Movie experience

What do you watch movies/tv on?

VLC, Bluray player, cinema, 4k tv?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofli3s.deviantart.com/art/pix-for-potplayer-285181615
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The cinema screen you fucking pleb. Give your monie to Hollywood, they need it to give us amazing movies.

MPC-HC

Media Player Classic.

MPC is good. VLC is okay, though. The video qualities come out a bit differently compared to each other, depending on your setup, so experiment and go with whichever you prefer.

Emby with Kodi as a front end. 600+ 1080p movies and 40+ 720p full TV shows on 12+TB of HDD space (and always adding more). Needed some way to manage all that.

I'll say this: Kodi>Emby>MPC>VLC

VLC is a very versatile player, but you have to fuck with fifty settings to get the audio and video right for your setup. 1080p movies that Kodi plays without a hitch, VLC will stutter and lag, the audio will go out of sync, the screen will freeze and pixelate. It was fine from 2005-2010 when all I was watching was 700mb axxo rips. But it even struggles to play (1GB-ish) 720p files without tweaking a bunch of settings. If it's a high compression format like mkv or something, forget about it.

MPC is tied into your windows OS, so it always has the best settings for your current config. And if all you want to do is watch one file at a time and not necessarily maintain any kind of library, it's all anyone will ever need as long as you, again, stay away from mkv files.

Kodi is good by itself - it plays anything, does a good job of handling file identity and metadata fetching, and the add-on repositories are a gold mine for streamers - but getting it to sync across multiple devices requires running and maintaining your own mysql database, or handing it off to a third-party program. Library updates and metadata fetching have to be initiated manually. It doesn't fuck that up very often, but when it does, it's annoying to have to correct.

Emby is a wonderful backend for kodi. (It's OK as a standalone service, but I don't like watching shit in a web browser.) You can choose to run it as a service, so it watches your predetermined folders for new media, auto-fetches all the relevant info, and updates your library (and feeds the updates to Kodi if so configured) automagically. Also, with emby, I have four devices that work off the same library, so watched/unwatched and start/resume status is shared between them, making it possible to move from room to room in the middle of something and picking up right where you left off with no guesswork.

I use some KMPlayer knock-off because KPlayer went to shit. Werks for me.

But .mkv works just fine on MPC-HC

Oh. It's been years since I used MPC. I had to go even look what the HC version was. So OK. Use that then.

wait, there are people who unironically use VLC?

PotPlayer. Despite the name, it's the best player I used on windows.

KMPlayer but I usually plug in my external to my smart tv or stream using ps3 media server. I got to the cinema sometimes. Rarely though.

Linuxcucks and Macfags.

The best feature of pot player is having no edges to the player window.

MPDN + LAV Filters Megamix.

MPC-HC, with kawaii codec, on a 19 CRT monitor and sometimes a 24 inch lcd. I also have a 25 inch CRT TV with a 32inch LCD tv. and a 24 inch widescreen trinotron CRT monitor in storage that i will some day justify all the money i spent on it.

I have CRTs for old movies/games/emulation and lcds for new movies/games.

there's a nice mod for that worldofli3s.deviantart.com/art/pix-for-potplayer-285181615

I don't watch movies or tv shows.

you should watch film

Tried the MPC meme and had no reason to go back. VLC still opens every once in a while when I open a video file of rare type that I haven't changed to associate with MPC. Take forever to open where MPC is instant. GUI is better in MPC. Those weird color glitches also don't happen in MPC. Really no reason to use VLC.

baka mplayer is comfy af my niggas

I'll pass.

Yes goy, buy the poopretary Blu-Ray™ files

Jesus Christ, this is a "medium"?
Thanks.

Zoom Player. I like the interface better than MPC-HC, and you can use custom aspect ratios (good for correcting certain pieces that are a little bit off).

Is that an actual pic user? Looks comfy

what position do you sit/ lie in while using the keyboard?

VLC. Best media player by far. Only stupid faggots who bought into the hype use anything else.

Just sitting with the keyboard and mouse at bed level.

ffplayer

mpv