Better call saul

alright so the Jimmy-Chuck storyline built up over 3 seasons finally had a payoff last night and Chuck is finally a bit sympathetic to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-473553/Orange-remove-mobile-mast-tower-doom-cancer-rate-soared.html
archive.is/uBpMd]
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term="Electromagnetic Fields/adverse effects"[MeSH Terms]
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26372109
archive.is/bKdar]
geektv.ma/episode/better-call-saul-s3-e5/
yadi.sk/d/Tmlecs6n3JC6Dj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He tried to destroy Jimmy's life, and Jimmy did what he should have done long ago: stop enabling his indulgence in a made up illness.

I've been on team "what the fuck is Chuck's problem" for the entire show, and this is the first episode is where you kind of find out. He went a bit nuts after the divorce.

It's perfect. You are waiting and waiting for the 'Chuck BTFO' payoff the whole episode and seeing how it's all going to play out and then it happens and it's like 'why did I want this in the first place, poor Chuck'.This series has made up for the series 2 and then some.

Season 3 episode 5 is the middle of the series if I assume 5 seasons of 10 episodes. Jimmy defeats Chuck in the courtroom. Its a whole student defeats the master kind of setup. Hopefully after this episode Jimmy starts to become Saul.

A battery by itself has no current flowing through it if it isn't hooked up.

Chuck should of mentioned this simple fact and the phone battery trick would not have worked on him at all.

Season 3 feels like it should have been a season 2 for the series. I felt like there was a lot of meandering in season 2. If they had took the best parts of season 1 & 2, cut out the useless plot fat, and just had the build up of the jimmy-chuck conflict, parallel with the Mike and cartel business, I think that would have been a better season 1 than the the two we got separatly which had mixed enjoyability and pacing.

Also, they are really going all the way with the breaking bad cameos in season 3.

i wonder if they will canonize this actor's weight loss by showing him eating a ton of fast food with the money he makes from Jimmy.

Chuck isn't a sympathetic character. Years of narcissism and jealousy made him a prick. Losing his wife made finally crack. He's mentally ill. Yes, everything he says about his brother is correct. But the outlandish nature of Jimmy's actions makes him seem even more paranoid. I'm not sure how we can pity a man who spent his life stewing in impotent rage only to betray his own brother. Not once. But over and over again while faking an illness. And that's Chuck's worst sin. He's as big a con man as Jimmy. He plays on people's to exploit them. At every turn he plays the eternal victim. That's how he sees himself and playing sick allows him to get that attention finally. He's a twisted man. There is no sympathetic character in Better Call Saul. That's probably the point. The most sympathetic character is Mike who is one step away from being a cartel hitman. No one gets off clean on this show.

What about Kim?

Chuck isn't a conman though, he's just legitimately crazy.
At the end of the day, Jimmy uses his greatest weakness to show his crazyness/maliciousness, which is not a physical medical condition like Chuck claims.
Chucks greatest sin is caring so much about his ideals he's willing to screw over his brother for them.
Also found the Huel bumping into Chuck to be a bit much, I can't imagine anyone who watched BB to not emediatly know he planted something electronic on Chuck.

I imagine Chuck won't let the vendetta end though, we still have to get to the point where Jimmy is forced to change names and work of of an online law degree from Barbados or something, which will probably involve him getting his real one pulled (and maybe a clause that denies him the use of "McGill" for a law practice).

Kim is an angel who's only fault is caring too much about Jimmy, she's pretty much the anti-Skyler, where Walts wife would do nothing but complain, whine and retaliate for perceived offenses, Kim is all about solving problems and not getting bogged down in emotional bullshit.

Kim is the best BB girl.

the little zoom in on huel after the bump was a bit much in all honesty

Kim
Besto

And instead he just massively spergs out making everyone think he's crazy.

I would disagree that they are cameos. The show is meant to cover during and after Breaking Bad, so it would be a bit weird if all the characters were suddenly reintroduced when Jesse and Walt show up.

This. I think they are intentionally making her perfect so there is some pathos when she gets killed off or separated from Jimmy, which will no doubt be a result of him 'slippin' again

was thinking the same thing. seemed really hamfisted in an otherwise great episode, like they wanted the audience to applaud for another BB character.

but huell is with saul every step of the way in breaking bad. his "cameo" isn't a cameo, he's going to become as much of a character as the secretary or mike.
is the secretary an annoying shoehorned cameo, too? retards.
his use made perfect sense in this episode

I'm not complaining about Huell being in the show. I love Huell, and I love returning characters. The shot just seemed silly.

oh it's gonna be brutal. I'm imagining she'll just have her career ruined, but even that would be a pretty tough watch because all she seems to care about in life right now is her work and Jimmy.

also the phone battery wasn't supposed to be a secret
it would've been stupid as fuck if saul asked him to reach into his breast pocket with no prior notification that something was going to be in there for the audience. it just materialized there.
and the false flag with jimmy's cellphone with no battery in it was genius and caught everyone off guard.

there's lots of things to criticize this series for but huell's involvement is not one of them

Milfu?

If we had a zoom in and pan on mike or gus when they first appeared i would have called that out too. But they for the most part just show up doing their job and we carry on with the show.

Jimmy actually mentioned it in Breaking Bad, his "second wife" cheated on him, and currently he has only one ex-wife.

Kim cucks Jimmy season 4 cliffhanger. I am calling it.

-Saul talking to Walt.
Do you mean this ?

jimmy doesn't have a stepdad as far as i know. lies likely

Or he just hasnt been introduced yet.

i'd call bs if sudden step dad

Well his real dad died earlier than his mother, so she could have had someone else

I think his second wife will be someone else. He will hook up with another woman and break Kim's heart. It would explain why Kim is not even mentioned in passing in Breaking Bad if she is cuckqueaned by Slippin' Jimmy. It would fit the pattern of Jimmy's less than stellar treatment of Kim thus far.

I'm expecting him to leave her because he is not good enough for her. Will be used to 'define his character', when he truly embraces being Saul Goodman.

jimmy slipping into all the pink

This.

She's like a slim version of Phoenix Marie.

Kim and Huell

I wish you guys would say " better cuck sal" again that was amusing.

Poor Chuck. He was broken by an unfair world, where his crooked brother was always the "good guy" everyone loved while the hard working, honest Chuck was left out and ignored.

It is likely that Chuck will have an increasingly depressing existence before dying alone, cursing his brother's name as his final words.

Hopefully the show ends with Jimmy getting his at long last.

does anyone else want mike and the beaners to fuck off? i'm considering just fastforwarding through their parts from now on. i couldn't give less of a fuck about that shit, i came for court room drama and saul's one liners.

i know exactly why they're doing this, too. the actor behind gus fring has stated on camera that he's practically on his hands and knees every day begging for gilligan to do more about his character's background. well great job you stupid retard, you got it, and you're ruining this show for it.

nope writers have stated quote "don't get attached to chuck". the final episode this season is titled lantern, and all throughout the series people have warned chuck of the danger of oil lamps.
coincidence? maybe. maybe they're setting up a red herring. but i think the guy's going to die in a horrendous fire five episodes from now as the tip offs would suggest.

that was probably the last court room drama episode for a while, so I dunno man, might wanna just skip the show entirely now.

That's probably a bit too much. It could be more that Chuck survives the fire but is deemed insane/a danger to himself and is locked up in a hospital.

Or maybe Chuck gets what he wants and he sits at his desk, smiling weakly while reading the paper about Jimmy. His smile fades, his expression goes solemn and he mulls over what has happened in his head. He now has no one and is truly alone, his firm are probably washing their hands of him, his brother will never be there for him again, his ex-wife will stay gone. He gets what he wanted, vindication, but all he has left is his dimly lit house and even then, the lamp goes out.

Mike and the beaners are a drag on the story. Watching Kim and Jimmy is more entertaining than another lame cartel story.

This, Chuck is Jimmy's foil, law-abiding and diligent but charmless and awkward. Both Chuck and Kim have to go for Jimmy to become Saul, because they are the only ones keeping him honest.

In Series 1 and 2, the cartel side-story was fairly boring but I think it picked up this series. Episode 4 with Gus and Hector's feud is great. Having branching plots keeps it interesting, and Hector is a really interesting character.

No, the cartel stuff is just irrelevant and just fan service in my opinion. Who really wants to see warmed over leftovers from Breaking Bad? I do not. Kim is the only interesting character on the show. She is the only character that anyone can relate to and we know Jimmy will destroy her somehow.

Poor Kim, she's too cute for what she's going to get come the end of BCS. though I would definitely destroy Rhea in other ways if you catch my drift

Michael McKean (Chuck) gave a great performance here. I didn't feel any more sympathetic for him after, I always knew he was a deranged old man not in the best state of mind. Actually I always found him kind of sympathetic, he's right about Jimmy being shifty, and I can see why he might not want Jimmy to be a lawyer, Chuck treating the law sacred as he does. He'd known Jimmy and the kind of shit he used to get up to, and even bailed him out in the past. His perception of past-Jimmy colored his view of present-Jimmy. In Chuck's mind Jimmy isn't fit to be a lawyer.

But it's pretty obvious that Chuck's behavior toward Jimmy was also driven by bitterness. That's why when he finally came clean to Jimmy in the S1 finale about who it was at HHM that was opposed to hiring him, he comes off as suck a prick. Because this is personal, he can't let go of old gripes, the past Jimmy colors his perception of the present Jimmy. He doesn't talk to him like a brother, he screams at him, shouts down on him. Maybe Chuck is right about Jimmy in the end, he couldn't work as part of a real law office, he does eventually become Saul. Maybe he really isn't fit to be a lawyer. But damn Chuck didn't have to be such a dick about it.

Jimmy went out of his way to put up with Chuck's mental dysfunction, taking care of him, waiting on him. Chuck was just an asshole to him, went out of his way to screw him over, and wasn't forthright with him. This is why Jimmy, who broke the law and falsified Chuck's documents, is sympathetic, where Chuck, who's in the right legally speaking, is not. Chuck is kind of like the male-Skylar in that regard, right about a lot of things but a complete asshole about it toward the sympathetic protagonist, and would have never even suspected Jimmy was behind the error in the document if he already wasn't so suspicious of Jimmy (kind of like Skylar with Walt's second phone).

>Skylar (sic) it's skyler
choose one, and, only one.

This whole episode seems forced. Chuck references an older TV show where the episode ends where the murderer breaks down in court and leaves no ambiguity of his guilt. Then 5 minutes later Chuck does the same because writers want pottery points. Writers are still trying to make up for their fuckups in Season 2 by making more. Chuck completely lays down how his illness works. In reality it does exist and and electromagnetic waves affect even normal people which is why fluorescent lights give people headaches (office buildings anyone?) but in the show it's supposed to be all in his head which plays to Jimmy's advantage. Working with conflicting amounts of information and trying to see where the writers make their decision, in the end the the cellphone battery defies everything and redefines how the electronics work instead. Bravo (((Gould))). Good job on your deus ex machina.

You might as well say you think Chuck is literally hitler or Trump and get it over with, reddit. This is why the actor hates playing his character because fanatics like you think he's pure evil. If you can't comprehend a character let alone this mess of a show, don't bother. It's like the 80s all over again where character actors who played popular 80s movie and TV villains would get harassed in the streets because of weirdos like you who confuse reality with fiction. Older audiences recognize him as David St. Hubbins from Spinal Tap. Newfags like you see him as literally hitler or trump in a lawyer outfit.

Good luck, Chuck. May your evolution find justice in the higher planes of existence upon your ascension.

>Kim is an angel who's only fault is caring too much about Jimmy
>>>/reddit/
Let me tell you how wrong that is and why Kim is actually worse than Skylar. Skylar was written very straightforward. She does what any typical woman with above-average intelligence and low respect for her husband would do. She knows Walt is doing illegal shit and she tries to resist along the way because Walt doesn't learn to be alpha until the end. Thus her character is at all times consistent, and Kim isn't. Kim is an empty shell character.

Kim is whatever the writers want her to be. Hence why plebs like you think she's perfect. If this was the simpsons, she would be Lisa and you would be cheering for lisa simpson in CURRENT YEAR. You can't read between the lines and see where the writing breaks down and why her character has no consistency. Season 1 she's just a best friend girl, the kind that only exists in fiction and betacucks think they have when in reality the girl has no respect for the person. Throughout all of Season 2 they've been trying to figure out what to do with her. From one episode to the next she's completely different and once you think you're tracking her development she flip-flops. The actress' blank expressions from one scene to the next tell you that not even she knows what she's doing and why she comes off completely wooden. You have to remember that at some point she's gone and Jimmy hates women. Right now they've basically put all of her development on hold since the start of this season. Now she's his accomplice to his schemes and when she finally exits the show or changes, leaving Jimmy to hate anything with a cunt, you'll be wondering what hit you.

Pic related, kimfags in a nutshell.

wow that's a lot

That's what your mom said when I pulled out and came on her tummy after fucking her missionary style.

Neglect play was pretty hardcore back in the day.

You're right about Chuck but I don't get what your deal is with Kim. She has a realistic and complex relationship with Jimmy. They are good friends, but the high stress nature and time requirements of their careers means their relationship ends up half-baked.

We haven't seen her thought process in anything since her declining a job at Schweikert and Coakley. At this point she's just a tool for the plot. Try to follow her thought patterns from the middle of Season 2 and see if anything she's done since then matched up. Her actions are wholly inconsistent.

There is one silver lining to this and that's the possibility that her actions are inconsistent since she's become an opportunist. That also means that she only has loyalty where it benefits her the most. Working with Jimmy meant that she has a hustler in her back pocket. Once he's no longer useful she won't have an use for him. That kind of betrayal is exactly the kind of catalyst that could make Jimmy possess Saul's attitude towards women and set him up for failed relationships in the future.

Who says women are entitled to 'alpha' guys? Most current year women are degenerate whores.

No one said women nor Skylar are entitled to alpha men. The simple fact that remains is that Walt didn't become alpha even after he broke bad. Walt didn't even become alpha until it was too late. That's why Skylar felt it was easy to passively resist him. He was just a creepy beta all the way up until the end.

Walt was a normal guy. Skylar was a dumb entitled bitch not deserving of anything. Don't call people creepy betas if they are providing for their family. More anti-male feminist words out of your fingers.

She was right about him having a second phone, she was right about the danger Walt's criminal career posed to Flynn. She was a total bitch about it, like she was about everything, which is why everyone hated her.

Walt was the epitome of alpha. He crushed anyone who got in his way, regardless of the threat posed. Walt doesn't ever put a bullet in Skylar or Junior despite their misgivings because his family are his 'earnings', what he won from hard work just like his drug money. He doesn't have an iron grip on Skylar and Junior because that would defeat the point. Remember that Skylar was sleeping with Walt and keeping all his secrets like a good little housewife up until Walt told her if she crossed him he would put her in the ground at which point she has a breakdown and fears for her life. Walt ascended past the 'sexy dangerous alpha' into 'apex predator drug empire kingpin' in a way becoming too scarily alpha to be loved.

It's W-walt okay!
What like, like you can't even say his name anymore?

What a retard.
Fluorescent lights fuck with people because they pulse at 60hz, and the spectrum, not because of some allergy to EMF.
Incandescent doesn't have this problem because the tungsten maintains enough heat between pulses to prevent a noticeable dip in luminosity.
Shit LEDs have this problem because they don't have a good power supply that filters the 60hz power.
Good LEDs don't have this problem because they are constant current, thus, no flicker.

those fucking tube lights always blink in like a week post install. fucking trash makes you nuts.

Chuck did nothing wrong, tbh. He maybe let his resentment get the better of him, but it's not like it didn't come from a very valid place.

Yeah, after a certain point Walt just bullies people for no reason.

I just realized that the secretary is the same one as in Breaking Bad.

autism the post

The only good parts of the show are Jimmy, Kim, and Howard. The cartel is gay and just fan service. Mike is unnecessary and Chuck could go either way.

lol hi reddit

Alphas don't get bitched out by secretaries. Your point is easily and thoroughly invalidated by the show.

Walt had to break into his house and insist he was staying and that's when she cucked him, or did you forget the episode named I.F.T.
She just tolerated him after that but still kept fucking Ted until she got bored.

She still got the kids to leave after he got Gus killed. She only let them come back until Walt gave up his empire. Stay delusional.

You realize that in your own explanation you admit it's a problem and the only issue really is calling it an allergy and limiting it to an example, fluorescent lights. The problem is way more widespread. First off, a non-expert in health like Chuck's character would use a normalfag generic term to describe it like "allergy." Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) is interrelated with electromagnetic radiation as one carries the other, and when studied is interchangeably referred to, and sometimes shorthanded to just "radiation" in medical journals. Radiation as we know fucks with cellular structure, even static electric fields can cause cellular disruption. And as we all know, static charges can be easily detected on your skin and sometimes hurt if powerful enough. People who live right next to cell towers develop cancer at exponentially higher rates. There was a shit show in the UK in the late 2000s about this. dailymail.co.uk/health/article-473553/Orange-remove-mobile-mast-tower-doom-cancer-rate-soared.html [archive.is/uBpMd] Ever since then, countries prioritize installation of cell towers in stealthy places like trees.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term="Electromagnetic Fields/adverse effects"[MeSH Terms]
There's almost 4000 medical papers submitted on the topic of electromagnetic fields alone going back to the 1970s.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26372109 [archive.is/bKdar]
Paper from 2015 recommending Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity Syndrome be classified as a disease internationally. What this means is that people who can perceive bodily interaction to electromagnetic fields is a rare trait that ranges in severity.

It's wait and see with Kim. People are waiting for Jimmy to screw her over. I'm waiting for her to screw over Jimmy. Remember, Jimmy offered to pay off her bills and make her a partner. She said no. But faced with working for another Hamlin did she decide to go it alone? Nope. She glommed onto Jimmy's success. She couldn't even pay her end. Not until Jimmy committed multiple felonies to get her Mesa Verde. Which she expected. She knows she had Jimmy wrapped around her little finger. She knows all he desires is his brother's love. She knows he will commit crime after crime to make her successful. And when Jimmy ultimately falls she just shares an office. All like she planned. Maybe she's a good person in a bad world. I think she's as cold, calculating, and ruthless and any character on the show.

I like the cartel stories.

Mike put it perfectly. "Just because you killed Jesse James don't make you Jesse James". Walt had an incredilbe streak of luck and fooled himself into believing he was some kind of badass, but when it came down to it, he wasn't.

I don't mind the cartel/Mike stuff so much since Saul will eventually become closely involved with those people so it makes sense to set it up. I wish they'd get a move on and go somewhere with it though.

Yeah I'm still interested in how hector turned into a wheelchair bound bellringing, pants shitting, old bag

Watch 'Hermanos' from Breaking Bad again, you will notice that Hector has stroke damage already if you have a keen eye. Maybe Gus knows Hector is at risk of stroke and induces it somehow? Is it even possible to trigger stroke in somebody? High dose of methamphetamine, that Gus would have access to maybe?

Which is the whole point of the show. Walt was a perma beta who had a massive ego problem. He could have easily set his family up for life with Gray Matter, but his ego forbid him. Instead he tried to play the badass, tore his family apart and could only leave behind drug money which is going to be useless as the investigation would come down hard on his family and questions are going to be raised over their spending.

Walt's ego came from the fact that he was exceptionally intelligent but had nothing to show for it. He wanted his end reward to match his perceived value. Since he believed his genius was infinite, he never stopped cooking even when it was a good time to stop because anything he made was never enough of a reward for what he believed he was worth.

He never would've accepted money from Gretchen and Elliott even if confronted with the fact that he chose to leave and wasn't 'sold out'. He didn't work for it, so he didn't want to be rewarded for it. Same with Walt Jr's charity page.

Walt is just a normal man and half this board wants to shit on him for being "beta". Most geniuses would be classified beta or less. The whole redpill/alpha thing was a nice metaphor that in the past was called leadership training. Now, its the younger guys think it means nigger macho attitude all the time. Welcome to 3rd world America.

The interesting parallels between Chuck and Jimmy is that Chuck is actually right, but goes about doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. Meanwhile, Jimmy is in the wrong, but does what he does for the right reasons.

It's fucked up when you realize everything coming out of Chuck's mouth is right yet somehow he is still wrong.

daily reminder

I never called him a beta. He is just an under-achiever with huge potential. And the alpha/beta thing doesn't sit well with me either. Anyone who uses it un-ironically says beta or cuck to anybody who disagrees with them comes across like that lispy gorilla Mike Cernovich or renowned pillow biter Milo Yiannopolous, its just weasel words

SAULFAGS ETERNALLY BTFO
Please, get back to reddit with that chicanery. Don't you know the law is too important Saulfags? Make sure you ground yourself and collect your mobile phone on the way out!

Our introduction to Walt was his wife denying him real bacon. He was a beta.

ooh and the sad handjob

Are there any movies that are similar to the first 4 seasons of Breaking Bad with a more satisfying ending?

Have the writers ever acknowledged what a bitch Skyler was? I feel like they thought she was in the right when I'd argue she's what drove Walter further down the path he was on.

Nobody with a brain would argue otherwise. Skyler was the worst person in the entire show.

anyone know where i can watch episode 5? geektv.ma/episode/better-call-saul-s3-e5/

i been watching the episodes on that leak but episode 5 gets cut short its not the full episode! please help.

*I've been watching episodes using the link above

New episode was so good, man
I'm still wearing a smile on my face from it. God damn.
Can't wait to see that shitbag Hector get his inevitable stroke soon.

Skyler was the second worst BrBa character. Jesse was the worst. He's the number 1 reason I'm hesitant to rewatch the series. I hate that little piece of shit so much, I absolutely can't stand him. (I like the actor, though.)

I'm watching till season 5 and quitting at the end of 4. He's tolerable at this point, Skyler and Walt jr. will make you see red though. I always forget about how bad they are but in season 2 Skyler is just the absolute worst at every possible opportunity.

It really is an artform to write such a self centered bitch in such a believable way.

Torrent?

Indeed. One of the main reasons I prefer BCS over BrBa so far is that it doesn't have those unbearable fucking characters.
People tend to point to Chuck, but honestly he doesn't even come close.

Sorry, I have no idea if there's a torrent. Good luck though.

Plus Chuck is the antagonist while I think we were genuinely supposed to care about Walts family. Really the only people I cared about from that group was Hank(who met a pretty unsatisfying end) and Marie.

Here, 3 different quality versions+subs
yadi.sk/d/Tmlecs6n3JC6Dj

Krazy 8 had a hard life.

And now it really seems as if Nacho will be the one to fuck over Hector, not Mike.

I was watching last night's episode very sleepy and it was driving me nuts trying to figure out who that jovial beaner was. It was no crust on my sammiches daddy guy.

Howard is a good buddy.

I don't know about the latest episode but I love how he's managed to stay chaotic neutral throughout the whole thing.

He seems weirdly human despite being a rich lawyer.

Man I didn't even notice you fags brought it up.

He got what was coming to him.

Did everybody notice that the cinema that Chuck walks past is called 'Kimo'?

Indeed. I thought it couldn't improve from episode 4 but it actually did.

Gus will probably exploit Nacho to get to Hector. I don't know what the lone stroke pill has to do things but Nacho obviously thought to keep it. I reckon he will take the capsule, remove its contents and replace it with something deadly then slip it back into the bottle, but it will backfire and Nacho will die.

Howard was a bit of a dick to Jimmy in Series 1 but on reflection he was was really an alright guy. I do wonder if he really cares about Chuck though or just wants him back at the firm.

Howard clearly wants chuck back and thinks he is good enough to bother with his autism

Chuck's lawyering days are over. Howard was just making sure Chuck wasn't suicidal.

This show is so ineffectual that it's actually astounding.

What the hell are you fags talking about? This was another non-episode just like Season 2. The only thing we learned is that he got suspended. Half the episode was more Breaking Bad pandering.

Is something wrong with Holla Forums's servers? Stupid taiwanese webstie ate my image.

He's going to take the pill to Mike and ask him what it is, Mike will tell Gus, Gus will realize that Hector takes stroke pills, and he will exploit that in some way.

Kimo as fuck