Storytime: Genndy Tartakovsky's CAGE! #2 (of 4)

Has it already been a month since the first issue of this sensational new miniseries was released, anons? My, how time flies.

Sit back and enjoy the next issue of one of the few good things Marvel is putting out right now.

And that's it for this month.

Now, as I recall from last month, comic shop owners reported that the first issue of this book sold rather poorly. Supposedly, modern day Marvel 'fans' were too busy being offended by the artwork to enjoy it.

How triggered do you think those same people are going to get by this month's issue?

Well that was a ride to say the least.

Shits not bad.

Well, at least they're honest.

I'm going to be mean and hold it to the high standards set in the first issue

this one feels very weak for plot
Cage runs
Cage hallucinates
It feels like they could trim it down to half or a quarter and tack it on to whatever the next story is going to be
probably had 3 issues worth of plot so Genndy decided to draw an acid trip issue

uppercutting the snake's eyes out is a good gage, but could have been done in the same panel as him squeezing and yelling at it

This is a pretty fair judgement. Everything just kinda happens in this issue like nothing. All out of nowhere. It doesn't make for an interesting story.

I thought it was selling fairly decently by the numbers and the virtue singlers were powerless.

How this happened in 2016, I'll never know

… what the fuck just happened?

Thought I'd never see that.

If they made this a cartoon who would voice Luke Cage? Kevin Michael Richardson? Phil La Marr?

Micheal Jai White?

That could work.

I thin thats the best 'establishing the powers' shot I ever seen.

Id say, anyone too triggered to not enjoy some seventies style art and crumb parodies aint an audience you want. This should be sold in bookstores, not comic book shops.

COMICS

I don't agree. I think Genndy wanted this to be the "chase" issue, but, in this particular instance, the medium fails since it's hard to capture the fast pacing Genndy wants. If this comic was animated, it would be amazing.

Still, this is the best comic Marvel is releasing right now. It's beautiful and I am genuinely curious to see who the big bad guy is. I must know who employs cat-men wearing funky suits.