I haven't made one of these in a while...

I haven't made one of these in a while. I decided to have no pretentiousness about it and just list what made me laugh most and what I considered most quotable.

Please tell me why my list is shit or make recommendations if you can think of anything it's missing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xRoSL0kdQFk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not into comedies but you gotta have Hot Fuzz and Monty Python and the Holy Grail/Life of Brian. The Bling Ring was also funny, but its satire. Also Dr. Strangelove

To be honest, I've never seen Hot Fuzz. I hate Simon Pegg. I've never found anything he was in funny. I hate Shaun of the Dead. I utterly despise that movie. I skipped out on Hot Fuzz as a result, the trailer only looked like more of the same "You and your MONKEY" "OI DOES HE MEAN ME O' THA?" Painfully unfunny Russel Brand-level shit.

Objectively, I like the Monty Python movies, they're extremely quotable and while I get why they're funny, I've never laughed while watching them. I've quoted them myself numerous times. "I got better." and all, but as much as I get why they're clever, I personally never laughed. With everything on the list, I can quote a specific line or sequence (particularly in the case of the silent films) that makes me laugh to think about. Scenes which have subsequently been repeated in other films as well. Like, I put the first two Austin Powers on but not the third because I sat there thinking "there's not a single new joke in this film, we've seen all these gags already."

It's not like it's a British thing either, I enjoyed Mr Bean, though I didn't find either of his movies nearly as funny as his show.

I'd never heard of it… The cast gives me trepidation, I see a lot of names I don't much care for, but I'll look up a trailer and check it out if I like what I see. Note: If it's like Jawbreaker, Romy & Michelle's Highschool Reunion or Sugar & Spice I'll hate it, but if it's like Clueless I'll probably like it.

I hate Simon Pegg now but hot fuzz is still pretty good. Way better than shaun of the dead which is overrated as fuck. Probably worth it to check it out

The cast was good in the bling ring, what matters is if you like sofia coppola, I usually dont but her direction fit the film well

To add stop looking at trailers, trailers are really cancer and cut films completely to shit that are or arent comedies.

I FUCKING HATE THE CORNETTO TRILOGY
Shaun of the Dead is shit. Hot Fuzz is trash. World's End is pure garbage. They are Reddit incarnate and it pains me that this is what Americans think of when they think of British Comedy. Making fun of northerners/the west country doesn't constitute humour. Zombies are done to death as are apocalypse films. If that wasn't bad enough they try and put deep messages and action into it. How about making it funny first you fucking retards? What's so funny about A FUCKING POT PLANT. Maybe I should inject mercury into my brain with a hypodermic needle so I can finally enjoy these films.

Watch 'Magicians' instead, much funnier film.

I thought hot fuzz was pretty funny plus it has based dalton, i think this is pasta

No pasta. I really didn't like Hot Fuzz. I thought it was moderately funny for the first 15 minutes then it was awful. I turned it off when the gunfight broke out, I think it was halfway through but I wasn't watching any more of it. I couldn't believe this was supposed to be a hit.

Took me a while to find a clip from it, all that came up initially was clips from that awful syfy show.

The clip I saw didn't do much for me, but I'd still watch it.

I'm with you. "Shaun of the Dead" was rather forgettable IMO, made me skip "Hot Fuzz" and everything else involving Simon Pegg.

If it's video related with Mitchell & Webb, then I'm sold. Gonna watch this later on.

Please give us more examples of kino Brit comedy, user.

his character in hot fuzz is easily the most likeable character hes been

Yup, it's that one. And as for movies there is not much, it's very sparse indeed. British comedy is mosty on the telly. You are better off with comedy TV Shows. Some recommendations:

Kino Tier: Brass Eye, The Day Today, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Bruiser, Big Train, Fawlty Towers, Peep Show, Father Ted, The Thick Of It, Dad's Army, The Office, Not Going Out, The Mighty Boosh, Only Fools And Horses, I'm Alan Partridge, Saxondale, Black Books, Nathan Barley, House of Fools, Count Arthur Strong, Extras, Yes Prime Minister, Garth Marengi's Darkplace, The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Okay Tier: Spaced, The Young Ones, The IT Crowd, Bottom, Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em, Outnumbered, My Family, Men Behaving Badly, Fresh Meat, Raised By Wolves, Peter Kay's Car Share, Would I Lie To You?, Absolutely Fabulous, Are You Being Served?, One Foot in the Grave, Porridge, Allo' Allo'!, Last of the Summer Wine, Open All Hours, Noel Fieldings Luxury Comedy Series 2

Unfunny Cancer Tier: Have I Got News For You, Mock The Week, Mr's Brown's Boys, Citizen Khan, Russell Howard's Good News, Some Girls, Sweat the Small Stuff, Miranda, Benidorm, Bad Education, Yonderland, QI, Michael Mackintyre's Comedy Roadshow, The League of Gentlemen, The Vicar of Dibley, Spitting Image, Big Top, The Wright Way, Coming of Age, Noel Fieldings Luxury Comedy Series 1

Just my opinions, anons feel free to argue about it if you don't agree and add to it of course.

Mock the Week was good until the SJWs started tearing it apart. They turned Boyle from someone who would joke about the Queen's pussy being haunted into a backpedaling turbocuck even worse than most of them put together. Howard was always a cuck but I didn't put two and two together until an user spelled it out in front of me and his material continued to get less and less varied up to a point where it was formulaic:

And all Spitting Image will be remembered for is that Genesis music video. They tried it again in the 90s with 2DTV and then again in the 2000s with Headcases, but they just never could get it right and turn it into anything beyond motion caricatures.

There was a more recent one on ITV with puppets but it was all celebrity parodies with very little original humour. Like something somebody called Shannon who lives in a council house would laugh raucously at.

And I forgot to add the worst offender of them all to cancer tier - The Last Leg. Used to be humour about the Paralympics and it slowly evolved into refugee cock-gargling. And the other two just sit there awkwardly while Adam makes these cringeworthy political rants that sound like a misinformed preteen. If ever there was an Australian who deserved to only have one leg, it's Adam Hills. People complain about BBC bias but Channel 4 has them fucking beat on pandering with le funny cripple show.

You had me at "Brass Eye", Britanon. That show is fucking hilarious, a damn shame they ended it so soon. Video related kills me every time, my sides leave the orbit.

I've been meaning to rewatch "Peep Show" and "That Mitchell & Webb Look" for a while, one of these days I'll pick it up. Same with "The Office" UK version.

"Might Boosh" also seems interesting because of Noel Felding's character in IT Crowd, this clip had me in stitches because I'm a Metalfag so that makes it even funnier

youtu.be/xRoSL0kdQFk

Nice list, Britanon!

No problem user, happy to oblige. Mighty Boosh has a lot of musical humour as Noel Fielding is into that scene, one of the reccuring jokes is that Howard Moon listens to shitty old jazz that nobody likes. Saxondale might also appeal to you, it's about a washed up rockstar who is now middle aged working in pest control.

What shows have humor like video related, Britanon? I recall this one triggered a whole bunch of snowflakes, but I'm not sure what happened afterwards. Did they backpedal and apologize/take it off the air?

You are a true patrician, only plebs like that shitty trilogy

If you mean non-PC humour then there is very little. The BBC has guidelines against it, and other channels are hesitant to rock the boat by putting out potentially offensive material.

However, there are shows that mock the French (Allo Allo), the irish (Father Ted), hipsters (Nathan Barley) and politicians (Yes Prime Minister, The Thick of It), so maybe that will whet your appetite.

Also check out this 10 minute compilation from Bruiser. Funny as fuck and has a few muslim/gay jokes, right up your alley i'm thinking.

Thankyou user, finally somebody who gets it.

That's a fucking disgrace, Britanon. What the hell happened to you guys.

The great Benny Hill must be rolling in his grave.

It's a shame, but what can you do? At least we're not forced to pay for it with taxes oh wait

my man, you don't need "recommendations", you need to kys asap

What do you have against idiocracy? It summarizes the left pretty well.

I feel like your post was written in earnest, and I appreciate the effort, but I'm 40 minutes into The Bling Ring and I feel like I'm getting all four wisdom teeth pulled without painkillers, in slow motion.

Where's the jokes? So far this is just a squad of vapid California teenagers breaking into the homes of vapid California celebrities and stealing their shit. I don't care about these characters, I don't even like them. What was with the little three minute black and white scene of the dude dancing in front of a webcam? Was that in case I wasn't yet certain the dude was gay? Because I mean, he wears scarves in every scene wants to go to fashion school and has so far displayed no interest in any of the girls he's hanging out with.

So far the closest to a smirk I've had watching this film was Emma Watson's speech about karma, and wanting to run a non-profit "or maybe even a country or something" sounding like Hillary Clinton, and how ironic it was to hear little miss #HeForShe saying that.