Proper mugs me off that the alt-right and people who are edgy about sex stole the word 'red-pilled'...

Proper mugs me off that the alt-right and people who are edgy about sex stole the word 'red-pilled'. For a term that's all about 'knowing the underlying mechanisms behind superficial manifestations' you'd think Marxists would have seized it as soon as possible, not to mention that the Matrix has some serious Situationist undertones. And its called the RED pill for fucks sake. /rant/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k-0VMnFmnL0
sfu.ca/~etiffany/teaching/phil_film/The Matrix and Marx.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel you, dog

They stole the term from a movie made by a pair of trannies as a metaphor for their condition…

They stole the term from a movie made by a pair of trannies as a metaphor for their condition…

FFS, fix this site

They can keep their pills.
The pill dichotomy is about replacing one ideology with another.

We want a third pill.

pretty sure 'third pill' is nazism too

Have you guys heard of the brown pill? :^)

There's a Marxist film based on the Matrix, I've not seen it so I don't know if it's pro-Situ or not but yeah.

Add it on the pile of other shit the right has stolen from us.

There is no rhetoric so revolutionary that it cannot be repurposed.

Bretty sure ye are all idiots.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-0VMnFmnL0

The concept of a "red pill" implies there basically exists a simple, straightforward path towards some sort of "secret" truth, more often than not revealed to you by some edgy cretin on a random imageboard — this is the thought process of a spineless cultist or a conspiracy theorist, not that of someone who sincerely wants to understand the world in better way.

Ever noticed how those thread mostly consists of "please with red-pill me about this or that stuff" requests? I'll translate it to you: "I'm too intellectually lazy to make my own research and form my own opinion, so could you dear stranger on the Internet (whom I arbitrarily imbue with a quasi-mythical aura of knowledge for some reason) please spoon-feed me your unsubstantiated worldview? I'm not interested in actually improving my understanding of how society functions, I just want to feel special."

Also it's a reference to a film that's mediocre at best.

this is absolutely correct.

What's that book the green-pilled guy reads?

Prometheus Rising, by Robert Anton Wilson

Isn't the term "redpill" taken from a movie with Marxist undertones made by two transsexual siblings?

Yep.

"The Matrix" doesn't have any serious Marxist undertones; it is loosely based off the work of Baudrillard (who dismissed the film) but that's it. Also, the film was released before either brother started transitioning.

Well I don't know how you'd define "serious" but there's certainly more than just post-Marxist undertones of the Baudrillardian sort.

sfu.ca/~etiffany/teaching/phil_film/The Matrix and Marx.html

The Left sucks terribly at coming up with new slangs, terms and insults.

And trust me, if some leftist here had used "red pill" before the Right made it popular, you'd probably think "ew, that's so stupid"

It IS a terrible term.

So? Are "cuck" or "berniebros" quality terms? These things serve a purpose, it doesn't matter if they're bad