Is the proletariat revolution ever going to happen at all?

Today I had an realization, Holla Forums. The proletariat wil probablyl never rise and we are doomed to spiral further and further into peonage. With the onset of the mass automatization in the next 40 years, we will witness the destruction of the proletariat. Some signs of the apocalypse:

And when the automatization reaches its conclusion around 2100, the genetically enhanced elites will just genocide us like vermin, since we're of no use anymore. Ever since the beginning of time, the elites needed the "proletariat" to work for them. But with that function gone, for the first time in history, they won't need us anymore and we won't even be able to resist, since you can't fight a genetically engineered virus or a spam of drones.

Is the situation even salvagable anymore? Can we prevent this in the ~30 years we have

No. The only hope would be for the change over to communism come from a coup of some sort with insiders of the system taking power.

You need an AP OP.

By whom. The only organisation with enough power to coup the government is the military and they are predominantly right-wing.

???

Anti-Pyschotic

Yeah, everything will be just ok. I'm sure the piggies will just step down and give power to the people any time now. Automatization and mass dependancy on the capitalist state won't doom us, no way.

The masses are getting all the circus they want but they're losing their bread. Hence we're ending up with "homeless people with iphones". And it's not enough.

I'm sure that porky's manage to fuck this all up somehow. They have remarkable talents in fucking things up for fast profit.

Hardly. With basic income being around the corner, a good 2/3 of the population will be bounded in a ideologically sedated state, just like how blacks are currently bounded by welfare to vote for whomever the democrats want, perpetuating the dependancy.

I hope so. But automatization is becoming more and more evident every day. Last month, 10 of the 14 people in the accounting department of my firm was laid off, because they were replaced by a computer interface that does their work 1000x faster.

UBI is unlikely to come around. And I seriously want you to take a look. People in the first world are pissed as hell and things haven't even gotten that bad yet. All that's happened is most of the promises and dreams turned out to be mere illusions. What's going to happen when things actually start taking the plunge?

Also, I want you to look at the black community. Bounded by welfare they may be, how many of them are still out there rioting? It's not enough., It's not nearly enough to keep people sedate.

Look how pissed off Berniebros are. They've been getting violent over the way the election's been handled. When was the last time that happened, seriously?

I'm not really sure if machines really do have the potential to eat up 70% of our jobs but the point is irrelevant anyway because such a scenario would be counteracted by reform. There could be a population of UBI slaves but strong legislation that makes it difficult for firms to lay people off would be more important. The end result of such a situation would be that plutocrats can no longer hide the fact that their firms have always been state entities. Corporate power will become more centralised and absolute, capitalist states will resemble the Brezhnev-era USSR. This would still be a form of liberalism because the sole goal if liberalism is to enrich the bourgeoisie, but it's a more honest form of it.

The genocide part of your post is sci-fi shit.

Not as pissed as in the 30s and nothing happened.

Why would they? The west is as it has been in the last 100 years: demagouge after demagouge, circus after circus. If anything, 30s America had an incredibly bigger chance of a revolution than now.

The only thing that endangers the 1st world would be the depletion of resources:
Oil: by the time it starts to run out around 2060, we'll have usable fusion and enough renewables to cover most of the energy needs.
Rare earth elements: compulsory recycling, building to last etc.

They do riot, but only a small part of them do, and even smaller part know why they riot at all. To my observation, many blacks abuse the blight of the community to loot. Just look how many black businesses were destroyed in the Ferguson riots by thugs who didn't care about Michael Brown at all.

Look how pissed off Berniebros are. They've been getting violent over the way the election's been handled. When was the last time that happened, seriously?
That's sadly mostly impotent rage, confined to the social networks. Hillary will win the elections and the general public will forget about Sanders in 2 minutes- that's unfortunately how things happen.

user pls.

They do, I've seen it. The white collar work will be all but destroyed in the next 40 years.

Why would the corporate lobby allow such legislations to be passed. And even if they are passed, porks will find a way.

That's my biggest concern. It will lead to immence wealt gap, beyond all expectations.

There will be, but it will begin to shrink, as piggies begin to rely on A.I. to manage, optimize and do the R&D for the corporations. After all, liberalism serves to bring out the intellectual and creative potential of the masses. When the need for this potential lessens, liberalism will also shrink. I won't be surprised if authorities pass a new "Enabling Act" in the 2030 after a major false flag, like a dirty bomb, and limit civil liberties to protect us from """terrorism"""

Meh, maybe. But it's 100% certain that the rich will be the first to jump on the eugenics train in the 2020s and 30s. and their offspring will be the definition of narcissism because of that. Who knows what a genetically engineered porky would do when he sees other as "subhumans"-physically and mentally.

Now I know why Lenin became such an elitist.

He has some point, though. Only, instead of capital, we'll have to struggle against genetically enhanced porks with autonomous drone police and armies.

Bread and circuses. People never wanted to become sheep, but they did anyways-sometimes you have to free someone who doesn't want to be freed.

Fusion by 2060? LMAO. I'll eat my own testicles if that happens to the scale you're proposing. ITER took eleven years to build and is not expected to start fusing deuterium until 2027. In all likelihood that means DEMO, the successor plant to ITER which is intended to work as a power station will not start operations until 2037 at the earliest. Even if the private sector then IMMEDIATELY jumps on the bandwagon, the first commercial fusion reactors aren't likely to then reach completion until 2047.

It's transparently obvious what the medium term plan is for industrialized nations (bar France and their reactors): dig up all the coal that suddenly became economically viable again, burn or liquefy it and bugger the consequences.

Unless the bourgeoisie can find a way to keep growing while reducing the working class to less productive slaves, then, yes, it will.

Modifications will introduce new defects as well as new enhancements. Porky can be eight foot tall with superhuman strength and increased intelligence if he likes, driving all that extra tissue is a liability in a famine.

Robots can be reprogrammed and re-purposed.

that's not leftcomism tho, it's just user being depressed.
Leftcoms generally don't have such a pessimist attitude towards the revolution (except Camatte, but he's not really a leftcom anymore so there's that)

Please, stop. Your ignorance about how genetics is embarassing.

Take your pills comr8

tbh tokamaks need to be abandoned ASAP

it's a fucking dead end for fusion power.

Why?