wouldn't shut the fuck up about them for nearly three generations now.

dictionary.com/browse/art?s=t

noun
the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria; works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art;
an art collection.
See also fine art, commercial art.
a field, genre, or category of art:
Dance is an art.
the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture:
art and architecture.
any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art;
industrial art.
a branch of learning or university study, especially one of the fine arts or the humanities, as music, philosophy, or literature: She was adept at the arts of music and painting;
I've always felt an affinity towards the visual arts, though I studied art of philosophy.

Words don't stop having meanings just because people use them wrong.

You're falling for relativism.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ

I'm a musician. I've had cycles of varying success throughout my 20 years of playing. I'm a multi-instrumentalist and a sound engineer. Fads work in a circle. And the style you most effectively communicate in fades in and out of popularity. It's the nature of the lifestyle, and it's always been this way. Styles come and go.

What changed? It's the space we experience the music.

The Hollywood-grown entertainment culture has sunk its hooks into almost every musical culture worldwide. In any given local music scene, the notion that any one of them could be whisked away to Los Angeles to go make a shitton of money, do cocaine and get a sneaker endorsement lingers in the back of a lot of people's minds, informing peoples' decisions, making the only competition one where people compete for relevancy. Even if it means swallowing up diarrhea by the mouthful.

The spirit of the moment doesn't lie. It's always going to be more successful of a night to play the kind of music you like to experience than to play what you think people like. The problem is the kind of faggots who clamor for attention from the blogroll and dominate the business side of things get threatened and all antsy when they come face to face with the fact that they just don't fucking get it and possibly never will.

That's where we're at. There's more photographers and attention whores inside the building than people who've come to dance and rock out. So what do reasonable people do? They set up a bluetooth speaker in the kitchen, invite a couple girls over and get fucked up. I mean, most people's taste sucks, but that sort of thing is still gonna have more character than paying a $35 cover to hear "Work work work work work work" for the ten millionth time.

It's become one big ego trip for a select class of people. And it's the artists who suffer for it.

What he said.

No way. It's entertainment, but it's also the most effective way to link up with people who think like you without ever needing to say a word. To remove the communal element from the music, you might as well listen to your uncle take a shit from the next room or something.

That's a good joke I'll have to make a note of it.

Even when Jews make music its as brazen, and ugly as you'd expect; although the band Jew does play in a band called Protocols to the Elders of Zion.

This. Beatles were the boy band of the 60s. Practically Bieber without the internet for backlash.

Amy Winehouse is part kike but she was more than tolerable.

Jack Black is whole kike but his parody-music is entertaining.

You've misidentified the problem. People can't afford higher quality goods these days, the first to get cut from any budget is entertainment. For music this means most companies make just about no money from regular people-its all from companies looking to use it for something. Hollywood is run by (((ideologues))) who don't care if they lose boatloads of cash, get massive government subsidies, and so can pick and choose blatantly inferior art/ists to push their agenda. Music is made currently not for private enjoyment and slow dances but for modern "parties" where in only a consistent beat matters. It being cheaper to produce isn't the problem, its just that you can't grind shanequanda to classical.

The problem is Jews not capitalism, I'm a devote capitalist and part of that is being a smart consumer and buying high quality goods and finding budgeting room for the things I want to support.
Tyrone is no philospher king and the local club is going to play whatever Tyrone wants to get their hands on his welfare bucks.

Here are a few names:
Bach, Brahms, Holst, Mozart, Beethoven, Mahler, Wagner, Bruch, Berlioz, Dvorak, Stravinsky, Mussorgsky

Not sure if kike or 13.

What's with all the post-HRE barbarian minstrels putting their name on a label?

Unfortunately I think the internet is part of the problem. When Pink Floyd was taking a year to write Dark Side of the Moon, the record company didn't have to worry about thousands of people downloading it for free. Now that they do, they minimize production costs to the bone in order to make profit. That means, instead of hiring a full orchestra like Queen used to do, or a dozen backup singers like Joe Cocker used to do, it's one guy, a synthesizer, and autotune because that's what's cheap. And yes, rap is cheap to produce and a single nigger can rattle out half a dozen rap songs in a day because they're all the same and they can just sample the theme song from the Adams Family, slap some crap monotone lyrics on there, and get out of the studio in half an hour. Cheap, and there's always idiots that will buy it. Even cheaper because the people buying new music now don't recognize a lot of the songs being sampled so they think it's new and amazing, and the original writer doesn't have to be credited or paid because it's a "sample".

Pretty much the same with movies—since a certain number of people are staying home to download movies for free, the studios have to stick with things that are cheap to make and "safe", meaning they're almost sure it will make money. The movies where they take a chance, are cheap to make—like Sausage Party. The expensive movies with high-ticket budgets are all remakes and sequels because it's safe. That's why there's so many superhero movies nowadays, because it's a formula that has worked before. Movies that used to require thousands of extras now have a half-dozen guys photoshopped in using CG. Stunts are cheaper too, because it's all CG. They also try to hedge their bets by making movies that, if they don't do well in the US, are almost guaranteed to do well in a foreign market, like World of Warcraft. That movie was 99% CG, and it really stank, flopped here in the US, but it made bucks in China, so the studio still profited from churning out a steaming pile of crap—because they knew it would be profitable either way.

In both music and movies, studios try to predict what the audience will like and exploit popular sentiment by trawling through social media. What they don't understand is that for every loud voice and strong opinion on social media, there's 100 lurkers and 100 dissenters who may not agree with that loud voice. That's why there's so much SJW crap being worked into movies these days—those ugly chihuahuas bark so loud, the studios think that's what the majority of people want. They used to pay money to have focused marketing groups and surveys that relied on random people to input their opinion, but now they just skim Twitter trends and call it a day, without ever realizing that people like and reblog things out of social pressure rather than out of a genuine regard for the content. They're probably still scratching their heads trying to figure out why Ghostbusters was a flop when it had two things that should have guaranteed success—a beloved franchise that had three previous blockbusters, and that hip new diversity that all the kids on Twitter are raving about.

tl;dr: Because of decreasing profits, they've been cutting corners, and as a result, they've ruined innovation and lost touch with their audiences.

There's a very similar problem with vidya. All the money goes into GRAFIX, and they take a pass on experimenting with gameplay or story (unless it makes it more cinematic :^).

I'm not a weeb but I started watching anime simply because Western media is so shit. Works for me since I have a few decades to cherrypick from.

Holla Forums anime infographic?

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/
>>>/safespace/
>>>/sjw/

There you go OP. I didn't read any of your post after the title, because you're retarded.

There is SO FUCKING MUCH GOOD MUSIC OUT RIGHT NOW. More than there ever has been in history. Of course, none of it is on the jew-owned media outlets, but why are you listening to them anyway?

Seriously OP. start searching, there's so much music out there. It's just below the surface.

Your local area probably has 3 good bands that you can get into. Local festivals can be great if they're not some punk shitfest.

I gotta agree, mainly because I happen to hear a few stories.

You guys ever saw those tv shows where a bunch of people get to sing, and a jury picks the best one?
Suposedly, the best one that wins gets a contract with a producer and strikes out on his own as a professional music.

Dunno how it goes in your countries, but here's how it went in mine:
We got 3 channels doing this shit, each with a diferent show. Actually, each have 2 shows, they just rotate them (one season it's the Idols, then it's The Voice, rinse and repeat) so the normies don't find it repetitive.

After nearly 10 years of this shit, over 50 people got the grand honor of striking a deal with a publisher. If you have this shit in your country, if you have friends that watch this fucking things, ask them:
"Where are they now?"

I used to ask this and finally had a stroke of luck. A guy I played vidya with actually knew a girl who won of those things. They went out to some anime convention, had a chat, and she told him how that shit works.

First you sign a contract. You have no experience though, so the contract is something like:

The girl he talked to was in this shit for 2 years. She made two albuns that sold like shit. One didn't go over the minimum ammount for her to receive something. The other made her 2000$ for 8 months of work.
Why? Because they don't get marketing. That would increase the cost and turn it into a risky bet for the publisher.
The main money-maker is the tv-show. The network that airs it already paid a bunch of money to the publisher. And the network made a bunch of money from the retards phoning to vote and the ads.
Out of all this giant money-making machine, the one person who gets screwed is the singer himself, he doesn't see a cent.

And to be honest, after hearing this, I didn't really expect it to be anything else. We're talking about an industry that churns out boys-bands and female single singers every year. They stay popular for 3 months, you see and hear them everywhere, and then they disappear.

The average consumer doesn't want "good" music. IT wants new musicians they never heard of.

There are many things that you can't have good discussions about on Holla Forums.

And this guy is also right.

If you're still using your shitty iTunes or other service like that, if you see shows like what I posted above or if you follow (((music news))) media, you're an idiot.

I found a lot of shit I liked. Why? Because an artist I like also likes another. So I check him out. And that one also likes another guy.
Most of the time it's the same genre, sometimes it's a complete diferent thing.
Sometimes they like musics I don't, and that's okay. But I can guarantee you, if you pick an artist you like and starting poking on what he likes, and what the people he likes also like, you'll find a fucking treasure trove.

tl,dr: IF YA WANT TREASURE, YA GOTTA DIG, MATEY.

Mostly becase Holla Forums is about the meta-discussion. The politics behind those things.
And posting about that will call out the ">degenerate" posters. Hate to say it, but you're better off finding another place for that 420chan is alright, just remember half of them have their brains fried from the benzos
You fucking wot.

There is some good music out there, synthwave is still alive and well, if you're not into that there is a big folk music revival, and some of them are like minded to us. If you want to put political affiliation aside you can find some pretty decent music.

Also, the fact he refuses to share his music is proof he sucks.

Soundcloud is good for finding smaller artists. Especially electronic stuff, but there's plenty of other stuff there too.

Also, I've found a few good bands on 8tracks. Users make playlists to fit whatever theme or mood. Looking up a genre you like, or a mood, or a band you're into can often show you some really good stuff that's similar that you'd never find otherwise.

Every time I see someone mention houseplants on here several anons freak out about how houseplants are gay and lame. Fuck that, houseplants are great, they improve the air quality in your house and some sorts can filter a bunch of bad shit out of the air. Everyone should have houseplants, even if you live in a rural area with good air. You can get houseplants to vastly improve the quality if the air in your house, and that has obvious benefits.

Progressive Africanization of western music since WW1. It'll end up with drums and screams alone.

Dunno about the air, but Houseplants are great for the smell, if you can pick'em.
The main hallway in my house (that has a stair to the second floor) is filled to the brim with plants everywhere. Kind of a bitch to water, but you walk inside my door, you find yourself in the middle of a forest complete with that earthen scent.

I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT HOUSE PLANTS

Wow you fucking hippie faggot that sounds really nice, what plants do you recommend?

Holy fuck I love me some Zappa.

Good stuff, user.

You think I'm joking but I've had heated discussions about houseplants here before. Maybe they're just not online right now but there are anons out there who just hate houseplants. I just don't understand.

Man that houseplant was malnourished as fuck.

Richard Wagner claimed in his notorious pamphlet that Jews could only make entertainment (and not Gesamtkunstwerk / total works of art like himself).

The Jews were very sad to hear that and moved to Hollywood and made very entertaining Gesamtkunstwerke to outdo Wagner.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gesamtkunstwerk

Some stayed home and weren't too bad.

Man, you're fucking stupid. I get it, you hate niggers. That's cool.
But you keep pulling the race card everytime you want to justify shit, you look like an idiot.

Instead look at this shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=UnLq2HSyKhk
youtube.com/watch?v=kjMNXpqmjb4
That's two "singers" some normalfag linked me a couple hours ago.
Have you ever heard of them? I know I haven't. And neither did everyone I talk to. The normalfag who linked me just remember they existed out of nowhere.

Now take a look at the second one.
9 million views. That's quite a lot, eh?
They must be famous or something.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_J
See? Their last two appeareances where:

This has nothing to do with race keep that for threads where race is indeed relevant
It's to do with an industry that takes 4 chuckle fucks, tells them they're going to be famous and then rides their boy-ass for a good 8 to 10 years until they cough up a newer band.

Jesus said himself:

"if not with me, AGAINST ME" this is why everything from Mick Jagger to Ponies, from Smurfs to NASA is Satanic for the Abrahamics.

Drumbs an beats an lyrics by a black guy saying how this party is great, he has a lot of money and a big dick? yeah totally an Eurasian thing!

Dunno, I ain't an hippie.
To be honest, my mother picked most of all.
I know a bit about plants, but I can't beat someone who's been around them for literal years. She can look at a plant and see it's diseased on the onset of wathever's fucking it. I can only tell if the plant's already dead because I know jackshit of plants compared to her.

One thing I'll tell you though. Flowers? Never man. The have almost no smell 80% of the year, and then spring hits and they stink up the place. I mean, sure they smell nice. But try tying a bouquette under your nose and walk around with getting sick and tired of it.

You want leafy shit, with large green leaves.
Some cactus smell nice too (with pretty flowers) but I don't know much about those. They're more a curiosity of mine.

That's not a nice thing to say.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin

Nice, thanks my dude.

The intro of which is taken from this

Regarding movies: it makes me sort of sad that so many people spend their money on capeshit. I don't even blame the movie studios for making them since people will go pay for them.

It does bum me out that almost everything is a remake (usually just recasting with more black people/women), a book adaptation, a video game adaptation, a sequel/prequel, etc. I was actually just discussing this with my mother the other night, and I ended up looking up the top 20 grossing movies for the past three years (as in 2014, 2015, and this year so far) just to see how accurate I was with my claim that everything was a remake/sequel/adaptation. Each year only had about three or four original screenplays, while everything else was a remake/sequel/adaptation, and each year had about 25% of the top 20 grossing movies be capeshit; Thor, Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America (I think there were two of them), Ant-Man, Deadpool, Batman vs Superman, and I think Spider-Man was even there.

Didn't say that didn't happen.
But don't act like that's most of the "market".
Music like that is actually considered a nich.
Niggers and Wiggers don't actually buy that much music. Teens (especially girls) buy them by the hundreads. Their music is the one that represents the largest piece of the market.

Shit, Justin Bieber might be the best example even. He was HUGE in the industry. And I by that I mean everyone hated the faggot, because they knew he wasn't talented and had no place there, but the money-cocks put him there, and if you were an artist who insulted the little faggot in public, you'd ruin your image and piss off some jewish publishers.

He was manufactured, sold and spent. He's either overdosing in heroin before turning 30, or gets lucky and signs a proper publishing contract after taking some lessons and making his own songs.

Here's a list I made of the best houseplants when I moved into a house a while ago. They all purify bad shit out of the air. Some purify more bad shit than others.

NASA found this plant to be the best at removing airborne toxins. Can survive indoors.

Smells nice too.

They are very resilient, don't need much to stay alive.

Looks pretty cool. Great hanging plant.

And you can use it for medicinal purposes.

Can get pretty tall.

Looks cool but toxic to dogs and cats.

Just kill me now

*GiTS movie I meant

BTW for any anons that want to find good music, I highly recommend using the program soulseek.

Thanks mangus, I'll check these greenies out.

I don't hate niggers or whatever. It's just that I'm not one myself, so as I get older their music gets steadily more irrelevant to me.

And I can't see anything relevant in the self-hate of those two wiggers.

Google gave me this:
landscaping.about.com/od/fragrantplants/a/fragrant_plants.htm
Might be funny if you have cats.
And two more:
bhg.com/gardening/houseplants/projects/top-fragrant-houseplants/
Out of the whole list, this is one I don't recomend. It does smell nice, so be sure to try it, but if you're like me, you'll find it too strong. I like subtle.
apartmenttherapy.com/5-fragrant-plants-for-a-small-86631
Same for mint here. But I don't like mint anywhere, so that's an opinion.

As always, plants don't always smell the same or with the same intensity, and people sense smells slightly diferent from people to people.
If you're buying for yourself, just pick something you like. If you're buying for an house were more people live, make sure it's a subtle smell, or something they like too.
If you're buying for decoration, remember that small plants need to be at chest level (or slightly higher) medium plants need a large vase (knee-high) and that same high above and large plants should always be up against walls, with some support.
Never let leaves "fall" where you usually walk. Brushing against plants frequently causes their leaves to fall after you do it a bunch of times and that might dry them. Same goes for cutting them, some plants are more sensative to losing leaves than others. If it dries, oh well, you know better next time.

In any case, I have only a passing interest in plants. IF you want sugestions, or to know more always do what I do: ask someone who knows his shit.
If you have a shop nearby that sells plants? Strike a conversation about them with the owner. People usually love to talk about the shit they sell anyway.
Just make sure you actually buy one or two though or he might get pissy.

Doesn't that one have seeds that come in pods?
I might be confusing the name.
A few miles from where I live, 4 dipshits got the seed pods of a plant that I think was a Dracaena and made tea with it to get high.
From their results, I'd say it's toxic for dogs, cats AND humans.

According to your rambling, art has the exact same meaning as aesthetics. Thus having no meaning or worth of it's own.

I've been listening to some Japanese music and Classical for some 25+ years. There was a brief stint in high school where I listened to negro rhythms but that quickly died out. It simply doesn't speak to me whatsoever, yet, amazingly enough, some Japanese songs speak to me even when I don't know what is being said, somehow I can tell though, and when I find translated lyrics I'm amazed that the song is so relatable – there is an intrinsic understanding. That's because the inspiration comes and wraps around you like a warm blanket. The same can be said about music that has no words, yet you can still understand what may be going on just by the notes.

That's inspired art and modern music doesn't really have that ability. Most cultural machinations today are base, base and mundane.

Yeah it's probably toxic to humans too. Just humans aren't usually dumb enough to eat random shit. Usually.

And the fucking funny thing is, Smells like Teens spirit, Kurt Cobain himself just did that as a copy of a song he loved, the cheesy Boston song "More than a feeling".

Everything is also so overly sexualized nowadays. And they promote this shit to young teens. Fuck'em!

You know, I was gonna chime in on this, but houseplant kikes ruined what was otherwise a good thread.

What is suprising to me though, is Billy Corgan seems to be one of the good guys.

Basically the '80s were the last decade white males still retained some hope of winning white females, white is what the flamboyant style of the music of that decade was all about. Today they vainly try to out-negro the negros. And lose miserably.

In the meanwhile, the economy of former white countries goes Africa too.

*which is what

basically you have to do a Martin Luther on the original sin of slavery: our sin is so great (alternatively has been made so great by our spiritual overlords [yea, those guys]) that we can never redeem ourselves, so we just drop the subject and do our own thing, like we used to.

There are more serious artists and musicians active today than at any time in history. Turn off the radio & MTV entertainment cancer.

It's because you didn't rock a strap on with a wig & repeat the same words over and over again with the same mindless beat thats use in every song, bitchs/niggs love when you repeat words "word" word sun! word uhh! word you feel me word.

You're right. I don't listen to the radio, but I also don't buy music. I'm essentially your audience. The only way you can make money at this point is to tour 10 months out of the year and hope someone like me goes to a show and buys a t-shirt.

Even big label musicians have to slave away to make a fraction of what they could have made a decade ago. I can only imagine how bad it is for an independent musician.

It's the same with mainstream movies. If your only source of movies/music is coming from jews in Los Angeles, then you are doing it wrong.

Welcome newfriend

Your dad said the same thing. And your dad's dad. It wasn't that much better in the 90's, you just have your rose colored nostalgia glasses on.

Every generation has different taste in what they consider cutting edge and cool. Just because you consider Kurt Cobain 2kewl4skewl doesn't mean it was any better than what we have now. That guy was a feminist faggot anyway.

H-E-L-L-O

Everything is pozzed these days.
Puts it pretty well.

When I was younger I thought 80's were shit. Now I love all of it. I listen to older jazz, classical, 60's, 70's and a lot of pop up until about 2005. After about 2005 the poz factor on everything has gone to 11. I also spend time learning the piano now instead of listening to the musical jew for one more second, you can get pianos on craigslist for free most days of the week around a major city.

I disagree that there is a lot of talent out there that is just ignored by the music industry. The music industry is already dead with the internet and file sharing. It's a rotting corpse that simply hasn't been buried yet. On the other hand high quality computer based digital recording consoles and studio quality microphones are ridiculously cheap these days, as is the FREE distribution to anyone with an internet connection. Given these two factors music should actually be getting BETTER as the hidden talents can more easily rise to the top. The fact that they haven't yet tells me that we've lost the culture war and the demographic war. Our collective IQ is already dropping due to half the younger population in the US being low IQ beaners. When is the last time you heard of a mexican musician? We are already living in idocracy.

I'm going to have to school you faggots on Kurt Cobain.

He was a feminist. An actual male feminist who hung out with rrriioooot grrrrrls in the 90's like Kathleen Hanna from Bikini Kill in the liberal cesspool that is Seattle.

A stronk independent womyn wrote on a wall in graffiti "Kurt Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Kurt then used that as a song title.

Nothing grinds my gears more than young fags who cock worship men like Kurt Cobain as if he was some kind of last stand of white maleness in pop culture. The guy was a depressed, confused guy in a dress who died knowing he was a jewish puppet. Jews needed guys like him in the 90's because niggers were still too scary for white suburban children and the kikes at MTV needed to push the envelope in safe-not-safe way.

Now that niggers are finally in the mainstream and racemixing is fashionable, guys like Kurt Cobain, Marilyn Manson and Eminem are no longer needed.

So sit back, relax and grow old knowing that in 15 years some little faggot is going to ranting and raving on how The Weeknd was "the last good music, he could have sang over pots and pans in the street man! What happened to good music!"

This was acceptable and praiseworthy in the 80's

Lyrics:

What's the matter with the way we look?
Surely it's not the end
I only meant to make my motions clear
You worry too much if it's understood
Should we be seen as friends?
Seems like a real good beginning right here

'Cause when your heart is weak
I'm gonna pick the lock on it
My fingertips won't fail me
No matter what you do
The love you cannot see yet
Is about to witness a dawning
And you can twist and turn
But you won't get loose

This white guy would be called a stalker today

Wow user, you've wildly misread his post.

Pretty much. There is a ton of good music being made in pretty much every worthwhile genre though, and people pushing boundaries in lots of interesting directions, they're just not making very much money for the most part.

I think the shittyness of the corporate maingstream, particularly in music, less so (but increasingly) in film as well, is probably more due to the availability of independent options for distribution and sale of your own goods, and the increasing awareness that the corporate music (and film) machine exists to use you up, make millions off of you, and leave you as penniless as possible.

When there are platforms like bandcamp, and you can easily distribute your music to every popular music service (spotify, itunes, amazon, etc…) for a price that even a complete NETE can easily afford, and it's actually possible to get popular enough through these methods and the use of promotion through youtube and other social media to make a very modest living, or possibly (if you're actually really good and lucky) do well for yourself, there's extremely little incentive for genuinely talented musicians who know how good they are to get involved with major labels.

Film/tv is a way more expensive medium and hasn't been nearly as destroyed and made irrelevant by the internet and cheap digital technology as the music industry has, but it's going that way. We see the fall of TV, the rise of Youtube celebrities who's overhead is literally the cost of a laptop, cam, mic, and maybe some lights. If it somehow became feasible to create high quality cinema with no money and distribute it independently on the internet (what's happened to music) the film industry would be done.

I actually think the rise of VR will be a major player in the last stages of the downfall of the old 2d visual media empires. Imagine most people in the industrialized world have VR setups, VR is now connected to the internet for multiplayer, someone makes something like Gary's mod for VR - basically an easy world creator where you can make single or multiplayer experiences. Visiting people's weird shitty mysterious world's all day would be infinitely more entertaining than 2d media, and would be IMO way more entertaining than any AAA "gaming" experience made by big companies for VR.

But anyway, yeah if you're only engaging with corporate media music, film, tv, etc. is absolute soul destroying garbage. If you look outside of there, at least for music, we're in somewhat of a golden age. You just have to find ways of sorting through the ocean of mediocre stuff that's now available because it's so cheap and easy to record and distribute music.

Sounds like a souped up version of second life.

Would it really be that popular? I mean, I don't game the whole day, I still read books and go on here?

I think it would get incredibly popular with young people to whom VR was just a normal thing like vid games were to us. It would be like a weird kind of social media (you could meet people there, free of the social difficulties of actually interacting in the physical world, it would quickly become a way you could make friends or find an internet waifu, your world would also be a kind of blogpost or profile, your own self expression that could make people like you), and more than anything it would be mysterious and genuinely interesting and deep feeling even though the content would be weird and shitty.

Remember how old games were super entertaining because you always knew there was some weird place in some corner where you could clip through a wall or something, or just walk backward on a level forever, and eventually find somewhere you weren't supposed to be, whether there wer easter eggs there, or it was just a weird wasteland you weren't supposed to find? Every user created world would be full of that kind of stuff because they would be people's personal creations, not made with any regard for what a "game" is supposed to be (and VR world's shouldn't be regarded as "games" anyway, they are an entirely new medium, you're making a fake world, it could have a game in it, or it could just be a place, and as the new player, you don't know which it is, adding to the sense of depth and mystery).

There would be creepy, deep web darkness style worlds that people would make serial killer conspiracies about, weird cicada style worlds, all kinds of shit, and you would never know what kind of thing you were about to get into. Even once you were in a world for a long time, you would never know if there was some weird corner where you could find a whole new place with a completely different kind of content.

Rambling but, I think the potential social aspect would make it extremely popular with young people.

Though, perhaps it's a bit to immersive, what all forms of media have in common, is that there is a distance between the media and the user, walking though a dark forest in a vidya, is not the same as VR.

I could imagine many people not enjoying the experience, because it's to real to them.

Old people for sure. Kiddies would just see it as normal.

But would they, do you think that a horror game is the same on a screen as it is on a vr headset?

Because that would cross a line between real and unreal.

Definitely it's totally different. But not everything would be a scary horror game, that would probably be a small percentage, most people would make nicey nice sunshine worlds.

In lots of demos of VR I've seen, people do get startled by things, have reactions as though the things are really there, but they always seem to be really excited about it in the end rather than scared away.

And people would get desensitized really fast, just like how gore and even various bullshit that's a lot less extreme on the internet used to have a debilitating effect on pretty much everyone, and now almost anything but the very most super extreme stuff is just like, eh, gross, whatever…

So you admit there is an intensity to VR games not found in regular games, that might not appeal to everyone?

Your answer is there in the sentence and in my previous replies. Some people, mostly older people wouldn't accept it (until everyone did and eventually your mom was on VR just like she's on facebook now), but most people, and young people especially will just be intrigued and get into it.

One of the original films for the big screen, where the train came at the audience, freaked everyone out at first, and people said the exact same things you're saying now, but people quickly got used to it and movies did alright in the end.

Except, that most people who play extreme sport games would never actually play extreme sports, VR makes it more real, thus less entertaining for many people.

Either you understand what I am talking about or you don't and I see no use in going on with this.

False comparison, a film is not vr, that train sequence is not a jump scare for example, which does scare a lot of people.

It makes you wonder how far VR could be pushed before uncanny valley sets in.

People have a natural repulsion to the unnatural. No amount of desensitization could really prevent this.

Well duh. That open letter to warner summed up who keeps their jobs and who packs their shit and gtfo.

Soon

I have a feeling that the type of person who will really go deep into VR is already slightly off from the regular person who likes video games and films, you increase the immersion and less and less people will enjoy less and less content.

I understand what you're saying. You're just wrong. Everyone who tries VR loves it pretty much. If the general consensus was that it was scary and sucked, I would just admit that because it would be true, but it's not true. There is plenty of data to draw on at this point to say that people in general really like VR.

Uncany valley would only be a concern for experiences that focused on realistic graphics. if you just keep character models and real people's avatars kinda shitty, but maybe with a real face video feed for real people in multiplayer worlds or something, I don't think it's a problem.

Nope, tried explaining it three times, still not getting it, is not my problem.

Except his "music" was shit.

Except VR extreme sports would be effortless compared to IRL extreme sports. You'd never confuse the two.

Besides, a lot of vidya and real life just don't mesh. I'm never going to find slaughtering alien armies in VR utterly immersive, no matter how "real" it feels.

good thing I went on 4chan's /mu/ back in the day and don't need to fret over finding good music ever again in my life.

best advice is to expand your horizons. when I first got into music, I only cared for folk. hahaha, how silly.

pic 1 is an mu user who found a redpill
pic 2 is my top 100

You know, Zuck, you need to learn that people drooling over novelty is different from them actually liking the thing.

Heh, I see the argument, but I think the appeal and actual value of VR goes way beyond novelty. It's a new medium and the fact that there will very quickly be tools allowing regular people with not a ton of money to start creating for the medium gives it huge potential. It's a medium that's basically starting out where the music industry started crashing because of the internet and the availability of cheap, high quality recording gear, and I think, like the current music landscape, there will be a lot of blah boring stupid AAA corporate content, and a seething underbelly of weird user made shit, some of which will be absolutely amazing.

Heres a new one for you metalheads in here. Metalsucks tried to slander these guys calling them nazis because KK Warslut was shitting on antifa on stage. After D666 got a bunch of death threats from the tolerance brigade, kike Axl Rosenberg of Metalsucks had to apologize to D66

All in all, this album makes me want to smash commie skulls.

I don't dare to look up what he has to say nowadays, I couldn't imagine someone like him being a cultural marxist but damn its certainly in his blood to do so and I don't want to spoil my view of him as a great frontman

You are probably talking about "thorn apple, angels trumpet" Datura Stromonium. The seeds ground up into a powder can cause very strange effects, and heart attack.
It was what made Don Quixote charge windmills believing they were giants. Supposedly.
It's a very beautiful plant, makes a great companion plant as it attracts bugs away from other crop plants, this gives you an early warning against infestation.

what cha sliding, moshe?

This also explains pretty perfectly what happened to animation in America. A movie like Heavy Metal could never be made in America ever again. Just because of the simple fact that nobody in America knows how to even draw let alone animate like that in anymore.

Not to split hairs but Heavy Metal was Canadian

Western animation in general is indeed dead though, no debating that

One thing not lacking Hollywood is fellatio skills.

I agree that the 80s were probably the last gasping breath of white inspiration attempting to restore itself in the west (previous ones were the Romantic era which ended around the 1900s (officially ending, in my mind, in 1945) and the Renaissance). These days though, I feel the inspiration has moved eastward (away from the jews), or at the very least we can catch a reflection of it to remind ourselves of who or what we were.

LOL. ok dude.

The problem is not a lack of talent. It's an industry that has no interest in funding anything good.

Unfortunately you are right. And it's the sad conclusion to this thread.

It's really not lack of talent in music or movies but the jew's stranglehold on media that is causing the death of it.

That picture is great. Really sums up the ignorance and entitlement of feminists.

Also, check it.

The owner kirtaner of 420chan got banned from SA for cp and is good friends with zoey quinn

Apparently hes currently thinking of deleting 420/pol/ because they can't handle the bantz and trump as of late

Otherwise the site is alright

I guess I'll have to check myself before I wreck myself?

This is true but most real musicians are good enough to get noticed. The question is would you rather make money or cry on /pol about not selling out?

style? collab via cloud?

I usually have to look back at movies, specifically those that were released years ago to find what's worth watching. Pic related was what I watched a few weeks ago, and it was a lot of fun.

This radio station is comfy as shit, thanks for the tip.

Excellent read that sums up my attitudes on the subject of art. Thanks for sharing.

Good, now why not realize it's the same with Hollywood?

Just when I think you cant get any dumber, you surprise me. Thanks, made my day.

Regarding media, you're right.

Culture, music, literature and so on, none of it was ever supposed to be a profit-based venture. Before the Jews rekt everything, you'd have something like a town dance now and then, with music played by a real person and a dance participated in by the townspeople, for no money at all but just a shared bonding experience. Culture was never supposed to be profit-based, that is a Jewish paradigm. Jews don't really understand why you'd do anything for 'friendship' rather than money, though.

Kirtaner and his bitch of a gf (goes by Spardot) are huge SJWs, and the latter is your typical "LOL GUISE I AM A GURL"-tier cunt. I've talked to them plenty of times since I use /wooo/ on occasion, and they're retarded. They actually don't even live too far from me… two votes for Trudeau, I'm sure.

Thanks, user. I'll check it out.

Have a pic of a qt (well, cozy artwork) for your troubles.

This guy takes you to another plane of existence.

I think the post-rock stuff is pretty good. It is not popular but good music generally isn't recognized at the time it produce. I suspect that anything good being produced will have to wait for its time.

Thanks for the link, user. A happier music from simpler times is exactly what I need right now.

Highly recommend The Ranch. Dad is played by Sam Elliott and he's a gruff, old school cowboy. Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson, both from that 70's show, play his sons. Kutcher is prodigal son who left farm to be a big football star but a few concussions later and he's forced to return home a washout. Kids help out on the ranch, dad pretty much shakes his head at all their fuckery

Only see a few signs of pozzing so far:
>no faggotry yetthank God

Overall, it seems pretty anti-pozzed. Might do a thread about it.

Anyone else here watching?

tl;dr - The Ranch on Netflix is about as closed to non-pozzed as you'll get on (((network tv))) these days

**Correction, it seems pretty non-pozzed, it hasn't gone full anti yet.

The anime movie was already an adaptation of a manga. But the weaboo retards here will always pretend that the anime market is a bastion of originality.

Threads like this make me smile. I pretty much spent the majority of my teen and young adult years refining my talents as a writer. I wanted so damn bad to break in, be it in comics, movies, novels, whatever. I'd like to think I got pretty damn good at it too. Somewhere along the way I took the redpill and realized it doesn't matter how good I got, if i'm not willing to suck jewish dick or write about faggots, or be born a jewish faggot myself, i'd forever face an uphill climb. "But that doesn't make sense," I reasoned angrily, "if creation isn't a meritocracy eventually the quality of material is going to collapse. The industry is only going to fill up with talentless hacks who got their position because of connections or other backstage fuckery."

Sure enough, here we are. It's so gratifying to know that even if I never make, i'll know I was right.

somewhat related, one thing I've noticed with recent music videos is they are incredibly low budget. I'm on the fence with their outlet these days. Kids stream shit off their phone all the time but not necessarily music videos and MTV and what not don't really exist as they did during my youth.

So maybe it's a cut that makes sense as you don't get as much out of a music video these days but when even the heavy hitters like Rihanna, Tay Tay, Justin Timberlake or even rappers that are all about stunting, don't really have the faux epic shit of 10 -20 years ago.

we live in a capitalist society, if you wanted success and money you would supply what the public is demanding, that means young teen harry potter type faggotry or game of thrones faggotry, then it gets made into a movie or iv show and then you make the real money.

Actually right now from what i heard the big jew publishers are getting wreckt by online publishing and ereaders

Never say never. I don't know if their collapse will be this year or a bit further away, the fact is they're going down. Jews cannot survive in a true meritocracy, but you can. They've tried to go against nature itself, and in doing so guaranteed their own eventual destruction.

I don't know what the bullet will be that does them in, or where it will come from, but I know it's coming. They're having to dodge exponentially more bullets as time goes on, and at some point one is guaranteed to connect.

I hanged around their IRC a few years ago.
Spardot was kinda cool and relaxed. Funny too.
Problem is when she got PMS. On those days, she and another bitch there were, well, bitches I guess. I remember a guy joining, and Spardot going "GO HI YOURSELF, FUCKER" and kicking the guy out.
I mean, it was funny for a few seconds, then you start thinking how the guy feels and maybe how the other 15 or 16 guys kicked like that felt too.

Never really had a problem with her, Loskene (dunno if that faggot still iddles with them) was a power tripping faggot. First day he saw me there, the guy hated me and I have no idea why. I don't even live in the same continent.
Kirt was kinda chill and knew cool shit about vydia.

Sucks to hear about his new choice of companions though. I remember him ragging about SA and he seemed to hate that place.
Maybe all ex-goons like Zoey and the like hate it? I never really understood that, maybe they were kicked out, or there was board-fighting like here?

yea but they learn to adapt. all media has and always will be basically a front for advertising. Conde Nast bought reddit for example, HuffPo and facebook's partnership or whatever that is etc.

These are made as they're pulling further out of the things like newspapers. Playboy isn't even putting nudes in anymore trying to get at a younger audience.

I'm not gonna say that Game of Thrones is good or bad (I have reason to think both things) but it does feel a niche in the market.

Consider that after a few Dungeons & Dragons movies, a shit-ton of vikings movies (dunno why those became popular and then disappeared) people kinda wanted something medieval, with fantasy but "mature".
GoT kinda delivers on all that. We can argue about the politics of the story, the retarded hackjob the TV series did, or even some of the dumbest points in the books themselves, but the simplest explanation as to why it's doing so well is the lack of competition. How many series do you know currently airing that do something similar?
And in case you think of any, does your average normalfag even know that thing exist?

It's also one of the reasons the system is failing : no competition. Even something poor and mediocre can get by raking in millions.
We can put on our tinfoil hats and talk about the jews making a concerted efort to erase competition, but if you veer to the music industry, no tinfoil required:
Every producer will have exactly ONE boysband or talentless schmuck being promoted. He won't have more (or if he does, they'll get no marketing) so they don't have competition.

Consider this: in 1860, in the dawn of cinema, people used to say "This film is better than that one."
In 2016, you can hear only two things: "This is shit because I don't like it." or "This is great because I like it."

there are different types of writing, shit like genre fiction, fantasy, scifi, mystery, horror.

Then you get the high brow fiction about normal people, or like some experimental post modern encyclopedic novel written in tweets that is actually about the drug epidemic in the Appalachian mountains, david foster Wallace, pynchon, cormac mccarthy, etc

Guess which one makes more money?

Game of thrones brings nothing new to the table, just an american rehash of lord of the rings type fantasy.

Why not create an american fantasy?
Maybe set it in some alternate version of the wild west.
Or like be experimental, do a generic fantasy but the main character is a schizophrenic who slowly goes insane over the course of the book.

Anyways, if i were a hack genre fiction writer i would choose horror and use it as mode to subtly bash the jews and liberals lel.

We're exactly at the same point we were before grunge.
And the underground scene is energetic again..

Prepare anuses.

too optimistic, the powers that be keep pushing this sjw narrative, so i imagine they will keep pushing niggers and shitty pop music for eternity even if it loses them money and renders art completely stagnate and irrelevant.

Fuck off, this is as bad as mgtow faggots who claim all women are whores just because they're too lazy and/or ugly to get a girl

Being critical of art is not worship of nostalgia.
The people who worship top 40 pop music in order to try to be contrarian are just as bad as the 12 year olds in youtube comment sections who worship queen, they both think they are better than other people.

yes, you are soooo superior for liking popular music that everyone on the fucking planet likes, you are such an out there hipster and not someone with his head up his ass.

The embrace of pop music was the embrace of mediocrity that led us to this stagnate present

sounds like market opportunity

It's also partly because Michael Jackson died. He set the bar and they were all trying to compete with him but now that he's not around they don't really know what to do so there's just all the degenerate crap like Lady Gaga.

That Panda song is apparently trap music. Broads in Atlanta drink Fanta.

Jesus never commented on Mick Jagger in any of the Synoptic Gospels.

Just rest in the comfort that they all had to either blow or fuck pic related for their boy band careers. (And he's experiencing all the BBC he can handle in federal prison.)

That's obviously fiction. Trump hasn't been in 28th Street subway since the 70s.

It's really ignorance, and laughable from someone who has been in biz since the Property 215 days.. I know a little kid with Dravet syndrome that needs DUDE WEED LMAO.

Focus your attention elsewhere, there are too many of us and medicine is never dyslexic while prohibition always is.

Not my point either.
You're right, it's nothing new.
I'm asking you to look at what's currently airing.
The closest thing I saw on TV was a series about vikings. And most people just dismiss vikings as "those barbarians from the nords obsessed with axes".

GoT, at it's worst, is a series set in a medieval era. It has enough "magic & Fantasy" to appear interesting without being too fantastical that it repels normalfags. It also has rape and sex, violence galore and romance. And there's an "intricate" plot for people who like that shit. Or simpleer characters that you can obsess over if you can't follow the plot.

See where I'm going with this? We can discuss wether it's a good series or not, but that's a topic for Holla Forums.
For this thread, I'm arguing that it's a series that has something to offer to anyone. Does it do it well? Absolutely irrelevant. You might be able to look at it objectively and review it on it's own merits. In fact, lots of people here can do that, some better than me I'm sure.

But we're talking about normalfags, you know, the guys who can't shut up about Cercei on facebook and Twitter? Those guys see something as good when it's better than something else. When people don't have a critical mind, they are unable to use any kind of metric to judge something. Instead they do the lazy thing of comparing it to something else.

Come on user, you've seen people like this talk around you I'm sure. They'll say "This X is better than that Y" far more often than "X is good". And sometimes they don't even know WHY it's better, or even if it indeed is. They just "know" or "think" it's better.

Now add to this abhorrent behaviour the lack of competition I mentioned. There simply isn't a show doing the same thing.
Remember CSI? That had competition from 4 or 5 other crime investigation series. And it was laughed at because even as shitty as all the alternatives were, CSI managed to be worse than them all.
It ain't the case here. GoT takes the prize home simply for existing. It's "good" because it's all there is in it's niche.

My wish was for someone to take Mount & Blade and make a series about that. The chronicles of Butter King and how Rodoks buttfuck animals in the mountains.
But that's not happening because it doesn't tick as many checkboxes as GoT so it wouldn't be as popular/have a target demografic as large and thus, not be profitable for the studio making it.

that is new zappa
listen to some old zappa

Fuck, I still have this album lying around. Gotta load that back onto my sansa clip.

YAYYYYYY
another ancient fag

If it's any consolation the previous generation was just the same. I nearly fucked the 1995 version of Zoe Quinn Last I heard she found some beta with a drug plan in New Hampshire.

My opinion about drugs is that they're usually not worth it. At least to me. I'm not used to them so I can take 4-5 puffs out of a joint and be already stoned. Also tried a line of some white powder once (no idea what it was). Great for what, 15 minutes? High-energy, previous drunkness gone, great. But after those 15 minutes I just kinda crash. And a line of those costs about 5$ here. That's 5$ for 15 minutes of entertainment. I already think 5$ for a movie ticket is a rip off, and that's 90 minutes.

But on the other hand, I had the oportunity to try them out for myself because my country doesn't hunt for drug dealers as harshly as America. And that's my second point, prohibition and making something that the people want to try illegal never suceced.

It amazes americans actually went ahead with the "war on drugs" when it's pretty much a repeat of that "dry law" you guys had. I think that's the name at least.
All that law did was:
a)Blackmarket, loss of tax money
b)Synthetic or homemade version of the product start cropping up and people die from consuming badly made shit
c)People who end up consuming it are ostracized and vilified instead of getting help to cease.
d)The subject becomes taboo and noone is willing to discuss it. New generations pop up and grow up knowing nothing about drugs and end up putting themselves at risk because of curiosity.

Here in Portugal, one of the hardest problems we had to face was our own soldiers returning from the african colonies loaded with drugs they found there. They spread that shit everywhere, and created a market. And people willing tried it because fuck it, noone knew what that shit was or what it actually did.
It got bad enough to start disrupting nearly half our entire workforce back in 1980 if I'm not mistaken.

The americans solution was to consider it a crime.
The Portuguese solution was to consider a public health issue.
And juding by the results both countries had?
I'm gonna tell you: you can treat a disease. You can't treat crime.
I completely understand why people don't like stoners or other junkies though. You might know one or two more moderates take take a pill of E once a month to get their jollies, but the number of crazed brain-fried whackos far outnumbers them.

Eh, most people here will have similar stories, I'd wager. I was a fucking betamax projector back in highschool. I went to incredible lenghts to try and get a girl to like me.
After all these years, I realize I was chasing a 4/10 girl with psychotic problems. And a feminist. Not even recently, she was already feminist back then, my dumb 15 yo ass was too dumb to even realize what that meant.
Nowadays I don't even give a shit about girls. I'm waiting to for a contract to be finalized so I get a stable job, then I'll worry about getting a girl. Right now, the only one's that appear just want sex, which hey, don't let me stop you, but I'm looking for a solid relationship, not a cheaper hooker.

zappa had some pretty conservative views, i think he was a libertarian, he made a whole album trashing the hippie movement

the war on drugs was just a good excuse to throw dirty hippies and niggers in prison.

Nixon and the FBI check mated those dirty hippie retards

There will always be good music. You just have to know where to look for.

Vid related is Nokturnal Mortum, a Folk Symphonic BM. Anyone that likes metal will appreciate it for the masterpiece it is. They even make it better live from 6:18.

No they didn't mate.
They gave them a roof, two meals per day and, if they want, free education.
And YOU are paying for it.

In fact, I have my suspecions that at the time, the private jail business was cropping up, and if you owned a private jail, you wanted "costumers". And that means lobbying like you never lobbied before to get some crime that outcasts commit to be considered "terrible" and "heinous".

I mean, ever wondered why you get 20 years of jail for dealing dope, but 5 years for manslaughter?
And a more important question: who is making money with it?

I'm no expert, and to be honest, haven't bothered to dig any deeper than that.
But the whole thing looks like a business, and business do all they can to find costumers.

I think Zappa's dad was a navy officer responsible for getting the US into the Vietnam war.
What a coincidence huh?

If Kutcher is in it, it'll likely go poz.

that was jim morrisons dad, who was also in the military, there is actually a conspiracy theory that a lot of the musician back then were actually controlled opposition.
But then you take into account that everyone got drafted back then so…

You forget that the whole music/movement from the 60's was basically a CIA-thing. The Hippie-thing, to control and subvert the youth of that generation, so they would have less babies and don't think about decent living since things already back then were going down the crappers.

Especially at the same time as they pushed to end the apartheid and force white kids in with beasts known as niggers.

It was ALL of their parents
WEIRD SCENES INSIDE THE CANYON
LAUREL CANYON, COVERT OPS & THE DARK HEART OF THE HIPPIE DREAM
By Dave Mcgowan

hristodonev.eu/157/weird-scenes-inside-the-canyon-laurel-david-mcgowan-nick-bryant-id89514.pdf

People don't buy music because they like it the most, they buy it because they're trying to be fashionable in their peer group. People don't go to see Marvel movies or watch GoT because they're good, they watch them because they have been marketed so damn hard and are the first thing people think of when they have free time.

People buy this shit because they ARE mindless drones. People will buy any dogshit. The more shit it is the easier it is to sell to people, if it takes any cranial power at all to follow then you just lost a buyer. All this 'inclusivity' PC shit is mainly just about selling more shit to more stupid people. It's even worse today because entertainment is made for a global audience not just an anglophonic one. Basically globalization and Jews is why popular entertainment is now low quality shit.

My advice is start going to non-pozzed theater productions, mostly watch films from the 70s and earlier and consider anything which is marketed to be shit. Take recommendations only from people you respect, never advertising.

Game music went to shit too when everyone started imitating movie soundtracks instead of ripping off pop music.

What did he mean by this?

You can't dox someone based on a track that no-one fucking knows.

Your music so much to the point that no-one gives a shit about your music.

Post a unreleased track you faggot.

Postan grade A-comfy to deflect the bad feels due to music going to shit.

Headphones, user. In olden times they looked like ear muffs nowadays they look like safety equipment for people who work in heavily noise polluted areas.

I will, some day. I want the title the "American Tolkien". I want to create an American mythology, just as Tolkien did for the British. I just need to read more history and think of how I'd be able to begin it.

The industry has been shit ever since it started to echo.

Oh wow user, thanks.
I'm listening through their tracks. I think I'm gonna pirate their shit for now, but do they have a bandcamp or something? I can throw some money their way a couple months from now, and I wouldn't mind having them making more of it.

I mean, just listen to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=JgVWJkc5gXE
I wanted to post it, but I see you already posted it on another thread. Fine work user.
This isn't just manly as fuck, it's relaxing and soothing at the same time. I don't think I ever heard anything doing that before.

This might be one of the reasons I'm trying so hard to get this job and stop being a NEET. I don't suport enjoying good artists without suporting them.

They have a bandcamp, and I couldn't find Uncle Touchy Goes to College to pirate, so yeah, in any case, if you find a link to the album, could you throw it my way?

Hunting for it.
Torrentz going down alongside Kat.cr really hampered how I find shit. And google certainly doesn't help, bunch of bullshit websites with "CLICK HERE FOR FREE TORRENT FILE AND VIRUS"
If all else fails, gotta rip their vids from youtube and extract just the music.

Woah, that's amazing.

Well, shit, those guys have a ton more albuns than I imagined.
I'm uploading that one to mega though, give me a few minutes.

But here:
thedreadnoughts.bandcamp.com/album/uncle-touchy-goes-to-college
If you guys got the money, I advise you support them.
Shit, the album is easily worth 15$.

Nice dubs. I've recently been on a Little House on the Prairie (no homo) kick. Should be required viewing for those who browse Holla Forums.

Dubs win again. Same here, user. Same here. I just hope that one day my grandchildren stumble across this old man's soundcloud.

Tell me if you guys can open this.
I forgot to log in before uploading and I'm not sure if Mega works properly without an account or not.
mega.nz/#fm/sckhzQSa

Nope, just opens my Mega.

Ah fuck it, I'll get their other album and make a proper folder for it then.

Thanks m8. I would honestly buy their albums, but I'm literally sitting on 4.32$. on my credit card

this.

this is the same shit on american idol. its actually worse for you to get 1st because you are forced to sign a contract i believe?

whoever gets in 2nd has control and can free agent it (like what daughtry did)

in fact look at this shit season 5: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_(season_5)#The_finale

theres 4 people on that list (daughtry mcphee pickler and mandisa) who have gone on to be famous and do really well, yet the dude who came first nobody has even heard of

funny shit

You are so fucking stupid it hurts.

Here it is:
mega.nz/#F!K8gHUagL

Still hunting for the other album.
Keep the thread alive, it's confy.

It might be because you're so inbred and foreign to the culture that created it that you're incapable to appreciate it.

Just so you guys don't think i'm one of those delusional faggots pissing in the wind, I did some freelance stuff online that managed to get me noticed by a magazine publisher who commissioned me to write five or six pieces for them. The editor said they got great response and he personally considered one of them the best thing he'd ever read in the magazine. I've written articles that have gotten thousands of views (which doesn't sound like much, but considering the relative size of the market I was writing for, it is) and one of my TV reviews got solicited for a blurb by a major network for their DVD packaging.

Still plugging away at it, really thinking long and fucking hard about writing eBooks.

No it's because you're a moron.

There's two reasons to admire classical art:
a)Craftsmanship
b)Beauty
For the record, I'm a very pragmatic and practical person. It's kinda the bread and butter when you get into engineering. I DO appreciate function over form when it comes to practical things. I don't give two shits if the new iPhone has rounded corners with a speck of silver in the back. If the screen is unresponsive, or it has a 10 minute batery, it's unredeamable shit, and that's it. Never bought an apple product though.

But when it comes to art, function is not something you worry because ART ITSELF IS IT'S OWN FUCNTION.
Art servers art first and foremost.
First, there's the craftsmanship. This one is easy to explain when you look at something like the Pyramids. It's a pile of bricks. It's a neatly packed pile, yes, but it's just bricks.
What causes awe and admiration for them is the fact you can look at them and understand what it took to pile the bricks that way. The ammount of work, the ammount of planning, the years of resources and economical strain, the devotion of the people who bought, paid or worked for it.

Same goes for a classic painting, where the author used different techniques. Some to create a lightning effect, some to accentuate physiognomy of a character. The pallet choice and deliberation of the amount of each color, the precision of his brush.
It's for that reason you look at post-modern art and know it sucks: it's just a splash of paint in a canvas, it didn't take any craftsmanship to build, just some weird pills the guy found on the floor.

Do you need to be a painter to understand all this? No. You need only to know the basics of how such a painting is created. And then knowing more, you'll only deepen the sense of awe.
I play saxophone for instance. While I like most kinds of music, the strictly instrumental ones are the most interesting to me, because I know what starting a note is like and how it should be done, how the note is kept in the air, how much effort goes into changing how loud or quiet and how to "close" every single note so you can start the next one. Moments by moments within each music than I can truly appreciate for the skill they require. Anyone can blow air into a pile of metal and make a sound. It takes a real musician to get a crystal clear note, dance with it for the split second it lasts and then lay it down as the next starts.

And all that also ties in "beauty". Different people have different concept of beauty, so you might have different opinions from mine. That should not stop you from looking at things you find beautiful and admiring them for it. Not for the their practicality or use. But for their inherent beauty.
And I'm not even talking about the exterior appearance. I'm not a /k/ afficionado, and I actually know only a few things about guns.
But I've had to chance to see how a revolver works. And there's beauty there. Not in the gun itself maybe some of them are though but in the process of pressing the trigger, the hammer mechanism discharging that impact on the casing, the explosion occuring and proppeling a bullet down the barrel, the heat spreading and dissipating throught the whole thing and the cylinder spinning just the right ammount to line up the next bullet for it. It's an incredible machine when you stop and look at it. Maybe it was made with a terrible machine, but from a technical and practical standpoint it's still fabulous.

And goes without saying, if you can't look at a painting of a beautiful landscape, or listen to a jazz-playing beggar in the street and recognize Frank's "Five Minutes More", you're either blind or stupid.

So which is it, asshole?

Pick related. This isn't just arousing. It's also beautiful by itself.

You sound like a Jew.

This is what really gets me.
I've been a prog rock fan since I first heard Rush back in middle school. It blows my mind that there was a point in time when acts like Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, etc. were playing shows regularly and regularly releasing classic albums. I can't even fathom what it would be like for a band like Pink Floyd to take off today. Tame Impala and Animal Collective and bands like them are presented as a continuation of that line, but it's really hard to believe that when everyone in all of those projects seems like a total nu-male more interested in getting publicity than in making a statement.
What was it like to be a prog fan in Britain during the 70s? I feel like it's impossible for a scene like that to come into existence today because the whole concept of a 'scene' is now basically supposed to tie into digital media, like Facebook, Pitchfork, record companies' social media interns, etc.

as far as normie music, personally i like lana del rey and ms mr. they have a similar sound i would describe as nostalgic americana. maybe not all their songs, i don't follow them regularly so idk

other than that, traditional music is best. and there's always dank nasheed for when you're down OP.

he smokes weed and puts dildos in his butt. Trust me goy he's hilarious

Operation DEADHEAD

Subversion is in the thematics. The quality decrease is simply a function of cost and efficiency. Jews are Jews, after all. A shekel saved is a shekel earned.

i was reading 'the international jew' by Henry Ford today, and even in 1920, when he wrote the articles that make up the book, the jews basically owned every entertainment business by working together and pushing all real talent out

everything they touch becomes degenerate, vulgar and is 100% commercialized

it has only gotten worse in the past 100 years

implying jews have talent

who listens to mainstream? i haven't listened to radio or what's being played, since…. i don't kn ow? ever.

Never gets old.

I don't think that. Keep putting in that work.

I like Sabrina Carpenter's early work. Her new stuff is good but a bit overproduced in comparison.

I know why, but seriously EVERY FUCKING TIME it's the jews. How is it NOT possible to notice this shit.

pretty aryan actually

didnt see any jewified nonsense

too bad girls sound like shit when they try and sing. im sure she will get better as she ages.

Music is in such a sorry state. Saw one of those lists of top billboard songs for each year recently (yeah, I clicked it). Last great top song was Smooth; and that was by Santana, who was around in the 60's. Musicians don't even bother to learn to sing anymore. Anyone who can sing automatically has their own band named after them. Forget even trying to get musicians to understand themes and transitions anymore.

She doesn't sound like shit, she sounds great!

Listened to one of her latest songs. Can already sense the negrification in her singing.

You wont be. If someone says you're a ebil nazi, just always that you never posted here and that it must have been a troll that got a hold of your music. You got nothing to lose. NSA already knows you post hre, but shit libs won't be able to find out.

Well I preferred her more natural sounding singing but I wouldn't call it negrificated.

i just mean they dont have that full range, you know? you can just tell its a girl singing and not a woman.

anyways this video sounds a lot better

RLM knows what's up

I think she may sound a little better back then as she's singing more naturally.

I was going to post about 30 songs similar to that from over a 20 year period but since the thread is about today why bother the whole business is just going to continually get worse. Even the niggers sounded way better during the motown era and they had talent and could play instruments and read music.

There are still some (half) black musicians who can sing and play their own instruments. MJ's nephews, 3T. Sony tried to destroy their career to spite MJ though. They've only just brought out their 3rd album. (Well, actually 4th but Sony witheld their 2nd album and their actual 3rd they could only release independently in a few countries in Europe. They're free of Sony now though.) This isn't the greatest quality video but it's one showing them playing live with instruments.

Yeah, why bother.

Let me rephrase a bit
What I posted used to be the norm
now it is the exception

I know, I was just pointing out an exception for anybody interested that maybe hadn't heard of them or didn't know they were still going.

Surprise surprise

archive.is/wHXEK

I wanted to think metal was untouchable, but after getting back into after hearing Lost Horizon I had someone recommend me I Prevail and it's just numale bullshit.

same thing is happening all over the world. even japan is putting out tons of CG shit and passing ot off as "anime"

Did everyone forget Eric Cartman's law that states lefties and hippies hate metal? Why don't we just get a hold of some speakers and blast heavy metal all day on election day to scare away the marxists? Also suggesting we just have heavy metal playing on the site so shills out themselves when they complain about the music. Shit man take a listen and feel your spirit ignite.

At least it's not a big trainwreck like how the manga ended.
Hopefully with Netflix's backing they'll go for an original anime ending for the 3rd and 4th season, probably.

Wouldn't say it's a bad thing, it depends on who's watching and how well they made the shows, Arpeggio comes to mind

Zappa's dad was a chemist. He didn't decide whether the US would invade Vietnam.

I know music can be a pretty contentious topic, but those fuckers on /mu/ bandwagon'd everything some faggot in nyc told them to and pretended like it was their idea all along.

I remember going there in 2011 and they knew as much about metal, classical, and folk as a permavirgin knows about taking off a bra.

Fucking pussy. We're all doxxed here by multiple alphabet agencies, courtesy of Free Mason Jim.

Thanks lad. I should sometime look into pin-up artists like that. Got any more of those?

You goys need to read Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon and learn how the hippie culture was an entirely Jewish creation to break down traditional America.

All that 60s/70s music you think was better (it was objectively better) was a psy-op too. All those great bands, Floyd, Zeppelin, the Doors, Hendrix, Joplin, Dylan, all a huge cultural psy-op.

Are you telling me there isn't a single Holla Forumsak alive today who wouldn't listen to Dylan's "The Times Are A' Changin'" and immediately conclude it was propaganda music?

OYYYY VEYYYY!

I posted the same thing here

But I thought my link would d/l the pdf for the book
Alas when I checked the link was not a working link to anything.
Do you have a working link? I am pretty sure I got my copy from TPB via torrent.
But this is an excellent book for any Holla Forumsack to read.

I think you're not at all wrong. I have to use Pandora and other "discovery" services to find decent artists. Even then music is still degenerating because later bands are inspired by earlier bands (as opposed to the inspiration that the first band used, which typically has more substance).

Ironically I was spurred to listen to older music by a shitty modern day movie, Maze Runners 2 or whatever the fuck it's called. I watched it so I could spend time with my parents. Some spic gangster hooks up a bomb to a record player and blows up his hideout at the end of a Patsy Cline track, "Walking After Midnight."

I thought about it and about how my dad used to listen to Patsy Cline growing up, I remembered when he put on "Crazy" and told me she used to be one of his favorite artists. So I made a new Pandora station using her and Johnny Cash as a seed. And wouldn't you know it – it's like a whole new world of country music that isn't braindead garbage stuffed with warbling guitar effects and bad show accents.

I don't sorry. Shouldn't be too hard to find for anyone willing to look though.

From Weird scenes inside the canyon

But as fate would have it, as December of 2008 rolled around, the mainstream media was suddenly awash with reports of the unusual Morrison family connection. On December 8, for example, the Los Angeles Times carried a report on Admiral George Stephen Morrison, described therein as “a retired Navy rear admiral and the father of the late rock icon Jim Morrison.” According to the Times report, “Morrison had a long career that included serving as operations officer aboard the aircraft carrier Midway and commanding the fleet during the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident, which led to an escalation of American involvement in Vietnam.”

How deep does it go?

Only so deep as certain "chosen families" positioning their members in key positions in everything from government, business, Hollywood, etc, regardless whether or not they possess any talent/skill in those areas.

Morrison, whether or not he was actually a good musician, was destined to be promoted and written about and jammed down peoples' throats. See Literally Who, and the articles about her, well before GG, hyping her as some interesting person everyone should know about. How all the critics were practically falling over themselves to get in line to review her shit game, when all it is is a basic visual novel, and not even a very good one at that.

Trying to remember the name of that girl who's in everything nowadays, and she comes from actual Rothschild nobility. There's also EL James, who peddles the horseshit story that she was just a poor, lowly fanfic writer *cue sad violins* who took a Twilight fan fic and turned it into Fifty Shades. What they don't tell you is the bitch was a TV producer at the time, and certainly her (((connections))) in the business played no part in heavyweight publications reviewing her books or them receiving preferential placement in book stores. Oh, and that's also a pen name in case you didn't know, and her real name is much more (((coincidental))).

tl;dr– vid related

What medium of art?

She's an actress. Kristianna, something like that, think she was in an underworld flick or some other vampire movie. Might be misremembering though.

Her?
imdb.com/name/nm3773088/

No, not her. Ahh, there was a thread about her on Holla Forums recently, or maybe it was Holla Forums where someone detailed her family tree. Anyway, point is there are a lot of them taking up a lot of key positions in major industries. Incidentally, while googling just found out Helena Bonham Carter's a Rothschild also.

As a hardcore Death Grips fan. I'd say most people would be betting on The Money Store

She's totally hot, but…

A significant movement needs to be created to stop all this shit ASAP!

At least Kpop is still good and not jewified yet, nowadays I just listen to classical music and foreign shit.

except 95% of them are trannies

mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

the light beams to the sky and bwaaa sounds scream predictive programming to me. brace for blue beam

That article was good user.

(((Art dealers))) wanted art that can be mass produced and fads that could be controlled by them.

Combine them with those that wanted to destroy western civilization and promoted nihilistic, ugly, destructive art up to the point, as the article mentions, that (((art))) became the celebration of the death of art.

The vast majority of people are mindless drones who in the case they are given some kind of inspiration can lead a fulfilling life. But will drop that the moment someone either stops forcing it on them, or (((someone))) else manages to promote his (((values))) instead.

That also makes anyone who was in the the position to stop this and didn't responsible. Even the anons just like me who didn't push themselves hard enough to get in that position.

It might also be this exact kind of societal degeneration that makes people strive for something greater. Making this tasteless period an important part of the cycle that produces great art.

Nah, they just all moved to the internett. There are more subcultures, in that more music generes exist and peoples listen to them. I have some country, some rock, metal, techno, chip music, jazz etc that I put on when friends are over

Niravana was awefull, and is the archtype of the industry pushed band

I agree with that, but can you really call it a subculture if it is expressed online only? I think that musical subcultures need to have some kind of social presence in order to mean anything.

Even the fact that these genres disappeared from everyday life while surviving online with many subdivisions is strange. Perhaps this a part of the process which reorganizes them into something new.

Based user posting John Zorn.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this
Over on Holla Forums the big news is just how horribly movies have been doing this summer and it may possibly end up with one or more movie studios bankrupting

This raised the question of how they could let it come to such a state and I suggested that it was because there was no more talent left in Hollywood to make a competent movie, even to spread their propaganda

They have degraded their talent pool so much that all of their directors and actors no longer have the character to make competent movies

Saved for posting on /lit/

Posted this on TRS for posterity.

Underrated post

Wizard here. This sort of "generational" nostalgia has been around forever.

What's interesting is that in many places - especially the suburbs - entire trends and movements never even happened the way people remembered.

For instance, the 80's was never really the 80's in most places for most of that decade. It was pretty much a continuation of the 70's. It sucked for the most part and people weren't that different. It was maybe sort of 80's-light for a few weeks in 1989 or 1990 before the first pioneers from grunge and college radio 'alternative' culture started smashing the neon lights and getting noticed.

Sure, abrupt, radical shifts happen (the hippies and grunge, for instance), but you'ld be surprised how brief those movements were. By the time grunge reached the suburbs, for instance, you could count in months before Cobain died and the sort-of "grunge 2.0" next wave of flops were emerging (Creed / Staind /etc.).

When people pine for the 80s like whatever this Vaporwave pretentious bullshit is (PROTIP: never name your own movement… just sayin) you're coming at it from a deliberate, self-aware point of view. To the extent that anybody actually 'did' the 80's aesthetic at the time, they didn't actually think they were doing the 80's. They just thought they were rebelling or being cool (they weren't). Nobody went into SuperCuts and asked for a mullet. It wasn't called a mullet until *AFTER* the 80's when they needed a ridiculous-sounding name to call that bad 80's haircut.

I guess my point is, if you've been deprived the opportunity to innocently experience a popular cultural movement as its happening, then learn to appreciate art and classical music and be a square. OR be a punk. Those are the only two ways to be deliberate… at least for white people in the West of this .

All the energy that's spent by youth to contrive the next trend is a lot of Titanic deck chair re-arranging. If it's ironic propaganda meant to "redpill" youth, i can see there's a purpose. But if you're young and legitimately have some art in you or you have something to say, study the greats of *traditional* western culture.. it needs a (semite-free) revival.. that means high art… or go be some kind of punk and get involved in a local scene.

It's obvious innit?

The jews did this.

A wholesale embracing of traditionalism is going to be the next big movement. People are going to completely discard this modern trash culture. I talk to young kids and even they tell me how shit the music is.

The pendulum is reversing, lads.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, kids, now let's not get crazy. They started out as a boy band, sure, but you can't deny Strawberry fields, Day in the life and Hey Jude.

The Rutles > The Beatles.

In The Protocols the jews laugh to themselves how they can keep fooling the goy with 'Classicism'.

Are you implying that this nostalgia is the result of people using things they have never lived through as a symbol of the their own (lost) youth?

If so how can you differentiate between this and sincere appreciation of past art? Should we just refrain from using anything from minus thirty years just to be safe?

I know your feels, friend. The normalfags in my life don't appreciate my music, but call this shit amazing:

youtu.be/YnwsMEabmSo

on mobile, so can't embed

That movie looks absolutely terrible, it captures none of the Arthurian theme, just hurr durr generic medieval with cringey rock music and distorted time cinema effects.
1981's Excalibur is and will always be the best King Arthur movie made the way things are going.

More like a subgroup of youth of appropriating (pardon the term) a particular past movement that is out of fashion and is remembered in its idealized form.

They do this not to symbolize their lost youth, but rather to manifest a youth for themselves out of a past they never experienced but believe was fun. It's a cargo cult for kicks.

In the 80's and 90's there was a lot of nostalgia for the 50's because like i suggested above, the 80's never really happened everywhere. It was the 70's with boxy cars and cassette players. The kids picked-up on that anxiety in their childhood and when the grunge movement went tits-up in the mid 90's, their first instinct was to go full zoot suit riot and we got the (brief) Ska movement, which, while not strictly 50's, was close enough…

Point is, go be some flavor of punk and have fun. Be fun and (reasonably) positive if you want the girls to show up.. angry and destructive if you don't. If you don't live near a city, be folk or outlaw country… but study the punk ethos.

But that's pretty much all you have left. Everything else is contrived and deliberate because WE HAVE TOO MUCH INFORMATION. And if you're going to things deliberately, you might as well contribute to the traditions that are your birthright (western art), so go study the greats while you're at it. Don't let interlopers steal them from you.

what he actually said was more along the lines of 'whoever is not against you is for you'.

Ever wonder how much worse music will be in 10 years?

OP you should give credit to the person who wrote the narrative in your post. It is a copy pasta from right off of his home page.

jimstonefreelance.com/

Probably the most famous Holla Forums animus are

Both pretty great tbh

Here you go.

bookzz.org/book/2362526/c4a8f5

Even a group like Outkast wouldn't be able to get airtime today. They'd be considered "indie" and filed away. Nobody would even care about them.

What none of you seem to understand is that the reason music has died is because it is literally impossible to make money from album sales anymore. Nobody cares. Everyone is a musician now thanks to computers, so we have no concept of anyone really being that much better than anyone else. And since we're all musicians, everyone imagines that they're the new one, and nobody wants to admit that their fellow musicians might be better than them. It's actually kind of just a social thing, where musicians aren't really working together, and fostering the best music. It's really just a big social party where the more cock you suck, the higher up on the chain you go. It's no different from any other era. Except in older times, underground bands HAD to do it to survive. It wasn't like the entire gene pool was following Youtube tutorials to make "EDM" to post on Facebook. Back then it was "only people who give enough of an inherent shit about music make music." And even then, people were more likely to tell you that you were shit before you even really tried.

Today we live in "IF YOU HAVE A DREAM, FOLLOW IT" culture. Everyone is a great musician. That means you! You! You! All of us! Everyone! And now if you tell someone they're shit, that means you're a bad person. You're evil. You're not one of us, there must be something wrong with you.

What if some people really are just shit though and they should stop making music? What if some people are really good and creative? Isn't that what makes a musician good? To make something new and creative?

Well, our definition of what music is has changed… it's as common as taking a shit or drinking a beer, or getting up to go to work. It has no meaning anymore. It's just another thing that is in the background of our shitty existence that is not meant to engage us or inspire us on any level.

It's pure evil what they have done to art and music, and we have to fight it. I'm not sure there is any way to do it.

Honestly, I hate people who hate art. There is something so fucking small minded about it. They don't want to challenge themselves or try to understand things. So they just try to laugh at it or destroy it, instead of trying to make sense of it and understand what it means. They're just insensitive and they don't care. That's so sad to me.

the irony

I watched around 50 or maybe 70 episodes of Galactic heroes and then stopped watching some reason. Is it good through to the end? Is the end good? Please no spoilers.

Why is it evil that decent music is small or local rather than global platinum phenomenon? Popular music can turn into procedurally generated prolefeed for all I care. Good music doesn't need to be recognized by the common denominator.

It can be small, and artists can get a fucking day job

Fully agree. And it's a point that nearly always goes unspoken in these conversations.

High quality media being the focus of the largest audience is a dream, but what it requires is an already highly aesthetically attuned culture, which basically means an already virtuous culture in general.

Of course, one can hope that a work of high enough quality, and of the right character would attract the attention of the dumb masses by it's sheer undeniable brilliance, and thus help to lift them up to a higher level of awareness and appreciation of life, but this kind of massive, world reforming art faces a sort of sort of a chicken and the egg problem. Does good culture come from good art or vice versa? As you note, there always seems to be some audience for truly good media, and truly good media is always being made, but it's natural to wish that good media, and the audience for it, would grow and become dominant.

The only problem with good music never again being popular and mass-media distributed is that we'll always have to hear about boomer music culture as the be-all-end-all which frankly is already quite annoying. Yeah, Pink Floyd is better than top 40 today, tired of hearing about it though

There's some great music around at the moment. You just have to know where to look.

You're just editorializing from the point of view that good music is complex music. You go on to say that dad rock is best rock. It's not.

At the end of the day, people like music for how it makes them feel. If you're going to attack music, attack it for being mostly about inane shit.

Explain what you mean by virtuous.

…Which is pretty much what you'ld expect from a selfish 'me' generation with that much power, influence, and freedom.

I've often wondered if the massive push for 'diversity' in the arts by so many prominent boomers is really just them protecting their legacies.

On some level, they want to be the Last Generation. They want every generation to come after to be hopeless and in need of them, or at least in awe of their achievements. They never want to be eclipsed.

So what better way to insure you're never out-done AND to feel good about yourself then to promote the worst artists of Gen-X and the Millenials who just happen to also satisfy your 'diveristy' ideals?

Because history is only 60 years.

Ever consider that things actually are getting worse consistently? Just because it keeps happening doesn't mean it's okay or can be ignored. Consider the mindset of the last century and change in increments:

Others have called out when their civilizations were falling apart

“The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.”

That was Socrates, the man who was put to death of corrupting the young and a generation or two had his adopted city taken over by a less decadent and more ordered society. The Athenians hardly even resisted the Macedonians, they became too slothful and uncaring.

Listen to this user, Seattle is a cesspool right now. There are a few of us here though.

Fucking this.

People keep using that quote to imply that old people are always saying that kind of shit and they're just crazy cantankerous old motherfuckers.

But Athens fell not long after..

I don't think I've heard a single piece of music from the 40's that's bad. Not to my taste, maybe, but nothing that hasn't got obvious talent behind it. Even George Formby's nudge-nudge wink-wink songs.

Look underground. I've been out of commercial degeneracy since 1997 when I discovered Sepultura. I'm really big into industrial and black metal and goregrind these days

Nokturnal Mortum is god-tier

Oh and I'm a big trad/heavy fan these days too

That fag is dead.
nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/boy-band-producer-lou-pearlman-dead-age-62-article-1.2759416

All art is dead.

Not necessary true.

Attractive black women are now moving into the white porn industry because the black on black industry isn't worth filming for any more. Black men still want to see black men fucking black women but it's just no where near as profitable as white men fucking black women or white on white. As such the "quality" is disappearing of a niche basement genre.

Niches get cut on all sides, be they quality niches or fetish niches.

Everything is stagnating because people hire their inbred cousins for top positions.

honestly that's all i remember from the argument i had with him but he was a left leaning moderate talked about white privilege,
and bell hooks twice. but if their is two thing i learn and know is that people dont know what art is only think they know, and that today's critics are morons for making one big mistake; that what happen during the creation of the painting is irreverent, the painting should speak for itself not the artist speak for the painting i see this happen all the time and it drives me up the walls pic related.

You just described 99% of things in the world today

People rarely do things because they enjoy them any more, they do them because of social status. The Indie games market is a prime example of this, none of the hipster fucks care about vidya they just want an excuse to hang out and drink together.

When you have easy access to everything then nothing is left with value any more. People jump on anything with any depth for social cred which then removes the depth and the social cred and they continue to parasite from then onwards.

Genuinely one of the best posts in this thread.

Nothing wrong with a drum machine.

Brit/pol/ in a nutshell

OP, you're just going to need to trust me when I say that we're here, now, as this collective force powerful enough to instigate a new religion and be called a "global political player" by some of the largest media groups the developed world has to offer

We're here because video games are shit

It tickles, doesn't it?

I recall some old comedian who was known for his impersonations of classic movie and music stars. He was big in the 50s and 60s but eventually stopped mimicking celebrities. When asked why he cut the most memorable part of his act, he said the reason he stopped doing impersonations was because there are no "personalities" anymore.

Think about it: Suppose I asked someone to do an impersonation of Brad Pitt. What would that actually end up looking like? What would a great Leo DiCaprio impersonation look like? Sure, you could pretend to be one of their characters. But what about them? What makes them unique besides their looks?

In pursuit of big profits, Hollywood keeps pumping out films with the intent of grabbing the largest demographics. In trying to create something that is palatable for everyone, then end up making absolutely tasteless garbage.

This is generally why I tend to stick with horror these days. It's the only genre where the budgets are so small and the creators are so desperate to get famous that they're really the only ones who will take a risk with something different.

Rotten Tomatoes just posted that FULL FRONTAL WITH SAMANTHA BEE is "Certified Fresh" at 100%.

In other words, not a single goddamn TV critic out there has any problem with her undisguised Democrat-shilling and shrieking at anyone even the slightest bit red-pilled on anything.

TV critics are worthless.