vimeo.com
dailymotion.com
liveleak.com ( dying )
mediagoblin.org
zippcast.com ( returning soon )
uploadsociety.com ( old yt clone )
youku.com ( chink )

SJW cucks.

I'd like to know what the user percentages are between Youtube and all these other alternatives (ignoring foreign video websites that aren't targeted at westerners like niconico).

It's probably something like
95% - Youtube
3% - Vimeo / Dailymotion
2% - Everything else

People browsing other sites could likely be using Youtube too, since these things aren't mutually exclusive.

You don't give internet hobos money, you don't give advertisers money, and you don't give jewgle money.

You know that google can't show you ads on embedded videos, right?

There are no equivalent alternatives if you are looking for broad exposure and higher income. If you're looking for hosting only then any of these will do (vid.me was made for reddit so it will soon go the same way of imgur with their delete-happy attitude)

Stop lying, namefag.

They already silently delete videos if it's too edgy for them (fe. loli).
Fuck em, they take forever to convert the video anyway and display it in some bullshti js ui. There's plenty of anons who run direct file hosts:

github.com/tsudoko/long-live-pomf/blob/master/long-live-pomf.md

While files on these don't last long (~6 months), at least there's minimum of bullshit rules/webshit.

If it doesn't last long, it's not worth anything.

They can still take down videos that rustle their lizard overlords' jimmies. Does anyone know the best way to create a personal video archive that is searchable kind of like YouTube is?

/hydrus/

Huh, there's pretty much none. If you wan to sperg with tags, as said, hydrus can work. But you need to be enormous boorufag for years to get in tune with that sort of autism.

For us casuals, what's wrong with directories, symlinks & mlocate?

embedded videos are fine as long as your using pic related

Sorry, I forget this is a society of terrorists sometimes. I meant to imply software that respects freedom.

I'm having trouble managing just 3tb now. Typing keywords is easier than drilling down when your interests are diverse.

Also, I meant to imply free software, not terrorist-ware.

That's what symlinks (poor mans tag groups) and locate are for. I'm at 70TB, and doing just fine with filesystem. For music, I have repurposed zipscripts to symlink according to idv3.

For video, the rss categories/tags from torrent sites work fine too.

As for random pics/webms/mp4s saved from chans, I name them with content tags on download as a matter of habit and keep it in flat directory (ls|grep). Having all of those named as numbers is the worst...

thank you for schooling me user, this sounds like exactly what I want to learn

Nerd

kys

Sweet, it's free of missed abortions posting retarded shit, even better

I mount a fileserver via ssh using Gnome which seems to mount it inside of a tmpfs filesystem type which is being pruned by the locate database.

I could mount it using fuse.sshfs instead, but this type is also pruned by default.

Does anyone have a recommendation for either mounting the filesystem differently or relaxing the pruning on the locate database?

fucking KEK

Vimeo is the best one I've come across so far.

Vid.me has convenience to its name but its video re-encoding is absolute garbage and cuts to even lower quality than Youtube.

stop.

Vimeo will never ever replace youtube, ever.

Why are you singling out Vimeo?

Vimeo "prides" itself companywise as a website that is aimed more towards "arty" videos, whether it be short films nobody cares about, or music videos for bands nobody cares about.

I've written some shell scripts to automate this and shilled them here before.

Suicide

To making money? No one.

I think it's better they have a targeted niche. In fact, I hope there is a post-Youtube reality which does this for everything. It should help them to fit their niches better.

Bitchute?

kek

varg keeps hitting the front page, so they're doing a shit job

Stage6 ;____;

Gotta watch out for the immense amount of shitty russian 'simply stealing from jewtube and embedding it' crap like coub too.
These all allow uploading but only like 1-1.5% of their videos are actually 'content'

Also how is liveleak dying? Shit's posted everywhere, just that no one bothers enough to sign up to shitpost.

But our Silicon Valley overlords call this "balkanization" and they won't allow it.

Out of all of the alternative I think Vid.me has the highest chance to take away YouTube's market and become a good competitor. It's still growing, being developed and the devs actually respond to the users queries, but even if the site was made better there's still problem with censorship and policy because of said devs. Regardless, supporting them for now might be a good choice, the goal is to take away YouTube's monopoly on the market so even better new competition than Vid.me can emerge from the fallout.

Once YT's status as king is over people will start trying new video hosting sites (as the new cool thing) where the site we want will appear. From there someone is bound to make a meta-search engine and we won't even have to search every site individually, the scene will morph into something similar like we have with the torrent scene today.

They are already worse for Tor users than ShitTube.

I don't know if that's because it's a deliberate decision from the devs to block Tor or because they haven't developed the site to support it yet. Still, regular user don't use Tor for browsing video hosting sites, and with regular users Vid.me is gaining popularity. My point is Vid.me can dethrone YT which is beneficial to everyone even if you won't ever use Vid.me.

False alarm, it's accessible through Tor, it was just my exit node that was blocked. I checked it briefly just now, it's not bad except for missing some features (e.g. expanding the video size).
Although when looking at the actual content it's truly as shitty as youtube, there's absolutely nothing worthwhile to watch, just pure junk that will give your brain cancer. But that's not really the point. As long as google loses some of its power it's excellent.

you delusional retards.
we just want to host fucking video files without someone fucking with them.
the web cannot provide a solution for this since its centralized which means all the burden goes on one guy to provide infrastructure, and by the very nature of the web, people want to hotlink videos (without your stupid fucking shitty youtube player and logo and right click hijacking and drm), but that causes the hoster to block anyone with foreign referrers because of leechers.
even without the cost problem, centralized hosting will always be shit because they pander to local and even foreign police's imaginary problems by taking down 90% of the content, and the few who aren't total cucks are still forced to anyway
now pls tell me how great ipfs or whatever bullshit memeware which is currently popular.
all youll ever get with the web is bullshit like youtube where literally every video can only be viewed in like 5 random countries and are plastered with I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THIS VIDEO PLS NO KILL, and the rest of the videos were removed for some obscure copyright reason

that's because there are only like 5 sane people on the internet. the rest are either unironically liberals or republicans. neo4channers and republicans will not block stuff for SJW reasons, but they will still block tor because apparently only terrorists pedos and drug dealers need the right to basic privacy regarding which books they read

it still blocks IPs for no reason (the only real reason is temp ban under extreme ddos, which tor doesn't even have enough bandwidth to do in the first place) which is as bad as blocking tor, and of course will eventually result in banning all of tor

Have you tried just creating an SMB share drive?

How about instead of a video site, we make some kind of video hosting standard. You use the supplied boilerplate with your own video, and then you can add your link to an aggregator site that crawls your page and adds it to the system. Basically a video search engine with some strings attached to getting indexed.

Nope.

MEME

You should be using Gopher, or maybe FTP.

I ended up mounting it and tried to remove all the pruning but updatedb still wouldn't include the files.

Bitchute is really neat and I hope it takes off. The problem is most people just don't know of its existence. It needs much better outreach.

How does one maintain editorial control over their video once it's been decentralized? What if you want to change subtitles or annotations? What if you want to take it down? What if you want to replace it with something else?