What's Wrong With the Animation Industry?

And how do we fix it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration
plagiarismtoday.com/2011/10/10/how-a-copyright-mistake-created-the-modern-zombie/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/report-anime-industry-up-12-percent-in-2015/.107055
deadline.com/2016/12/viacom-entertainment-music-group-president-doug-herzog-exit-1201874583/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rebuild it from the ground up when California is destroyed in the earthquake they're overdue for.

Hipsters
Big wigs afraid to try new ideas and IPs
2D animation is expensive
Heavy emphasis on degrees when art colleges don't teach talent or even basic shit
Same with writers, can't teach talent
Aforementioned hipsters use shows to push an agenda
Merchbait
Connections get shitty cartoons made

We can fix this if (((you))) actually go out and try do to this, most talented people are animating as peons though. All the hacks are producing as ideas guys. I dunno really know how to fix it unless a crash or something like that changes the industry.
I want to writefag for serious but everyone is a writefag.

Maybe you can try it on dailymotion, vimeo or some film festival or something? I think the internet will play a bigger role in access to cartoons. I don't think working for CN or Nickolodeon seems like a good idea now.

Allow for the funding of more animated self contained "miniseries" that just last a single season and have a dedicated beginning, middle, end that are well written and lots of foreshadowing/rewatch bonuses.

Compared to the standard model of trying to milk as many seasons from a successful (non-story arc show) as you can until it dies.

Go back to Holla Forums, retard.

Go back to tumblr, cuck.

fuck off retards we are having a nice conversation here

No, I agree. user had a good point and said absolutely nothing related to Holla Forums, unless they're a tumblrite that gets asshurt over hipster animators pushing their SJW agenda.

Oops, I meant asshurt over people saying that hipster animators are pushing their SJW agenda. Worded that awkwardly.

Here's the one picture about art schools everyone posts in threads like this as a way to make up for my retarded mistake.

Do you also have that post where famous animators in the industry say they were never asked for their degree when they were getting hired?

The executives realized they could make more money by churning out relatively cheap garbage to trick children and their parents into watching them.

By not being a jaded prick and enjoy the things that are good and let the terrible things fade into obscurity. Separate fandom influence from the show. The drastic measure is being part of that industry and changing it from within.

they want easy to diggest, cheap to produce shows

thats all

Here's the thing, the networks and major studios have too much market share for good content to manifest, and the good content that does get financed by them get fucked over by executives. And everyone else who isn't willing to sell-out their creativity gets minimal financial support or media coverage.

Every fan who is sick to death of these dilettantes who obviously don't and never have read comics, and display their utter contempt for the fans, the professionals, and the characters in every page, having taken over the industry and seem intent on running it into the ground, should realise that we are the cure.

The cure for hostile indifference is passion. Stop circle-jerking, writing fanfic and dicking around on Deviantart and submit to the Big Two, GET GUD and keep applying until you get published. Standards for artists and writers have never been lower, the average deviantartist and fanfic writer can run circles around these apathetic Calarts cucks and SJW Tumblrinas. If we want to take back what's ours from the shills, we have to stop passively drinking the piss they give us and force them back out of an industry they have no empathy for and have no business being in.

We have to displace the Dire Wraiths who have infiltrated comics. We have to Occupy Marvel. We have to remove Leth, Simone and Bendis. Traditionally the fans have always turned pro and continued the tradition of creating in the spirit of the works they loved as fans, but the chain has been broken by these interlopers who have forced good art and good stories out by undercutting the good artists and writers. We have to rebuild the House Of Ideas, and remind people what a real goddamn comic book is.

MAKE COMICS GREAT AGAIN.

user I am 100% behind you on that. But you know what the actual problem is? That takes hard work and for most people it's easier to just sit around on the computer bitching about things that upset them. This shit goes both ways to SJWs and non-SJWs, they both fuckin do it even in the capacity of comics where it's actually much damn easier to steer the course of things.

Issue is by an artist or writer who you know sucks? Don't buy it, don't read it, no one is forcing you to add the fuel to the fire. You know the arc sucks then why keep getting invested if you know it's being driven into the ground?

Hate the way a current comic universe or story is going? Even considered making your own? In this day and age it's ten times easier to find an artist or writer to team-up with to make a comic be it for profit or not. There's tons of assets that make this 20 times easier.

But it all comes down to yourself and your own motivation.

This board is already filled with people doing exactly this. There are entire threads dedicated to this. What people are complaining about is the fucked hiring mentality which prioritizes connections over skill/talent that is killing the industry.

We can't fix it (the only thing we can do is crowdfund things we like)

Whatever normo wants, normo gets

ban american and canadian animation syndication for 10 years

in 10 years they have to prepare to compete with japanese and french animators

yes, and you're all a bunch of talentless hack frauds, just like /agdg/ """game making""", they haven't made a single fucking game.

given though, that making games is exponentially harder than making comicbooks. because on top of art direction you need sound and coding. i still wonder why there isn't a Holla Forums comic book if "so many people here are doing it".

People post their scripts in writing threads, there are at least a few professional level drawfags, and few faggots here have their own webcomics. Things just take time, and some people will temporarily or permanently give up on their projects. Our population is smaller than Holla Forums's as well, so you end up with less creative types that will follow up with their projects.

I have been working on my things, but since I am a perfectionist faggot, things are rarely good enough. Things are going slow because making comics are just one of side hobbies, and my career eats up a good chunk of available time.

So, just like the professional comic creators? It doesn't take much to meet or surpass standards of current comic book industry. If crap like Raven the Pirate Princess and Bomb Queen makes the cut, everyone is capable of putting out a comic.

man you're salty, did someone refuse to turn your furry vore thing into a game?

Streaming is the future

We should do more action cartoons.

i got u fam

MONEY
Is what's wrong with the industry. As every decision, from the boardroom to the studio to even the overseas Korean studios, is calculated to some degree to offset risk and maximize profit. It is why networks are quick to milk any hit they stumble upon. It influences the kind of pilots that studios invest in pitching to said networks. It determines whether the networks decides to play Russian Roulette with a show's timeslot and episode order to maximize viewership. You get the idea: the industry's main concern is making money. Quality work is a side benefit.

What can we do to change this? Hope for the best and manage expectations. Brainstorming solutions is pointless unless you happen to work in the industry. And frankly, the "tear it down" mentality is just straight-up vindictive.

I'd argue that the future isn't streaming per se, but rather content exclusive to certain sites. I just see it as another front for a bidding war over content, which doesn't necessarily guarantee innovation.

Taking the initiative to produce something that represents an imageboard is risky, to put it simply. It's just not worth the effort for most people.

GOVERNMENT CENSORSHIP

Face it, lolbertarians - no one was forcing animation companies to become SJW, they did it out of their own volition, because either their shareholders thought it was profitable, or it is actually profitable to be SJW.

What does that have to do with libertarians? Nobody said anything about government censorship.

No, I'm saying that we need government censorship to save animation industry. Especially now that we have our guy in the office.

So how do we convince Trump to make US animation great again? Have Barron watch a couple of today's cartoons and tell his dad they're shit and he'll do something about it?

Censorship my ass.
If anything, the united states needs a cultural shift when it comes to their perception of animation, While anime is seen in a different light as American animation, it's still considered quite niche, and many parents of children still see American animation as something for children. It also doesn't help that many contemporary creators are fucking degenerates. We need a new blood of talented, mature, creators with enough self awareness to not take themselves too seriously.

Oh, and good fucking cartoons. but that's asking too much.

Much appreciated.

We need a new WPA, putting creative Americans to work beautifying and glorifying their country through art.

You mean this? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration

Best Holla Forums doesn't do community projects since they attract autistic faggots like you.

That shit is still going?

you call me autistic while posting a picture of daffy duck as a stand user?

are you for fucking real right now? thats sonichu tier autism.
ironic autism is still autism.

it doesn't have to represent the imageboard per se, it just has to be made by Holla Forums.

point taken you forgot Squirrel girl. So, what is Holla Forums waiting for?

this salty shit is the new "git gud" meme

This explain why the Goldenage cartoons felt very national. It's needs to come back.

If you mean WW2 era cartoons I can see that. Though I'm not sure that will happen today due to people not being as nationalist.

While I agree with second user, what you two describe is a symptom of the problem. And as long as said problem persists, American animation, if not all animation will never reach its full potential.

For many decades, Disney has lobbied the US government to extend their copyright over Mickey Mouse. It's now up to the creator's lifetime plus 70 years. However, it's big business not the creators who hold the rights to their ideas. This wasn't a problem when companies actually had to create good content to launch their businesses and gain a reputation (Such as with animation in the early 2000s). But after they amassed so much profit, they became complacent from no true competition, and the executives realized they could ride off of the name recognition alone from their most famous and well-respected IPs. The mentality spread to gaming and Hollywood, where franchise zombies like Call of Duty, Transformers, and almost every other video game and film franchise were being created, but without little thought or quality invested in the creative process.

The animation Industry is different. There's still the stereotypical mentality "It's just for kids" going about. And that combined with executive complacency led to what was left of the good creators with amazing but expensive visions for their cartoons being fucked over and replaced with mundane cheap bullshit like Clarence, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears that do nothing with their animation and are allowed to push marxist agendas onto children, leading to where we are today.

Now how do we fix it? We need to abolish copyright. A radical notion, I know. But if you look into the history of how it came into being, you'll find that it was the major publishers, not artists who lobbied the government to enact the law centuries ago under the false pretence of protecting "creator's rights". All it does is create a monopoly, and as we've seen countless times, monopolies lead to less efficiency, lower quality goods and services and an overall detrimental effect to the consumers, as seen with the franchise zombies. Then, we need to move the networks to the Internet, TV is a dying and archaic medium, and that has led to networks playing favourites while sidelining content people actually enjoy. Lastly, Let other people create and build upon great ideas while getting compensated. That already happens now, minus financial compensation. That'll incentivise executives to foster great environments for creators to thrive by giving them high budgets and minimal executive meddling. Because should they fuck with the creators and the creative process, they'll simply go to their competitors, and their shittiness will be exposed in the media, and they'll lose creators and customers.

And you might say when everyone's remixing everything, no original work will get made. Well, if a company passes on an original idea, some other company might and they'll profit off of millions from their work. So it would be a huge risk for them to pass on original ideas. But what about plagiarism? That'll also be exposed in the media, if a company was caught selling bootleg versions of their competitors' works, they'll be exposed in the media, which is financial suicide. If people on Deviantart can tell the most obscure pictures you posted weren't made by you, then its guaranteed that a company would be caught plagiarising.

Agree with you user though do you think the destruction of copyright will speed up a cultural shift? Personally I want to see more action shows but the most we get now in America is TMNT and the Voltron show. And the upcoming Young Justice show.

nice try commie

I don't think so

Just checked halfchan, they're on part 7 now.

You need to go back.

Exactly. Put the people to work and create culture while we're at it!

Have fun in your copyright-free utopia where corporations steal all your creations and make millions off of them without the slightest edit, without you seeing a penny.

Contain your jojo autism in the containment thread.

Absolutely. Every network would would want to attract original creators with the most unique visions for their work to have a competitive edge and also so that they don't work for their competitors. this means listening to them to provide their needs like high budgets and refraining from tampering with the creative process. So expect to see a treasure trove of a variety of unique content, especially action shows, and a near absence of the kind of mundane bullshit we have now.

That sounds beautiful. I hope it comes true one day.

I'd tell you to contain your copyright autism to your containment thread, but I'm guessing that it finally died after you constantly trying to bump it.
Also, stop being triggered by embeds of Jojo. And eat shit and fall off your horse while you're at it.

So I'm a marxist for opposing a corporatist regulation lobbied by Disney to ensure their monopoly?

Did you not read my original post?

Faggot, this happens TODAY and no one cares. American Eagle constantly steals from smaller artists. The only way for the artist to get anything in return is a lawsuit. You get rid of copyright, they can't even have that.
You have WAY too much faith.

As opposed to sucking the dicks of Disney, EA and Hollywood as they rape their franchises for easy profit? How many shitty video games, movies and cartoons have you heard of in this decade alone? I'm guessing that number's high unless you have incredibly low standards. To compare cartoons people would know and enjoy to obscure articles of clothing is false equivalence. Besides, IP doesn't extend to fashion otherwise that industry would suffer from an artificial lack of originality as well.

The publishers, networks and major studios don't give a single fuck about making good content. All they care about is whether a large group of fanboys would be gullible enough to gravitate towards whatever whatever bullshit with names they care about, and since their the sole "owners" the businesses are guaranteed to have people to buy from them, especially when they hype up their products in false advertisement campaigns. That's a monopoly. And the moment you take away their IP name recognition strategy, they'll be incentivised to sink or swim. What part of that do you not understand?

The concern here is that the risk of exposure isn't a deterrent at all if plagiarism and derivatives are outright legal. Your "system" just paves the way for wannabe moguls and corporate giants to crowd the market with copycat products and run roughshod over the little guy who no longer has any reason to make anything new because oops it won't be his to control!

You really are a dumbass.
Copyright doesn't need to be removed, it needs to be reformed.

That's pretty short sighted. All it would do is lead to everyone using what's currently popular and end result would be market flooded with fanfiction.net tier material and people with more money screwing over creators with limited resources.

You are naive. Movie studios, publishers, TV stations, newspapers, news sites are all owned by a handful of corporations. They won't report on themselves (or ones that could fuck with them, like other large companies) and to make a profit will screw everyone who can't stand up to them.

Why? Networks could just rip off creator's ideas without any consequences. Good luck going against a multimillion dollar corporation.

Do you know what else is legal? Being a dick to everyone. It might be within the law to act that way, but you're unlikely to befriend anyone if they know you're an asshole. How many people would like a a black nationalist? There may be some, but the majority wouldn't associate with him because they don't want to face the consequences from their peers. Just because something is legal doesn't mean there aren't any consequences. And if you look around the internet, you'll find a growing culture of people who support the original release over pirated copies.

The first part's already happening. How many knock-off products and artistic works have you seen? But I doubt anyone of them have amassed an audience more than the original.

People were making art for its own sake long before IP existed. And they still do to this day. A majority of whom get compensated from commissions and other activities. So no, people won't stop making art just because people wouldn't be allowed to have monopolies over ideas. If corporations tried to ride off of name recognition alone, they would fail, as independent reviewers would evaluate them, and they wouldn't be worth the consumers' time and money. They would have to rely on said reviewers to help them decide which works are worth investing their time into.

Do you understand how copyright became law? It wasn't original creators and artists, it was major publishers who lobbied the government. Google it if you don't take my word. Also, as long as the government exists, Disney or some other big business will keep lobbying it to suit their interests. You can't reform it and keep it that way.

Also, I'm an Anarcho-Capitalist. So keep that in mind when you reply to me again.

That's a non-sequitur; individual artists would NEVER have the ability to lobby the government for anything, ESPECIALLY if they lived in a world where a major publisher could sell the fruits of their creative labor unimpeded

plagiarismtoday.com/2011/10/10/how-a-copyright-mistake-created-the-modern-zombie/

That's already happening without compensation. Networks without copyright would be very careful as to what creators they want to contract. If an idea is shit or isn't promising, they won't waste their time. They can't use name recognition because they don't have monopolies and independent reviewers would just critique them for consumers.

The media also comprises of independent journalists on YouTube and other websites. And even if a handful of corporations own most news websites, there'd always be ones who'll report on them. They can't buy off every single journalist you know.

Like they're doing now? You keep thinking in the context of an IP industry, take that away and the mindset of executives will change.

user is going to an extreme, but reducing a bit, say 20 years would make shit much better

>anarcho capitalism
Enjoy your cyberpunk totalitarian dystopia ruled by the same faggots you're fighting against, faggot. Capitalism wouldn't work in a anarchistic society, because the companies would become the government. Fuck, nothing would work in an anarchistic society, anarchy is incompatible with everything. Prove me wrong

Morality doesn't change depending on time. And like I said before, you can't reform copyright and keep it that way.

Did you get that from Bioshock? Because that was objectivism. Ryan was still in charge of security, and the principle of monopolies still reign. Also, saying Anarchism wouldn't work because Bioshock "proves" it doesn't work is like saying the candy industry won't work because its not like the chocolate factory from Willy Wonka.

Can you delegate a right you don't have to someone else, if not than it seems like government is illegitimate. Anarchy simply means no rulers. In it, everyone is allowed to pursue the voluntary system of cooperation without forcing it on other people through the state. That's the beauty of anarchy.

I represent All pedophiles, I am from POP (Protect Our Pedophiles) producing high quality pedophiles on the east coast.

More like anarchism wouldn't work in a capitalistic society.

If I ever quit being an electronic technician long enough to put out a comic you can bet your sweet ass I will do my best to distance it from Holla Forums. I can't even imagine how disastrous it would be if the usual comic book readers found out I was from, what they perceive as, a forum for skinhead terrorist hackers who stone women and molest children.

Capitalism is just voluntary trade between individuals. It works without state involvement. In fact, it works best without the involvement of the state. Just look at how Hong Kong and Singapore were transformed from hovels to major financial centers. Now capitalism is stifled because of their governments, at least Singapore's.

But enough about politics, let's get back to the main subject of this thread.

But politics are what drives the SJW creators of today's cartoons, user.

you should spend more time lurking faggot.
He posted the cuckchan "project" that started off semi coherent and went to shit FAST

Kek. It never was coherent; it started because of a forced meme between Book Revue Daffy and Zoot Suit Tom, and it only went downhill from there.

But that art was fucking FINE.
Do they even have any drawfags anymore?
Is the vidya shit still ongoing?
I want to know, but I do NOT want to open those threads again

The point of that was to show that copyright is a result of corporatism. Do you really think the corporations did it out of the good of their hearts for the artists? Or was it to secure monopolies of their own.

As for your second point, Romero was screwed over, but that was the past, and now we have the internet and better standards to ensure that artists get compensated. Also, copyright isn't required for artists to make money. How were they doing so long before that?

More importantly, zombies would never have become a staple of popular culture if it had been locked in the fist of copyright. We never would've had zombie movies, games and tv shows if copyright had been in place for that movie.

You want to get rid of them? Maximize competition and move the networks to the internet. Once the big 3 don't have a huge market share, networks looking to get established will look for unique original creators to give them competitive edges. Most of them wouldn't waste their time on marxists. Once that is done, SJW content will be a thing of the past.

I'm an infoanarchist, but that might just be the best argument for restrictive IP protection that I've heard

Explain

so
many
things
First lets list some reasons people aren't watching TV in general.

Then some reasons nobody is watching cartoons in particular

Why are kids not watching cartoons on TV then?

Why do most new cartoons fucking suck?

Why do so many cartoons seem to lack quality?

What is really the cause?
A lot of people believe in cultivation theory.
Because of that cartoons are made outrageously limited when what they should be is anime with more frames, less detail and a type of storytelling a western audience can better relate to.
But If cartoons are made kids and kids aren't watching than nobody is watching cartoons and that makes cartoons a bad investment.
The industry turns into a handful or TV shows and CGI movies.

Go back in time and kill the puritans.
I mean changing a culture is hard, but so far I think an online environment is at least more conducive than television.

The thing that surprises me is that there isn't this massive contingency of animatics online.
Storyboards with audio that run for 23 minutes of time.

Zombie games, series and movies are fucking cancer

I won't make excuses, you're entirely right about me and I'll take your criticism. I've been working on my technical skills, but I can't start projects for shit. I need to go past a small scale for once.

A lot of artists from the opposite clique are pretty lucky as they're surrounded with peers who encourage them and their ideals.

How much money can animation generate, anyway?

I think one thing people need to recognize about copyright is that regardless of where you stand on it ethically, it's simply not going to be around in the long run. File sharing over things like Tor and i2p are almost impossible to prevent without targeting the individual IRL, and more user-friendly methods will undoubtedly be available in the future. The only thing that can prevent the total dissolution of copyright in the distant future is internet monitoring on an absurd level. Since that is unlikely to happen, professional artists of any sort should be preparing for the future now, if they are smart.

bump

Trump would throw a shitfit if he knows about this assuming he hasn't already; he needs to make the unemployed and retired veterans get jobs of making in-house animation studies, while creating standards for animation to lessen and eventually eliminate the rampant socjus influence right now.

I doubt he would notice or care, besides, outside of theatrical, it would all be digital anyway

The anime industry was worth $18 billion in 2015.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/report-anime-industry-up-12-percent-in-2015/.107055

That's incredible!

Japan has copyright too. Therefore copyright can't be the problem.

Yes Japan has copyright. But the industry over there is centered around a different culture that promotes pro-creator environments. Despite that, it's not without its issues, for example, Anime being recycled and rehashed. I'm not saying there's no good ones, but it has its own problems that need to be addressed. Who knows? Perhaps without copyright, the dynamics will change in the anime industry. I can't say for sure.

My focus is on the American and European animation industries. The main business practices plaguing those regions are networks riding off of name recognition without investing any quality in their works and not adapting to the internet where television series are published like video games and movies instead of being aired multiple times, which causes disorder and favouritism.

A part of me wishes we had the same creator-oriented environment Japan does, but I'm unsure if it would help.

In other words, copyright is not the issue.

"Recycling and rehashing" is not necessarily a problem either.

They both are, and copyright is the reason why businesses like Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Disney, Marvel, and other companies alike ride off of brand recognition alone. Do you think they would be pumping out shitty sequel after shitty sequel if they didn't have a monopoly?

The animation industry is different. the networks instead are more concerned with selling advertisement space and toys, as they have contempt for the audience. So they make cheap products and reap what they can.

If you let people if not the original creators build upon works like Invader Zim, KND, Motorcity, Wander Over Yonder and so on. The networks will have to invest in quality works to compete or lose their market share.

If copyright is the issue then it should be an issue in Japan as well, but it isn't. So it can't be the issue.

This is exactly why cartoons have been in the shitter since 2007.

A major source of revenue for channels like Cartoon Network was the toy companies since they bought a lot of ads. This advertising revenue helped fund programs like Megas XLR, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, etc. But with the crash of the toy market, networks are finding themselves strapped for cash, which is why all of these hipster toons are flooding the market. They're cheap.

It's not. How cartoons are being financed is the real issue. We wouldn't be getting all of this regurgitation if studios were doing better economically.

In truth, I believe American media is in a great transitional period. The old ways are dead and gone. We're just waiting for the next big step forward.

Fixing animation is going to be harder than fixing comics.
Animation still needs a budget and a team, unless you're a cyborg from the future like Fred Perry.

I say as fans we should be kickstarting more good cartoons when we see them being crowdfunded, and as amateurs we should be banding together and making our own pilots as groups, little indie studios like there used to be in the peak of Newgrounds, like, um, those assholes who did Arfenhouse, like Misteroo.

Xombie could have taken off if they'd had crowdfunding back then. Same with Fallen Angel or Tail Chasers.
We can't depend on the networks picking up good cartoons, Korgoth and Eltingville proved that. We need more fans going amateur, more amateurs going pro, and more support from the fans to get the cartoons we want made, and explore new means of distribution and monetisation outside of the cucks at Adult Swim and Nickelodeon. We should be looking at Netflix and Youtube Red.

Our drawfags and writefags should be networking, to see who is in what area and who can donate the time and effort and skills and space for studios and make shit happen.

The shit coming out now is no fucking bad. The Simpsons and Beavis & Butthead and South Park were all supposed to look bad, ironically, but the shit we get now just makes me realise how much skill those assholes actually had. Now everything looks like Home Movies, but written like Mulligrubs. But feminist Mulligrubs.

Without some kind of Intellectual property law, it'd be 100 percent legal for a big company to reproduce an independent artist's content and sell the copies without a cent going to the content creator.

Exposure isn't a deterrent unless there's a real penalty. Even with a perfect (impossible) awareness campaign, people just stop buying and you move on to the next thing to legally wholesale copy.

At least with copyright involved copycats have to make things look original to avoid lawsuits.

Duration should sure as hell be trimmed, I think after 20 years all bets are off as to whose version is going to be best. I mean, it's not like Mighty No. 9 actually turned out to be the second coming of Megaman.

When the networks finally die, we'll at least stop having bland garbage forced on everyone, and great shows killed by moving them to bad time slots. If a streaming service has a better show, viewers can watch the better show. Maybe some would-be cult favorites will get their due recognition.

well shit, I wish I had gotten this earlier, I'm in a college art program now and I don't know what to do afterwards.

Hey, you can always drop out.

Wouldn't dropping out just put him into student debt?

Less debt is better than the accumulated debt altogether after graduating.

YouTube's already a bad place for indie animation though. The only people making money off of it are e-celebs putting out low-effort content that can be made quickly, which practically shuts out animators because that kind of output is impossible. YT Red might as well be Netflix for overpaid e-celebs.

Or cringeworthy crossovers or pre-school cartoons. Have you saw their viewcounts, they are a lot bigger then the E-celebs are putting out.

The way to fix it is to just do it yourself, and publish it online. Right now the television networks are hemorrhaging viewers every year, losing to online outlets like youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, and others. True you might not make as much money by doing it yourself or with others online as you would if you worked for a network, but in the long run if you and many others start doing more and more things online then it could lead to something of a short renaissance in animation, where artists are no longer bound by pesky network censors or standards and practices, they only have to create for an online audience.

Look at the guys involved in underground comics from yesteryear. They didn't make a lot of money, hell they probably lost money or were in debt initially, but they persevered and had a massive influence on future creators for years afterwards, with some of them having wildly successful careers later in life.

How far along in your program are you? If you are still in your first or second year I'd advise dropping out now.

What school do you go to? Show us the student gallery. It should be readily apparent whether you should stay or not depending on what kind of work they're willing to showcase. I've gotten much better over a short period simply going to >>>/loomis/ and 4chan.org/ic/ and taking advantage of the advice and resources there. I find it hard to believe going to a boutique art school is almost ever worth it. If you're gonna make it, you're gonna make it. If you're not gonna make it, you're not gonna make it.

That's not quite like copyright works. You can be inspired by, borrow elements from, pay homage, reference, and parody other works, but cannot blatantly copy them.

Yes. Problem with large companies like EA is that they want to make as much money as possible while minimizing the risks. They would either pump out sequels or rip other people off by stealing their ideas. Since they can't openly copy others, they keep buying competent devs that have interesting ideas and substantial fan following (Dice, Pandemic, Visceral, Black Box), and proceed to neuter their games for maximum appeal to increase profits at all costs, thus running studios and franchises into the ground.
Greed is what ruins shit for everyone. Stockholders and boards are not happy with guaranteed but steady, long term profits - they just want more money than last year, even if that means running company and IPs into the ground in the long term.
It's not limited to creative industries either. After Breyers was sold to Unilever, their ice cream went to shit, because new owners started to use cheap ingredients and substitutes, so that production costs could be cut to make more money per box. Now, stuff made by Breyer's is not legally allowed to be called ice cream, due to nonexistent milk and cream content. Their "frozen diary desserts" taste like dogshit today, but ten years ago Breyers ice cream used to be great.

Choose a job/career that provides liveable wage, you would enjoy at least somewhat, and is not borderline impossible to get hired in. Then find out what training is necessary to qualify, and do it. If you have no idea what to do, just select a degree that pretty much guarantees you a job, like mathematics, computer science, or nursing.

Your ex was a jew?

You missed the ebin (((jew))) brackets, didn't you?

Colombian.

They were making a point that people need to go out and do shit.

Cable TV needs to be left behind. Cartoons for streaming services and independent stuff (people funded by Patreon and so on) needs to be embraced. Another thing, and I hate to say this as I love good 2D animation, but CGI should become the focus.

2D still looks lame on the big screen while 3D still looks lame on the small screen

Sure it looks lame if you're making South Park or Family Guy but that's not what 2D animated movies are normally like.

A lot

Greed isn't exactly the fundamental problem here. It's the complacent mentality that comes with copyright monopolies. The majority of major studios and publishers' IPs are guaranteed to sell as they have loyal fanbases who care not about quality. When they do come out with a good work such as with EA and Battlefield 1, it's because they happened to want to put in the effort. They almost always choose not to and what you get is an endless stream of franchise zombies whose original core features have been gutted and streamlined for maximum appeal.

If other companies could build upon great works and ideas, the fanbases would flock to them should they turn out well, and the Triple-A Publishers and Hollywood would lose their profits and market shares unless they choose to make quality works. And without copyright, the original creators of works could continue to improve upon their creations that were once locked in the fists of their parent companies. I'm sure Jhonen Vasquez would like to continue to make episodes for Invader Zim, or how about Mr. Warburton and the highly anticipated KND sequel, Galactic KND? There's also a growing number of people who want Craig McCracken to work on a third season to Wander Over Yonder. As it stands now, the companies won't give these people the platforms they want anymore because it's simply too risky for them, and they won't relinquish their IPs because they don't want their competitors to build upon them. It seems like copyright works against the interest of the creators rather than for them.

Stopped reading right there.

Exactly. And I'll tell you exactly what's wrong, white self loathing. All this push for diversity by white people, immigrants, all this "we're sorry for everything", it's ruining everything. It's infecting movies, cartoons and everything. When was the last time you saw japs constantly making shows about being sorry for being japanese?

heres a solution

we get trump to make his own brand of media, not just TV shows, but cartoons and comic books as well
he'd even get his own TV channel

one primary way that it'd be different from the other stuff is that he wouldn't push any SJW agendas, and he'd have a secret policy to not hire calarts graduates or SJWs, instead telling them that he hired someone with more qualifications instead, and furthermore, he'd never hire a person based on their connections or for social reasons; only for their talent and/or ideas, which would not be twisted or butchered to push an agenda, which even the flintstones comic is guilty of""gay" "marriage"" and the black guy, though he died in the third issue, so at least the writers probably don't like the stuff

he could even have a secret policy to fire people who virtue signal on the internet two months after its first found out, with another reason given for the firing

and if liberal/"conservative" parents don't let their kids watch trump's TV channel, then thats free advertisement from angry children to other children, and maybe other people too

Man, I hate Colombians. My ex was colombian tooI miss her

Pretty sure that I've seen some things being apologetic for being imperial in/pre WWII, also some America is so great crap used to be common. It would make any nationalist throw up, Japan is left leaning, you just haven't noticed because no one really has it out for them except themselves.

Polite sage

I posted in this exact thread, and only this thread that only western animation has this problem because of self loathing whites. It got deleted. I could not be more right, so thanks for proving it again. Enjoy your nazi censoring safe space mods, just delete opinions which you don't like.

Actually, that's just the free market. Misinformation is bad, user.

It's better to watch animation from France, Italy and Japan these days.
French animation is deliciously lewd.

But that's what is happening right now.

so you want to make it legal ?

blimp

Why don't we have writing board?

Start one.

Well, there is /comic/ which was made with creative process and more in depth discussion of comics in mind.

I meant to put >>>/comic/

I bumping up this thread.

We know what is wrong. But how can we take the people attention off from bad show without meme them again?

Computer animation robs people of jobs.
Make South Korea Great Again

This

I am 10 times worse than any sjw hipster, I have been drawign like for 12 yers, done every tutorial, buying physical books and I still suck grand ass.

$chan /ic/ made me quit up drawing completely, every sincgle thing I made was trash no matter what and they never told me why, just to learn how to draw.

Just say cuck, you cuck

There's no point

How exactly did the toy market crash?

Kids don't play with toys anymore; they play and spend their money on smartphone apps & microtransactions now.

People stopped buying shit toys with no maneuverability.

Are you KIDDING me?! Kids love to lick and cum over monster high dolls!

bump

You mean manchildren and white trash women?

Or get a waterproof smartphone so they can cum on it and wash it later

deadline.com/2016/12/viacom-entertainment-music-group-president-doug-herzog-exit-1201874583/

I'm still waiting for the head of Nick to get fired

Revolving door business

"are u treegered" aka u mad 2013
0/10

Hi Hijnx.