PC thread

PC thread

Other urls found in this thread:

maxxinteractive.com/site/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm posting from my Gaming Laptop and it probably has better specs than your full-blown computer tbh

why do people do such retardation?

my specs are shit but i'll post anyways, posting from my laptop so i'll just list my desktop specs:

amd-8120 8 core processor
GTX 660 TI
32 gb ddr3 ram
asus sabertooth mb

So it ends up with less dust. I have mine inside the desk about one inch above the floor, and it's still a worthwhile amount of dust to clean after a year.
Also those side window and flashy LEDs don't do anything if nobody can see them.

this tbh, takes up like 30% of your desks space

go away cuckchanner.

You suck tbqh femme

get a case with dust filters, I just check them every couple months and wash them off.
get a HVAC filter that has a >10 merv rating and see your dust go down by a lot.

but y, they're always expensive shit.
r7 1700, 16gb 3000Mhz, gtx 970 superclocked, + many ssds/hdds.
get fucked cunt

VMs?

2500K at 4.7Ghz, GTX 1070.
Didn't think so faggot.

whats wrong with apple?

impressive specs, but can you post emojis
👉👌💩

Is there a way without becoming the vermin that is phoneposters?

you could be a tablet poster :^)

😂

My IT buddy used to make a killing cleaning computers that belonged to faggots like you in highschool. Keep up the good work.

ikr, where am i supposed to put my redbull cans and dirty dishes if i have that big old thing taking up all the room?

lol poor

yeah I'm so worried about blowing out my system with my air compressor once or twice a year.
even when I idled my system 24/7 with no filters it was never an issue. clean house, clean system you filthy cunt.

Whatever makes you feel better, poorfag.

t. NSA

Haha, enjoy your botnet. I have Libreboot installed. Aqua has nothing on my IRIX desktop environment.

must be one of the ugliest os's i've seen. tho it's better than using a botnet

Beautiful, user. Beautiful.

Buying an old ThinkPad and Librebooting it or paying someone to do it isn't expensive or difficult. It costs under $200 total. You can use them for most average computing tasks still and my T400 works great and could still be further upgraded to a 2.8GHz Core 2 and 8GB of RAM. If you want the IRIX desktop then you can install it Linux. Currently only Intel 64-bit Fedora is supported.

maxxinteractive.com/site/

IM A COMPLETE FUCKING NIGGER RETARD AND I NEED MUH APPLE COMPOOTAH CUZ IT JUST WERKS DURRR

Impressive, but I have an i7 Skylake with 16GBs of DDR4 on my lappy. Your GPU is better though, I have a 970m

yes, i plan on running vms on it.

what about hackintoshes?
I wonder if people still do that

So in that way you got me beat. What i hate about i7-HQs is that they can't go into some form of low power mode or only use 2 cores so they hit i7-U power consumption. My i7HQ laptop has a sizeable battery but is dead after 2 hours of use.

That's your problem. i7 laptops are more akin to desktop replacements and the batteries in them are more akin to having a built-in UPS than having it run the PC all the time. I keep my shit plugged in and on my desk. The dedicated GPU isn't even enabled on this unless it's on AC power. You don't buy a gaming laptop for portability, you buy it because it's more convenient than a desktop. Why do you think most 1,000+ dollar business class ultra-thins (the ones actually meant to be portable) have no dedicated GPUs and are mostly i5s?

>tfw have T60 with ati graghics
>tfw have x200 but it's a tablet so it's a pain

someday.

I realize this and i knew about the shitty battery life. All im saying is that it shouldn't be that hard to make a mode where this thing undervolts itself or does whateverthefuck so it turns into a i7-U, at least from my naive understanding. What stops you from making a laptop with a full on quadcore CPU and beast dGPU, that can turn into a low power mode where it disables the dGPU and leans down the CPU to a dualcore?

You can disable CPU cores in some BIOS' and AFAIK there might be third party tools for Windows to do it in software as well. CPU manufactures don't like playing with voltage levels at the factory beyond the known safe-zone because every CPU is slightly different and different silicon yields as well as other things like ambient pressure and temperature can all greatly effect a CPUs voltage tolerances. That's why undervolting is generally left to the user so they can find their specific CPUs tolerances themselves

sound like those type of laptops need to go the mobile phone route and have a beefy processor for workloads and a tiny 2-4 core cpu for light loads.
idk how much of an issue that would be doing it on x86 apposed to arm. couldn't be that much more expensive to throw a tiny Pentium grade chip in there.

You're not wrong, user. Unfortunately those laptops cost above 1500 shekels. I haven't Kill-a-Watted my new laptop yet, but I'd imagine it only throttles down to about 15 watts, despite it having the Core i7 6710hq.

x86 processors do already disable a lot of power-hungry featured to reduce power consumption as well as downclock and disable cores. He was asking why they don't undervolt them (which is a different beast from downclocking) and why high-end i7 don't disable cores automatically to save power. more portable SKUs do this but I don't think i7s do, which they really should

So you're saying these exist?

That sounds like a good way of doing it, i wonder why no one produces this kind of thing. There's not even a single niche workstation laptop available with this feature.

Just wanted to say that another problem with the CPU-switcher method is that it only works on mobile because the OEMs have complete control over the operating system. Android kernel itself is modified to support this feature, it needs the process always running in the background. Conventional computers aren't that simple because they are expected to be able to take multiple operating systems. I suppose you could write it in the firmware or CPU microcode but it's more trouble than it's worth in this case

Yes, they do exist. I got that MSI Stealth Pro. Pretty legit.

well they went through the trouble of doing the whole switching gpu thing, which isn't exactly linux friendly. jewtel could probably just puke up a driver for such a thing.

The fuck happened to the wall by your window?