Box-Office Bomb: 'King Arthur' Limps

hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-bomb-king-arthur-limps-14m-debut-behind-statched-1003531?utm_source=twitter

Its even worse because of the marketing kek

JUST

What was the marketing?

CUCK

They had extensive marketing. So probably another 30 40 50 mil

WE WUZ SIR BEDIVEER AN SHIEEEET!

Marketing budgets are often at the same level as the production budget, sometimes double or even triple it.
So it's actually another $175~ million to add.
They were really banking on this making around $400,000,000, weren't they?

Not really, only star wars now and probably harry potter back when had 100 million-200 million plus marketings. I can't see how they could have spent 175 on marketing.

*lance

MY COLORGRADING

even bongland doesnt give a shit about king arthur, hes lamer than fucking robin hood.

The problem with the Arthur story, if there is one, is that his greatest moment is at the start, when he pulls the sword out of the stone. That's the part everyone remembers. What else did he do? Well, he had a round table and a bunch of knight buddies and…. and… nope, that's all. You can see this problem with the trailer as well, they make sure to emphasize the sword thing and there are plenty of knights and then… then that's it. Some generic bad guy and Arthur has to defeat him I guess. Yawn indeed.

he gets cucked and theres some incest. its "what if zeus was a mortal beta instead of the god of chads"

Didn't the last robin hood movie suck ass, too?

When I think King Arthur, I don't think:

Are all bigots historically illiterate? Your lack of knowledge is where your hate stems from…When you say "nier" you really mean "me". Take a history class sometime, you might actually learn something. Imagine that…**

Inb4

Just looked this up and all I can say is "wow", I can't say I'm surprised that this shameful chapter in British history has been covered up…And little old me thought we had only been oppressing Nubians for the last few centuries…Thing's like this make me ashamed to be British, it's fucking disgusting.

THIS SHIT IS STILL HAPPENING TODAY! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

the last king arthur was watchable though from 2004 or whatever

Nice bait. Here is another (you)

Broke the sword in a fight, got a new one from a magic lady in a lake, unified England, BTFO'd some French giants, got kidnapped and escaped in a wacky adventure, got tricked by his sister into fucking her, killed her and her husband, commissioned the search for the Holy Grail, got cucked by his best knight, lost his second best knight in the ensuing war, and then got killed by his incest bastard son. Tbh if you read Mallory's L'Morte there's actually goldmine of cool shit that Arthur and his knights did. The problem is that the sword story has been done enough times that it's considered "safe", and we all know how much jewlywood hates putting its neck on the line for something original.

top kek

Why are niggers so fucking stupid?

The day of the rope will come for you as well, cuck.

WE WUZ KING AUTHOR AN SHEEEIT

I've never read Mallory. Is Arthur fucking Morgan really part of the canon?

In L'Morte, which was based off of the Lacelot-Grail cycle, yes. There is no unified canon. Everyone who wrote stories about Arthur pretty much did their own thing, even the people who were paid to finish works that were left unfinished by their original authors. The guy who was paid to finish the original story of the grail completely forgets about Percival, the original protagonist, and spends the majority of the story talking about Cardos, his OCdonutsteel.

If you want a really good Arthurian story, try Wolfram von Eschenbach's Parzival(which is what Wagner based Parsifal on.) Eschenbach was a knight before he became a poet, and had actual experience with a lot of the things he writes about or he could have just been a madman and made it all up. Either way, Parzival has a lot more depth and realism than most other Arthurian works.

Thank you! I'm kind of surprised. I always assumed the nicest angle was added in the 20th century to make the stories edgier.

Your faggy words are powerless here.

The Matter of France will always be better than the Matter of Britain.
Charlemagne > Arthur
Roland > Lancelot
Olivier > Percival
Durandal > Excalibur
Bayard > Whatever shitty nag Arthur rode
Francia > Britannia
And so on.

You should be glad your national legends aren't being blackwashed m8.

NOPE

I bet they are, on French TV.

Japan wins again!

…and even worse because this movie was the beginning of a new franchise, I think they were planning to make 3 or 4 movies in that universe.

b-but they did all that pandering to niggers and SJWs
how could it fail???

They aren't blackwashed, the (((educational system))) is making sure that kids know that nothing really important happened before the Revolution of 1789. It's all about being inclusive. Wait 30 years, history class will be all about the great country of Algeria and the "horrors that the evil french people have done".

I'm okay with this. The Arthurian legend has always been garbage.

It was also supposed to be a 6 movie series, hue.

The best Arthur film has already been made long ago anyway.

Hollywood has been stealing them for years you faggot. Git gud.

The year everything went to shit actually. Of course the educational system will teach you the backward ways of the white people before that and how they suddenly became enlightened after that, ignoring all the art, culture and inventions made beforehand. It's a political game and shift in history, which the school system will ignore because then it would pinpoint who benefitted from it and who's behind the ((progressive)) agenda.

I agree with everything else you posted, but this is wrong. Olivier was basically just Roland's sidekick. Percival may have been retarded, but he at least went out on his own and had is own independent adventures.

Why is Saber such a QT?

CAVEBEASTS BTFO

That's cool tbh. I'm going to add one in my universe now.

should've made a superhero movie, edgy reboot, or young adult book adaptation instead

You're right fuck

What fucking idiots

lol @ these posters.

how can you fuck up this badly?

Wow racist much?

What the hell were they going for here?

You know what the legend of king arthur needs?

Niggers. More niggers.

Well, I highly doubt most French people even know much about the Song of Roland, let alone the whole Matter of France.
It is a bittersweet sentiment.

You know, I do agree. I was a bit hasty.
Perhaps I should have typed
Ogier the Dane or Fierbras > Gawain
instead.

Why does this font look so familiar?

Is it the keep calm and carry on one?

PUNK
GENUIS
TRAITOR
BILLIONAIRE

It is a mystery

Why is it Guy Ritchie gets away with remaking his own movies? Snatch, Sherlock and Man From UNCLE are all literally the same films with different names. From the trailer for King Arthur you could tell it would be the exact same thing.

10/10 film, tbh

Honestly King aruther wasnt that bad, I actually liked the beginning and the design of the villan in the end, but it did suffer from some flaws like how a lot of things really do go for the MC's way and is pretty OP making huge power leaps like here and there.

Boi Saber is the upmost bottom tier garbage in existence.