Cell phone tower radiation exposure

Hi there,
Me and my friend have planned to climb on a cell phone tower. There're warning about radiation and stuff everywhere, but it's also the only good spot to climb on in my near area. And cause of that I'm a bit worried about the health effects our little climb might have.

- Do we get brain cancer
- Does it depend on how long we stay there if we get brain cancer?
- What else?

You're a fucking idiot. Go climb on an electric pole and then hang on the wires.

what do you think happens to the workers who have to fix shit on their?
you think they all wear hazmat suits?

I hope you get caught. The cell phone company will sue the shit out of you. You'll be in debt for the rest of your life.

honestly neck yourself

you both got ass cancer, you fucking dingus

he probably tried climbing one but was too fat and his balls got melted off by the radio waves

It's microwave radiation.
You'll be fine.

Bro that "Radiation" is just radio waves coming from the towers transmitting texts, phone calls, and snapchat requests.

It's not lethal like pic related, 40 Gram sample

Kek. Maybe if you eat it.

the worry is about how close you get to the transmitting antennae. as you get closer the rf power density increases rapidly. you're not going to get cancer, but high power sources transmitting in a continuous fashion has the potential to induce rf burns. particularly vulnerable are your eyes. skin will burn too but for that i'd think you'd have to be very close to the antennae. i'd stay at least 10-20 feet away from the antennae. i work with an antenna array operating at 25 kW and we get within 20 feet of it and I think that's overly cautious. and that is a cw radiating array. cell phone tower is modulated signal so less danger.

there is also danger due to medical devices implanted in your body and possibly sparking on exposed metal, but again you'd have to be very close to the antennae to see that.

They shut the transmitter down first.

Not cancer but possible burns like sticking your body in a microwave, worst part is you won't immediately notice until the damage is done. Other than that just a risk of falling to your death, getting caught, or breaking an antenna. FUCKING DO IT OP, RECORD THIS!

Climb a tree or something you childish faggot.

Radiation isn't harmful

t. Doctor Manhattan

serious answer:
Most info online is about purported long-term effects.
There's not too many sources of info about *instant* symptoms of RF exposure around, because it's not a situation that most people would ever be in (where they would approach a high-power transmitter antenna while it was operating).

I have read military medical accounts where people said that when people approached a transmitter antenna (that they thought was turned off) their eyesight would turn somewhat-white, making their view appear 'foggy'.

Also they do get radiation burns on their skin, but that doesn't happen instantly. It takes 15 to 30 minutes to kick in, and then it just feels like a sunburn. In that much time, the skin that was nearest to the antenna turns red, like a rash.

I don't think that a cellphone tower is all that powerful–at least, not anything like a commercial radio station tower would be (tens of thousands of watts). It's still not a cheap thing to break tho.

i remember a thread cap about a russian user who swallowed a radioactive uranium shell bullet while drunk and was asking for medical advice, the alpha radiation most likely killed him

It was probably depleted uranium (based solely on the fact that i haven't heard of an enriched uranium bullet). He was probably fine too. Alpha particle radiation is ionizing. Each particle will steal 2 electrons from nearby atoms to become a helium atom while turning the atoms stolen from into positively charged ions. This has he capacity to tear chemical bonds apart, form new ones, and all that not so good stuff.

It certainly wouldn't be healthy. But I doubt eating a uranium bullet would kill you. Especially knowing the absurdly long half life of Uranium translates into much less radiation being emitted before he shat it out.

Radiation is actually good for you.

Climb a fucking mountain you jackass. Don't you think people who work on these towers have the luxury of turning them the fuck off first?

What happened to Holla Forums… Stop posting, you fags.

Stream it OP. Provide oc for us.

Eyes and testicles are the issue at high power.

So just take them off before climbing and you'll be fine.

On the subject of these telecom jew cancer machines, what do anons suppose the best way to destroy one would be? Hypothetically of course.

with a nuke

Engineerfag here. Getting in the path of those antennas will fuck you up. Not like a brain cancer down the road sort of thing, but after a few seconds you'd actually be cooked. The power coming out of those things while theyre on is more than enough to kill you