I Failed To Adult Yesterday

Over the passed few months I've been trying to clean my act up. Fix up my apartment, got a job, making money. I've gone through the process *finally* to legitimately get… a driver's license. …In my early 30's.

I used to drive illegally, it was just never an issue until now. For the passed few years I haven't had a car or needed one. I went and took the written test some months back, failed it. Studied a little, took it again last week, barely passed. Set up an appointment for a test, it won't be for another month. So I found a local place that could test me for 50 bucks. I watched a ton of "how to pass the driving test" videos. I didn't sleep because I had to be there at 7 and that meant waking up my ride before 6 and I had work tonight until midnight.

And I was there right before seven, took the test… and immediately failed. I forgot how to fucking parallel park. I kept doing that jerky thing where you start and stop too quickly. I was too nervous. He told me I was wasting my money taking it now and I needed to practice.

Thing is I rushed it because there was a trip I needed to take before the 15th, and now I don't see how I can possibly do it unless I can take the test tomorrow and pass it.

There isn't any course I can take that'll help me pass in a day is there? No advice that'll make it easier for me? I feel like such a dweeb.

hi reddit

lol what are you, gay?

Do you know anyone who'd let you practice with their car? That's what most people do.

Keep up the good work, user. Don't let yourself get discouraged by these setbacks.

Btw, it's "past" in the context of "for the past few years".

how come you never practiced parallel parking? are you retarded? where's the car you used to drive? use it or use an available car to practice. youtubes won't make you pass. practice.
????

Next time, try life with literacy. You will get farther, faster, and maybe even understand driving manuals enough to figure out how to simple shit like park a goddamn car and communicate effectively in writing.
Seriously, user, if you are 30 and can't do either of those things, the only trip you could possibly take that would be of any benefit to anyone is over the side of a cliff, and you don't need a car for that.

Are you new, or are you just being dicks? That's pretty run-of-the-mill chan dialect.

yes, on reddit

Not op, but something tells me you're in no position to be ridiculing someone for their life decisions.

I did, it's just been like three years since I've driven a car. Let me recount.

I started driving when I was 14, got into a big car crash which gave me sciatica (which I only just recently overcame completely) and stopped trying to drive for years because I was afraid I'd crash again. Then around 18 I started running errands for my mom again, then I started running errands for a girl I was dating with her car for a couple years.

I used to practice parallel parking, but the reality is I never needed to do it outside of practice. I got it down perfectly when I used to drive, but I had to go out of my way to do it, so I fell out of practice.

I lived in total isolation for years, got rides whenever I absolutely needed one, and otherwise just ordered everything off the internet or walked everywhere. Honestly I really enjoyed that it forced me to walk places.

please don't use the adult term user, it hurts us. anyway, i got a DUI awhile ago and the process for getting a restricted license is just a pain in the ass. the federal/medical jew also charges you for "monitoring fees" and other nonsense, plus you have to pay to have an ignition interlock (breathalyzer) installed in your car. I said fuck that. I've just been driving illegally. so long as you aren't a jackass driver and you keep your plates/inspection up to date you should be good. granted if i ever get pulled over or get in an accident i'm going to jail lol

tl;dr driving illegally is fine as long as you are smart about it

It's common on imageboards as well. Stop being an Internet hipster.

I know, I used to drive illegally, but I wanted to drive basically across the country. There is at least one guaranteed stop where they check your license along the way. Also, they kind of screwed me over at the DPS. Once they gave me the printed out permit, they took my state ID, and that thing was a pain in the ass to renew a year ago. Once my permit expires I'll go back to having no ID at all.

Being an adult is overrated as fuck though. You lose most of your friends, you have bills to pay, you have responsibilities such as cleaning your own toilet, washing your clothes, doing your own dishes and lastly you have to act in a certain way that makes you appear mature, which is a facade in its own right.

I miss the simplicity of being a child, I miss being able to take a nap whenever the fuck I want. I miss dare I say it school, I miss my old friends and most of all I miss my fucking childhood.

Call me a faggot all you like but you niggers know I'm right.

t. whatever the fuck I am right now

sorry faggot. my 35 y/o tumblr landlord uses that term. i also saw crindge inducing mugs at walmart carrying the term. either you're an honest-to-eight, ban-fearing user who's been rused… or you need to go back.

I've gone north/south along the east coast but never west. On my trips i'd use alternate routes and drive through towns. I always take the first exist I see if there is a cop driving near me. If you want to go full road warrior, make sure there is someone going equally fast at least 50 feet behind you. Then they get pulled over lol. Haven't really seen any "random stop" fuckery here. Your chances of getting that shit in 1 day are slim so i'd start thinking about this shit.

Amtrak trains are nice too. They serve liquor.

t. manchild

well, you do

accurate was thinking of signing off with it but I'll let someone have a (You). Good job user.

You're not fooling anyone user because we're on the same boat when it comes to losing friends.>>7283226

okay here's a (You)

Not that
To be fair i lost all of my friends after i left highschool so the closest thing i've got is my dad who calls sometimes stop fooling yourself everyone loses someone

Is this the manchild manifesto?

It would most likely be more satisfying if you weren't a loser. I'm not judging, I could say the same for myself.

So you're saying you don't have a slight urge to restart your life or relive your childhood. Don't kid yourself fellow loser, like I said you're not fooling anyone because we're on the same boat. You're a misfit/outcast like other people on this board yet you choose build this facade that makes other believe that you aren't. Wake the up user and stop trying to kid yourself.

cute

If I magically went back to my childhood somehow, I'd probably kill myself. My childhood was great and all, but I want to move forward. Sounds sad, to be honest.

I'm not kidding myself at all. I'd actually be surprised if there were a bigger loser on this board. There are definitely bigger idiots and more unsavory characters, but I'm all but convinced I'm the biggest loser. As for being a misfit, I'm actually socially adept but have chosen to isolate myself over the course of many years.

Would I like to be a kid again? Not really, my childhood wasn't the greatest.

OP here, let me just say being an adult has some benefits. Increasing your status makes you more attractive to women in general, and it's nice to be a contributing member of society. I've really gotten a kick out of being able to say to people "Oh, I can't make it to that, I'm working then." or "My job has me working weird hours and it's effecting my sleep." I find myself frequently respected by total strangers and just in general trusted more. Little things like walking into a crowded DMV and women offering me the empty seat next to them.

And honestly, it's a vicious cycle. The job has dramatically opened up my options financially. Part of the reason I went so long without a car was because I couldn't afford one. Now that I can afford one, no one will sell or rent me one unless I have a license. It's been nice to just be able to go on eBay and say "Oh, that frivolous $300 item I've wanted for years? That's no big deal." "Oh, that item I got for 20 bucks broke while I was at work? Eh, I think I threw away the receipt, I'd rather just eat the cost to replace it than go through the hassle of getting them to accept an exchange."

Heh, well that sucks.

My childhood wasn't the greatest either but I'd still go back. I wasn't the most energetic/ outgoing child but there were plenty of great moments worth reliving and that sweet sweet teen pussy

Its all fine and dandy when you're making all this money and are a contributing member of society but then you realize that you're going to be working for 'basically' the rest of your life. Which fucking sucks might I add.

See, I'm a loser, but I'm relatively content in my loserness. I suppose a better word to describe myself would be underachiever. I'm not saying I'm some kind of genius, but I'm smart and relatively good looking–which actually makes my situation even more pathetic.

Not

To be fair i lost all of my friends after i left highschool so the closest thing i've got is my dad who calls sometimes stop fooling yourself everyone loses someone

All of the manchildren in this thread need to see this film; it'll either make you laugh hysterically or cry.

I take it you've seen this film 10 times then

I've seen it once. Everyone should see this film, it's great. If you've seen Happiness, it's the same director and a very similar style.

Not sure why this was at me