The Mummy (2017)

Get hype xDD

Nukes start flying when?

hopefully soon

For what purpose? Are they all going to team up at the end and beat up godzilla or something?
Or just to have a shitty inconsiquential cameo here and there in each movie?
The marvel movies set up parallel movies to tie them all up in the end in a team movie. Without that, what's the payoff for this kind of setup?

wat

Is that a cheatcode in her face? Down-Right, Right, Right-Left, Up, Up, Down, Down, Right, Left.

Mummy vs Werewolf vs Mr Hyde vs Frankenstein vs Creature from the Black Lagoon vs the Invisible Man vs your mom's gash.

No, they're fighting game inputs.
Shoryuken, air fireball, charged ground-pound, and some other diagonal AA.

Mummy chick makes my penis feel funny.

I approve of this.

Will this culminate in a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen remake?

Will this culminate in a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen remake?

let me post wheelyman

Team up and beat a lovecraftian cosmic 4d whale with the size of a continent.

This whole every IP requires an extended universe meme can't die soon enough, and I'm certain this won't hold a candle to 1999 version. On the other hand Universal chose to cast Sofia Boutella, maybe the most physically competent and capable female in all of hollywood at the moment, as the antagonist opposite Tom Cruise. At the very least I'm fairly confident this whole thing is going to be fun.

Universal was the first cinematic universe and tbh it makes more sense than a superhero universe

I can kinda see the first point, because they did crossover movies in the past, but in what possible way does a superhero universe not make sense?
Its exactly what exists in the comics.

In the sense that they never help each other. They exist in the same fucking universe, but for example, Iron Man has to deal with Guy Pierce all alone, Thor has to kill the deformed 9th Doctor without any help, and Stan Lee is an army general then a suburban pensioner 70 years later. He is present in the X-Men movies, while the X-Men never show up to help others, mutants are missing from the Marvel-world, etc.

In the comics, all the characters were in the same hand, they could use them anywhere, any time, in any form. Now one studio owns the X's, another owns Spidey, and another owns the Fantastic Four. So they can't help each other or save the world together, because muh millions. Instead, we get shitty movie after each shitty movie that tries to reestablish the same fucking characters for the 4th or 6th time, and of course those movies are made with at least 2 sequels and tie-ins in mind. Just look at Spider-Man…

The old Universal Monster films had crossovers. Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, House of Dracula, the whole Abbot and Costello meet X shit. So technially that was a cinematic universe too, and without the crossovers being capeshit-esque avengers garbage.

holy shit that looks awful

Honestly, I wish they just went the Van Helsing route for the modern universal horror movies. In the Van Helsing sequel he did plan on meeting the creature from the black lagoon and the mummy.

The first Thor movie introduced Hawkeye, the second Iron Man introduced Black Widow, Black Widow was in the second and third Captain America movie, the second also featured Falcon, and they all appeared in Civil War of course. Hulk is in the next Thor movie, the shows reference the movies and it's rumored the movies are going to start referencing the shows (the good ones, mind you.) However, you don't want these heroes to always depend on other heroes. They need to have some solo adventures.

He's the last living creator of the comics, it's neat that he shows up in them. Also, supposedly Guardians of the Galaxy 2 reveals that Stan Lee is actually the MCU's version of Uatu the Watcher.

Both Fantastic Four and X-Men are/were under the ownership of Fox, but with this latest flop and Marvel agreeing to let Fox develop tv shows (Legion) the rumored deal to give them back Fantastic Four probably went through. Which would be awesome as it means Marvel can use Skrulls, Doctor Doom, Galactus, etc. In fact, The Watcher being mentioned probably indicates they do have those rights back.

So what? He did basically nothing, just sat atop some pole and watched people with a binocular. Also he is unintersting and shitty
Again, uninteresting character, has 0 superpowers, Scarlett Johansson had her tits cut off, etc.
Because they are basically partners?
That's not even a superhero
Oh, characters appearing in the previous installments, all owned by the same studio are in the next movie? Big deal! Also you were listing the fucking Avengers, of course they appear in each other's movies, but as you've pointed out, only the most boring ones do the crossovers.
Why the fuck do we need a third Thor, seriously…
Like what?
Nigger, if the fate of the whole bloody planet is at stake, why can't we have an alliance forming to protect the Earth? In the second Thor movie, the dark elf army in theory is capable of wiping the whole humanity out, and still, Thor doesn't ask for help. Why not? In the Fantastic Four 2, Galactus wants to eat the whole planet, why can't they ask for help? Also these bad guys are a threat to universe, where's the Green Lantern Corps?
That's good, I guess.

It's true to the comics, but the reason it's taken so long to get superhero team movies and why there's this supposed need to set every character up with an origin movie is that it's a pretty ridiculous concept. If Dracula is out there, I'll buy that there's also a wolfman and mummy wizards and whatever else. But throwing together magic and human-looking aliens and implausible super science all at once, and the only earth-shattering ramification of these developments is… they put on costumes and fight crime?

Protip: yes, you are going to be continuously frustrated by pretty much everything when you insist on a combination of overthinking while also oversimplifying. No offense.

>they put on costumes and fight crime?

Blade Runner
Alien
Predator

Probably.

This so-called film should go right into the trash because Bredan was banned from reprising his legendary character