I want facebook to go away

archive.is/x6ICV

nytimes.com/2017/04/18/technology/mark-zuckerberg-sees-augmented-reality-ecosystem-in-facebook.html?_r=0

It's always going to be impossible to prevent the spread of technology, but how do we make sure it's not in the hands of Mark Zuckerberg and his ilk when it arrives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_hZgmorWc
youtube.com/watch?v=0pMSLVC8DCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This won't be popular. I'm not worried.

Are we sure normies aren't this stupid? I mean, if they see all their other normie "friends" partaking...

emvees, if manufactured and sold at a reasonable price point carry far more mass-market appeal than VR could ever fucking dream of.

I'm actually impressed this is the course he's choosing to take and if I allow myself to be a little optimistic this could spur on if nothing else the eventual release of an open platform for emvees.

It's only a matter of time before the technology becomes sophisticated enough that enterprise users will be able to get .000mm measurements just by looking at objects and at that point a second industrial revolution would be born.

What is?

In the future, normies will spend real money to send virtual gifts to their friends, to decorate their virtual facebook homes (profiles).

user... they already did that. That was a big fad on Facebook.

Hell, just look at how much money Holla Forums spends on low quality cosmetic 3D meshes in games.

Good god.

Quit Facebook a long time ago, feels good man

I'm sure most people here have, the problem is making sure everyone else ditches it. I wonder how much lost productivity has resulted from the existence of Facebook. Such a pointless site, and that's coming from an user on a chan.

no thanks

Are you suggesting that we need some kind of final solution to the Facebook question?

Yes. Perhaps we could intern the facebook founder in a camp until we decide what that solution is. I'm not hopeful though, the free software community, even with good developers, couldn't convince normies to use their operating systems even though they were giving them out for free.

So even if we had a Holla Forums endorsed alternative, normie fucks would still use the facebook garbarge, "because my friends use it".

What's facebook? Sounds like spam to me. We route around spam.

local-zone: "facebook.com." refuse

>>>Holla Forums
:^)

C O N T R A D I C T O R Y
O
N
T
R
A
D
I
C
T
O
R
Y

Honor these digits with an answer for fuck's sake. Checked.

A name given to AR glasses long before they were concieved in the real world.

Zuck literally wants to make the borg/matrix real, he wants to be the borg queen.

I'm switched to free software whenever possible even-though I am not native Holla Forums but I'm definitely not a normie.

How is this any different from Google Glass?

Holla Forums and Holla Forums are both way more naive than Holla Forums

It's by Zuckermann(TM). Don't be such a bully and let him give meme technology a try too. You can't only let Google make dumb choices.
The sooner all these failed attempts make people forever disinterested the better. The true danger is that this actually becomes successfully when it matures. Then we're actually fucked.

I have a friend who bought minecraft on ps3 and ps4 and he's spent probably close to 300$ on skins. I am so baffled by his blatant consumerism I think there's some hypnotic psychological effect he's been placed under from gaming or something

get ready to cringe

Of course they're niggers. There are no words. We have people that find color text on their console screen as bloat (an extreme example), whilst normies crave entering the matrix and finding new ways to waste their limited time on earth.

They won't. VR goggles will be lame forever.

That's actually very depressing.

Where can I find more videos like these? They are fascinatingly repulsive, and I want to show them to some normies.

Just think of all the free expression and community building that will be made possible.
youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_hZgmorWc
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated to the matrix.

cringe? I... What the fuck?
If this ever takes off I want to be dead by then. This shit is depressing.

I love old pubs with tables full of scratches and sticky from spilled ale. These fuckers are actually trying to create the most boring and sterile world imaginable.

Fuck you.

Well that's the essence of anything virtual, you can do anything you want without really affecting the system, and so the system is able to integrate any activity whatsoever. Soon we'll have virtual protests... Oh wait, we already though: just like this page on Facebook!

youtube.com/watch?v=0pMSLVC8DCw
Watch this shit if you have some time to kill. Actually all these videos from "F8 2017" are full of poisonous gold. I don't know whether to laugh at their belief that this meme tech will succeed, or to believe them and scream in terror. It's hard to stomach all their empty feel-good jargon talk though.