Youtube Replacement!

Here's MY IDEA:

Progran based on torrent software.

Abilty to tag your seeds.

Abilty to query the network for content with matching tags.

Abilty to subscribe to other users, there by automatically downloading the content.

It's simple; taging, search, subscription.

Yes it would be designed to be intuitive and easy.

But forget about normies, there is no reason to cater to anyone to stupid, to idodic, that they choose not use or learn the software.

As long as the platform exists those worthwhile enough Wil use it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(software)#/media/File:DelugeWithPlugin.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll get started on the logo

Oh let me just upload my binaries for people to download and execute! What could go wrong?

Has to be in a web browser for any normie to use.

I'll get started on the Github repo!

Don't subscribe to those you don't trust, not that the binary would execute on its on anyway. Although this does bring to mind another idea, that is being able to filter what content you download from a subscription; say only download video or music.

How retarded are you? the program is for people who can and so use it not those who dont.

OK, m8, listen :
For such a Service to be worthwhile, you do require normalfags and the tech illiterate to use it. Most "content creators" fall into this category, whereas tech-savvy people more often than not are shit at doing creative stuff / don't have the time or drive to make worthwhile shit.
Furthermore, when none but a few elitists use it, there is no reason for anyone to use this over jewtube or whatever. "I want my most superb highly intellectual content to be seen by as few people as possible" said no one ever.
And if you're just going to use it to share shit made by other people anyway: that's what torrents and youtube-dl are for.

also, things don't get successful just because they are good / better than the alternatives, the order is more like:
dumb luck >>> connections = marketing = shilling > other shit >>>> quality of the product

SWEET, another Idea Guy™ here to show us the light!

The vast majority of the people are normies and sheeple. If you manage to make a system yet there's nobody to use it what was the point of wasting time and energy in making it in the first place? Beside do you think that Youtube would be where it is today if it wasn't for it's massive userbase sheeple and normie alike it doesn't matter as long as they can watch ads.

Why don't you have a go at it see how long it takes until you quit

Tell that to all the software out there that nobody uses because the interface is too shitty and too cumbersome for normal people to use. There's a reason why Linux will never take over Microsoft/Google/Apple.

See you on Urbit then.

I stand by everything I said,
First off yes I have came up with an idea and am thereby a *buzzword* idea guy.
So what? I've made my goal to bring this technology into fruition, organizing and collaborating with those with a pliable skills and capibiltys is my best shot at achieving this goal, therfore I've made this thread.

Now in regards to being popular with normies, there is no justifiable reason for this to be a cryteria, all content is not equal, 90% of youtube is garbage, the abilty to understand and use a simple and intuitive peice of software sets the standard for the bare minimum intelligence of the comunity, yes it will be smaller comunity, but like I just said 90% of youtube is crap.

Actually I take responsibility for some of thus misunderstanding I titled this the ad youtube Replacement, I'm not actually trying to replace youtube I'm trying to create an better alternative,
If youtube continues as the most popular video sharing platform fine, as long as there's a decentralized censorship free FOSS alternative I'm satisfied.

Maybe you should get someone who can put a single sentence onto the screen without random spergouts of outsource-pidgin to be your spokesperson.

Sorry about typos, what I ment to say was: collaborating with those with aplicabil skills and capibiltys.

I thought the downtime was supposed to prevent faggots from coming back here?

My mispellings & typos may be irratating but this threads purpose and my proposition remain easily comprehensible, and that's what is important.

I'll make the wiki and Code Of Cuck!

this thread.

Hey, being an Idea Guy is great, no doubt. Like, I had an idea for a really neat custom jungle gym for my kids, but I don't weld. So I gathered up some welders, and told them roughly what I wanted done. I'm sure there were some silly details about materials strengths and types of welds they had to figure out, but that's easy. I could have figured it out myself if I wasn't busy thinking up all these great Ideas!

Anyway, the welders told me that they don't work for free, and that they expected to be paid for working on my vision. Absurd! I explained that they don't need money, they're supposed to be inspired by my Idea. Most of them left at that point, but a couple of the less experienced welders liked my idea enough that they agreed to work on it. I organized their work by shouting helpful suggestions and offering critiques of their welding as they worked.

Well, after they had gotten the jungle gym into a usable state, I called my kids out to see it. "Look at what Daddy built for you!" I told them.

It's hard work being an Idea Guy, but I do it to make the world a better place.

but mediagoblin and lbry.io and vid.me all exist so why continue bikeshedding

I don't expect anyone to work on this that dosent want to.

Nor is it a goal of mine in reseiving any sort of admiration or credit for what contributions I make.

I am looking to collaborate with anyone
Who has a mutual interest in creating the project for its own sake.

On a separate note here's what I've considered needs to be done and in what order to create the program:

1• select preexisting FOSS torrent client.

2• adapt client to be able to tag content being seeded.

3• create search function within program to query other users clients for relevant content with tags maching the searched terms.

4• add ability to subscribe to users content thereby reseiving automatically
Any content they seed.

Let's focus on the first issue what torrent client do we base this off of?

I'm going to go begin research into that if anyone else wants to suggest one that would be great.

Deluge semms like i good choice,
FOSS & clean feature rich interface, might even have the ability to already tag torrents, I'll check into that.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_(software)#/media/File:DelugeWithPlugin.png

You're an idea guy, kill yourself.

Sounds like it's just RSS with magnet links

No.

It's more than that, read over my previous posts.

Thread hidden, the autism isn't entertaining any more.

You just described IPFS with pubsub.

So no tablet or mobile...

How would you prevent any crackdown on the servers for it?

TPB and other torrent sites are already flagged as suspicious.

Please use this thread instead: