2007 marked the end of the golden era of the digital age.

yo where's Runescape on that list

The whole world went to shit in 2006 when Oblivion came out. The whole post-Morrowind era has just been one mistake after the next.

Remember anxiously waiting for your modem to dial up so you could wait a minute or two for a few .jpgs of some titties to load?

In like the 90s tho.

Remember when playing diablo 2 was the shit?

Jesus, the hours I put into that game.

It was almost 20 years ago.

i actually started playing diablo 1 in 2007. fug was i doing

Remember the original Unreal Tournament? And the original Starcraft? I paid extra for the pre order of SC.

I was shit at SC because my micro was awful but Unreal Tournament was fucking great ;__;

Never played original starcraft, but I made up for it by being ultraautistic about playing RA and CnC (which by the way are available for free, they're freeware now with multiplayer and everything)

Or the hours spent waiting until mommy stops speaking with auntie, so you could look up cheat codes.

Likeā€¦. ever? Please say you got to experience that game.

user, as an autist to another autist I never got to experience original starcraft, only trash that followed. Sell me on the idea of playing it if your autism won't let it go and keep in mind I played CnC and DoW before which I assume is like ~50+% the same.

I remember when my friend first showed me cheatplanet.

2007 was pretty much the second Eternal September after the one in 1992-93. Only difference is that the Internet actually got a whole lot worse than the golden age that was late 90's through mid 00's internet.

My autism is preventing me from explaining in detail why you should and I am remembering it way better than it actually was I'm sure. It is just a very warm memory of mine from childhood.

I will look into it if that is the case, then. I hope one day we can have a WiC (also freeware) or CnC or RA or DoW game night on Holla Forums because why not.

oh man. i remember that this powerplant company wanted to streamline their communications and everyone above the level of a "worker bee" got a fucking home pc free of charge (you wrote it off on your taxes, that type of "free"). didn't matter what you got. many young kids smart enough convinced their parents to buy top of the line mid 1990s gaming computers. those were nice times.

2007 marked the beginning of the end

Goddamn we need to have and do some fun shit here.
That sounds nice as hell.

You forgot to mention 2007 was the year the 7th console generation officially went to shit. Backwards compatible PS3 was immediately abandoned and the rise of Cinematicā„¢ """games""" like
which influenced the past two generations in the AAA-market a great deal because illiterate dipshits don't think a game in their game is necessary anymore.

2006 was when the mandela effect started, nothing has been the same since then..

It's when I first browsed /b. Sorry everyone.