Staying Anonymous with mobile phone

There has got to be a better way than Google Voice and a prepaid, but I am way to noobish to know what is the best way to send / recieve SMS and voice trafic without compromising privacy.

Other urls found in this thread:

jmp.chat/
fsf.org/blogs/community/meet-the-libreplanet-2017-speakers-denver-gingerich
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

VoIP, preferably on Tor
oh but isn't voip voice only?

also, why would you want to send/receive SMS and voice, using mobile phone?
why not just have VoIP on desktop PC or laptop? Or not have a number at all. people aren't worth contacting anyway

Because sometimes you want your phone to be, you know, mobile.

why would you need that?

Some people leave their basements from time to time, user.

Just use the email service of your choice over Tor with an email to SMS bridge. Cell service providers still provide free email to SMS bridges.

Am I the only one who remembers Snowden and what he revealed?

It doesn't matter what kind of phone you use; they collect every text message and phone call you make. So even if they can't link that prepaid card to you, they will know it is you as soon as you make your first phone call.

Anonymity and privacy are not the same thing. Which do you want? Or do you want both?

Bump for interest. Currently looking into Sailfish/Fairphone 2. I understand there is always a way for a dedicated attacker to intercept/track, I'm mostly doing it for shits and giggles and because I find it interesting.

Can you explain? I know that blending in is good against fingerprinting. For security it helps to have an uncommon device/system. So they seem to be at odds, at least with the examples I made.

Here is a man. Let's call him Drugcuck, because drugs made him his bitch and gets only a degenerate retarded life in return.

Cops don't need a warrant to use Stringray and similar to bust users of burner and anonymous phones.

You cannot have anonymitiy for mobile phones beyond a single call. It's fine if you want one but don't delude yourself in thinking you have privacy.

The idea is not to make calls and texts openly, but route them through the data channel encrypted and mixed with other traffic. They'd have to take over the phone itself to snoop on that which they do, but that is another story.

GET
YOUR
HEAD
OUT
OF
FANTASY
LAND
AND
LISTEN
TO
WHAT
PEOPLE
ARE
TELLING
YOU

wrongkiddo.png

Mobile phone towers pinpoint location constantly.

Go ahead and make that one phone call from your virgin burner phone. Only turn the phone on for the first time before you actually use it. Smash the phone immediately after and collect all the debris for disposal at a different location.

...and make sure there's no CCTV or other surveillance, you're not at a location you've been too before, there isn't another mobile phone/car e-toll tag/anything RFID of yours nearby, that you changed the IMEI, you wore brand new shoes and disposed of them as well, and you're not in a knowable subset of the population who would have a motive for making the call.

I don't understand why would someone need mobile phone and making calls and sms

Just have old phone with battery plugged out, carry with you, when you need to call police or ambulance just put battery it and call from it. Or you could even ask nearby normie to do that
What's the use of mobile phone other than emergencies? You need to call your mom from supermarket to ask if there is sugar at home?

Replicant phone with the ability to remove the battery. (Even when they're powered off, they're not really off, and I certainly wouldn't trust airplane mode either. Better to remove the battery.) Use an unregistered prepaid SIM with data, cover the camera if it has one, keep the battery removed when you're not actively using it, and don't use the phone for anything but:
Use encrypted e-mail over an anonymizing network instead.
Use a payphone or ask to use a stranger's phone, keep all numbers memorized or written down on a piece of paper. Don't make multiple calls per phone. Don't use your own phone for this.
Keep the phone in a Faraday cage when you're not using it.

CIAniggers can still access your phone and probably even know that you're using Tor, but I imagine this is the only way even remotely close to having a phone and not being constantly spied on with your name blatantly attached.

This applies too:

They would know that the owner of this phone is in whatever location you use it. The more you use the phone, the easier it is to narrow it down.

You would need to avoid telling people of your practices too, as if people are aware of your tinfoil, they are likely to let it slip elsewhere such as social media.

Personally I think it'd be easier to just not have a phone or to just put up with having a compromised prepaid phone, dumb or smart, running free software if possible, that allows you to easily remove the battery.

Emergencies, I'd assume. Even if you needed to call your wife and tell her you're going to be late for dinner you could just pop the battery into your dumb phone, make the call, and pull the battery out. That's not really sensitive information.

One problem I could see would be people getting hold of you in case of an emergency, since your phone is always off. Your mom is dying and your dad calls you, and you can't pick up because your phone is dead.

I don't know of any solution. It's impossible to be wireless and not have someone track you. Privacy and freedom, or convenience. It always comes down to that, unfortunately.

Could use Signal. But that is only for keeping the contents of your discussion safe. And both users have to use it, of course. The phone will always be able to tell where you are. It's a given. If you absolutely need a phone get a dumb-phone with a removable battery like everyone says. You can still be tracked with it on of course, but you can remove the battery and you can still text and call and possibly even snap crappy pictures if you need to. Payphones are more common than you think, and I find that restaurants will always let customers use their phone. I leave my phone home often and usually never bothers me. (Except for dumb college friends who are always trying to get hold of me for stupid shit)

That makes me think - remember pagers, or beepers? While sms and texts can arguably provide the same functionality, having a big dumb mini-brick that basically just lets you know "this person really needs to talk to you right now" was pretty nice. A single-serve item that is just lets someone ping you when they want to talk. I think people still use them in rural areas with shitty cell service. I suppose you can still be tracked with one, though.

I don't see that as emergency. If he calls me that she's dying, I will jump into my private helicopter and fly to her and restore her life? He needs to call ambulance.
And I do not have dad, mom, friends etc anyway, so nobody will call me.

You first

the larger the device the more botnet.
ever wonder why your laptop's PCIe wifi card (even this current year) are so bulky but USB wifi are so small it doesn't even need the retarded antenna? PCIe wifi cards are botnet.

Buy an old non-LTE huawei modem (preferrably the smaller USB sticks) and install modemmanager on your linux desktop. Don't forget to use prepaid for everything and buy prepaid not just from a single place.

Because mini-PCIe mandates the physical size you massive retard. There is no way to make it smaller and have it fit.
Also, those tiny USB dongles have horrible range thanks to the tiny antenna.

WiFi hotspots can usually be used anonymously, and you can route your communications through them and a VPN or Tor. If not for the pesky captive portals that plague them these days, you could easily automate roaming between them in a hotspot-dense neighbourhood (think city centre).
This is what you get for allowing jews to rule over your country. There's no technical reason why we couldn't have a privacy-respecting wireless communication network.

Uhm no. Even the half height ones are way too bulk compared to a nano wifi dongle like pic#1 related.

mPCIe stuff requires antennas to work at 50% while my usb wifi dongle that looks like the first pic is at 70% signal strength. If not satisfied the wires of the hub/extension may act as antenna like what also happens when using some 3G/4G USB modems.

also

The cards are obviously a botnet compared to my wifi dongle that runs on pure and short open sauce code and doesn't require proprietary blob firmware code.

wifi hotspots are dangerous in a way. if you and a hacker belongs in a single network the hacker can inspect or snoop on unencrypted requests.
one way to harden public wifi connection is to restrict your device to the hotspot's MAC (thereby also preventing ARP poisoning) and always use HTTPS for everything. The only big problem is if the hacker tries to spoof the AP/SSID or act as gateway of the real AP which is 'unlikely' to happen.

2-3 BSIDs (base stations) and their respective signal strengths can triangulate your location (based on signal strength).
If possible have a feature full modem-router that can be set to only use a single frequency. In android this can be set in 'engineering mode' which allows you to block several bands but I prefer modem-routers so you can conviniently use signal repeater/amplifier to fake your location by connecting to a farther base station (one reason why most countries ban unauthorized use of these equipments). Beware of false base stations tho. Like the FBI party van :^)

Uh, my Prism-3 PCMCIA card is quite bulky, but uses no blobs. Size has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

That's a really old card so there's no problem and it's natural bulky.
Most wifi cards and modem-routers today are harmful. 2012+= manufactured cards must be avoided.

jmp.chat/
Straight from LibrePlanet 2017
fsf.org/blogs/community/meet-the-libreplanet-2017-speakers-denver-gingerich

says the one posting this nerd shit on a Saturday night!

Which part of "mini-PCIe mandates the physical size" did you not understand? The form factor is fixed and there's no point in miniaturizing components any more. You'd just end up with a half-empty PCB of same total size for extra production cost and absolutely no benefit. It does make sense for an external device that can be made smaller.

uwot? mPCI radios don't have integrated antennas, since they're typically hidden in the guts of a device filled with metal that acts as a Faraday cage. Instead they have those tiny RP-SMA connectors for an external antenna(s) which is typically integrated into the device's case. Obviously, signal quality depends heavily on the design of that antenna(s)

You are retarded. Every WiFi implementation runs a small real-time kernel OS inside to handle the pretty complex protocol. That you can't update the firmware that's baked inside doesn't mean that NSA can't either.

Also,
kek

As can the hotspot owner, whom you shouldn't trust either. Tunnel your shit over a VPN/Tor.

If I randomize my MAC and connect directly only to a random VPN/Tor entry node then they can't even know who I am (at least from signal surveillance alone).
And if you're stalked by a party van then you have much bigger problems than sperging about botnets and privacy. I'm more worried about wide dragnets combined with data retention, rather than targeted surveillance.

Wat? That post is clearly dated on Wednesday morning.

Only a kike would assign such meaning to Saturday anyway.

this

Airplane Mode can be trusted. It doesn't send any radio signals in or out to avoid interference with airplane equipment and to avoid fucking up cell towers thanks to phones moving too fast between them. WiFi and Bluetooth are automatically disabled when you activate that mode, too.

I never claimed I'm included in that group of people :).

Oh please. That is such massive bullshit and you know it.

You sure are correct with all these citations you've posted. It really makes you think.

Put a phone next to a speaker and try to make a call. Listen to the interference it creates. Same thing happens in airplanes.

Even without making calls, the phone will still connect sometimes to cell towers, creating that same interference. Airplane mode exists only to avoid that.

all chinese modems are confirmed botnets

phone in airplane mode could still passively receive signals

also phones in offline can read position from GPS and store in file, just like iphone's. later police can read the file, or iphone just uploads it to israel when you connect it to internet.
phones in offline could make photos every hour and record voice.

Of course it's theoretically possible. Theoretically speaking, the NSA have exchanged the bricks of your house or anything of your house to have spy cameras and microphones. Do you have any evidence that this has actually happened for any person who is not actually a politician of some sort?

All on Sunday...

They're direct responses to a post made Sunday morning. When else should they be made rather than the same day? Faggot.