Why are nations bad?

Why are nations bad?

I can get behind the whole "against exploitation of workers" thing when it comes to leftism but not the "#noborders, one race the human race" especially with shit like second generation immigrants committing terrorist attacks in the US and Europe.

They aren't. It's only edgy Marxists who believe this.

It's funny you say that because my job inherently involves living in other countries.

I would prefer disparate cultures to remain extant instead of amalgamating.

what do you expect to happen when you dump a bunch of terrorists into your country and leave them to breed, they teach their children what they believe

Not enough to just put pins on a map.

Nations were actively pushed by the bourgeoisie and serve to have their populations invisibly serve them. "Die for your country" sounds a let better than "die for us." The fact that nations can only exist under or as a reaction to state violence should show you how useful they are.

Communists aren't against culture. Music, art, and literature are all beautiful things and human diversity helps them flourish even more. That doesn't meant we're for the bourgeois concept of nation-states.

I've lived outside of my home country longer than I've lived in it. I don't know what much more you could want.

Explain your logic instead of being a cryptic cunt.

Because Marx was a Jew and when the whole world is nothing but one shade of pale brown sludge with no culture or identity then and only then will the Jews be able to rule unresisted.

Why should cultural aspects be exclusive to certain nations? Are you some kind of SJW?

Nations are only bad when people start loving their homeland so much they want to kill other people because of it.

If he was a Jew, then my distant ancestry makes me Irish.

Divide and rule is obviously more beneficial to the actual ruling class, why the fuck would they want humanity to unify? Utter nonsense.

The bourgeois nation-state is an obsolete holdover from the 18th and 19th centuries, it is finding itself increasingly incompatible with globalization and the complex interconnected societies that capitalism has birthed, it is already be dismantled as we speak. Come communism, the nation-state will be an artifact to be examined and prodded at by historians.

Hello reddit!

In short, nations are spooks.
Nation-State was created to homogenize the different people in a certain geographical place. It also imposes a strong power over us, like never before, with the invention of the police, panopticon, asylums, and far reaching political institutions. Its a "iron cage" invented so that our leaders can control us.
check Hobsbawm and Weber "Iron Cage"

In terms of borders, i think that you have the right to don't allow some people to enter your community if they are dangerous. Although, they are arbitrary constructions which mostly were made to defend the property of some master, king, or whatever, it's irrelevant for us working class.

this is the most pathetic and pretentious attempt of dialectics i've seen in a while, please just end your miserable existence you retarded faggot piece of shit.

the fuck do you think a nation even is you insufferable retarded cunt?
it's like you've never read any works of lenin, even kautsky isn't as much of a faggot as you. big suprise!
failing miserably on basic marxism!
you're a fucking board embarresment

imageboards are 18+ buddy

There is absolutely nothing wrong with different cultures. I dont want to destroy any of them. Its the national state that bugs me. Nationalism is used to control us like slaves. Its the main spook to keep the proles in line.

Humans have always developed some kind of collective identity between their isolated social groups. This is usually reflected by culture, shared history, ethnicity etc.

But the concept of a nation state is a modern invention. Before we had the rise of national self determination, which divided land along arbitrary lines on a map, we had territory controlled by those in power (kings, emperors) and before that we had villages that held territory. All the nations in, say, African, are all hold overs from colonial days which supplanted the power structures that were in place.

There is nothing necessarily wrong with a nations state but consider this.
A) why hold onto it when its clearly a means for bourgeois rulers to pit the proles against each other solely on a name or identity created by them?
B) how would it even survive in a worldwide communist economic system? There might be collective groups in locations, but nations?