Horror movies

I need some new, good horror movies to watch.

I recently watched The Witch, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, As Above So Below Triangle, The Others, The Taking of Deborah Logan, and enjoyed all of these a lot. I also recommend that you watch them too if you like movies with a good atmosphere that are not poozed.

Now, based on these movies, what are some other ones that I can watch? I saw like 100 recommendations to similar movies and most of them look like shit. Crap like the babadook, Ouija , the conjuring 2, don't breathe, it follow, they kind of look like trash and not similar to the ones that I posted, they seem to be shit. Can you fags recommend me something great and recent, especially if they're similar to the ones I posted? It's so rare to find good horror movies.

As Above So Below and Triangle were supposed to be separated, oops.

Shit, forgot to recommend the movie Rec. Watch that, it's great.

It was alright, decently spoopy.
The first one is complete ass, the sequel/prequel however is pretty decent, it was actually spoopy.
It was alright I guess, I preferred the first one
Nigger cuckposting tier
Pretty good actually, you should give it a watch. I enjoyed it.

Well if you liked the witch you'll probably like The Void, it's made by the same people
Also try The Canal, and Southbound

My problem with the babadook is that I've read a lot of people saying that they think it's a very pretentious movie, you know, like those pretentious indie horror movie. And I'd hate if that'd be true. I'm not completely sure if that's the case so this is why I thought it would be a good idea to have a horror discussion thread.

If you say that It Follows is actually pretty good then I'll try it.

That's perfect if it's made by the same guys. I'll definitely get The Void. Just looked up the other two movies as well, they seem to not be trash, I'll get those too.

Sweet. So now we have:
The Witch, The Autopsy of Jane Doe, As Above So Below, Triangle, The Others, The Taking of Deborah Logan, It follows, The Canal, Southbound, The Void.

It's a little pretentious, no doubt about that, but it was spooky.

It follows is good up until the last 1/4 of the film when it turns into a retarded buffy episode

yikes, Reddit!

Try Marebito & The Tunnel.

The tunnel is great
there's not enough horror movies about going into spooky underground places, It's why I liked as above so below.

There's also Creep, from 2004, that is a great movie about going into underground places.

The Tunnel seems like just another "found footage" movie but it's great at building atmosphere and not showing the "monster" until one blurry night-vision thing at the very end.

They both look interesting, thanks.

Yeah, that scene where they ring the giant bell and the sound guy disappears is kino

I really liked that movie even if many find it corny. I knew that shit's gonna get real when a random phone started ringing. I just imagine being down there, if that happened to me I'd fucking shit myself, especially after actually responding to it and hearing what the man said.

I really like the idea of AASB, but the movie ended up being complete garbage, very disappointed. I did enjoy The Babadook, though, and I don't know why people think it's pretentious. I mostly think people are just looking for an excuse to not like it.

I'll vote for The Void, The Tunnel and Creep. I'll add to that list Urban Explorer (2011), and Citadel (2012), because they're urban / subterranean horror. The descriptions for both make them sound really bad, but Citadel is a very creepy, atmospheric movie, and Urban Explorer just takes a fairly long time to get going, but the effects are really realistic and effective.

I don't know why you hated it. It's about going in the catacombs and exploring the fears of each character, if they can overcome those fears then they live, else they die. The location for the movie is great for horror and there were not a lot of jumps cares, there was a lot of buildup. So I do not understand you.

There were a lot of great visuals like the burning car, the cult, the claustrophobic nature of it, but I just couldn't get over things like a poem rhyming in English when it's translated, the general stupidity of the cameras, and what absolutely killed it was making it found footage. The last point is especially annoying when she goes back and takes the camera with her. For what purpose would a person do that? It was an unnecessary hook to what otherwise would have been a perfectly fine watch-once-and-forget movie.

Like I said, I like the idea, and I like underground and urban / city horror, but there was too much stupid going on.

Just opened it again and apparently the reason for why she took the camera is because of it's light. Their headlamps were turned off/depleted of energy. The poem rhyming in english is just convenience for the viewer. Anyway, these did not bother me. I do agree with you on the found footage, I wish that it was not filmed from that perspective, but I tried to ignore that since I liked the movie.

That's cool, at least someone liked it, it's just not for me. Found footage can work, but the conceit has to make sense. It makes sense in [REC], because the footage is evidence, same with The Tunnel, but all too often it's just a gimmick, like Chronicle.

I'm really hyped to see The Tunnel now.

You might enjoy this, more unnerving than flat out scary though. Poor ending but rest is very good.

I remember seeing trailers for this years ago but I forgot about it. I'll give it a try then.

If you like horror comedies like Evil Dead, I recommend the Feast movies. Another good one would be Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer. It's a little slow paced, but it's well made.

It's a remake of Species.

You misspelled "fap material".

Horror comedies are shit
hahahahhah xd blood and guts and le wacky one liners!
they are never funny or scary, they fail on all fronts

This. Same goes for action-comedies. Friendly reminder that the 'Cornetto Trilogy' is overrated trash

I *really* like Feast, and Jack Brooks is pretty solid, if bottom heavy. Both have great effects. Feast II and III, though, are really bad.

Damn man, I just saw The Tunnel and it was really bad. It has such a long and boring build-up that leads to nothing. There's too much useless screaming, the camera's way too shaky, you never even see the 'thing' and the interviews interrupted the movie way too much.

Did someone say subterranean horror?

What's with the low rating everywhere? Did you saw it, was it great or just 'meh'?

Good question. There's a UK version and a shitty US "Director's Cut". The one you want is the UK/PAL version, otherwise don't bother. I guess most people saw the director's cut. The music is real good in the PAL version. My opinion might be kind of bias because the first time I saw the movie I was real high and drunk, but it's one of my favorite buried treasures.

meant for

Alright then, thanks.

I could never get into it in that way. Unrelated but the hybrid reminds me of Camren Bicondova who is is always spammed here.

>>>/waifuist/

I found Feast II to be rather enjoyable. Part III not so much.

I fucking want Reddit to leave this place. That movie was pure shit, literally a "what if stds were a monster that keep coming" is only praised by morons and hipster because is "sooo deep"

This is actually quite interesting if you're a warhammer 40k fan

military tries to weaponize demonhost

Anything from the golden ages of Lucio Fulci. Pure terror within a screen as inspired by Artaud's Theater of Cruelty. I hate how japcucks try to make their flicks look like something that did happen in real life for the sake of being (((spooky))), Fulci's movies in contrary are legit recreations of nightmares. And one more thing, Fulci's view on art and spirituality are almost as deep as Tarkovsky's, and I'm not joking about that. Read his interviews.

That's a shame. I saw it like a horror version of Grizzly Man. Glad you gave it a try, though.