SWPL Thread

The classical music thread is about to auto sage. Let's have another European (white) Culture thread!

This time, let's post pictures of famous European paintings, sculptures, engravings, etchings and carvings in addition to exception performances of classical music.

I'll start. Here is a sculpture of the virgin Mary wearing a veil, by Giovanni Strazza, from the 1800s.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_School_of_Athens#Figures
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here is the "School of Athens" by Raphael c. 1509–1511.

In the center of the painting are Plato and Aristotle, two of our greatest philosophers. Plato is carrying a copy of the Timaeus and Aristotle is carrying a copy of the Ethics.

Other figures in the painting include Zeno, Epicurus, Heraclitus, Boethius, Averroes, Pythagoras, Alcibiades, Xenophon, Aeschines, Parmenides, Diogenes, Plotinus, Euclid, Strabo, Ptolemy and Protogenes. Here is a guide: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_School_of_Athens#Figures

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

No point, lad. Mods always bumplock these threads because they're faggots.

Here is a painting of St. George slaying a Dragon by Gustave Moreau (from the 19th century).

Yeah. I don't think that culture threads are worth bumplocking but culture/motivational threads do serve a purpose.

They are a very valuable resource for newfags who have come out of our schools indoctrination centers. Some young people genuinely believe that whites "have no culture" of all things.

What is 751 bumps? Muh terminology Muh I don't know shit about art or out heritage so I'm not going to shitpost instead of contributing to the thread Muh faggotry

God forbid Holla Forums actually learned something western culture for once.

Go back to 4chan faggot

"I'll strawman my own argument". Really? And you expect me to respond to this?

I miss the old Holla Forums.

I just created a thread in which I asked Anons to celebrate European culture and Anons are literally attacking me for doing so. Oldfags, let that sink in. THAT is how far gone Holla Forums is. Celebrating European culture opens you up to attacks.

Personally, I'm spending a lot of time at the restaurant at the end of the universe these days. 8/pol/ has been over run by pleb–tier know–nothing autists.

To be honest, I regret creating this thread in the first place. I don't know what I was thinking. The average Holla Forums user these days is a know–nothing moron.

Where did I attack you for making a euro culture thread? I attacked you for not learning our board culture and sticking out like a sore thumb unapologetically. You're not an oldfag, not even close. That you're so wounded when we, for free, gave you backhanded advice shows how retarded you are.

Not an argument.

You can leave at any time.

Fuck you all, except OP. OP's alright.

Julius Caesar, Coustou Louvre

Antinous as Dionysus-Osiris, Vatican

Atlas, Museo Archeologico Nazionale

Perseus with the Head of Medusa, Loggia dei Lanzi

(1/2)

Perseus with the Head of Medusa, Loggia dei Lanzi

(2/2)

Death of a Mycenaean warrior, Temple of Aphaea

The Dying Gaul, Capitoline Museums

Contribute some before tomorrow, you lazy faggots.

Why is this thread bumplocked ?

bump

One off Satan trip

The mods always bumplock music threads now-a-days.

can we post anime?

Unfortunately this isn't the thread for it but anime is like two-dimensional marble in that ideal features are exaggerated and it appears so smooth and unblemished, even having a "glowing" nature to it like a pristine statue. Reminder that the degrading sorts of hentai are basically like taking a hammer to a marble statue and breaking it, at least in the heart of the person who consumes that material. I mention any of this because I love art and beauty, and don't wish to see good things destroyed or defiled whether in the outside world or the inner world of man – his heart, his mind, his soul – no matter what the art is or where it comes from: if it's beautiful, if it speaks to me, if my heart quivers when I see it (like nice art of my beloved), then I know it is inspired and perhaps even a cherished memory.

If your idea of the ideal human form is a little girl with a pointy jawline, huge eyes and big breasts, then sure.

>what are neotenous features that make for a more feminine female
And you do too, you're just not conscious of it. Besides what do you have against eyes that aren't beady or a chest that isn't flat? Stop being a feminist, user.

So instead of contributing to the board, you're just going to spam the same hundred images from that one folder you have?

You hoarder autists are fucking cancer.

Nice strawman. Classical art mimics the ideal human form, of course some would say the opposite, but to compare anime and classical art is laughable. Might as well just get into modern art if you really think they're comparable.

A E S T H E T I C

Why is this bumplocked? Shitskin moderators don't like art?