youtube.com/watch?v=bdmv2FQRHWg
lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20161204.215049.93e768e9.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THE DAY OF THE ROPE.

GNU/Linux

>>>/g/

The >>>/oven/

skub

Lennart is the reason I hesitate to upgrade my Debian Wheezy. The kernel has a serious bug with my harddrives.. should I just upgrade the kernel? Wheezy is a really nice release.

use devuan

Systemd will probably be fine, but even if you don't want it you can upgrade without installing it. Unless you insist on using NetworkManager and GNOME, but I don't see why a non-systemd purist would.

Or you could get a newer kernel from wheezy-backports.

Maybe it was half finished a year ago, but this is nice

Redhat hegemony.

Nigger, software isn't a religion.
People have the choice to have it or not.
But the systemd project has been forced onto a lot of people and there was shady shit in the background with redhat forcing to move on it.
I am not waiting for Wikileaks to tell me that systemd is part of the CIA nigger botnet.

Justify using systemd has a good project that has some neet function (even if part of them already existed) this is a legitimate reason.
But don't come saying that people who don't want to use it are just relegious zealot retards.

Recycling

Redhat has forced nobody to use Systemd. The distros use Systemd because it simplified system administration.

It's like you hate yourself.

Well he's using Manjaro, self-hate is mandatory. Systemd in itself isn't so bad though, what's bad is some of the practices surrounding it.

Nobody is forcing you to use systemd

Systemd has never eaten up anything.

Indeed.
Put they pushed developers from other projects to make it a dependency.
Thus indirectly forcing people to have it.
CIA please go away.

Nobody is forcing you, unless you want to give up udev and dbus most have have come to depend on.

No. It's called writing software. Those developers decided that systemd does exactly what they need to do. The alternative to using systemd is to replicate the features that systemd is doing. As a developer, it makes better sense to make use of other people's effort than to suffer from NIH syndrome.

youtube.com/watch?v=bdmv2FQRHWg

Ho yes I understand that very well.
It's a simple process.
It's a simple process that makes no wave in general but in the case of the systemd project if developers were upset enough to send death threats and polling enough money to hire a Hitman for Lennart I think that there's concerns to have about what is happening in the back alleys.

Systemd was pushed on every debian based distro and on a lot of independent software.
Removing systemd and finding replacements is a fucking hellhole, see the devuan mailing list.
If it was just an init like intended people wouldn't give a fuck.
But now it has spread everywhere

Just read this fucking thread and get your head out of the trash
lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20161204.215049.93e768e9.en.html

Hey, what the fuck does systemd-resolved.service do? Because I disabled it and DNS still fucking works fine.

just disable it
if you're using dhcpcd or dhclient your /etc/resolv.conf should be auto filled

It can be used for DNS if you set it up to be used for DNS

Do they still use Google's servers as a fallback? Some of their decisions are really retarded I have to say.

KEK

TOP KEK

The day it comes to Slackware is the day that I die a lot inside.

Lennart is Old-Dansk for All is Lost

really?

Honestly this would be funny and worrying.

So you're saying that it's basically pointless at this moment but aims to take over some other shit soon?

I've been giving a go at a normie distro for over a year now and it has mostly been fine but lately it has been getting on my nerves. Don't worry I have some experience with autism to fall back on.

LOVE YOUR BOB!

No, I'm saying you can use it if you want to but you aren't required to, and never will be. Just because you are a massive sperglord doesn't mean everyone is.

I don't really see why it matters what it uses as the default when it isn't enabled by default and anyone that needs to enable it should probably configure it before just enabling it. Also distro maintainers that choose to enable it by default in their distro should be providing the configuration which means it shouldn't ever be using those servers unless someone is incompetent. Whether it be the system admin that enables it without configuring it, or the distro maintainer that enables it by default without configuring it.

RedHat Windows for Sperg Groups

all marxists have dead eyes, like their souls

lel, turbo cuck

fags

Filler for free space in old outhouses.

Glad it gets turned on by default then on my normie distro even though it literally serves no apparent purpose considering the rest of my networking config is also all defaults.

But I'll remember next time not to question useless systemd services that are enabled for no reason at all, or risk becoming a "sperglord"

Which distro is that?

running over with a dbus

FUCK

boipucci

thought he was a girl the first time i saw him

cucks

Why work against the system? Just install a system you don't have to work against from the get-go.
It's like all these plebs trying to unbotnet Windows 10. Waste of time. Use something else that doesn't suck.

I bet he takes dick.

He has that textbook gay face.

Getting buttfucked all day and night in prison.