Back to 1995

A recent archeological find uncovered another cringeworthy video guide to Windows 95.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kGYcNcFhctc
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8PMyZcBRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here is the video

youtu.be/kGYcNcFhctc

Just started watching it. I'm not sitting through this whole hour. I cringed as soon as the title sequence ended.

Simpler times. I even somewhat miss Windows 95.

Do you miss Windows 95 or do you miss those days? Personally, when i say i miss WIndows 98, it doesn't mean i really liked 98 or MS, it just means i miss those carefree days from my childhood that i spent on a Compaq Presario desktop computer with 128 MB ram, 450 MHz Pentium III running Windows 98. Can you believe i used that computer from 1999 to 2005? But would I be happier if I installed 98 on it again. No, I would not, I think.

And where's the video?

Its in the second post.

why cringe? videos like this were trying to encourage the average person to learn the OS and not be terrified of their computer.

The trash of yesterday are today's classics.

Look how well that turned out, we have shitheads with phones now.

I see your 95 cringe and raise you one XP cringe.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8PMyZcBRk
>actiontrip.com full of

I miss having a GUI that just fucking works and isn't shitted up by UX charlatans and Mobile(C)-First(R) Architecture (TM). Similar to how nothing in Linux desktop (such as gtk or qt) works except plain X11 programs.

You just articulated my feelings exactly. 100% agree. No matter what anyone says Windows 9x/NT GUI was a masterpiece of simplicity and consistency. Sure it had it's problems, but everything since then has been worse. Skinnable interface a shit.

I actually found myself a VHS tape for learning windows 98, still in the shrink wrap.
I don't have the heart to open it.

I have a Highlander blooper reel on VHS I got at a garage sale for $0.50 years ago. I've never watched it. I've never watched Highlander, either.

What am I reading here?

It's probably worth a lot to a collector.

Hey one of my comments is on the video...
Strange how this video keeps coming up and haunting me...

Also how does Jennifer Aniston continue not aging?

record it an upload it to myspleen

Jennifer Aniston is a clone.

autism

Good times.

I miss DOS. The windows OS, not so much, although I had a bit of fun ricing it back in the day.

What everybody knows to be true. GUI toolkits have been increasingly fucking up UX consistency.

NOBODY TOLD ME LIFE WAS GONNA BE THIS WAAAAAAY

Remember the Weezer video buried on the Windows 95 CD? I thought it was so awesome. It probably would look like a blurry postage stamp now.

Take a look at the Friends (2017) trailer if you want to cringe. I mean, these were never good actors, but holy shit what a difference a good direction makes.

I'll admit the first time I saw it was only a few years ago but after seeing it I saw that even the Huffington Post made comment on it in 2005. Dude.

Courtney cocks was so beautiful now she's just another rundown bimbo that has been through a lightyear of dicks.