Everything you know is a lie

Nearly all so called "health foods" are actually unhealthy in many regards, especially nuts, legumes, many seeds in general, vegetable oils, fatty fish, fish oils, etc.
Many naughty nutrients are actually healthy, especially sugar, saturated fat, cholesterol, salt, etc.

Cholesterol and saturated fat don't cause heart disease.
Polyunsaturated fats and poor collagen synthesis cause heart disease.

Sugar doesn't cause diabetes.
Polyunsaturated fat causes diabetes.
Sugar actually assists in the treatment of diabetes.

Sugar doesn't cause cancer.
Polyunsaturated fat causes cancer.
Saturated fat helps reverse cancerous states.

Sugar/carbs don't make you fat.
Fat makes you fat.

High carb ratio diets promote longevity.
High protein ratio diets increase mortality.

Testosterone isn't the ultimate masculinizing hormone. In fact, going out of your way to raise testosterone specifically tends to raise estrogen through aromatization.
Dihydrotestosterone is much more potent for masculinization.

Dihydrotestosterone doesn't cause baldness or prostate cancer.
Male pattern baldness is multifactorial but teenagers, who have the highest DHT of any age group, have lower rates of baldness and prostate cancer, but older men have higher estrogen ratios and lower DHT, but DHT still gets the blame in the popular media.

Increasing serotonin does not treat depression. In fact, it makes you sadder, more autistic, promotes feelings of helplessness.
Dopamine and allopregnanolone treats depression and loneliness.

There, I just gave you a small guide to scrutinize many of the health gainz goblins that will try to coerce you into dying sooner. I realize I haven't given a single citation here, but I figure if you really want to know you'll just look at the research and find out yourself. Okay, I'm being lazy tonight, but I want to see some (you)s. Otherwise, I expect you to react autistically like I just claimed the earth was flat or something. People like that don't want evidence anyways. The only pitfall is if you accidentally read observational studies instead of research with an experimental design. Observational studies are full of misleading information. If you take one thing away from this post, stop eating polyunsaturated fats and get a decent amount of carbs.

Other urls found in this thread:

raypeat.com/articles/articles/fats-functions-malfunctions.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/nutrition/oils-in-context.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturatedfats.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/cancer-disorder-energy.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Polyunsaturated fats…
So… Little Debbie's?
That's your giant secret?
Avoid Twinkies to be healthy?
No one will believe you…

Trolling? It's in a million food products. Soybean oil, canola oil, corn oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil, cottonseed oil, vegetable oils in general, (Coconut oil is mainly saturated fat.) flax seeds, fatty fish, cod liver oil, fish oil, tree nuts, etc. If it's a seed, an animal that endures cold temperatures (such as cold or deep water fish) or an animal that eats one of those (such as rabbits), except for ruminants, it deserves scrutinization for the presence of polyunsaturated fat.

So are you saying Twinkies are healthy or unhealthy?

Omega 3/6 and DHA are also polyunsaturated fats. No matter how much media claims these poison are good for your brain, experimental research shows otherwise.

I don't have the nutrition facts for Twinkies. They probably have garbage ingredients that are unhealthy, but most people would categorize them as unhealthy for having sugar in them, which is not the reasoning I would use.

Tell me what you know about high blood pressure then, so I can better judge the wisdom you're sharing

calories make you fat actually…

You really don't like polyunsaturated fats, huh? I see your posts all over the place, and you really need to chill the fuck out

You're using the wrong metric to confirm what I'm saying. This is more like a thing where if it piques your interest, you save it for later and then go digging through Google Scholar or something. But anyways the common wisdom for high blood pressure is to decrease sodium. I find this to be backwards as sodium is an essential nutrient for living and restricting it unnecessarily will activate the aldosterone/sodium retention system as a stress reaction. Having adequate sodium is essential for maintaining things like magnesium levels and properly metabolizing calcium. It's like telling a sick person to endure more stress in order to get well. I would say, generally, any additional blood pressure from sodium intake is probably restoring homeostasis in the vast majority of cases, and that additional blood pressure will tend to help things. Every case is different, however. Dogma doesn't help sick people.

i'm curious of what your body looks like OP. Are you /fit/, fat, or a twink?

Your health knowledge, whether true or not shows you have an autistic obsession with nutrition which leads me to believe you are some kind of health nut.

Well I ask because the only thing that lowers my blood pressure is the fish oil I take every morning. Which leads me to believe that you are full of shit. Do you see the conundrum?

Based on his writing style I'd like to.accuse him of being a husky neckbeard, but since he also visits or at least shills on /cuteboys/, maybe he's a twink.

There are studies with experimental design where they find that the composition of body fat directly reflects the composition of dietary fat and that the process of turning other nutrients, such as sugar, into fat is so terribly indirect as to make it irrelevant to most people. If you get fat from eating higher carb, it is because the body is preferring to burn the carbs and store the dietary fat. Now why people never seem to suggest restricting fat intake but instead vilify carbs in order to lose body fat is just baffling.

I'm very healthy these days and consume enormous amounts of sugar, much of it through the lactose in milk and orange juice. I also normally have a large coffee drink that I sip on while at work with 120 grams of added table sugar, and I eat ice cream every night (because even though it is high in fat, it's mostly dairy fat and has egg yolks in it). I've never been fat in my life, but I wasn't very anabolic until I upped my carbs to where they are now. I've started putting on muscle mass and gained a lot of strength while not even lifting weights. I like my proportions now. My understanding is that the carbs are fueling my thyroid and restricting cortisol and adrenaline, and the thyroid hormones are causing steroid hormone production to increase.

No, I don't. It seems more likely that you are blindly attacking this single health metric, but I don't know the context. Higher blood pressure made me feel stronger. Do you like feeling weak?

No. I've been repeating my crusade against the polyunsaturated fats long enough on Holla Forums that there may be others that took my advice. However, there is a large community following a biologist named Ray Peat that such a person may have come from.

Actually its a genetic problem, not trolling, we are programmed to die, so if you eat sugar you will die from eating sugar and if you dont eat sugar you will die anyways, the secret is eating just what you need, i still remember those tards saying that not eating will enlarge your lifespan or that eating just soy beans will make you healthy, pure crap, now a serious answer, its about money, try watching soylent green, what they want are the cheapest slaves and we are paying for shit, eating "garbage" is what supported our brains.

Where do you even come from with statements like these? How is this relevant? Sure genes matter, but wow, this is fatalistic nonsense. I used to be in poor health, and then I changed my diet, and now I'm in good health. I'm sure just accepting my genetic fate would have done me a whole lot of good.

OP, post a celebrity with the same body type so what we are dealing with, or better, post your actual body, because I've eaten ice cream like you've described and all it's made me is fat and near heart attacks.

The poison makes the dose you pseudointellectual pinhead

The kind I eat has egg yolks instead of gums, and I don't actually recommend this part of my diet if you want to lose fat. I'm really just bragging that I can get away with it. You can try fat free sugared milk, or even better, put coffee in that. I've been on a ton of caffeine and various stimulants the past few months to change other health factors such as liver health and decreasing serotonin levels, and the ice cream is even coffee flavored. My position is high carb, lower fat is ideal for fat loss, but you can get away with more if you drink a ton of coffee, take vitamin K2 (MK-4), methylene blue, methylated saturated fatty acid esters, etc.

Don't bother arguing with him, they'll just accuse you of pulling bullshit out of thin air while simultanepusly doing the same. Watch this, I can prove it:
polyunsaturated fats are good for you because they are the kinds of fats characterized by multiple double bonds that contain less calories than saturated fats per unit of volume

raypeat.com/articles/articles/fats-functions-malfunctions.shtml

raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturated-oils.shtml

raypeat.com/articles/nutrition/oils-in-context.shtml

raypeat.com/articles/articles/unsaturatedfats.shtml

raypeat.com/articles/articles/cancer-disorder-energy.shtml

Did you age like a coelacanth? are you healthy? seriously? what is being healthy? can you move faster than a mantis shrimp? can you get a bullet like a bear? can you become a baby if you are too old and live a again like a nutricula? its a genetic problem and you are missing the subject.

Funny how the responses stopped after some claims with scientific references appeared.

i drink a lot of whole milk is this good or bad?

Friendly reminder:
Saturated and mono-unsaturated fats increase testosterone.
Polyunsaturated fats decrease it.
There is no such thing as "bad cholesterol"

I'm not going to provide sources on these. You can look them up yourselves and that alone will bring you down a much deeper rabbit hole.

Whole milk is good. Most vitamins and minerals are fat soluble but not water soluble. The act of removing the fat from the milk removes many nutrients along with it. Some of these nutrients are added back into low fat milk but not all. Also:

It's good in that you are drinking a source of fairly saturated fat. Maintaining a high ratio of saturated to polyunsaturated fat will protect you from disease and help maintain a more youthful metabolism in the long term, but an absolutely high amount of dietary fat will make it difficult to maintain low body fat even if it's the healthier saturated fat. Whether or not the whole milk is enough fat to make you fat depends on the context of the rest of your diet. If you want to drink a high amount of milk everyday, such as a gallon (1 liter is more reasonable.) of milk a day, 0-1% may be more reasonable.