Zombies

post the best zombie films you know

zombies are literally the worst thing ever. nothing with them is good.

ok chaim you sure convinced me

Basically anything with George Romero's name on it up to and including Land of the Dead.

lol
Dead Alive is a pretty fun zombie movie

Watched Train to Busan last night and thought it was interesting. Also watched the Autopsy of Jane Doe and thought it was spooky it does have walking corpses in it too but they aren't zombies

chicken zombies are technically zombies too

goddam that movie is insane

In the last couple of years only WWZ and Train To Busan was good. The rest is all 'comedy/horror,' a terrible, terrible genre with a ton of shit films. Before these movies, I'd say that Dawn of the Dead, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, and maybe zombie land (the only good comedy zombie movie), were good.

I really wanted some good zombie movies, but they all just want to make comedy horror so fahnny shit, or slow autistic zombies. People are incapable of making horror movies today, let alone zombie movies.

So sad that there's aren't any new supernatural movies like that, that are good. From 2015/2016, I could only name this and The Witch as great horror movies.

Has any current Zombie stuff that isn't crap like "Zombieland"?

train to busan

Autopsy 2008 is better

i think zombie movies have reached the point of being obsolete, it's a trope so ingrained in pop culture that a movie where the characters don't know what zombies are is downright unrealistic, while simultaneously the whole "self aware" zombie movie trend got old pretty quick.

I'm trying to remember this one Zombie movie, where it takes place in a haunted house and maybe it has something to do with a zoo. It's more like a horror comedy, i swear the title was brain drill but maybe it was something else, because maybe i'm thinking of the band brain drill…

Except Zombi II. The rest of Fulci Zombikino are top tier as well, because the zombies are treated as supernatural creatures.

City of the Living Dead?

zoombies?

28 days later
braindead
in the mouth of madness
dawn of the dead (synder)
harry potter and the half blood prince

No, there was no grave yard, it was just a house and a zoo, then mostly shot in a house.

no, it was like an 80s movie, or it looked 80s.

Oh, found it, it was BrainDead

Sweet, got myself a new movie to watch. I haven't heard of that before.

kept hearing of it lately so i watched it a little while ago.

also check out possession if you havent seen it, both have sam neil

Didn't see that either, but I'm gonna watch it. Dunno how I missed these ones though, they are pretty old.

I don't want to tell you too much about ether, possession isnt a zombie movie but its an amazing horror film imo. you should also check out the director of possessions other work at least on the silver globe but its a crazy ass film, it is in polish though, possession is in english

Hipster

Is Possession actually scary though? Or is it just the atmosphere that's really well done and eerie? I'm gonna watch it either way, but I'm just curious.

The way its directed is like nothing I had seen before, so it was genuinely creepy at the least.

To revise my statement, I don't get "scared" by most horror films but I get creeped the fuck out or my pulse goes up like during certain scenes of Eyes Wide Shut or 2001, Possession is like that

I get what you're saying. I had that feeling when I watched The Witch. It's the atmosphere that's creepy and tense, even without a ton of action happening. That's what I mean. I'm gonna watch Possession, I just hope it isn't pretentious or some shit. I looked at the director's works and they seem a bit… pretentious.

how is that a zombie movie

Yea but the directing is so much better and more tight in Possession than the VVItch. It's not pretentious its a purposely heightened atmosphere though.

well I was going to comment on that but I didn't want to spoil it….but there are zombies.

Le zombie apocalypse maymay, video games, Walking Dead etc have ruined them. It's just another nerd meme now, and everything with zombies has basically the same premise now.

Also, Return of the Living Dead (of all thing) addressed in-universe zombie movies in a fairly plausible way. WD is so goofy about it, nobody has even heard the word "zombie".

28 Days/Weeks Later are not zombie movies. They're infected with a rage virus, but not undead.

Demons is a zombie movie :^)

sure looks like one based on those pics

I don't think there are; sure there's cannibals and shit, I don't remember any zombies.

I feel like there definition of zombies is a bit broader these days; I pretty much classify any big shambling horde that wants to bite people as zombies.

SUE ME

because they are literally a stand-in for people of african descent.

I guess they look like zombies which is close enough

It's not a zombie movie unless it's about corpses reanimated by voodoo

>>>/waifuist/

28 days later is brettygood

Dawn of the Dead 2004 remake is still the best zombie movie ever made, not only for the excellent soundtrack but for the great visuals and story. Best zombie movie to date.

Not to mention it's the very directoral debut of /ourguy/, Zack Snyder.

Why is he so based, guys??

The best zombie movies that immediately come to mind are Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2. They both star the same cast and work really well together. The third movie was pretty good and I think the 4th movie was the college one and it was whatever.

The first two have great atmosphere and the characters are likeable. The zombies are fantastic and so is the gore. The story is simple and doesn't drag you down.

Day of the Dead 85'>>>>>>>08'
Dawn of the Dead and its remake are pretty comparable. They both take place in different time periods and each have their own charm. Running zombies are shit though unless they just turned. Night of the Living Dead and its 90s remake are pretty comparable as well. Land of the Dead was pretty good. It had its moments even if the period in which it takes place has been done to death.

Red Snow 1 was really interesting. Red Snow 2 was good, but it got really silly. Red Snow 1 eventually got silly, but 2 got sillier faster.

The Resident Evil movies can be pretty fun to watch. 1 and 2 had a lot of potential, but super powered Alice became a cancer on the franchise. It got better again when she lost her powers. I've yet to see the final movie, so I have no idea how it ended.

I'm sure there are other good zombie movies that I'm missing.