archive.is/67fQk
archive.is/BCVYq
archive.is/KvN6u
archive.is/p21Vb
archive.is/yDeQo
archive.is/e7PEl

Back Issues
mega.nz/#F!jVlSRJqR!pVUuubDLj5Uugo9oFLFr5A

Sorry for being so late had school shit to do, also will update mega this weekend

Just gotta save the images then will start posting

What's new this week, anyway?

Can't do it now, else I wouldn't be asking, but do things like DownThemAll work on Archives?

there is a list in last thread

Whats down them all?

Also almost done now

I'll copy and paste it here for convenience. This week, on DC Rebirth:

And some other DC comics that may interest some anons:
This one contains some behinds the scenes extras and character sketches that might be fun to look at.
This one is the start of some all-ages miniseries aimed at kids. Superman asks for Wonder Woman's help in investigating the disappearance of Batman, according to the solicit.

DownThemAll, and a few similar programs, are addons for browsers that sweep a page and can download every linked image or whatever. Handy for storytimes.

Action Comics, Detective Comics, Deathstroke and Titans are the ones to look forward too.

PFFFFFFFFTTTTT

Maybe Titans and Deathstroke. But Action Comics is eh and Detective Comics is shit tier. As with all the Rebirth Bat stuff.

What's wrong with Action Comics? It's been pretty good along with Superdad.

Action Comics #968

Personally just find it a bit underwhelming.

So… Action Comics confirmed for best Civil War II tie-in?

I am going to have to agree with here it is even more underwhelming in the shadows of Superman

:'( Jon boy is good for this world

Detective Comics #945

Now here is where the good stuff starts

Titans #5

Teen Titans #2

Wonder Woman #11

And….Wally's gone.

well I mean he was in flash 10 talking about this so he is not gone

Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #9

Wait..Tim is dead?

He is in Oz's prison with Doomsday

The Flash #11

…Shit. And having read Death of Superman, really hoping Tim don't wound up like Ted when he faced Doomsday.

They are in separate cages though

Deathstroke #7

Blue Beetle #3

So, I think it's safe to say that DC is doing a much better job keeping their continuity straight and making these titles all feel connected to one another than Marvel is at the moment, yes?

They're not even dressed in a way that looks slutty. Just more overtly feminine and at the same time evil.

Funny how you dont need a big even every 3 months to make the world coherent.

Implying slutty is sexy

Batman Beyond #2

Heh..Keith Giffen is Jaime's teacher…

cool did not notice that

The Hellblazer #4

That's pretty close to the point I was trying to make, actually. Basically, I was impressed that the artist managed to draw such an arousing sight while keeping the actual contents of the page so tame.

…Personally, I prefer Joker getting shot by Tim, thank you. At least there's a body.

Okay thats good I did not want to ring the pleb alarm

As a big Batman Beyond fan the fact that Return of the Joker is not canon to BB makes me really sad

Harley Quinn #8

I don't need slutty dresses to get a hadron.

The problem with that is RotJ fucked with Tim Drake, which led to him not continuing to be Robin. Considering his relevance in the bat-family stories as Red Robin, I can see why they ignored the BB movie in order for there to be less confusion.

That's what I was thinking- I thought when he started to go into the Joker's last caper, it'd be a tweaked version of ROTJ. What a shame.

Batgirl #5

It's the little things that make me love this book.

Vigilante Southland #2

Super Powers #1

Ok thats all I am going to bed will shit post more in the morning

…..what.
these characters sure are different.

I like a lot of these comics, and the art for them is nice, too. Why is DC doing so much right compared to Marvel?

Because DCYOU failed so hard.

Does Batman Beyond take place in Earth 0's future, or on Earth 12? If it's the former, then they could keep the latter as an alternate version of Batman Beyond that's more true to the original show.

Nice to see Batgirl is just as shit as ever.

wait a minute, that card…

Over the shoulder POV.

To add a little onto that, I remember reading in an interview somewhere that Didio, Lee, and a few of DC's big-name house writers were scheduled as part of this multi-company panel at a convention somewhere, right around the time DCYOU was really starting to tank.

When it was their turn to come up onstage and they were introduced to the audience, literally half the people in the room just got up out of their seats and left. And a slap in the face like that turned out to be just what Didio and Lee needed to get them to take a good, long look at what they were actually doing at DC.

Of course, I'm having a little trouble actually finding the interview now, so take that story with a grain of salt.

I think that's just a coloring error. It's supposed to be the boyfriend's arm with that black wristband, but obviously whoever's doing the colors didn't look back at the last version of that scene when doing the later shot.

I'm more concerned about the missing ipad-looking-thing, myself.

Damn. Good eye, user.

God damn that was a slick one.

Nice catch m80

Motherfucker….

DC artists and writers really fucking picked up the stack.

Also on , image one, panel 6. You see a familiar looking ring. Maybe Legion or Flash ring

I didn't actually catch it, myself. Someone pointed it out in the comments section of an online comic reader website I use.

It's the little details that can really help build up a proper sense of continuity, isn't it?

It looks closer to a Flash ring than a Legion ring, though it doesn't quite match up with either. That said, since the artist didn't actually put much detail into that fence, either, I think I'll bet on it being a Flash ring.

Nice catch, by the way.

Damn, if that's true, that's crazy.
Glad something was able to kick them in the pants and make them realize it wasn't working.

I have no idea. I don't know if they've stated which Earth it is.

So I guess that I just have to accept that DC are never going to fix Poison Ivy and that she and Harley are going to be scissoring for all future.

It looks like it's going to be more of an on-again, off-again thing, but yes, there will be scissoring.

Earth-12 is the DCAU cartoons universe.

The new Batman Beyond comic takes place in the Earth-0 universe future, which is the main universe.

If you guys read the issue Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are just breaking up their little lesbian romance. Jimmy Palmiotti, the co-writer of the book, said that now they're just friends.

Also in the future issues Harley's going back to the Joker. Well, one of them, not that there are three Jokers running around.

What was that deal with the 3 Jokers again?

I have no fucking idea.

Apparently there's 3 Jokers running around, the Golden Age Joker, Killing Joke Joker and "I rip my face off" Joker.

King said in an interview at SDCC that he was going to start seeing bits of that particular plot thread starting at Batman #9.

Is Tom King a liar, or is it going to turn out that Punch was one of the three Jokers?

Or, come to think of it, perhaps one the the three Jokers is Jeremiah Arkham. It would certainly make for the kind of edgy plot twist you'd expect from a Batman story in this modern era, wouldn't it?

Has Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) ever not been shitty?

The Batman beyond we've seen since New 52 or whatever is not the same Batman Beyond from the animation continuity.

This week, on DC Rebirth:

Also DC's apparently going to start releasing a magazine starting Wednesday.

Not a whole lot this week but we get two week of Superman back to back so that more than makes up for it.

Plus, most of the titles coming out this week are longer than normal, so it probably comes out to about the same page count in the end, anyway.

Superman Annual #1

Batman Annual #1

Suicide Squad #7

I wanna fuck The Stag.

I don't know what other kind of reaction I would of possibly seen

New Talent Showcase #1

I haven't kept up with Lantern stuff since New 52. Carol and Kyle got together?

Apparently so.

Explain to me again why people bitch about the Joker killing Bruce's parents in Batman '89. It seems logical at this point that the Joker would be responsible for everything in Batman's life, including his origin.

He probably threw that bat into Bruce's window as a joke.

Is this the first time we're seeing Hawkgirl in the main continuity?

She was in some issues of Savage Hawkman

Did Batman just baby talk to the new Ace? That's adorable.

No wonder I never saw her then. Even when I started reading New 52 I never bothered with Hawkman.

Hawkgirl needs more love,

Direct Currents #1

Okay so that is everything this week, not a whole lot but it's alright

Can you anons get all the right answers?

It's awesome that we are getting the Main Man back, though I dont know how to feel about him being on the JLA

Jon oc when?

I'm definitely saving the Jon pic. I dunno either about Lobo being sorta good. My biggest gripe is with the lineup being kinda shit. Lobo being the only one I'd care to read about.

Now if only Joker's Daughter wasn't such a shit character, I feel like there could be an interesting supervillain teamup possibility there.

He looks like the Penguin from the Telltale game.

So the Wonder Woman one was a feminist shitshow, of course.

Superman's was interesting. And so was Hellblazer.

Different hair color, but otherwise you're right. I still think he could have potential if removed from the Batgirl book and placed under a different writer, though.

Just imagine, the Super-Sons taking on the Son of Penguin and the Joker's Daughter. That could be a fun caper, right?

Yes it would. If only the Joker's Daughter was pre-new 52 rather than the new one.

Eh, they just need to say that the New 52 Joker's Daughter is the Duela of Earth 0, and then introduce Duela Dent of Earth 3.

And then maybe reveal that the Earth 0 Duela is the daughter of Harvey Dent and some girl he had a brief fling with back in high school, and she changes her identity to Two-Face's Daughter, or something like that. That could be an opportunity to shake things up and try to mold her into a usable character, right?

Then you toss in Enigma the Riddler's Daughter, and suddenly you have the beginnings of a team that could provide some very interesting challenges for various heroes.

The only question is who the final villain child character would be that would bring them all together to form a proper team. Is there a Batman rogue who fits, or would it be better to look further afield?

I like the idea of legacy characters fighting their superiors enemy legacy characters but it is really easy to fall into the trap of using only the sons or daughters for their villains which is a tad too gimmicky.

So, people on a few other sites have translated all of Swamp Thing's garbled Kryptonian words using guides DC has put out for the language.

They've also made the connection that these are lines from Superman: Rebirth #1, which ties in pretty well with Superman's problem in the issue itself.

This is true, and it's also the reason Joker's Daughter only made three appearances in Batman Family magazine way back when she was first introduced, as I recall. Her creator wanted to have her dress up as the daughter of Batman's entire rogues gallery over the course of multiple stories, but the editor but his foot down because that would have driven the Robin stories straight into the dirt.

Thats really interesting, I hope this whole thing with Oz is not some fuckery at the end though.

I got a question…are we getting a Booster Gold solo series? Or is it just ends with the Booster we know and love either vanishing to the ether…or became the new Waverider? If that's the case, thanks Barry, you selfish asshole.

This is starting to get good…especially with the mild-mannered Clark Kent asking Superman to kill…when usually it's Clark that kept Superman in line.

The first two images…especially the second image. Batman having a sense of humor back is a breath of fresh air. I can't believe King wrote this.

Two things…one, love the art for the Wonder Woman segment and two, Wally's back? And he's in full Flash gear?

What I assume DC is doing is they are really going to right a lot of the wrongs they made in the past, they have heavily implied that Jessie and Johnny Quick were coming back along with Jay and the JSA, and along with that I would assume Booster Gold would be coming back along with others.

Right now its bordering on the edge for me, hopefully they really start knocking it out of the part soon like superman.

Its a whole of a lot better than the "Break his back break his back break his back" batman that for sure.

I assume that these are all one shots and are not cannon also its funny to note that Wally is flash and WW is not wearing her New Earth costume rather her New 52 one

(checked)
Knowing Dan Jurgens, it's slow build but it's always worth it what with two Kents, Lex being new Darkseid and all…

>"I thought you were supposed to be omniscient. I saved Allen. Plus a few others."

I'll admit, I'm not very familiar with Deadman. Is he usually this interesting, or…?

Depends on the writer

What do we have to look forward to this week?

Well, let's see:

And then there's also one item that's going to get its own thread:

So much for Rebirth D.C. not being SJW crap.

All the bat books right now are cancer

Is 1966 any good?

Havent read that one sorry user, I completely forgot that one.

I heard its been pretty good.

Damn, Nightwing too? I was considering reading that one.

Writing is mediocre but the art is not good