Straighten yourself out

Watch lectures by Dr Jordan B. Peterson and take responsibility for your own actions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YpqXNgvfa4k&t=19s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to die because I am not an omnipotent.

an omnipotent god*

If you are serious about wanting to die, maybe it's because you lack passion. Is there anything you truly love?

nope, can't really think of anything

You have to find something.
Watching Jordan B. Peterson's videos helped me gain focus. I am still working on myself, but I am way better off than when I started out.

Check out this video and watch all of his "Maps of Meaning" lectures if it resonates with you.

I have tried, but there isn't anything that I want to do.

Do you work?

eh….

I did, wasn't happy then, not doing it now.

Good video, good advice.

Another good one. Do you go to /improve/?

I don't, but it looks like a nice board.

What did you work and why weren't you happy with it?

I have never liked working on anything.

Dumping /improve/ ITT.

Very cool. I still have to look closer to see if I have to disavow any of those images. :^)

Do you feel comfortable with other people working to sustain you?

Well which is it, OP? Should I straighten myself out or should I watch the videos and have Dr. Jordan B. Peterson straighten me out? Because I can't do both. I mean if I straighten myself out, I won't need Peterson, and if I watch the lectures it will be him straightening me out. The two are mutually exclusive. Given that you are the one who suggested it, I think maybe you are the one who needs straightening out, OP. Not me. And honestly I don't give a flying fuck how it happens, but I would guess that you are pretty helpless to do it yourself. So hopeully there is something for you in those lectures, because God knows you need help.

no, not really. I'd be okay with it were technology, but not with humans.

i get how he's a celebrity and everything but damn there are halfway decent professors out there they just happen to require college tuition

Try anal dildos, gape your butt hole until it reaches superhuman dimensions.

Made me chuckle. In case you are really autistic, I'll explain. Watch the videos to get a sense of direction. You will have to do the straightening out part yourself, no matter how much you watch the guy.

I find most of his tangents to be interesting. When he's asked something in interviews, he can be very to the point, though he takes longer to explain things than other people because he's very careful not to overgeneralize things.

Then why aren't you working?

came into some money, kept me from working without being a parasite

Inheritance? Gambling? Crime?

Whatever it was, you still have to work. Not doing unpleasant things will numb you and make you dumber.

You say you are currently unhappy. I say work on yourself so that you can respect yourself again. Maybe then you can find a purpose and be at peace with yourself.

Inheritance, and working on myself was the first thing I tried and failed after you I didn't have to work anymore.
now I do is read smut and think about universes I'll never be able to live in

Living off inheritance does make you a parasite. That money could have gone to people who are actually useful to society.

what the fuck is this retard talking about
isn't this just another way of telling young people that, "your sorrow isn't your own fault"?

plumbers makes sure water that is both used for drinking and bathing is sanitary, as well provide a reliable and efficient way for waste water to be taken outside of the house where it can be treated.
Without this disease and infection would kill many more people then they do now, thus plumbers save more people then doctors

Clean water augments your quality of life, and can therefore be seen as a preventative measure towards reducing sickness and other ailments that arise out of a lack of clean water (dehydration, food poisoning, etc). Taking preventative measures is not equivalent to saving lives, because saving someone's life implies that someone's life is in immediate danger, and another person has come to remove the threat. When it comes to surgeons, they save lives by patching people up after they've been afflicted by gunshot wounds and other injuries, or by giving ongoing treatment in the event that one is poisoned or infected with something.

Not the same thing, he's talking out of his ass, even though I see your point.

parasites rely on relationships to sustain themselves and give nothing, that is what defines a parasite., if I don't have any relationships, then I can't be a parasite, and I owe society nothing

Psychology is pseudo-science and Peterson talks about a lot of shit that he knows nothing about. A lot of things that aren't psychology. Sometimes he says interesting (not necessarily correct) things when talking about the psychology of literature and stuff, but most of the other shit he says is pulled right out of his ass.

That said, he talks shit about SJWs and they try to ban him, so I strongly support him even though I disagree with a lot of the things he says.

I consider it to be so, especially on a large scale.
take self driving car for an example. They are going to save 1000s of lives every year if they become prevalent.

That is exactly what you did. You rely on your relationship with whoever gave you that inheritance, and contribute nothing. Congrats on winning the lottery and being able to do that, but don't act like it doesn't make you a parasite.

at most I am a scavenger, and scavengers aren't defined as parasites

who says an individual has to make a sacrifice to be a citizen? is it mr peterson? god? the man? your blood is yours, for someone to convince you that you need to spill it for someone else to be worth anything means that your blood doesnt belong to you, you are owned.

this postmodern existential nihilism is so subtle in its trickery that its easy to miss, it employs a bait and switch tactic. "there is no meaning to life, but we'll give your life meaning if you sacrifice yourself on the alter of venus / wendy". existential nihilism is degenerate but here they are fabricating a meaning to fit their own agenda, in particular they offer an ideology that is coherent with a contemporary culture that is infected by politicized feminism, ie a man can only find meaning when his is imbibing from the holy grail ie the vagina

all potential is the root of god, it is a person connection to divinity. the moment a person is exposed to the mitwelt they learn to assimilate the dualistic nature of the universe and from dualism arises the complexities of the the ten thousand things. tricking a person into thinking that they can only be useful as a tool, and to be that tool they must narrow their horizons down from all possibility to one is the main trick that the control system uses to keep a person in high density state locked into the matrix. this system is degenerate, because it denies a person their full potential and access to their spirituality and god.

when he says all potential is low resolution he really means to say low density. the matrix exists in your mind, it is holographic, to make the construct it must be fabricated by human consciousness (or maybe more accurately unconsciousness) giving it form, density. to "be" something is density, it is rigid and un-moving, it is the fibers of the matrix. if you "are" a plumber you are just a cog in the system, you "are" not even "you" in a certain sense. you are not A Anonymous who lives at 123 anonymous road. every time you are compartmentalised in this way you are digitised into the matrix code.

i do wander if this is a new strategy for SJWs, they first try to convince us that Holla Forums is dead to try and ruin our community, now are using this pernicious philosophy to try and convert us into degenerates, a philosophy that surmounts to that men can only have meaning if they prostrate themselves before women. consider that "The Peter Pan Syndrome: Men Who Have Never Grown Up" is a feminist text

this guy is so eloquent and touches on topics that are so compelling that its hard not to give credence to what he is saying

but in reality what he is saying is pretty blue pilled. his world view is self admittedly only one zoom level out from that of a lawyer.

his philosophy has an ethnocentrism to it, his concepts are nothing more than how to be successful in a certain field of business in a certain culture and somehow he sounds like he is saying something more profound than he is. the title of the video even proclaims that it contains the meaning of life. as if the meaning of life is "to be a good [insert job title] you should try really hard to be good". its worth noting that preoccupation and identifying self with ones own job role is a phenomena of american culture.

aiming low is defeatist and degenerate. if you wanted to draw a circle you wouldnt decide that you were quite bad at drawing circles, so youd aim to draw a wonky circle - because thats more realistic - then draw a bad version of a wonky circle, this being degenerate because youd have drawn a worse circle than you would have if you just tried to draw a perfect circle. no, you try to draw a perfect circle, and every time you refine it, youd get better resolution, your zoom on the fractal would change. if you just decided that you wouldnt start with the original fractal, youd end up preoccupied with a bastardisation of the fractal.

the nature of god is ineffable and as such high spiritual attainment and therefore self actualization, the pinnacle of good mental health that psychology is preoccupied with is ineffable. peterson tells us that we shouldnt aim for the star that we cant see, instead we should focus on the star that we can see. this philosophy is postmodern degenerate reductionism. dont consider the abstract, dont imagine the unimginable, concentrate what is directly in front of your eyes in the construct (a dog is a dog, theres nothing more to it), that typically being the pendulum we dangle infront of your eyes to keep you in your hypnotic sleep that we dont want you waking up from.

inb4 tldr

What do you recommend? That millions of numbnuts try to come up with solutions to what we believe to be unsolvable problems so they will end up feeling like miserable failures, all the while repeating mistakes that people have known about before ancient times, while maybe one of them is successful, or we tell them realistic, achievable goals that they can work towards while living a decent life?
I think the second option is more pragmatic and humane.

Jordan B. Peterson tells people to curb degeneracy, work on their problems step by step, and to try to better themselves. I really don't understand what problem you would have with that.
He does mention in some talks that there are special people out there that can change our paradigms drastically, but that you probably are not one of them, but if you really think you are one of them, don't let him discourage you.

yeah i think we can safely say that is a postmodern reductionist philosophy ie degenerate

i take it that you are implying that we are just a mass of organic dross, this is pretty nihilistic standpoint ie degenerate. everyone single person has something to contribute to society, every single human being has exponential potential. like the earths atmosphere theoretically never ends, theoretically a human being might never die. an old person might die tomorrow of old age, but if he ate more healthily at a younger age and exercised he might have lived an extra day, he worked even harder at being healthier, he might have lived another day and so on. sure the returns on effort are diminishing, but the only thing that is limiting his efforts is his will to power, such is the limitless potential of the human being. encouraging a person to do anything less than strive to be limitless is degenerate as it puts a limit on a persons potential, and that is a truism if i ever heard one.

you have strawmaned my argument pretty well, im going to accept some responsibility for that as i probably could have been clearer on some points

for a start, viewing the struggles in daily life as problems is degenerate, because it implies that the struggles in life and by extension life itself, are unwelcome

this phrase although it sounds like some shitty pep talk a boss would give their employees holds pretty significant truth.

when viewed in this light the human struggle isnt some unwelcome effect we are subjected and subject to. it is a learning exercise, its an experience with no pass or fail criteria and so isnt unsolvable because there was no solution because you cant solve life because its not a problem, its a challenge. the point of life isnt to get to the end, its about the journey in between. even longevity may not be as important as expanding on every moment in between life and death, to get the most resolution or zoom level on every opportunity for potential or even creating more, so there can be as much breadth to life as there is length. youd be creating a spherical shape in space time, one dimension would be time, and the other would be your influence in 3d space realm. when creating that spherical shape there would be no reason why you wouldnt create it with the same rules i have states previously for drawing a perfect circle, if you werent trying to draw a perfect circle youd be compromising on your potential for life.

when you talk about paradigm you are talking about consensus reality, which is necessarily the same thing as reality. being able to "change the matrix as he sees fit" isnt something that everybody is going to be able to do, sure. but telling people that they arent capable of transmuting the world around them is part of the signal the matrix uses to keep people asleep

My favorite part about JBP is how badly alt-right autists misinterpret his positions on free speech to be some sort of endorsement of their entire point of view. I can't wait for the shitstorm when he decides he's said enough about PC culture and moves on to something like avoiding discourse by labeling everything you don't agree with "degenerate." I wonder how big the fallout will be, or whether the cognitive dissonance of the collective millions of dollars they've thrown at him will force them to accept his points?

i forgot to add

he mentions that if you reduce yourself from all potential, to one possibility, that you under go a narrowing, a contraction, its worth pointing out anything that is reducing in size but maintaining the same mass is increasing in density, but somehow after this process life inexplicably becomes "good" again.

but this isnt what happens in real life, in real life people have a mid life crisis.

a mid life crisis occurs because people do exactly what he suggests, they reduce their life to a career, a family, and identify their being with these constructs and expect to extract meaning from them. except this leaves people with a emptiness inside, because all they have done is created a hollow existence, their own personal holographic dungeon in the matrix which has no substance, and so they feel unfulfilled. hollow - hologram.

some people say your not born with a soul, but you create it. if you were given a blank canvas at birth that was the size of the universe and you decided to only fill out one tiny corner of it, and you were zoomed in so close to it your whole life that you thought that tiny corner was the whole world, but then one day you stepped back from it and realised that you were missing so much more, im pretty sure this would send most people neurotic. perhaps theres an inbuilt fail safe mechanism in humans that gives people a kick up the ass when you hit 40 to make sure that if they had squandered their life up until that point that they will make the most out of the rest of it, perhaps thats why they say life beings at 40, when most people have their mid life crisis

BUMP!
JP IS SECOND COMING OF CHRIST= CONFIRMED

INTRODUCTION TO JP and also incidentally his best video:

Why not just go to /r9k/ and be a happy virgin?

Why dysnomia is an asshole or the essential nature if leaders?

About the fall of 4chan and the creation of fullchan?
youtube.com/watch?v=YpqXNgvfa4k&t=19s

About SJWs and the leftist threat?

And finally this is not for the general 8ch population but for the posters in this thread specifically:
How to help retards?

I don't really understand where you are getting all this, but it sounds like you think JBP wants people to be complacent. This is not true at all. He tells people to work on the small things first and to work themselves up.
The example like to joke about is him telling people to start by "cleaning up their rooms." It's pretty funny, but it has truth if you really get down to it. If somebody is incapable of getting their act together in their own house and with their own families, what are the odds that they have some profound insight into society that will reshape it from the ground up if they broadcast it?

Other than Ted Kaczynski, there cannot be a being that is not at peace with his or her home and also a transcendent paradigm-shifting thinker.

By the way, am I wrong in believing that what you say is, by and large, apologia for people to continue to pursue vices just in case they get mental retardation at the halfway point that tells them something like "Man, you know what I really should have done when I was in my 20s? More drugs and more reckless fucking! I really missed out."

To me it sounds like you are convinced he does not want people to achieve greatness. But I am convinced he just wants to help people shape themselves to actually have a shot at doing this rather than aiming at a tiny target in a dark room with a broken pistol and only one bullet.

Bump for interest

Clean your room!

So all he does is essentially tell you to stop being stupid, he doesn't actually provide you with anything of substance or provide actual assistance or even support to anyone?

Why the fuck would I need to watch a video of that, let alone a video series of that? Are there really people out there who need a video series to tell them to stop being jackoffs in order to turn their lives around? Those people should be left alone to die of malnutrition and suicide! They are supposed to fall by the wayside, user, that is called natural selection.
This "doctor" is a fraud and is providing a disservice to humanity. He should be shot.

this seems like a pretty good preamble for a strawman argument, you then double down on your own already stated position after my counter point instead of offering your own which is pretty contradictory but i will elaborate on my original position in case you are genuinely struggling to follow what i have written

this isnt a particularly profound point that he is making, "know thyself", "the man in the mirror", are pretty ubiquitous concepts, that say, if you cant do your own introspection / personal spiritual homework for want of better phrasing, then you probably arent in the best place to to understand or make changes in the wider world. as above so below or as within so without, if you cant deal with your own inner space / microcosm then you probably cant deal with outer space / macrocosm. i'm not even sure if he is even operating on this zoom level, perhaps he literally means tidying your room and isnt even using it as an analogy for introspection, this i could believe because i have already point out that he is operating at a very blue pilled level. not to say tidying your room isnt important part of clearing the clutter from a persons life.

and to some extent he is just describing in a convoluted way maslows heirachy of needs. if you are unable to take a shit without needing help wiping your ass, you probably arent best suited to being a politician, again nothing profound about this and that is not even university level psychology.

again you are describing a control structure, you suggest people should be drip fed their spiritual / emotional etc growth. this is a means to keep people in a low vibrational state and easy to manipulate. if a person were to do their introspection, ie contemplate the macrocosm, there is no reason why a person shouldnt aim to comprehend the entirety of that internal universe and so above the external universe less they become ignorant to aspects of that universe. topics such as cosmology wouldnt exist if humanity just said, "well our telescopes only let us see so far, anything we cant see we can just ignore". everytime you compromise on a individuals potential you are compromising the potential of the whole of humanity. this could be understood in very direct way, if one person didnt reach their potential so humanity is worse off because not everyone is hitting their full potential when they could be, but also as above so below applies here, if you say its okay for the microcosm of an individual to aim low, then it follows that you are saying its okay for humanity as the macrocosm to aim low which is profoundly degenerate.

cont.

i have already discussed why telling people they are incapable on alchemical operations is part of the control signal so i do not feel the need to discuss this further, your doubling down on this is contradictory

to be talking about absolutes especially with regard to being is absurd, you cannot drink the word water. you cannot ascribe a human schema of being to an entity and expect it to accurately describe that entities essence so to talk about being in absolutes is only putting limit on the schema which is (hopefully) only tool for human understanding. so again you are putting limits on human potential for understanding.

also

[citation needed], if you really want to talk in absolutes i think you are going to need to evidence your claims

yes you are, would you care to make an argument rather than constructing strawmen? you havent even explained your "reasoning" for how you came to these false representations, so i dont particularly feel the need to point out the poor logic you used to construct your strawman if you arent willing to provide it.

i'm convinced he wants people to achieve mediocrity, to be a subordinate little peon and be the best peon they can be, with their blinkers on, ignorant to the world of possibility other than what is directly in front of them. if he wanted them to aim higher he would be so determined to persuade them not to. he explicitly states this. "dont aim for up there, dont aim for down there either, aim for the middle, ie mediocrity" mediocre from medius ‘middle’.

cont.

i wanted to add something to but i think it also somewhat relevant to your strawman of my position, although i do not feel your non argument begged being addressed directly.

his position that people shouldnt be all potential, but should identify with a particular role to achieve responsibility is pretty degenerate in that it justifies degenerate behavior

if person was a faggot they are encouraged to identify as being a faggot, they are told they should be proud to be a faggot, and they should take ownership of being a faggot lest they dont fess up to responsibilities of being a faggot, being a faggot is a burden, its a sacrifice as peterson would put it. its hard being a faggot, people oppress you, it would be nice to be a heterosexual and have a loving family and biological offspring and be accepted by society but that is the sacrifice a faggot makes to be themselves.

but the reality no one "is" a faggot, you cant drink the word water, faggot is an idea, the moment that person reduces their all possibility to one they are being degenerate as i have already stated.

but being faggot is not a sacrifice, its not a responsibility, in fact, its refusal of responsibility. they are too busy sucking dick to have heterosexual sex and raise a family.

or take something such as autism. people think they are autistic, "oh woah is anyone who is autistic, you dont understand the burden of not being understood". when in fact autism is an excuse to be a giant anti-social fuck tard who doesnt have to take responsibility for their actions. they also rely on society to prop them up because they feel they cant be expected to go to work ect becasue their state of being autistic gives them excuse not to

they are told they dont have to try to not be autistic, being autistic, is a responsibility, a sacrifice. that whole spectrum of human experience gets closed off to them because they are compartmentalised in their little autistic box. "dont worry about creating complex emotional bonds with people in your community, you dont have to work on your social skills, it would be wrong to make you after your sacrifice". " dont worry about pushing yourself mentally, spiritually and physically, you cant achieve that, you are autistic, sit and home and watch pokemon all day, thats your sacrifice"

petersons postmodernist philosophy is the one that is used by SJWs to excuse degenerate behaviour.

you wouldnt build a bridge 3/4 the way accross a river becasue you didnt think you could build the whole way accross

man didnt think we could only make it 3/4 of the way to the moon so they only aimed to get that far

you dont half be a human being

you dont aim to half live a life "live life to the full" ring a bell? unless you are a degenerate

okay fuck all this bluepilled philosophy

lets get some red pill up in this bitch

inb4/jus bee urslef xD & “ur not even tryign u want this u chose to be shaken as an infant & raised in near-poverty and decades of verbal and physical abuse and given little else but video games and junk food to soothe the pain of living away u whiny lil bitch!11! it’s ur fault how you end up despite you having no choice in where and how you were born and raised etc cuz the engineer is totes not at fault when the building collapses!11! itz all on u to drag urslef up out of the sewer hole yuo were dumped down =D other pplz have it worse!11! pick urslef up by yer bootstraps :^) therez no such thing as ‘normal’ xD”

Shout-out to /mentat/.

Here's a good lesson about IQ.