Why don't we have a writing board?

I ask because fuck if I'm going to do anything productive I might as well share my writing shit with the rest of the world where I get unbiased reviews and not shit-show liberals criticizing because I do not pander to their political mindset with my work.

Seriously, why do we not have something that's like /write/?

Pic related, waiting for board.

Other urls found in this thread:

cgi.ebay.com/272470575785
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We have shit like /lit/ and /writ/ but they're dead.

Those uckers betta revive their boards.

You could make one I guess, there was that fairly popular writefag thread that was here for a while but I think conversation died off when it sort of just became another circlejerky back and forth between like three anons, as those sorts of threads are won't to become.

Make another one of those and you might gather up enough people to start up a board, shill it hard enough and it might stay alive for a couple weeks.

You mean the user who was writing that scifi thing and kept updating it every two minutes? Even posting it in the drawfag thread where artists flatout called it boring?

If you create a board for writing, it won't last. The best case scenario would keep the normal write general lively, while allowing greentext stories to be posted within it. It'll keep it bumped all the time, while attracting lurkers to the thread from the curiosity of what's actually being written.

Yeah me.
I kinda look like a bitch.
I'm just excited.

We used to have an erotic writing board called /sext/ but one of Holla Forums's original moderators used Holla Forums to raid it leading mark to remove the guy. The board never recovered.

I didn't really stick around that long since I sort of just pitched my idea and left, but I remember that being a thing that was happening, yeah.

I knew it was going to go downhill when people started posting with names for what project they were working on. That's always when conversation tanks.

You can be excited, but you don't need to let us know every five minutes. Not to sound discouraging, since I get like that too sometimes, but you need to let people breath.

About the drawfag thing. I was just looking if someone liked it from outside the writefags who know how the whole schlong is made.

We started that because there was like 5 main plots at one time and people were starting to get confused about which story they were talking about. We should've stopped as soon as the new thread began tough.

Halfchan /lit/ (think newfags read?) is still good, there are threads that come around every once in a while.

kys

Well, around the Exodus and the fappening some boards were getting bigger recognition, especially those that weren't related to GG like /fit/, /k/, /ck/, /r9k/, /x/ and such and producing content.
The fact that these boards are amongst the least visited with recognition here tells me that there's probably still good content in those boards.
But I can't go back to 4chan, even if I had more fun and comfyness there than ever in Holla Forums, simply because I can't ignore a place with just one global rule.
Now if the codemonkeyz got rid of all the hugboxe safe sp boards the traffic could be redirected in general boards.
But there's also the "Go back to >>>/board/" attitude.

It's true. /toy/ never took off here because half/toy/ never got really bad and is still thriving.

you mean another ded board?
with the "large" population we already have to split around?

Yeah Holla Forums apparently only has 370 active users. That's not really alot. With attempts to make spin offs (/art/ /comic/ /loomis/ etc) they haven't been successful because there's not a big enough populace here to really substain a new board. Even if you do make a writing board it's probably only gonna have 4 threads and 12 (if you're lucky) active users not even at the same time.

because writing is not even a skill. its just putting words on paper (or text files). unlike something like drawing, coding, or composing which actually takes practice and varying degrees of talent that not everybody has, writing can be done by literally anybody at any time.

with that in mind, why do you even need a board for writing? if you want to write something, do it.

If only I still had my very earlier scripts you'll see the very definition of shit writing and improvement.

Well, writing a script does feels a lot like coding a visual interface.
You have the vision in your mind in how you wanna make it look.
There's an order and a function for every element in the script, and both look like a bunch of text until they're finally translated in a visual media.

Kinda like programing a PLC, and the drawing part would be like installing the different parts correctly on the board.

If you wanna make a fully visual media it feels similar to assemble a completely mechanical tool.

This place doesn't have the numbers to sustain one with lively discussion. And even if it did, it still wouldn't be the best place for useful criticism.

This is a very shitty logic. Or a very bad way of formulating your point.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws

It sounds like the lack of sex may not be the only problem in your relationship.

Damn user! Didn't know you had it in you

Thanks a lot :D

that green girl was so cute…

Thank you Ministry of Truth. Fake news isn't a new concept. The only people making a big deal about it are the ones currently creating it.

so you're going for the 2006 edgy emo teen look

If you want a cheap and quick upgrade, a 3770 just drops in and has the same TDP, plus:

- Hyperthreading
- 10% faster base clock (3.4 vs 3.1)
- 12% faster turbo clock (3.7/3.8/3.9/3.9 vs 3.3/3.4/3.5/3.5
- 33% more L2 (8MB vs 6MB)

It's the hyperthreading that'll make the difference: PC games are all written with a 4(8)-core processor in mind, because that's what the big-daddy K-edition processor has been since the "i7" brand has been introduced.

Here's a $180 one on eBay: cgi.ebay.com/272470575785 , you might well be able to find one cheaper.

did you learn nothing from all those written assignments in school. Writing actually takes skill to do well dingus. Thats why every one makes fun of those fags on Fanfiction.net, because they are just putting words on text files and they are shit, nothing like Shakespeare or Tolkien.

Sick bait bro, not even worth a response, but I might as well.

Writing is indeed a skill, one that takes a great deal of time and effort to bring to a level of anything even resembling quality. There are rules and devices that should be followed and learned by anybody seeking to practice the craft just like drawing or coding and the writing is arguably one of the, if not the, most important piece of damn near any fictional piece of media you'll consume. videogames get a bit of a pass, being the point is less to espouse a narrative and more to entertain via intriguing reactions based around in-game mechanics, but even then, a good plot can really help a game

Anybody who actually thinks that writing takes zero skill needs to take a step back and realize that they're on a board for comicbooks and cartoons. Both of which are heavily reliant upon writing.