Punk Thread

Punk is pretty edgy and a lot of my leftists beliefs were discovered through a love of punk. I don't know if anyone else here loves punk shit but I'm going to see Conflict (anarchopunk band) live this week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSA1gtUCH8c
youtube.com/watch?v=RjUoGTPtKh4
youtube.com/watch?v=99QtYQxDG5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kxnZZk_iYLA
anarcho-punk.net/
reddit.com/r/Anarchopunks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Old 80s punk was the stone cold shit.

Yeah, hardcore stuff is great. Punk is pretty lively in some obscure bits of my area but it's largely been overshadowed now by the indie garage rock scene which is annoying and pretentious as fuck. Also there's tons of annoying "we're the real punk" types who are ironically conformist.

There's also a lowkey sort of alt music club for youth in my area that a bunch of weird neo nazi hardcore kids try and infiltrate all the time. I shit you not, literal nazis white lace and all.

same, always into punk bands in high school now my favorite is folk punk.

Pat the Bunny is a comrade for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSA1gtUCH8c

youtube.com/watch?v=RjUoGTPtKh4

I really hate those kvlt faggots. It is like music is not pure if you can enjoy it without dense theory.

I was unironically called a faggot by an anarchopunk for wearing crossed laces and I was like "this is literally a 'nonconformist' subculture who the fuck am I offending." Like the people who still LARP 1970s Mod and Punk fights.

he's not

youtube.com/watch?v=99QtYQxDG5Q

you sure? his lyrics suggest he's a radical leftist.

Stop responding to tankie-posting, they are retarded.

I was just doing a tankie thing. Of course he is. He's the reason I joined my local communist youth branch when I was in high school, massive dude. Too bad he's anarcho, but I guess it's the american way

oh, ok.

cause damn this is pretty much the Holla Forums anthem right down to the Marx references haha: youtube.com/watch?v=kxnZZk_iYLA

funny how you find out the things you've liked in the past are intimately connected to leftism, as if you've been on this vague path towards it your entire life but didn't realize it.

or maybe I'm just a faggot.

Did someone say anarchopunk?

greeting leftypol, for anyone interested you can follow this link and get and get pretty much any and every anarchopunk band worth listening to downloaded for free.

anarcho-punk.net/

there is also this place on reddit, yes i know reddit is shit but this place is aight.

reddit.com/r/Anarchopunks/

Some extreme metal bands such as Napalm Death have leftist lyrics as well.

Which is funny, because ive seen Alt-right types wearing their band shirts and the irony of it is just a bit too much.

The alt-right thinks Taylor Swift is a secret Nazi. They also think her music is good, so it's clear they're delusional.

Where you at nigga? I grew up around Houston and the scene there seemed to dive into glam rock bullshit. Pretty much have up on it tbh.

LET THE TRIBE INCREASE

Glam? Really? I thought that shit was dead outside Japan.

i dont get hardcore, same shit riffs all the time, low skill, and lyrics are pretty shit if it wasn't for the political content.
Why not practice, study music theory and read poetry a bit? Does it hurt to know what you are doing?

It's been years since I've bothered to poke my head in but yeah. They'd call it "Rock'n'roll" instead of "Glam" but they dressed like Hanoi Rocks cover bands and sounded like bad knockoffs of New York Dolls.

it's not that enjoyable if they can't write a rhyme or do something more than copy some random riffs. Although, i do recognized its positive anti-system cultural influence.
It doesn't make much sense to keep living like you were in the 70's and copying the same old formula over and over and over and over again

Bless post punk for moving it forward with actual good music.

Los Angeles fam

Aren't you supposed to be a fan of bashing rocks together?

I'm sorry but pat the bunny is not my comrade boys… He's admitted he isn't an anarchist nor a punk anymore, as part of his heroin recovery. He doesn't let anyone drink at his shows or anything (been to one). Well maybe its harsh to say he's not a comrade but he isn't an anarchist anymore. Also I've always found the train hopping scene pretty narcissistic.

Anyways I love hardcore a lot. Crass introduced me to left ideas. Good to see you guys on here. Rudimentary peni is a GREAT band too.

This. Glad I'm not the first one to have to brave posting it.

Hardcore, as music, is pretty shit. I like Black Flag but that's about it. But proto-Punk is pretty good, though. Stuff like Iggy and the Stooges, Velvet Underground, New York Dolls. And of course post-Punk.

not all green anarchists are primies. I think that technology is pretty useful for making self sustainable automaton agriculture.
readafuckingbook.jpg

I do like punk music, a lot, but not hardcore though, it's mostly boring repetitive gimmicky music, like i said before. I even posted some punk music that i enjoy on my next post.

same, Black Flag has some cool music, like Clocked In and White Minority.
Dolls are so cool, bad ass guys dressed in drag in the 70's. On Morrissey autobiography he wrote that he was kicked out of class because he was showing a Dolls record to colleagues.
And also Patti Smith, her lyrics are so good, she is such a good poet.

He used to be, but he announced recently (I think on his blog) that he no longer associates himself with Anarchism.

Inability to grasp irony is a sign of autism.

The only alt right approved celebrities are Mel Gibson and Justin Bieber.