Kids shows that have too dark episode

I'll start with season 4 episode 2 of tmnt 2012.
After super shredder fight leads Splinter into a deep dark cavern Splinter runs into old villain rat king. With injuries from Shredder Splinter is too weak and feverish. After some introspective, Splinter fights off Rat King and finds rat kings skeleton. So that entire incident was a fevered dream. The idea that Rat King not only did not survive the fall but busted open like a rotten can on impact goes through your mind.
What other unexpected really dark epidodes do you guys remember.

Season 4, episode 21*

Season 2 Episode 12a of powerpuff girls "speed demon".

Beyond had quite a few.
At least dark endings to many super villains.

Teen Titans Season 3 episode Haunted is the darkest episode of the entire series.

TETSUOOOOOOOO

Captain Simian
Episode 20, Rhesus Pieces, splatter graphic.

I spent a time a long while back marathoning Batman Beyond. I don't remember these two things happening. Weird.

Why? It was pretty standard.

I marathoned BB at June/July sometime, and a lot of it was really dark.
I think that was because it was based off BTAS, not JL/U, so they didn't have "fun" heroes, they had "the world fucking sucks and the people in it are often awful so killing is fine".
Bruce seemed quite happy for Terry, and even encouraged it a few times, to just flat out kill or maim the villain.
Inque got frozen solid for a year or so, Golem-kid just got his head melted to the headband's circuitry, whatever the dream guy was called reguarly got beaten the shit out of and thrown off stupid high cliffs etc.
Even Rat Boy got fucking pummelled.

I want more Terry, but I know it'd be a fuckup in the animation department, and the comics aren't that great.
Also, did anyone else notice how Mad Stan just kind of appeared out of nowhere and we were meant to immediately know who he was?

Most of the episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Mad Stan was a sideshow sort of enemy. Like the various monsters in Teen Titans. He had plenty of characterization to let you know what he was all about and didn't really need to have his own episode or anything

I want to find the person who came up with the idea of a "terry is really bruce's kid" twist and shoot that person in the spine.

April moon.

Too dark for even Courage the Cowardly Dog?

I guess the episode where that alligator puppeteer turns Eustace and Muriel into puppets? It ends with them still as puppets.

Over The Garden Wall, all of it. Although the final episode really stands out. They actually went with the "characters were in Limbo the whole time" plot, the absolute madmen

I thought the episode where Courage's parents get sent off into outer space, and he's left by himself as a baby was pretty fucked up.

BTAS's Growing Pains episode was pretty dark.

Mighty Max was the god of this mess. I need stress that despite having a shitty name, Skullmaster has without a doubt the highest fucking body count I ever seen in a children's cartoon. This fucker is offing people as far back as Episode one even though he was sealed in the earth. Than Max fucking lets the fucker out. The first season finale went Magnificent seven and four heroes were outright killed.

The two part series finale even had Norman, the baddest motherfucker in the show, die to the one thing he feared the most. Being eaten alive by a giant spider. Max is without his allies and Skullmaster nearly taken the world over.

That shit wasn't dark, oh no, that shit was outright bleak.

Literally the only reason it's not so depressing because Max gets a second chance and he remembers the previous timeline.

He is also told to hurry the fuck up this time

Thats his origin story he was to weak to stop the vet so thats why he does all that shit for Eustace and Muriel

Im surprised nobody has tried to bring that series back.

It's too fucking bad nobody can find a decent copy of this fucking show and it's all those crappy VHS quality copies every time

Bruce Timm I think

But how about that GI Joe episode with Shipwreck going crazy

Or when Spock put his pet werewolf to sleep

Having Spongebob and Mr. Krabs believe they killed someone and then try and cover up the crime is pretty damn dark.

Not a cartoon BUT is worth a watch for a really dark ride

That one, and the one with the woman who ends up faceless, freaked me out as a kid.

Story?

That's the one where Robin Fight Clubs himself, right?

a few years ago there was a guy who had access to the master copies held by STARZ
he was uploading them to youtube. Don't know if they're still up

Any more?

This is a show that will be completely spoiled if you heard the story first.

wasn't there an episode when Satan kills everyone on earth?

You mean when Trigon ruled earth? I don't think so. What kind of king rule over an empty land?

was that the cartoon with a baby who had a rocketship?

Fucking NOPE. I'm out of here.

You son of a bitch. I'm on to you.

Great choice

Nah, that's the cartoon based off of a toyline where a young kid is entrusted with a magic cap to ward off evil.

He fucking sucks at it, The first time around.

RETURN THE SLAB

Then what is it, genius? A live-action puppet show?

The word is anime.

Trigon I guess because that is exactly what happened

That guy knows how to play Call of Chtuhu the right way. I wasnt expecting it to be this good.

Not this shit again. Yes, the word is anime. As in animation. As in cartoons. Anime is the term nips use to refer to cartoons. Do you understand? Is the message sinking in? Am I getting this through your thick simian fucking skull? Comprende?

That was freaky is in supernatural. In psychological matter we got nutcase like Fred. But if you want truly dark then episodes involving Eustache's family. He's mean but his family was worse.

Now I understand why Muriel stayed with him. She can saw the good in everyone.

My guess is that not everyone killed. They either turned into his slave or turned into his firey minions.

I want more darkness

You're taking things far too seriously man.

*Smash all the lamps in the room*

*Starts groping user*

Ssssh let it happen