Storytime: Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider #1 and Great Lakes Avengers #2

I've been told that these are the only two titles Marvel put out this week that were actually any good. Shall we take a look at them together and see if I've been lied to, Holla Forums?

And that's the end of Ghost Rider.

Main character design looks so fucking bad. He looks like he runs a glory hole in a gay bar restroom.

And now for Great Lakes Avengers. The first issue last month was actually surprisingly entertaining, so I have at least modest hopes for this one.

What is wrong with his pecs in the last page.

True. Robbie looked a lot better in the last Ghost Rider series before he gave himself a haircut.

Marvel doesn't teach proper anatomy to their artists anymore.

I don't know who told you this shit was any good but I'm really doubting you, OP.

I remember seeing the original design. I didn't like it much, but at least he seemed more like a generic anime than a literally flaming homo. it's like everytime they do something I dislike, they instead change it to something even worse.

oh hey, another blatant stab at donald trump. and i recall bertha being bigger and looking less like a plus-sized model.

every time i see these new comics i'm filled with motivation to work on my own. speaking of…

And end.

I thought GLA was pretty entertaining, but was a bit less impressed by Ghost Rider. What about you guys?

Glorified Tumblr comics.

Why does Ghost Rider's skull look like a robotic motorcycle helmet? Almost like a cyborg ninja out of Mortal Kombat.

Might be because I didn't read the first one, but I have no idea how any of this make sense.

Am I missing something, just dumb, or is this comic shit? There's no flow or logic. It's just a bunch of vaguely connected scenes sloppily slapped together.

Whatever happened to every comic is someone's first?

I loved Robbie's Ghost Rider series before Secret Wars. The tie in was okay. Now I'm saddened that Marvel sidelined Robbie only to make a shitty live action version of him for Agents of SHIELD. Generally just saddened at the state of Marvel. Happy that Robbie's back but it's not a good sign when a chunk of your comic, especially the first issue, is dedicated to other characters that aren't Robbie. I hate it. It makes sense sure for characters to run into each other but it's still jarring. Especially when Chulk's appearance here has nothing to do with anything. I don't like it. I don't wanna bother reading it and I definitely won't be buying anything Marvel ever again.

My big problem with it is that a lot of elements from the previous series seem to have gone out the window, in spite of still keeping the same writer. Why is Gabe in a wheelchair again when he was able to walk with crutches at the end of the last series? Why is Robbie having to hide the fact that he's a Ghost Rider from his little brother when Gabe had his own encounter with/possession by Eli?

And the sad part is, I get the feeling there'd probably only be more continuity conflicts like that if Robbie and Gabe wound up taking a more prominent role in the first issue.

Style

This is current year Marvel dude, hipsters don't think shit out, they just write whatever and think that people are gonna read the shitty recap page at the start of each issue.

Someone burn down Marvel already.

I smell banner potential

You're implying they think at all.

…Do they even know what fat people look like? Can't these shitheads look in the mirror? For fuck's sake, there's 13 year old fetishists on deviantart drawing better better than this.

I'd bet good money drawing a realistic fatty would be called problematic somehow. Marvel is mostly putting out hipster power fantasies,

To what end marvel?

a fat girl without fat tits is a travesty.
If you ever pull a fatty at least you've got comfort bags