DBZ Abridged 56

This felt like a really, really boring episode of Married with Children.

What did you guys think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/db-full-color-artificial-humans-cell-arc-03/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

man, it's taking these faggots longer to "abridge" this series than it took 100 malnourished Japs armed with nothing but colored pencils to put the whole thing into motion.

I think it goes on /a/, like all anime.

Monthly my ass.
If they're gonna take so long to produce for mediocre episodes you would suppose them to be dead by now.

YGOTAS has had a couple of boring episodes since the end of battle city tournament, but is pretty much a one depressed man operation and he was out of touch for how long it took him to make a new episode, but b if he keeps releasing at a two month rate he'll get in touch with the characters soon enough.

It was written in America, is thought for western public.
The only Asian thing left is the animation, like every cartoon in Holla Forums which is animated in some Korean warehouse.
Technically is Holla Forums.

And at least he understands what the meaning of 'abridged' is since he still relegates duels into the background instead of trying to remake them turn for turn.

DBZ aired on Toonami, thus it's Holla Forums related.

If they started posting threads about Lucky Star, then fucking hit the report button until it breaks.

I expected better of all of you.

I believe that part of the problem is the source material.
Yu-Gi-Oh is riddled with holes and mistakes per minute is really easy to find shit to make fun of, I would call littlekuriboh a hack if it wasn't because he's legitimately funny and adds his own shit like lolsorandom humor as the base, obscure references and no respect for the source material.

TFS is giving too much respect to DBZ and this episodes aren't so bad in the original, so there's no much to work with.

It's anime, faggot.

I really liked the Android 16 backstory reveal that they animated and put in themselves, it was a good way to spend 17 minutes.

There are generals on the front page dedicated to the sewage coming out of calarts.
You deserve your disappointment.

eh wasn't that bad i had a few chuckles, can't wait for the buu saga because you can tell as the series got more serious the less material they have to work with.

Buu saga is by far the least serious of the Z series.

Yeh

also can't wait till dende meet videl

Probably one of the weakest episodes so far. I did like the Dende stuff and the way they use instant transmission will never not be funny. But overall it was pretty meh.

I agree, it was actually pretty good. Especially how Awkward sixteen was.

This (though I prefer this over YGOTAS, unprofessionalism is what gives abridged series its charm)

I agree with OP, the end gag in ep 55 should've been enough

Touching

You gotta admit, this is pretty damn catchy

Goes on >>>/a/

The problem is, TFS is just taking it too seriously. It's not even abridged anymore, which is supposed to be something more like a coherent YTP. They're putting too much into turning DBZA into a reproduction, putting too much polish on it. What used to be silly and humble with its own free-spirited sense of humor, for better or worse, is gradually turning into something way bigger than it needs to be at the expense of what the original crop of fans appreciated. It's just the same show with swearing, snark and more marketable catchphrases. It's a soulless second brand now. I mean, even Hercule's intro was played dead straight, unless they're planning on dropping that punchline that he's full of shit another month or two later.

>"Hail Satan!" I know it probably has nothing to do with Trump and I have never actually watched Dragon Ball at all, but I do know Satin becomes the president at some point
It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling dooooowwwwn

It was a 30 second joke since the end of season 2.
They're just probably mellowing out from old age.
I remember when college humor did rape jokes.

Where have you been?
No he doesn't. The joke is literally just the same as in the original show/manga - they're cheering for a man named Satan.
I mean that's what happened right before the Cell Games in DBZ, they just work with the footage they got.

but isn't it the point to cut out the fat and get to the important parts with the abridged series?

the whole -ist meme should've died when women got a right to vote.

Well, the only thing I despited of this episode is the stupid 'Mr. Popo and Dende are the most badass characters'. It got really really old.

The rest was just slightly boring, but the A16 backstory was fun.

That more describes DBZ Kai. The Abridged series is just a Gag Dub that condenses its source material. They cut out or include content to fit the jokes they have for the series (like how they treated the entire Garlic Jr. Arc).

Yeah by this point DBZA is closer to Ghost Stories than YGOTAS.

I really liked it, but then I am a huge slut for anything dragon ball related, so I'm a little biased.

I will agree the Cell Saga hasn't been good as the Freiza Saga though. No Guru/Nappa character to take the piss out of things, I believe the arc is a lot better when you watch the episdoes back to back rather than waiting months for anything to happen.

The movies are still great though. Super Android 13 was awesome, and so was the World' Strongest till they fucked up the ending. I'm actually worried they will try to do the same with Broly, since they despise the character so much.

I'd say to expect a lot of "Broly Smash" jokes. But Broly got way to fucking much attention. Too bad I notice I come out as a hipster with other fanboy faggots thinking the same thing.

Hercule will probably fill this role (DBZ fans thought he was hilarious and they quoted every thing he said)

Wait the backstory on android 16 was that he was a real solider and son of Genro that was killed by Kid Goku during the red ribbon saga? You know where I can find the source to this?

Dragonball Wikia. Dragonball Heroes. Xenoverse. Hints in original Manga. The Lore books.

I WANT Holla Forums TO LEAVE

The part about him being killed by Goku was just made up - he was actually just shot by some enemy in battle.

There's nothing Holla Forums about that post, unless you're triggered by "faggot" and/or "Jap".

Except Ghost Stories got better as it went.

Trump won and Castro is dead, cry more Holla Forums.

go poz your neghole

I want shitstirring retards to leave.
There was nothing Holla Forums about that post, faggot

You have a point but the least I can ask for is a lack of defending how shit it is. You seem to be attracting tumblr/redditites who get offended at the word 'fag.'

The wikia constantly gives false information(Videl's page still claims that her mom 'left' when Videl in the manga and anime blatantly say she died for instance), Xenoverse and Heroes aren't canon, and the lore books are made up shit that claim Tien is a special race of human named Triclops who are born with three eyes while Toriyama is on-record as stating he meditated to earn it but can't harness all its power because of Crane's negative influence on him.

16 is Gero's dead son, that's all we know.

kanzenshuu.com/translations/db-full-color-artificial-humans-cell-arc-03/

This is all we know. Also what the hell are you talking about lore books? There's stuff like the Daizenshuu or the Shenlong Times which had additional info answered. But there aren't any dedicated "lore" books.

With exception to his prime directive being to kill Goku, which when you think about it makes the TFS version a little better from a certain perspective.

I'm usually more on the sid eof word-of-god but this is the guy who only gave us this info 20 years later and also while making Bardock canon decided to just have Goku's origins be identical to Superman's.

Bardock was in the comic before Dragon Ball Minus. It's a shot from the Bardock special around the time Goku meets Freeza.

Shit, you're right. Still my point was I find it pretty shitty he'd just copy and paste Superman's origin like that.

Oolong makes a comment about how Goku might be an alien after he transforms so maybe he had the idea in his head from the beginning.

The problem isn't Goku's an alien it's that his origin is identical now.

While his leaving planet Vegeta was always an aspect of his alien origins the difference was his being sent there to destroy or enslave it.

Goku wasn't sent away for his safety.

What the fuck does it matter if it's similar to Superman's origin story? So's Kami/Piccolo's origin story, and that came out far before Goku's did.
The rest of their stories are different enough that it's not even a rip-off. Calm your balls, you're saying you prefer TFS to Toriyama, because some of the origin story of Goku is somewhat like Superman's. Do you know how fucking stupid that is? You're saying you prefer the SJWs who can't into humor and are mainly just blatantly ripping off the series but with more swears while getting paid for it, are better than Toriyama, because of a slight resemblance.

nice retcon there.

Only in so far as it makes more sense for 16's bloodlust for Goku if Gero programmed him that way because those were the circumstances for his death. The actual execution of that in the episode was fairly cringey and felt overly sympathtic in a way only a fanfiction author could accomplish.

It was similar before and was fine then but Toriyama has the same problem as J.K. Rowling and now we have a story that's practically beat for beat the same.

Even then, why would you prefer TFS's version? That itself sounds cringey as hell. Gero missed his son so he used his image to create his machine that's meant to destroy Goku, but made him gentle so that he wouldn't end up fighting to the death and destroying himself, or get into fights beyond the fight with Goku. It makes sense. Adding that 16 was killed by Goku doesn't add any more sense for why Gero would do what he did. It was pointless.

Also how the fuck is it "practically beat for beat the same"? The only thing that's the same is the general idea of getting Goku off the planet before the planet is destroyed, and then being found as a baby. Nothing else about the origin story is the same. Bardock only had a feeling and planned to bring him back if he was wrong, they didn't actually make a spaceship but just stole the pod, and the means of Krypton being destroyed is completely, completely different.

Actually, Minus is a better canon than Bardock's original movie. It makes the Saiyans into more than just evil people and so it makes more sense for Vegeta to eventually change without the bump on his head that Goku got. They have culture and love is rare but possible between Saiyans, and weak Saiyans can find their place in society by working in butcher shops like Gine does. It clarifies why Raditz knew Goku was his brother and knew their 'parents' and it also cast out the stupid shit from the movies where all the Saiyans were fucking idiots who didn't believe that the evil ruler who was scared of all of them would actually try to eliminate them. None of them trusted Frieza, they just didn't think that he'd go to the extent that he did, unlike in the movie, where they blindly trusted him.

This is actually something I see with a lot of Toriyama's work versus the movies. Faggots always like the movies better because of the fights and flashiness, but if there's anything Toriyama does well, it's worldbuilding. History of Trunks is a good example of it. Trunks can already go SS, Gohan is already missing his arm, and it's clarified that everyone is living underground so they're not caught and hardly anyone goes above ground unless for food and supplies. There's no retarded scenes like Bulma riding in her sports car in the middle of the open desert without being scared that she'll run into the androids.

Is it necessarily a retcon? As far as the manga is concerned, it fits in. The only difference is that Goku's more of a toddler than a baby and is labeled as being three, but that might just be the style considering he doesn't act like a toddler (cries and can't speak, isn't even shown to stand), and the years on Planet Vegeta being shorter than the years on Earth. Bulma's five during this period and I'd think the editor would point this inconsistency out to Toriyama, so I'd go with that excuse.

Seems familiar.

No

His design was inspired by Gero's dead son

Yeah, semantics. My excuse was that I was typing it on mobile.

Because if Goku was the one responsible for killing Gero's son, indirectly or directly so, than it makes sense for him to program the android to kill Goku despite also programming him to be gentle.

If Raditz was so aware of their parents intentions than why did he assume Goku was there to destroy earth, that wasn't the reason Bardock and Gine stole the pod and sent him off. The shit about Bardock seeing the future was dumb, but at least that story maintained the fact Goku wasn't sent to Earth for sanctuary.

Bardock seems made entirely as a riff on Jor-El, with the future-vision added because Saiyans aren't very good scientists.

Nope. Minus makes Saiyans and Bardock far less interesting. Instead of Saiyans being a warrior race of brutes they're actually just a bunch of nice guys. So there's no reason for Goku to be an asshole to Grandpa Gohan before cracking his head open. It also makes Goku being a nice peaceful Saiyan from earth not be special. And it takes away from Goku taking Vegeta's words to heart and being proud of their fighting Saiyan culture.

It's also a much less interesting story for Bardock. Instead of some asshole who happens to go on a quest to try and save his people which is ultimately fruitless. Turns out he was just a nice guy. Shit.

The comic has a panel straight out of the Bardock special where Freeza recalls him when meeting Goku. His design and Freeza's line are meant to give the implication that the Bardock special happened.

Toriyama's best summed up why the Bardock special is so good. It's a great self contained story that he would never do in a million years.

What do you mean by that? Bardock was a brilliant scientist who invented the power ball

No, it doesn't make sense. It makes less sense. Do you not know Gero's backstory? Are you one of those DBZ-only faggots?
If Gero's son had been killed by Goku, he'd be angry enough that he wouldn't have made 16 gentle. He's crazy enough that he would have really made him a killing machine.
The reason why Gero programmed him, 18, and 17 to kill Goku was specifically because Goku destroyed Gero's livelyhood, his previous androids (aside from Hacchan, who he made turn against the RR), and the entirety of the Red Ribbon Army. Did you not know about that?

Also I didn't say that Raditz was aware of his intentions. He had no way of knowing. He was on a distant planet and Gine and Bardock did not use scouters so Frieza wouldn't hear them. He got Goku to go to Earth on the guise of him being one of the babies that get sent out on missions. You didn't actually read Minus, did you? Gine even yells at him that the missions babies get sent on are 'too dangerous!!' before Bardock explains his plan in its entirety.
The important part is that Raditz mentioned Goku's parents to begin with. The movies explained that the Saiyans don't really know their parents, and that the Saiyans are not close enough to have a relationship with a mate. Minus explained why Raditz would speak about his and Goku's parents being killed as if it were a thing to be upset over.

I'll give you some pics, since you don't actually know what you're thinking of. First and second pics are Raditz talking to Goku about his past and their parents being killed. Third pic is Gine yelling at Bardock about sending Goku away.

How come none of you faggots have actually gone and given us a run-down of how much of a rip-off the entire origin story is beside the general idea of a baby being sent to Earth before a planet is destroyed? If anything it's a call-back, not a rip-off. Also the future-vision is only in the movie, and the movie is what's argued as NOT having the Superman origin story, you dumb faggot.

Do you also think that vikings were nice guys because they happened to have culture, too? Culture does not make them 'nice guys,' it just adds depth and makes them more than hurr durr stupid barbarians who can't even realize that the evil dictator that rules all of them and is known to be terrified of their ability would possibly want to destroy them.

Thought it was good. Except for Dende. His jokes are all pretty played out at this point, and hitting Krillin is just going to make him immediately unlikable except to faggots.

If anything, 16 turning out gentle was probably an accident. Much like 8, I think 16 is what happens when you make an android from scratch with just one mission; outside of wanting to kill Goku, 16 doesn't have malice against anything.

17 and 18 on the other hand are what happens when you use a couple of teenagers and drive them insane and give them incredible power, especially in Trunks' timeline.

The movie establishes that Bardock is pretty different from most Saiyans, iirc, smarter to start with, and in more control of his power.

And mostly they have old-fashioned selective empathy, I wager; committing genocide against filthy xenos primitives is just another day at the office, but you care about your family, at least as much as society allows. When your kids can pretty much fend for themselves even as infants, it probably makes child care a lot less stressful.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

remember when Tien could grow 4 arms or Piccolo could get really big?

At least in Married with Children, Al Bundy is entertaining…DBZ Abridged stopped being good around Frieza arc.

Dude, we can make a whole thread of "Remember when character X can do ability Y?" And it's not just shonen anime being guilty of pulling that shit. Remember when Superman can shoot mini-Superman from his eyes/fingers?

We are recounting silly ;^)

woooooow. This is Holla Forums. y'know. Holla Forums. Grow up.

"M-Muh conspiracy theories" seriously. Grow up.

Holla Forums ON SUICIDE WATCH SINCE RECOUNT

Drump lossssssss ho ho ho

Superman at least has the excuse of going on for nearly a century and having dozens of writers. Toriyama forgets shit in a week.

Wrong. Superman is literally capitalism.

And also it's the Silver Age…where everyone gets new powers every single issue. And Jimmy Olsen gets constantly screwed.

Silver Age was Spooks.

Spooks?

Social Constructs .Learn Stirner *sigh* plebian….

Oh…I thought you meant Spooks as in Spies.

If I were Raditz I would too be a sored asshole because my parents didn't love me.

For fuck's sake Toriyama, bring back Raditz!

Silly user, Raditz lived on…as SS3 Goku.

Fuck you and fuck this world.

You know, I never believe that Saiyans are evil…they are more militaristic but not evil. And since we do see some Saiyans working with Frieza, I'd say that the Saiyans are on Frieza's payroll as mercs and the dumping of Goku thing is more Spartan-like behavior (I think. I'm a bit rusty on my Ancient Greek history here)

Apart from that whole "blowing up inhabited planets" thing.

They were the forcible employees of an aggressive space realtor, and business like that just goes south sometimes. Don't pin it on the monkeys, guy.

Don't my feelings count for
anything? Oh, only the poor monkey's important. Everything has to be done for
the monkey!

Dude..you blew planets for funsies.

You only killed them because you were afraid that they would usurp your role as top dog of the galactic food chain

You've killed billions of lifeforms! What about their feelings?!

You are just butthurt about your brother.