New Venom Host

I actually enjoyed this first issue, only time will tell if it goes to shit or not.

So, what did you think Holla Forums?

…I just realized, the symbiote is the one saying don't kill… Now that's interesting.

Why does this feel like The Darkness? Maybe it's the new character's design, though I do love the role reversal of the symbiote being the pacifist.

It was reminding me of something as well. I'm interested in what's going to happen during this run since Lee Price seems to be as Mac Gargan said, "An asshole"

So far Marvel has said that Flash Thompson and Eddie Brock will be making appearances in this series. Eddie Brock will be kicking it with Man-Wolf, I guess they're buddies now since all they went through during the Carnage series.

This is basically The Darkness

Honestly OP, this wasn't very good. It didn't flow well at all. The dialogue feels stunted and everything goes by so fast. I'm a bit unsure about having a brand new character who's basically a no one psycho become Venom but it could be interesting. Wonder what happened to Flash that turn Venom into this though.

That's probably my favorite thing about it. I especially like his backstory, it uses different elements of the Marvel universe in an interesting way. He feels like a real person to me.

Feels like how a real psychotics mind works at least.

Does he seem crazy to you? He seems sane to me, just a very bitter, cynical, and world weary asshole, but not crazy.

He's got all the signs of a psychotic. Particularly lack of empathy. He kills all those people and his friend without a second thought.

That's true. I like the final page of the comic. Almost like the symbiote is facing karmic justice, it has corrupted so many people, trapping them in cycles of violence and death. Now it's stuck with someone worse than it, stuck with a true psychopath.

If you haven't been keeping up with all the retarded developments, the Venom Symbiote was more or less taken back to its home planet with the Guardians of the Galaxy and "purified" into the sort of warrior it was meant to be.

Then in the last Venom series with Flash it's revealed it didn't completely work.

Bendis, right? Glad Marvel shitcanned that idea.

I like it.

So did it dump flash or something? What the fuck why are there so many symbiotes
Comics are fucking stupid sometimes

We don't know. We'll probably find out at the end of Space Knight or Civil War 2.

Not really, you have to take the long run with the Symbiote to understand it's basically an Eldritch child abuse victim that has the fucking resilience of a Shoggoth backing it.

It's first host was a beta cuck teen that thought in nothing but black and white and saw it as a negative influence on his life, never once taking time to consult it or properly straighten it out or form a relationship with it, putting it through separation, when all it did was increase his beta cuck hormones to put out more Test, resulting in the beta cuck becoming an Alpha badboy, like all Test does, and this was seen as being synonymous with "becoming evil" Peter failed to recognize every given sign to the symbiote side of things.

Brock was the start of a downward spiral of the worst kind imaginable, and when it got to Gargan everything went to shit.

Effectively, just replace every mention of symbiote with young child, and you can see just how bad things have gone for the poor thing.

In the end, it all goes back to the vicious cycle of "Symbiote does good, then some faggot comes along, cans that and slaps it in a stupid Who HAS THE SYMBIOTE NOT WORN YET OR HOW MUCH HORRIBLE OC DONUT STEEL SYMBIOTE OCS CAN WE MAKE VIA TORTURING THE SYMBIOTE THANKS TO SCIENCE! OR HOW MANY RETURNS TO ABUSIVE CUCKLORD PARKER CAN WE DO? Effectively, they utterly forget, retcon, or go back on any development the symbiote has, and put it into an even worse hell, than it's been in before.

Once upon a time, the Symbiote was literally a thing that promoted the idea of bonding with hosts over mutual understanding rather than ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL back when it had a homeworld before Galactus took a bite.

it got fucked, ended up on battleworld or whatever the fuck event lead to big DOOM's massive Cosmic Dong Expansion fightcade extravaganza then met Parker.

To list one of the holy fuck why would you not wear this benefits of symbiotes:

I once made a better bigger post of this, but this will have to do.

If one day you got to wear an outer god child that was effectively very protective of you and unknown to human customs behaviors and concepts, you are the luckiest man alive. Cuck Parker fucked it all up, he fucked it, and he's been cucked to high hell and back ever since. He could have fucked all the girls that moved on him by now outdoors indoors, in space and beyond, he could have been a SpiderMAN but he's a cuck so no. And now the Symbiote is literally a child taken in by a batshit religious nutjob, then a fucking criminal, then a fucking war vet who said it loved him despite basically flaying it every other second and downing a pharmacey's worth of drugs when it complained because some asshole made the process of bonding so parasitic it's not even funny, and now it's on a guy who is effectively a psychopath, and oh right I nearly forgot:

One day this fucking Symbiote is going to get payback, and it won't be a "that time of the month Symbiote invasion" event trend like Web of Shadows set out.

Seriously, this thing is like (can't believe I'm saying this) Some Undertail best friend tier motherfucker Please god, let Shub-Niggurath be summoned just to hug it and tell it everything is gonna be alright.

Pleb.

And the Negatives of a symbiote?

Withdrawal symptoms.

The whole fucking Assuming direct control/shared space/hormonal influence is something that can be worked out, as is proven in multiple instances.

WELL NO FUCKING SHIT

I WOULDN'T GIVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT UP EXCEPT FOR MAYBE GREAT OLD ONE/OUTER GOD STATUS.

Hey, it's not like I don't like Brock, he was cool, but initially, he was/is a bad guy for a reason back in the day.

He didn't really improve or help the Symbiote out, but he did the following:

Now, on the subject of the Symbiote, and the fun had in Marvel Comics issues when Conan, or Red Sonya or some other Fnatays world get's involved in crossovers I want to pitch something to you guys.

Marvel and Wizard's of the Coast's
Venom
In
The Underdark

Fucking Imagine.

And then there's the funniest fucking idea of a hilarious Illithid encounter/fake capture and brought to slave pits:

Funniest fucking wild ride imaginable.

That's a good point. Brock and the Symby have one of the worst realtionships in all of comics. I want more comics written about their relationship, tbh

So, if this is supposed to be Flash's symbiote, what happened to Flash and isnt he bonded with it?

We don't know. Not completely. Though he was the closest to bond with Venom than any other host.

No second thoughts. That implies those thoughts come afterwards. But there were a lot of preceding, realist thoughts.

(cont.)
He's clearly not a completely one-dimensional psychopath. He distinguishes between strength and power. Clearly has tried to do the right thing before, and realised that you have to help yourself before you can even begin to help others. And with the power that comes with Venom also comes with a big risk to yourself. Killing the witnesses was the correct move. Not a nice move, but a smart one.

Seems like this is another case where Marvel jumped the gun, either accidentally or on purpose, to reveal that yet another character is being taken over by some minority. In this case, I think Venom's new partner is supposed to be asian?

They did this with Doom and the negress who is taking over for Iron Man by unintentionally revealing that Tony Stark wouldn't be surviving the upcoming events of Civil War 2

His name is Lee Price, you can see his parents in the comic, he's white.

Exactly. He should be interesting seeing a comic with a competent host. He doesn't have a family or anything to tie him down, he can't be blackmailed or threatened.

Dont fuck up, dont fuck up, dont fuck up….

There's two options. ONE: They fuck it up and make it current year bullshit. TWO: They don't fuck it up for social justice points and the story goes well. BUT it won't sell at all compared to the pandering crap. Eventually getting lost in obscurity.

So wait, the symbiote doesn't like the host?

Then why stay with him?

Venom seems too weak and unstable. Like it's falling apart or sick. Doubtful it can get away if it tried.

The dude was just thinking about how he would have gotten away with killing his mom when he was a child. He's just a shitty ow the edge character.

Let's not get into the idea he can apparently completely dominate the symbiote. I'm sure he's also a cool dude who isn't afraid of anything and will definitely get into starfleet with those recommendations from all his friends in the senior staff of the enterprise.

It's in an abusive relationship and the Host is holding all of the power.

What's the dude going to do to stop him? Hold on real tight to that liquid as it hops onto the first healthy human he passes?

Maybe! I dunno!

How does this dude have any 'power' aside from this sudden Bullshit about being able to effortlessly control the symbiote?

The symbiote doesn't need financial support or protection from reprisal, 10 minutes in time square and it would have a better host.

And what's to stop him from taking good old one note host for a midnight romp when he's unconscious to find literally anyone but the guy doing the thing he doesn't like?

Man, this comic is such a waste of a good idea.

Man it does get kinda worse the more you think about it. Damn.

The core concept is good enough to tell a story but this isn't the way to do it.

The symbiote in an abusive relationship is already ascribing to it a lot of human qualities that it doesn't have. You could obviously still do it but it would have to be set up well.

If the symbiote really is questioning morality and it's responsibility in its own past it would be way more interesting if it went out and bonded with a psychologist.

Just think of that, the symbiote doing villain/hero stuff by night as it has deep philosophical conversations with the host. The symbiote giving it's own insight on the pheromones and tics of the psychologists patients. That would be more interesting than just fetishizing the symbiote as an abuse victim.

That's way too smart for Marvel.

I don't think I would have even though of that either. I wonder how many people have a lot of interesting ideas but they just don't do anything with them.

How many people have they fired or just quit so far? A good majority of them probably had some good ideas along the way. That doesn't fit with Marvel's style.

I'm no symbiote scholar like the user above but it looks to me like some writer sat down and went:

"Okay. Now i want to make a complicated character and have him use the venom symbiote."

Better than "I want to make a middle eastern lesbian muslim girl with a chubby belly and no arms character use the venom symbiote".

That I cant tell if this happened already or not is scary as bleep.

About as complicated as a mass of hydrogen… but yeah as complimented as marvel writers can manage

What happened to Flash?

WE DON'T KNOW

Hopefully he died in a ditch.

Oh right, didn't Spock confiscate the symbiote at one point or the other?

Did he make Tony get up so he could get out of the booth between panels?

I meant Lee

Never post again.

Where is this stated? It's not that I don't believe you but the idea of connecting the Venom symbiote to Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos is so cool I would like to read it myself.

m8, you're in for a treat