Let's talk Holla Forums forums

Is it me, or are Holla Forums related forums literal autism and/or rulefaggotry?

Pic related is a old for sale thread on ThinkPads.com, the moderators actually edited the title to add.. a trigger warning for 56k users.

Other urls found in this thread:

eelis.net/C /analogliterals.xhtml
archive.is/pkD2R
forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=107693
blog.steveklabnik.com/posts/2012-03-31-anti-capitalism-101
web.archive.org/web/20170414075849/http://words.steveklabnik.com/a-eulogy-for-my-20s
github.com/steveklabnik
startpage.com
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
searx.me/
searx.de/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Classic forums are usually on really shitty webhosts and try to preserve bandwidth as much as possible.
But yes, all Holla Forums forums are autism, including this one.

Retired boomers are generally the mods so it is to be expected.

Why would you want it any other way?

A tech forum without autistic faggotry sounds like the best thing ever.

Alas, that's like asking Panasuckit to make a CF-31 with a Kaby Lake i7 Quad: not gonna happen!

There's good autism and there's bad autism.
Good autism: eelis.net/C /analogliterals.xhtml
Bad autism: Holla Forums threads on systemd, feminism and Holla Forums meta.
I prefer good autism tbqh

Believe me, it can't be worse than the pozzed Notebookreview.

While techinferno is pozzed too they do give NBR the middle finger: archive.is/pkD2R

tech and meme hacker formus are always basement dweller retarded cunts who are obsessed with "being le nice to the posters" as well as ego tripping and masturbatory profile pics and quotes.

I laugh my ass of when people have their fucking stupid 3edgy5me deep quote under their profile that you have to look at whenever you see their posts. Cancer, all of it

This one is gold. I challenge you to find a cringier one.

No words describe my disgust. My quote would be

this and this
every big forum has like 100 dudes with 200K posts each who are banned.
i particularly hate forums like unknowncheats and the other game hacking forums where some mod has to verify any file you post to "check" if it has malware, and all these other special snowflake rules nobody cares about except the mods and their sycophants.
also 8ch for being faggots and blocking tor from posting images. the mods in Holla Forums are faggots as well tbh

also those fucking sign up forms with special snowflake rules that take 20 minutes to figure out EVERY TIME. and now they have this new recaptcha bullshit which is 1000x worse than the original recaptcha and everyone's too cucked to use any other captcha solution.
yare yare

You mean Hackforums 'n shit? Oh boy, if you wanna hear stories from a HF oldfag (March 2009), ask me. That forum is the epitome of shit moderation, even worse than 4chan.

Why is the internet so fucked up, rule wise? What happened to the unsafe space mentality of it?

most of these forums don't let you use throwaway emails (whatever that means) so you have to go register a throwaway email on some email service to register there. some of them only allow "good" emails like gmail and hotmail, and some try to build a blacklist of email services that you can make throwaway accounts on such as gmail,hotmail,yahoo,yandex

It's like user previously said.
All the rulefags are fucking retired babyboomers too scared of modern culture to let anyone actually display a personality outside of 'friendly college tutor.' They're probably parents too and "don't want to set a bad example" the fucking faggots

aside from gamedeception and unknowncheats (multiplayer game hacking forums), i dont remember any hacking forums in particular (all i remember is something something carding fud crypter binder etc) but aiight sounds like an interesting story

How old? I saw that regularly on the various forums I went to up into the late 2000s, especially on gun related forums.

Because that past never existed, most smaller websites have always had a higher moderator/user ratio and more rule enforcement, and not everything runs like today's relatively unmoderated social media sites.

How come it seems like most of the people who complain about "rulefaggotry" have their views of the internet based around newer social media sites and either didn't really start using the internet until social media sites started taking off or are underage?

That's true. I barely interacted with people online after Facebook was a thing. Before that it was mostly MS Messenger with schoolmates or very rarely someone I met on Hotline.

I spent my time autistically playing Marathon and Starcraft single player before all that.

The best ones are the ones who have no clue how moderation works.

One forum I was one, someone asked for help, and Mod came in and said it was impossible and immediately locked the thread. So I had to PM the guy and tell him that the Mod was wrong.

These same Mods are the retards deleting threads instead of simply locking out of control threads, or letting rules slide because they have no fucking clue what they're doing.

And every now and again, they fail to ban a user, or they'll edit someone's account and fuck up all their settings. I've seen User titles gone missing, strange permissions being set on people. Mods always respond me "We don't know! *Locks thread*".

I've come to like image boards more in the last few years simply because half the time, it's self-moderation. You can tell people to go kys when they're being retarded.

I hate having to jump through all those fucking hoops just to make a one time post on a random ass forum.

Years ago people just shrugged it off. You had to have a bit of a clue as to what you were doing on a forum in the first place, and as such it meant that you had a semi functioning brain. IE: You can follow instructions.

Most of those people who could do that were not completely unstable. People who we unstable were mocked and just left all together, others eventually either grew thicker skin, or got the help they need in IRL.

Now in 2017, safe spaces are everywhere and spread the mentality that they're mental issues are not the problem, everyone else is to blame.

Hope that makes sense, it is still early here.

forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=107693

Well remember people who use thinkpads can't afford good internet.

56k warnings have been a thing forever. Who gives a shit

"56k warnings have been a thing forever."

There's a fine line between a 56k warning in the title, and being autistic about fuckhueg images.

So you went to a site that has a rule stating that you have to do something, then complain that site has a rule.

Typical Holla Forumsyp being so retarded he gets triggered by everything

Most tech forums are 99% people who know nothing about tech. Speaking of retarded hotpockets, I always fucking hate how forums have a rurr against necroing threads. Literally the only reason that shit still exists is because of the cold shower experiment, nobody in the world knows why it's wrong to revive an old thread if new relevant information comes or if it's posts are relevant for a related subject, but everyone gives each other cold showers (bans, locks, whatever) for it because it's what was done to them.

Tell us user. I've my screenshotter ready.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This guy is a huge leftist fag and an unironic anarcho-communist.

A few gems from his blog:

blog.steveklabnik.com/posts/2012-03-31-anti-capitalism-101

web.archive.org/web/20170414075849/http://words.steveklabnik.com/a-eulogy-for-my-20s

Also, he seems to waste too much time on github. Like, too much.

github.com/steveklabnik

Have you considered going back to Holla Forums yourself?

Oh boy, you've gotta see how much spergs there are on the BeamNG forums.

Back in '09, there was a huge babyfur meme caused by one staff member, that's about everything I remember so far. Haven't been on HF in ages too.

So basically, HF = cancer.

nigga i aint clickin that shit

He's the pseudo-BDFL of Rust. So that's not surprising.

What?

startpage.com

Except he appears to have written this when he was about to turn 30.

At the end of your 1st year of life, you turn 1. At the end of your 2nd year of life, you turn 2. At the end of your 29th year of life, you turn...29, not 30.

Nigger can't even count.

no wonder he needs Rust

That's actually a pretty helpful warning. People with their bloating fucking GIF avatars and banners are a menace to low-bandwidth users everywhere.

github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
searx.me/
searx.de/
etc...

searx is ridiculously slow.

Googling "memes" took me less than a second while searxing "memes" took ten seconds and said that no results were found.

Literal shit search engine. I just searched it again and this time it found results but it took ten seconds this time.

I wish I knew one.

I feel like there's a lot of users here I really enjoy talking to, but there's a few retards and a few pathological bits of culture that ruin everything.

Holla Forums is a lot better than most but there's a few fatal flaws:

I also use it but isn't it proprietary? I sent them an email regarding this 2 days ago and they've not responded.

Were you there before the PC port and everything went to shit with having to click banners to get leech access?

I remember harassing the fuck out of Jason Roks for fucking over Hinkley. Oh and all the icon list drama.

No site with non-anonymous user accounts is worth posting on. "Forums" are literally forced namefaggotry and forced avatarfaggotry.