Aperture science guns in comics

Why are artists this lazy? why are editors this careless? do they even get 60% more bullet per bullet?

Other urls found in this thread:

sexix.net/video62253-hardcoregangbang-kink-ella-nova-make-america-gape-again-40148-01-06-16-2016-bdsm-gangbang-anal-dp-dap-720p-hdrip/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The casings are supposed to come off, right?

It's necessary for a comic to draw in the line movement of bullets, if that's what you're referencing. Otherwise the bullets will just look like they're floating there. You can't show movement in such a simple design, so you're forced to draw the lines.

Do pics related also trigger you, user?

I think he is complaining that the casings on the bullets were fired along with the bullets themselves, which is wrong.

Pics related. Only the bullet is actually fired in a gun. The rest of it is either burned up or ejected by the firearm.
All the bullets in the OP were drawn with their casings still on after they were fired, leading me to believe that the artists responsible have fuck all idea how guns work.

This triggers anyone who's ever used a gun pretty hard. The equivalent would be an epic fantasy battle where elf archers throw bows at each other.

(Checked)
Nah, more like if they shot the arrows with the string. Throwing bows at each other would be equal to throwing the actual gun.

They are lazy and ignorant. In many cases it doesn't even occur to them that they might need to learn more about a subject to include it in their work or pay attention to detail.
It's not limited to gun related stuff either. If you become knowledgeable in any topic, you will notice that stories barely get anything right. Some of the misconceptions perpetuated may cost lives, like people thinking that defibrillator can restart a stopped heart because they saw it on TV or read it in a shitty novel.

Do you have any pics of bullets out of their casing? Especially from the back. It would be a good resource for artists.

wait. then what are defibrillator good for ?

What are defibrillators for then?

They reset a heart that is in fibrillation, basically a seizure of the heart's electrical system. Restarting a completely stopped heart requires a different procedure.

Ah. I see.

ok thanks user

Defibrillators are usually used to reset a "malfunctioning" heart, so to speak, but not a nonfunctioning heart. Sometimes, the heart may lose its pace and either start beating like it was on a seizure, or beat too slow. A defibrillator may help in those cases.

Flatline is "solved" with CPR and drugs instead, and I say "solved" because CPR is mostly done to keep the patient alive while the drugs do their thing. That said, CPR is still a very important part of the process that you should know, just in case.

To restore heartbeat to normal when it's too fast, too slow, or too irregular. Once heart stops beating, defibrillator is usually useless.

Other common offenses that are rarely mentioned are tracing phone calls, anything medicine or computer related, getting knocked out, criminal investigations, and how labs and research process look like. When story takes place in space or involves some sort of epidemic it is guaranteed to have at least a dozen simple misconceptions in it.

This is especially weird because the casings take actual additional effort to draw.

Ahh. I didn't see the casings in some of the pics so I thought it was because of the lines of bullets.
Yeah, I don't think you can expect too much. I'm sure most of these artists just googled 'bullet' and drew from there. Most people have never used guns, I'd argue. Especially the people that make our media, who are usually in places like California or New York, which is why games also so often have 'silencers' that actually completely silence a gun. Or why you see so much art with a lack of trigger discipline.

I've used nerf guns and my dad owns a bb gun to scare away skunks, so most of my knowledge of stuff like this comes from people complaining on the internet. I can understand where the misunderstanding comes from. You see everything in media and it never really occurs to you that this kind of stuff is something to be researched. It's like the virgin 12-year-old fujoshis that write fanfics that describe male asses as being 'wet' like asses lubricate like vaginas do.

I like how zombie epidemics always seem to involve viruses even though viruses require a functioning cellular metabolism to be active something that dead bodies lack. The Last of Us was even worse because of how fungi act and would take far longer than just an hour or two to take over a body.

Zombies should only be a magic thing and never a folly of man's ignorance thing.

There are way way way too many bullet shapes to post a comprehensive amount of pictures, so here are two that are the preferred general shapes of standard jacketed ammo like you would see in a handgun or rifle cartridge respectively.

Yea, i see where you are coming from with that second part. There's actually a really good panel I once sat through where the guy talked about drawing comics and how to draw backgrounds and objects that dont suck by researching the things you dont know through experience. A little range time or a few rented cars can make all the difference in the world when you are picking out the subtle details.
The artists for the above pictures probably were handed a few different bullets to base their designs off of, or were just doing it from memory and had no experience at all with firearms. What is inexcusable is that it got past the editor, whos job it is to catch things like that.

As dumb as it is, it's probably irrelevant to said artists and editors. Their primary concern is the work getting done and handed in on time. Pointing out this kind of mistake amounts to a No Prize in their book.

Looking up references is usually considered to be one of the primary jobs of a professional artist. If you can't draw dick then nobody will hire you.

The difference is nobody usually gets a good look at a bullet with no casing so nobody usually cares. It's the kind of detail that usually gets lost because as mentioned, artists have deadlines and professionals invariably have to say "good enough" so they can get their work in on time for the company to send it to print.

The only exception is probably that Wonder Woman one. The casing creates shadows that look visually interesting and wouldn't be there otherwise. I'd say that was probably a conscious decision on the part of the artist.

why are capeshit artists so terrible?

Idk, fam, guess it's a mystery.

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
Thanks dude
That means a lot to me
I'm going to update this weekend so we can get some more green back in this thread

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
for precision i can't into that grip, but for gesture drawing i can

thanks

there are much worse artists out there in terms of pure skill. capecucks seem to make an effort at being bad and finding new lows.

Why not use ceramic?
Why are your electronics touching the case in the first place?

I literally cried during the scene with Kong and Ann on the frozen lake.

Why aren't they casting the other roles for the live action Muppet movie?

Emotional stuff can cause a lot of physical symptoms. I vomited repeatedly, shortness of breath, could hardly walk or run, etc. You know where it was? It was all in my head.

good ones you twat

sexix.net/video62253-hardcoregangbang-kink-ella-nova-make-america-gape-again-40148-01-06-16-2016-bdsm-gangbang-anal-dp-dap-720p-hdrip/

Ella Nova

He's not that great honestly, but I have him and I'm almost done. Just missing Nightmare Bonnie now.

Yeah, dick rate, trap, sissy, fur, banana, wwyd, fb fap and loli. That is what Holla Forums is now. That's not random. Also, these faggots need to let a thread die before they make a new one. I've seen 3 trap threads all on page one at the same time. CALM YOUR TITS, FAGGOS. I honestly don't mind seeing the threads as I browse, but I don't want them to be all I see.