BOTNET

https:// www.ghacks.net/2017/08/22/mozilla-plans-to-collect-anonymous-firefox-browsing-data/

https:// blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/08/mozilla-information-trust-initiative-building-movement-fight-misinformation-online/

Someone got an alternative browser?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2oBHC
hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/
perspectiveapi.com/#/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I consider this "Firefox is botnet" meme to be an overreaction until more damning evidence surfaces, if it ever will.

That said, I recommend IceCat, Pale Moon, Tor Browser (all of which are based on FF). And if you want to give Mozilla a second chance, use an older Firefox ESR version that you disable updates for.

There's people recommending Brave but I've never tried it. Midori I did try and it's crap. YMML.

I wonder what browser Soros is using

Who gets to decide the facts?
archive.is/2oBHC

They blocked adnauseum because its cutting into profit per click ratios. They are fucking kikes

I'm not Holla Forums but isn't firefox open source. hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/
So if they put something in there I don't like I can just comment this shit out and compile it myself?

In theory yes, it's easy. In practice it's like finding a propaganda paragraph in a book and reprinting the book with the paragraph removed. Devs for some reason like to pretend that patching and compiling software is easy. Go ahead, build IceCat from the tarballs, on Windows.

It's going to affect it technically, what the hell do you think the technology they say they're developing is for? To sit in a git tree and rot? All the SV companies are building tech to automatically third party themselves into private conversations when they detect you're transmitting wrongthink and "correct" you. The browsers will be doing this and all the shitty SJW startups are currently marketing their tech to the big SV companies to automatically detect people like us for "correcting". Like this that pretends to be all about harassment but detects anything conservative as 'toxic' and can filter it out of a conversation:
perspectiveapi.com/#/

sometimes i think 8/b/ posters are botnets, tbh

we might as well be

You think he use Internet.

It's used correctly.

Honest question - What would be the negative effects of simply noir updating Firefox at all?
I haven't been updating for months now, and on top of their new botnets, I also keep hearing everybody complain about massive performance and comfort of use drops.
Why should I update at all?

Getting hacked.

firefox has always had shit performance. that's why i haven't used it in 6+ years. it's good to have for a backup, but that's about it.

Wouldn't it be illegal for them to do anything more than add a wordfilter or maybe a "this is naughty site" warning, both of which must remain disableable?

In theory, you'll be more easily attacked by hackers because there will be unpatched vulnerabilities. In practice, if you sandbox your browser and don't let it store your passwords you should be fine.

SV just conspired to steal domain names and pull service from several sites because of wrongthink. Nothing's illegal anymore. We're at the beginning of something terrible.

When people talk about getting hacked because of outdated browser security, is it usually
>You were specifically targeted by somebody wanting to steal your data
Or
?

It doesn't work that way. Javascript malware gets into ad networks and so appears on sites you trust and also inserts itself into static pages of sites you trust that get broken into. An ad blocker saves you from a lot of it just by blocking ad networks but if you see the occasional ad realize that it's not 100%.

Oh, and also, "free" VPNs will insert malware into non-https sites.

ok

I'm literally too lazy and don't want to lose my bookmarks

Send help.

And I got like 10 tabs open that I need to read

SEND HELP QUICK