Video game cartoons

How soon until a FNAF cartoon happens? A FNAF cartoon seems like a next logical step. How do we make it good?
nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/young-adult-paperback/?module=DropDownNav&action=click®ion=navbar&contentCollection=Books&version=Childrens&referrer&pgtype=Reference&_r=0

It's not that I don't understand 14-year-olds becoming hyper-obsessed with something and creating a trend, I just don't know how it happened with a two-bit horror game with some fucked up backstory

Do you trust konami with making a metal gear cartoon?

If the cartoon is anything like the video related, I'll be fairly okay with it.

I can't think of a single video game cartoon that was at least decent besides SatAM (maybe AoStH too). It's like video game movies - no one seems to know how to actually translate them well across mediums (with some exceptions).

Same way Minecraft did. Let's Players.

Make it surreal as fuck, complete with nightmarish imagery, but nothing obvious. Seemingly no plot or lore, but below the surface there's a ton of vague suggestions on what happened. And have hidden clues in the TCG Cards too that link to the games and movies. Super rare cards fill in huge holes that would've been impossible to answer otherwise, but make you ask even more clues. Common cards give fragments of clues, so you'd need to get, say, these 5 different commons cards to give you 5 mini clues which if you think about long enough will make you realize a bigger clue, that makes a bigger clue, but parts of that clue need uncommons. Uncommon clues couldn't be solved without the clues from the commons, and so on. Of course none of these clues make any sense without the games or the cartoon, with clues on par with the rare cards from the TCG, but need to be connected to each other to make sense.
And Dan Bluth-esque animation, of course.

…it's a good thing we're not in the 80's.

I think aside from books to movies, any kind of adaption is usually treated like a quick cash grab on brand recognition.

So games and movies based on each other tend to suck for that same reason.

Somebody clearly didn't do his research.

Shit movies don't count, user.

Then shut up and keep waiting for Lord Inquisitor like the rest of us over at /tg/.

Were gonna get an overwatch one before it and you know it

Look at the bright side
at least there is no steven universe cartoon

What is the big fuzz about FNAF anyway? I tried watching it and it was just some guy flipping security cameras and every time the animals got closer to you until you died from a jumpscare. It was boring as fuck.

Making an official FNAF cartoon would be a bad move. Crrently it's in a great place for money making as the fans just get wrapped up in their own fan versions of games that aren't even that interesting.

Scott Cawthorn already sold the movie rights.
It'll be like night at the museum, starring Ben Stiller as the security guard, and the phone guy voiced by Owen Wilson.

TF2 has so many fan animation it basically has one, what I wouldn't give for a series that was like expiration date in quality consistently though.

I laughed harder at this than I'd care to admit

Robotic animals means robot animal dicks.

wut

The one thing TF2 has is the characters and comedy of the series to bad valve is lazy/overwatch is the new hotness

meet the demoman is the best

he's good but the nose will never hire him

Fucking HDD I didn't even notice that

cheesiest fucking characters with the cheesiest writing and voice acting, no thanks.

I was actually thinking that a SS13 cartoon could turn out quite well if done right

thing is though, due to how the game works, there'd be no continuity aside from the first and last episode so that people can die during the episodes and still be in the next episode, and there'd only be 2 seasons for 26 episodes in total

here's 26 ideas for one hour episodes, most of them roundtypes in the game, with note(s) for some of them:

episode 1: extended, everyone lives except maybe one or two guys; continuity is only in the first and last episode, not the other ones
episode 2: traitors, singulo doesn't get loose, one traitor is the xenobiologist
episode 3: AI malfunction
episode 4: extended
episode 5: gang war
episode 6: monkey virus+ion storm+rampant vending machines, ERT gets called
episode 7: extended, 2 liggers are onboard
episode 8: space ninja
episode 9: clown planet
episode 10: changeling, singulo doesn't get loose
episode 11: revolution, makes marxism look bad
episode 12: wizard
episode 13: cult

episode 14: extended
episode 15: traitors, singulo gets loose later on, one traitor is the clown
episode 16: greytide; brig breakout
episode 17: extended, roboticist or RD makes a H.O.N.K. mech some time during the episode
episode 18: abductors
episode 19: xenomorphs, death squad is called in
episode 20: extended
episode 21: revenant
episode 22: the vault
episode 23: traitors+changeling, singulo gets loose, one traitor is the AI
episode 24: shadowlings
episode 25: blob; it splits consciousness shortly after its found out
episode 26: nuke ops, ERT is called, everyone dies, including the nuke ops and the ERT

where cartoon physics are concerned, it'd be as cartoony as mlaatr, and the show would be 2D and have an art style like late 90s/early 00s cartoons
furthermore, all nanotrasen crewmembers barring the liggers and most of the assistants in episodes 7 and 16 respectively would be present in the first episode, though not all of them would be present for every episode after the first one, and I'd prefer for 2 of the extended(A.K.A. normal) round episodes to be replaced with some sorts of other ideas

id imagine most of you haven't heard of the game so heres a rundown of the setting:

in the 26th century, the Earth was abandoned and humanity lives in the stars; mega-corporations are the governing force, and the game takes place aboard a research space station for a megacorporation called Nanotrasen
many many strange and dangerous things can happen there, which are made reference to in the episode ideas

each game, on mid-rp action servers without bad admins, typically lasts from 30 minutes to 1-2 hours, unless its an extended round, in which case it can last alot longer, though it can be made shorter by random events or someone coming up with an excuse to call the emergency shuttle, the leaving of which causes the round to end shortly afterwards

Wouldnt SS13 just be Super Jail in space?

i havent watched the show, but i after reading about it on wikipedia i guess it'd be quite comparable to it
and if it weren't for the blood, guns, and violence, SS13 would be kid-friendly too
it would also not be surrealistic or have a weird art style

Only times that video game cartoons worked out were Earthworm Jim and maybe Carmen Sandiego.

Valve was going to do something with adult swim, but apparently it didn't amount to anything. Just like disturbingly many valve projects within last few years.
There were even Venture Bros related cosmetics and Robot Chicken hat to celebrate the announcement.

We already had this show, it was called Sealab 2021.

That thumbnail fills me with disgust every time. It's like pain in visual form.

Expiration date was pretty good though.

If we're talking about it as if it's going to happen and we need to make the best of it, and assuming full 26 minutes season of 13 episodes:

Firstly you need the first episode to establish the plot. 90% of the dialogue from the first game will be used up in the first episode if applicable to the series. The animations moving should be treated as something the audience doesn't know right off the bat so the first five minutes should be just the main character flipping around the screens, eating some chips while listening to the messages, and just being bored until and assuming their moving around is a couple of stock animation movements towards the end of that time-span. The rest of the episode is roughly equivalent to a "normal" game of Five Nights just flipping the screen around, establishing individual animatronics, and flashing lights here and there.

The second episode is the obligatory beginning of the DEEPEST LORE shit kids are obsessed with for some reason. The guy cracks open old books or something and figures out kids were murdered. By the third episode he gets captured by 6am rolls by as they drag him down the hallway and we get the news these animatronics are being replaced with the shiny plastic ones from the sequel. Since the sequel ones are actually just faulty robots instead of mummy's curse BS you can use that to glean more information. Then over the next few episodes the original versions degrade to the rough versions seen later in the game and the new foxy takes on his more mangled design.

As you can tell the trick is to not spend more than a few episodes on any game's worth of material exclusively. They're so movement and dialogue bare there isn't much to draw from them so spending even an hour or so's worth of time on any of them will be hard. Invariably you'll need to draw out dialogue and the easiest way to do that is have an animatronic talk. So single out one or two from a set to give bare bones dialogue. The rest can be filled in via phone calls or recordings.

The problem is that's still really, really fucking boring because not much happens in the run time. You can throw in some dream sequences or something but even beyond that there's just so little in the way of viable stuff you'll invariably need to make the robots fight each other once in a while or something just to make it work.

I just hope the comics aren't canon.

I doubt it.
The comics mostly exist to hype up updates, Saxton Hale needs to show up in an SFM already.

B-but, soldier's waifu!

no it wasn't.

it had a burch in it.

The Mod isn't holding you over?

Well that was a mouthful

its really surprising that this and Minecraft doesn't have already a cartoon show, given the amount of kids that plays/ watch lets play of these games

thats not how you spell _spy_

There's enough crap on youtube that should satisfy you

Furries

There aren't really many that are good

This thread isn't about GOOD video game cartoons. It's about just video game cartoons.

So, you know, get posting.

So before Meet the Medic was medic always a crazed mad doctor?

FNAF makes sense, I never knew that it was popular enough to need plushies.

bump