Architecture thread

It's been a while since we've had a good architecture thread.

Why is Art Nouveau so absolutely gorgeous and why does nobody ever fucking talk about it? I'm starting to think that the Belle Époque was the peak of human art and architecture. Makes sense since it was ended by the world wars.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_architecture_of_the_Belle_Époque
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Is this from Greenland?

paraguay or uruguay i guess

Uruguay

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_architecture_of_the_Belle_Époque

I mean fucking look at this shit.

I feel like i'm living in a culturally dead post apocalypse where the human spirit was murdered and we're constantly reminded by it by buildings that still stand from our glorious past.

Lurk for at least 2 years before policing others you fucking newfag

YOU'RE NOT FROM HERE; YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Shitposting is still shitposting even if you try to claim that it is a tradition. Reported.

Fuck off shills

YOU'RE NOT FROM HERE; YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Repeat much? You are not strong gear, you have to show crack.

Why do I get this feeling from the way you post that you're slavic?

It's called Precedent in English common law.

Now fuck off.

Fuck off, we celebrate our culture here you fucking niggers.

Hello Holla Forums

Why are you shilling against European Civilization and the celebration thereof?

Because he's a fucking shill

So Holla Forums, tell me:

Suppose that you somehow manage to grab a country, any country, that is devoid of any landmark worth mentioning or whose architecture consists only of sterile, cold cement blocks with some megacorp's skyscraper trying to look prettier than the others.

How would you design that city's architecture and style? What kind of landmarks would you create? What about statues, plazas and government buildings?

Not an argument, slider.

It's important to see the beauty of your culture and its works.

It was a short lived almost exclusively French feminine fad that cost too much for modern manufacturing.

I hate minimalism.

Fucking soulless

The point of minimalist work is that it's supposed to contrast its surroundings. Why do you stare at the bridge alone and not the whole picture?

Brutalist architecture is soulless. No nature at all.

Not an argument, shill :^)

I'm torn between Classical and Gothic architecture tbh. Either way, enormous open plazas dominated by monuments. The capital can be a place of administration and immense architecture, no need to make room for extensive residential and commercial area. The city will be a piece of art, with every piece precisely placed in a geometric network. Government buildings large beyond reason, truly titanic structures as a testament to the size of our spirits and 'our purpose'.

/larp, but I honestly don't think that's unreasonable to consider in the next century. If we succeed in creating an all-white American state, we'll have the resources and momentum to accomplish more or less anything with plenty to spare.

Imagine, there's an alternate universe where all minorities were purged and the world's whites make up 100% of the population with the world entering a cyberpunk age with art nouveau aesthetics everywhere.

Well you start in the capital obviously and then run a contest for a scale model of a rebuilt capitol.
Possibly mix the best ideas of the best applications and get to building piece by piece.

in the short term a lot can be done with painting the cold cement blocks with patriotic propaganda and taking the rights of design away from the megacorp and force it to conform to the new aesthtic, you could implement it as a sort of tax for them.
Then make some rules for any new buildings to conform to the aesthtic like they do in any place that want to look nice.

I am partial to new designs that recapture the old glories.

Which reminds me that when Trump wins he's gonna make america look great again. He doesn't put up shitty looking buildings as far as i know.

Wtf is wrong with these people, so fucking disconnected; was this done by jews?

kys

So if i take a shit on some beautiful painting, can i claim then that the point is that it contrasts?

You dumb fucking faggot. When the argument is to establish what is traditionally acceptable, the appeal to tradition is exactly the argument to make.

The "appeal to tradition" is furthermore an informal fallacy. That means that it's applicability is context-dependent.

Get the fuck out of here.

have u never seen a concept render b4?

You could look up budapest too OP. It's full of old art nouveau and beaux arts stuff.

Art Nouveau and Art Deco both tickle my brain in the right places. I think it's because they both manage to somehow simultaneously look both classical and modern.

Hell, I'd argue that some instances of them look infinitely more modern than any garbage built today.

It's because they look like dwarf buildings.

That's old minimalism. The clear glass brings minimalism to a new level of minimal.

Wtf is happening to Holla Forums?
Seriously gtfo. All of you.

Contributing.

I would love living in one of these, convert the windmill to produce power and homestead the surrounding area.

just a butthurt leftist shitposting from his cuckshed. Ignore and keep the pics coming

i see this everyday

Frank Lloyd Wright: America's biggest contribution to the Art Nouveau/Jugendstil movement.

The deus ex architecture guys have absolute good taste imo, I wish there was more victorian/futuristic mix out there.

Is "modern" architecture just a globalist plot to destroy culture and distinctness among different nations under the guise of cost savings?

I think that it's because it's an evolution of traditional architecture in a way that respects and is grounded in our history while at the same time embracing progress(real progress not (((progress)))).

I doubt it's really a plot, it's just people who deal with other people from all over the world and develop some kind of subculture. I know it sounds like a couple of jews trying to erase culture but to me it sounds more like us, we're from all over the world but speak English and have our own subculture.

The wonders of architecture when it isn't designed to be mass produced to fill up a shitty city.

I swear, I could post a screenshot from Fallout and you'd think it was a real world building or some shit. Though the Fallout universe does have some pretty nice architecture.

Is nobody concerned about the danger present in something like that?

Ignore the shills m8

Is that a bad thing?

I rented a large studio in a home that was very similar to this Frank Lloyd Wright home.

It was in Michigan and the brick was sandstone instead. A lot of the wood was cedar on the outside. I really liked how the place made me feel but it had some downsides. If there were heavy snows for a long time it was a good idea to get up on the flat roof and shovel it off.

second picture looks comfy as fuck

Damn that's hideous.

I bet that was in/near Ann Arbor

If it's anything like the home I rented part of, only the back of the home has a lot of windows. The front facing the road has only windows all across the top near the ceiling. A lot of windowed french doors on the back

Not quite, but not far. Ann Arbor has a lot of homes in that style but so does Toledo, Ohio. I was somewhere in between…

If a house has more than 2 or 3 windows, it's trash.

Victorian and Tudor homes do it for me. I'd probably allow just about any style as long as they don't make all the buildings look the same. I'd love to see each town have it's own distinct building style too.

I wonder if trump will go enough to destroy the spiritual sickness infecting our nation so that we can build actually good architecture again.

Remember user, Trump is just a vessel. And just the beginning.

So I was looking into retrofuturism, and wondered why the fuck you Yanks didn't continue with this style..

Oh man, imagine a nicer version of this building that uses better materials such as red brick.

Also

Since this is an Architecture thread what do you guys think of Trumps taste?

And

Who /Melbourne/ here?

His own places are really gaudy. Like Russian Billionaire gangster-tier

a bit gaudy.

It's good to be the king.

melbourne is for gays

It's too much for me, especially that 4th one. I like darker colors. The tray ceilings are neat though.

Detroit has so much awesome architecture its always a letdown to see a "good enough" building.

*Sydney

I'm no Aussie but I have 2 of those pics in my "Ideal city design" folder.

On Detroit, about 7 years ago I worked for a woman in her 90's, she moved to Detroit when she was young. No longer lived there, but the topic of Detroit came up and she literally had tears in her eyes when describing how nice the city was back before the decline

What do you guys think of this?

looks cluttery as fuck, you've got horrible taste and should feel bad for posting

Show me the golden ratio Holla Forums

This.

Disgusting kike tier shit.

Sadly.

I was just asking for opinions. Art Deco is my one true love.

Art deco is nice

Many windows is perfectly fine, on the side of a house not facing the road or neighbors. Lets in a lot of sunlight.

Oh, you're a shitposter and/or simply autistic.

Too much time and money, need to make almost soviet-style generic boxes or hire a (((modern art))) architect to design new buildings instead, goy.

Shame it's in such a shitty place. I wouldn't buy property in Detroit for a dollar.

Absolutely patrician.

What the fuck is this? Looks like something out of an autistic/shitty videogame, like Mirror's Edge-tier.

Once we have 3D printed buildings can be finally have good architecture again?

Are you trying to summon Gozer?

Art Deco is good when there's a heavy fascist influence

Yes.

Art Deco should be contained, it shouldn't be a societal standard or nationwide trend. Confined to one city perhaps.

Though I agree with proper fascist influence it has potential.

Christian architecture is best architecture.

Or else what, bitch?

You know I find it interesting that in terms of aesthetics Christianity was almost completely paganized.

I never cared for it.

Way to fucking busy. Like every single surface needed a million things doodled on it.

Blood is stronger.

Small mind

The best parts of christianity are all pagan. The worst are jewish. If it wasn't for pagans, christians wouldn't give away gifts on Christmas. They would loan them out for interest.

Oh now that's just bullshit, Christianity banned Usury and that's why Jews dominated banking to begin with.

I'd say its more the fault of an international architecture hivemind that's taught at university to fetishise the Bauhaus (a particular school of a particular era in a particular nation) and Alvar Aalto (a fuckwit who tried to import Mediterranean styles to the Baltic!), and think that a third-hand 'moderne' style should be applied everywhere and in all situations.

Architects are like that one guy who has to get his fetish in everything. One time in a hundred it's apposite, the other 99 times it's just "no, you idiot!"

chinese quality may be worrying, with fake steel, crumbling concrete, deplorable quality glass, shit like that, but such a project with much advertizing and government involvement means that if something goes wrong, the bosses of the companies that worked on it will get a bullet in the head, so they probably built it well enough

yes please

I hate commies buy Stalinist Architecture is really awesome

Yeah na. Those pics are 99% Christian.

Bland, soul crushing and ugly modernism (reflection of jewish soul - anti-Logos; desire to have us die before our deaths | counter to Life - a divine component of existence) is politics, and the antithesis of ugliness is beauty.

For some reason, beauty aligns with truth and 'soul'… Wonder why?
Ghouls see the world through the eyes of their masters. Think outside the box for once.

You mean localized.

it was "paganized" in terms of everything
you wouldn't even recognize pre-european christianity

It was always entangled with Hellenism.
If it is true, it is with God.

Look at the top…